• michael-lm
    Just received a new unit and it’s not working properly: doesn’t produce almost any vapor, constantly overheated (red light) even on lower temperature, glass tube scratches when moved up/down, there is silicon taste (getting less over time).

I watched all videos and was following usage instructions, have updated firmware, tried different grinds, more or less dry herb, tried to reset mv 1 as well - still no results.

Anything else I can do?
  • VapeCritic

Hey man if you're sure you've tried everything would you mind if I personally took a look at it? I'll send you a prepaid shipping label to send it to me, and if it's broken I have a couple of sealed new ones still, I can replace it for you. If I don't find anything wrong with it I can send it back to you with personal instructions or we can figure something else out. My full buy-back program is phased out now but I'll still be able to do something for you. If anything at all is wrong with the vape I will absolutely make it a priority to get it corrected for you. I'm very sorry for the troubles!
  • michael-lm
    Sounds great - thanks for quick response. How I should send you my address?
  • michael-lm
    Shouldn’t I get response from "ghost-ops" "ghostvapesofficial"? I think i forgot to include them
  • VapeCritic

Awesome please send me a private message with your name, address and email and I'll send you the label. I'd like to take care of this one personally so I un-tagged @ghost-ops just to avoid confusion. I'll let both you and Ghost know if I find anything at all wrong with your unit!
  • michael-lm
    Thanks - I will PM you
  • ghost-ops
    @VapeCritic appreciate you taking care of this and even untagging me but I still got the original email so I was going to wander by this thread at some point!

Likewise appreciate your readiness to send a return label but my immediate impression from @michael-lm's reports would be that there's a heatsink issue and we could have a fully checked one with the customer (assuming it's a US address) by Tuesday next week to rule this out - if you want Ghost to get involved of course. Happy to play it by your rules and hope I've caused no confusion by posting :up:

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • michael-lm
    Probably worth trying to see if a different heatsink makes it work. If I run MV decomposed , I see that a heater gets hot and red but seems that heat not transferred to crucible properly since herb stays almost unchanged.
  • michael-lm
    @vaporcritic I really appreciate your involvement. What do you recommend?
    @ghost-ops
  • Russ

Hang in there. The MV1 is a great unit and it hits like a truck. Bummer that you got a bad unit but Ghost will take care of you.

I had some issues with mine and they worked with me at no additional charge. You really cant ask for better support.
  • michael-lm
    thanks man - I am not giving up :smile: totally understand that a just released device can have issues at the beginning.
  • Cmatz
    Huge Crafty fan, but needed more juice, so I bought my Ghost. I had similar issues. Ghost replaced my unit and now its my first choice vape. After seeing a new unit I noticed something was wrong with the path to the chamber on the old unit, I assume that was the malfunction.

Possibly we had the same issue. I'm sure they'll take care of you as they've done for myself and others.
  • michael-lm
    @Cmatz thanks for sharing your experience.
    How do you draw? Strong direct to lungs? I think my issue that it’s not designed for slow mouth-to-lung draws which seems is a reason for bad vapor and overheating. For me only a mouth-to-lung approach feels nice and enjoyable.
  • Cmatz
    A few things that made all the difference in the world.

1. BONE DRY BUD. I leave all my flowers uncapped, preferably ground up, laid out in white printing paper for a day.

2. Slower draws increase heat. Faster draws decrease heat. I draw slow till I feel vapor than I slowly increase the draw rate. I usually wait 1-2 seconds after it vibrates before I start my draw.

3. Adjust temperature. I usually use 3 yellow when full battery, 1 red when it gets to 50%. Occasionally 2 red when the battery is almost dead.

While the Ghost is a bit finicky, its worth the patience of trying to dial it in. Both my wife and I love the Ghost and prefer it over any other method of ingesting.

Hope that helps!!
  • Yamahooski
    Hey guys im pretty sure my ghost is the same. Iv fallen out with ghost customer service over a customs duty charge that I had to pay on top of the price of the unit. No matter what I do my ghost acts exactly as described by the guy who posted this. Where do I stand with this? Got my vape Dec 2017

mod added @VapeCritic @ghost-ops
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @Yamahooski
    Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with Ghost and/or the MV1 - on two fronts. I'm afraid I can't tell you much on the basis of your post - I can't look up previous correspondence or even see if there is any. Where you stand is that we will do everything we can to get a customer fully satisfied with their MV1 because we know that when working (and used) correctly it's a fantastic device.

Drop me your order number by PM, or the email address you've used to contact our CS department, and we will check back at what's gone before and do whatever we can to get you up and running - I'm confident we can do so very quickly as our CS team know where the likely causes lie and can help you find and fix them.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • Yamahooski
    Order number is 2000001993 @ghost-ops

Mode Edit: fixed tag for @ghost-ops
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url