• Ctipp22
    When you say big rips what does that mean? like a milaana? or would that be closer to high heat?
  • Other Side
    Yeah like Milaana.
  • Ctipp22
    So pretty thick clouds even with the low module?
  • Other Side
    depends on technique but yeah no whispy shit.
  • Ctipp22
    Thank you very much. Saved me a mistake.
  • MothChewMoth
    Did you say Ed made you those collars? I need!!!
  • Other Side
    ed makes the stems, Dan handles the collar and it's not removable.
  • MothChewMoth
    sorry, I'm talking about the stir collars.
  • Other Side
    Oh no Dan made those too.
  • BestBuds
    I contacted him via Instagram but he never told me what batch I am in. Should I worry?
  • Ctipp22
    Can anyone speak on behalf of the High heat module?
  • MothChewMoth
    was it recently? I just did and I'm 150 or so in line. He said to expect a few months at minimum. There are only 60 or so of these in the wild so far! Seems well worth the wait for an amazing tasting piece of art.
  • BestBuds
    last November....

UPDATE: I found the original message to him and we confirmed I am on the list. :up: :hearts:
  • Other Side
    I have them both. The high is a bit more touchy in my opinion. Easier to scorch/combust but can be regulated by a more direct and regular draw. I just feel the low is more forgiving and you can still get nice clouds.
  • Terpenetime
    It sounds like I’ll probably prefer the low heat module as most appear to, although I’ll probably get both. After all, if you don’t try it for yourself then you’ll never really know.
  • Ctipp22
    getting both heaters to mess with.
  • Terpenetime
    I’m on the waiting list for a Nomad but I’m wondering if I should also get a Milaana 2 whilst I still can?

Can someone that has both comment on how similar or different they are please?
  • MothChewMoth
    I can't answer your question from experience, but I can tell you that I personally will be getting the Nomad in addition to my Milaana and other unregulated vapes. Since they are different form factors and different heaters, it will absolutely have a different experience. @Other Side can probably elaborate on how the experience differs between the two, and there is more info over in the main FC thread.
  • warren0728
    i have two milaanas (1.5 & 2) and i’m on the list for a nomad ... more so for the beauty and craftsmanship of it ... it really is a work of art that from the reviews i’ve seen works really well!
  • game 7
    Hey Other Side, could you tell me the species of woods on the 2 Nomads with the casings and the one with the brass button & strips in the raw?
  • Other Side
    the two I own are the following:

Cocobolo body with Padauk collar and Cocobolo bottom cap. This has the floral print and I can't remember the name of the paper selected.

Walnut with Blackwood collar and Blackwood bottom cap (would normally be Walnut in the standard setup). Again I can't remember the paper. I will say tho that the gold Japanese writing has largely worn off this one. Its number 22 in the original batch so it's been well used...I think Dan has refined the process now to help make the paper finish more durable.

As for if you need a Milaana and a Nomad? Well I am the wrong person to ask because I have two nomads and near 10 Milaana...

That said I like the Nomad because its smaller, more artsy and refined and there is not much to break other than a easily replaceable glass stem (and I sell wood ones if that is a concern). I like using this for smaller loads as the 14mm chamber is more conducive to that. In my opinion there is a bit more technique involved with the Nomad but it's really not difficult.

The Milaana is larger and uses that female recessed glass in the unit...that is likely to break if you drop it and your options for properly fixing it are limited. Ryan doesn't seem to have a lot interest in taking care of legit warranty work much less something that is not covered by warranty. And the DIY fix is possible but not without the right supplies and knowledge so this keeps some away. That said the vapor quality and ease of use it hard to beat so again I think they are both worth while.
  • Ctipp22
    Hey otherside any Nomad videos out there ?. Excited for this one!
  • Other Side
    I don't do video but I know @duff made one as well as Dan himself. Both are posted on FC somewhere in the Nomad thread.
  • Ctipp22
    I guess ill make my way over to FC threads
  • game 7
    Thanks Other Side for the reply . What do you know about the 3rd pic, the one with the brass button & no paper ? Thanks again.
  • Other Side
    that's the backside of the cocobolo. It also has the Ed's TnT wooden stem in cocobolo.
  • game 7
    My bad, I didn't realize the brass "button" and strips were on all Nomads. I thought it was another option. Thanks for the education.
  • Other Side
    yes that is all part of the circuitry of the unit. There are no wires in the nomad. Its all built into the design of the vape. Pure genius if you ask me. Then throw in the artistic value/customization available and you have yourself a special vape.
  • Terpenetime
    Thank you @MothChewMoth, @warren0728 & @Other Side for your comments.

I’m sure that if I already had a Milaana then I would still want a Nomad but starting from the position of having neither I’m still not sure what to do. My original plan had been to get the Nomad and then see if I wanted an Mi3, as and when it became available. Obviously recent events suggest that there may not be an Mi3 and so the decision has had to be bought forward.

First, I’m unsure how often I would reach for the Milaana over the Nomad and in what circumstances. Then there’s the cost to consider. An Mi2 is £265 at Vapefiend, which is around $335. I appreciate that the Nomad is probably going to cost more when all’s said and done but it still appears to be better value for money, taking into account the quality of the initial design, the degree of personalisation available and the involvement of the purchaser in the artisan manufacturing process due to the diligence of Dan in providing regular email updates.

Having said that, given the difficulty that RBT has had sustaining his business you might be of the opinion that the Milaana is reasonably priced and that it’s the Nomad that’s too cheap. Whatever the reality, i already have multiple versions of essentially the same product so I’m getting to the point that I really have to justify spending this much money on two such similar vapes. :chin:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment