• Other Side
    Sweet!!!!!

Yeah none of the RBT gear will work with the Nomad. The Nomad is much smaller and the glass stem is equivalent to a 14mm joint in size (not shape). If you are sensitive to heat you will need to do something about it because the Nomad has a short air path and of course it's hot convection heat.

As for performance it is quite good! The Milaana is actually the closest vape I can think of as far as vapor quality so I'd say that's pretty good!

It comes with two stems and you can drop them right into a 14mm female connection without any adapter. It's relatively sturdy but it's not like a jointed glass connection.

All the Ed's stuff landed last night! I'm about to list the nomad stems actually so I'll put a pic here for folks to see.
    ovx0oik1eibfctrl.jpg
    Small stems on the left are the same size as the stock glass stems. The ones on the right are a bit longer and have a 14mm male WonG connection.

Sold out of the long cocobolo and blackwood Splinter/Milaana stems already so reupped today with Ed!
  • Mangu
    Are you using the “Low Temp” or “Hight Temp” heater module? Do you prefer one over the other?

@BestBuds unless you were one of the people who got on that list very early then there’s a good chance you will be waiting a longggggggggggg time for yours. Shoot the whole design might change by then haha. I was recently added to the list and was informed that turn-around is about 3 months. And they’re being produced in batches of 30. And there’s about 250 persons on the list....The good part is I should have finances buttoned up by the time it’s my turn.
  • BestBuds
    I only got on the list in October...
  • Kinick23
    Took about 8 months before I got the notification..
  • duff
    duff Are you using the “Low Temp” or “Hight Temp” heater module? Do you prefer one over the other?Mangu

This is the high heat module but overall I prefer sipping with the low-medium one.
  • SourMalk
    So it seems as though my dreams have been shattered. I should have know that such a piece of art would have such a wait list. No worries though I don't mind appreciating from afar. Very interesting to look through his Instagram pictures. Really makes you appreciate the process that goes into making these.

Maybe a longshot but if anyone is interested in selling their used Nomad I would be more than happy to jump on that opportunity. Thanks!!
  • Cl4ud3
    Final picture of my Nomad that Dan sent me, got to say I wouldn't change a thing and it was exactly what I asked for.
    hj2mfo1iopohrmye.jpg
    Dan is an exceptional and talented guy who seems able to do anything he sets his mind to.

For those that haven't seen he has some great albums that show his previous work and the Nomad process.

https://imgur.com/a/1VaOq Okin Pipe

https://imgur.com/a/vu3AW Nomad prototype

https://imgur.com/a/dOIuX Nomad part 2

https://imgur.com/a/rfZA3 Nomad updated process

https://imgur.com/a/CXij589 Nomad
  • UbarDog

So excited for you!
    I'm so mixed about this. Over all I 100% love his work in the most bi polar way.
    Vapes as good as it looks ?
    Looks to good to vape with!

I would be scared to use it. In case of blemishes and I would most proberly keep it in Glass Box sealed in mountain air.
  • Cl4ud3
    Vapes as good as it looks ?UbarDog

Still a few weeks away as Dan is doing some final additions to them and then it's the long overseas post and customs.

I also feel a bit mixed about using it but it's functional art I guess.
  • BobCat
    Is that a lichen in the button? Did you order both heater modules? What species is that burl?

I love your choice of chiyogami sleeve! I love @duff's too! My preference is minimalist.

I'm glad this will be arriving soon, but the running joke of the wait was, admittedly, amusing for me. Did @Other Side order his third? :rofl: Looking forward to seeing your pictures and thoughts. She's a beauty!
  • UbarDog

Functional art yea, I supose its the same with heady glass. I would save it for special occasions, Wedding ect, new year bash ect. Even then I dunno really :mask: Clincal Clean and scratch inspection ! when I got home.

Just been looking though the links you posted . In all of this works you can see that care ,love, heart and soul paired with time and patience are drenched into it. In one he goes into some details about the heater , Its an REALLY good design. He could make into a wall plug , log style easly well any style tbh.

(I know its what you choose , but why the plane sleeve?)<---- Don't answer this stupid question , Its coz its what you wanted
  • UbarDog
    https://imgur.com/a/B4z32
    NYfmE7G.jpg
    OMFG I want one . Camping ,Shr**ms and this !!!!
  • Cl4ud3
    Is that a lichen in the button? Did you order both heater modules?BobCat

Yes lichen button and I went for both heaters. It's been a long wait and the closer its been getting to completion the longer its felt. I stand by my IG comments on @other side and him getting a third Nomad :rofl:

I know its what you choose , but why the plane sleeve?UbarDog

I felt the plain kraft paper sleeve wouldn't take anything away from the wood itself, and I prefer the plainer elegant look for some things. The paper choice IS the hardest decision you will make when it comes to designing these, the number of choices from the paper alone is staggering without thinking of custom paint jobs that he will also do. I decided very early on that I wanted it plain and that I would like it stamped like the Okin boxes.

Just checked and there were nearly 900 paper styles.
  • Other Side
    Lol you guys. No third Nomad. I already feel selfish enough! :rofl:

Love your selections @cl4ud3!
  • Baron23
    Spectacular and very elegant, Claude.

May it serve you well and long.
  • Dr green thumb
    Nice vape, I would get one too if it didn't take so long to get it. Are these similar in performance to the milaana 2?

@Cl4ud3 you have a showpiece heading your way.
  • Cl4ud3
    Are these similar in performance to the milaana 2?Dr green thumb

I think only @other side has both to be able to compare directly, I think @duff could compare to a few RBT products but maybe not the Mi2.
  • Other Side
    yes very similar in my opinion. Different heater tech and different size but they both share that 100% on demand convection through a glass airpath.

And for the record I prefer the low heater module more than the high. Just easier to manage yet still capable of big rips!
  • Other Side
    Well Champs was a blast! Missed delivery of my Cocobolo prior to leaving but I got a nice surprise coming home.

Had Dan make me a 14mm and 19mm stir collar in Cocobolo along with a stir tool.

The wood stem however is from our friend Ed. It just tops it off imo.

Ok no more words.......

ikhw9azszkdkpcp8.jpg
    ho1z1zuj2mtqu19a.jpg
    fuxhelbo3ra2qs82.jpg
    nz0vhw99eh38g2ta.jpg
    azlrmfppdxvhex1a.jpg
    lvl3hbpljmmettyc.jpg
  • Dr green thumb
    it was well worth the wait. That is a beautiful addition to your collection.
  • Kinick23
    @Other Side love the cocobolo wood you got there, enjoy! What do the 14mm and 19Mm stir colars allow you to do?
  • Other Side
    Thank you! As for the stirring collar's, you just drop them on top of your stems while you are stirring. It prevents the load from dumping out of the stem. I use the 14mm for he Nomad and the 19mm for all my 19mm vapes (RBT, Tubo, etc.).

I also realized last night that the pic tool. Also has a shovel carved into it for easy loading! Nice work Dan!
  • Kinick23
    Cool good idea
  • BestBuds
    How is the cleaning/ upkeep with the Nomad?
  • Other Side
    almost non existent. Exactly like the RBT stuff. Just clean the stems really.
  • ssaucyc515
    they look so nice!
  • warren0728
    i have thought about getting on the list for a nomad ... looks like about a year wait?
  • Baron23
    fabulous....hope it provides you with years of joy and good service.
  • Ctipp22
    Almost to my batch. Need advice from a heavy user with knowledge on good vapes! low heat module vs high heat. Any one with a low heater can you post the clouds on a hit or something? or compare it to a similar vape with same power level to give an idea of how strong each module is?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment