• Cl4ud3
    Something else you need to consider is the 20% custom and excise fees plus the Royal Mail handling fee. When my Nomad landed in the UK it was an extra $100, I had budgeted for this but it's something some people are shocked by when ordering from outside the E.U.
  • Terpenetime
    @Cl4ud3

Quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten, at least that’s my justification! :joke:
  • EconMan
    Something else you need to consider is the 20% custom and excise fees plus the Royal Mail handling fee. When my Nomad landed in the UK it was an extra $100, I had budgeted for this but it's something some people are shocked by when ordering from outside the E.U.Cl4ud3

Because if there is anything governments love, is to find ways to tax us.

Personally, I wished Trump and whoever May's replacement will be, would lock themselves in a room, and pen a bilateral free-trade agreement between the two countries. If I were king or econ czar I would let there be near perfect labor, capital, and mercantilist mobility between our two countries.

Fuck the EU. I never liked it even when it was only an idea at Maastricht. USA, Canada, and UK should be in a free-trade trading block. No tarifs, quotas, or any sort of protection whatsoever. The result would be awesome after some growing pains. Would also afford more bargaining power with Brussels. :nerd:

The $100 charge really pisses me off!
  • BestBuds
    Just saw this on FC if anyone has the coin.
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/nomad.43992/
  • Baron23
    Whoa...that is a price, ain't it!
  • Pud
    for sure I thought they were $300 new... or maybe that was 2yrs ago when this thread was started!.. lol!!
  • BestBuds
    Haha. Yeah I was kind of laughing at that. BUT! It is a craft vape in high demand and some people pay crazy prices just because they can.
    Still if I was going to pay that much for it I would have it custom made to my specs.
  • Terpenetime
    There was a secondhand Nomad sold on Reddit a few weeks ago for an undisclosed sum. The seller of this Nomad commented on that thread that he had spent a year on the waiting list and that his spec had cost him $400, so he was looking for a profit of $200.

I don’t have any issue with that. It’s simple supply and demand. If someone thinks it’s good value and is prepared to pay the asking price that’s entirely up to them.

I don’t have an issue with those that don’t think it’s good value either, as it’s entirely subjective. I don’t think that they should post their views however and ruin the chance of a sale for the OP.
  • BestBuds
    Exactly. The new Toyota Supra is a good example. People were buying it for way over the tag price now they are being recalled and honestly you could have just bought a BMW Z4 because it's kinda the same damn car. :sweat:

Moral of the story? Rich people buy the darndest things!
  • Baron23
    Well, I guess my thoughts are that I don't think anybody was really criticizing the seller and rather just expressing surprise at the price.

As for his making a profit after a year wait....well, I'm a capitalist and if you can find a buyer for your price, great. If not, cut the price.

Cheers
  • Terpenetime
    @Baron I saw the post above by @BestBuds and assumed, incorrectly, that it referred to an advert for a Nomad that was posted today on Reddit’s ‘EntExchange’ which did attract some criticism from some quarters to the extent that it was eventually taken down. The thread on FC has also now been deleted so I didn’t actually get to see what @BestBuds was referring to.

I’m sure that both adverts would have been for the same Nomad but please accept my apologies for any confusion caused. :pray:
  • Baron23
    Hey, my friend....no apologies needed. We were just having a polite discussion....including your part.

No problems at my end at all. Never even occurred to me that there was an issue.

So, the FC ad has been taken down. On FC, they have (as you probably know) rules like we just implemented (really copied) that classifieds are locked after the OG post and all communications would be by PM. So, I'm guessing the push back on Reddit may have convinced him to pull the ad as there wouldn't have been any public push back on FC, right?

Cheers
  • Terpenetime
    @Baron23 absolutely no issue at all, I was just trying to clear up any confusion for you and anyone else reading this thread.

Polite and knowledgeable discussion is what I come here for... it’s clear that’s a mantra we both share :100:
  • BestBuds
    Maybe not. I think they posted it here too. :chin:

I wish them all the best selling it. It's a pretty one. :up:
  • Terpenetime
    I am so excited for Sunday’s ‘Batch 4’ update that I can hardly contain myself. For those that are not in the loop, this will hopefully be when we get to see pictures of our completed Nomad’s for the very first time :hearts: :heart: :hearts:

I’ve watched with interest the debate about the sleeve on FC. I too was disappointed when Dan first made his announcement about the Nomad II. With the benefit of hindsight, this was not so much due to the change in design but because of the sudden and startling realisation that the Nomad I had been contemplating, deliberating and excitedly looking forward to for so many months was now no longer going to come into existence. It was a fork in the road, the end of a dream… and I was in mourning :cry:

I’m delighted to say that for me, that’s not where the story ends. I’m not usually lucky but every dog has his day and I was fortunate beyond belief to be given a late opportunity to join Batch 4 and commission the very last Nomad I, which I am now eagerly awaiting.

It is possible to appreciate the Nomad on so many levels (functional design, beautiful aesthetic, craftmanship, options for personalisation, longevity, ease of maintenance, serviceability, uniqueness, rarity etc) but what may not be so apparent is the journey you get to go on when YOUR Nomad is in production. Dan’s bi-weekly updates go far and beyond what anyone might reasonably expect from an artisan manufacturer but they are an absolute joy to behold. The beautiful photography and in depth explanations of what has been happening in his workshop over the last two weeks make the process so involving that you almost don’t want the journey to end. I for one know that I will greatly miss Dan’s email dropping into my inbox every Sunday but I comfort myself by knowing that very soon, I will have MY Nomad (#132), which I can cherish and enjoy until the day that I shuffle off this mortal coil.

As journeys end draws near, I feel absolutely thrilled and extremely privileged to have been a part of it and am already looking forward to re-entering the departure lounge when I get the order call for my Nomad II.

Thank you so very much Dan Morrison, I salute you :100:
  • Cl4ud3
    Nice and very lucky to get in on that last batch. I had a very nice Nomad session at the start of the week just tasting the bud with the low power heater.
  • Kinick23
    @Cl4ud3 how do you find the vape experience of the Nomad vs Milaana? I assume they’d be pretty similar.

@Terpenetime congrats bro. I’m #85 in batch 3 but still patiently waiting for my sleeve to get done. Seeing your post prompted me to email Dan to check in as last time we spoke was beginning of November.
  • Cl4ud3

The Nomad is a slower session with a slow inhale, for me at least, and my Nomad with both heater modules is like that. Very light vapour on the low but thicker on the high module.
    The Milaana seems to have a quicker heat time and hit but that could be because both my Milaanas are tuned hot.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet