• VapeCritic
    Sup guys, hope you're having a delightful day.

I need your help coming up with a new logo, some kind of symbol I can print on apparel and other items.

I've learned that very few people are actually willing to wear a shirt in public that has the word vape on it, I even hesitate myself sometimes. So there won't be any more apparel with vapecritic or vapelife printed on it.

I know what you're thinkin, STAY UP!

Unfortunately some dude owns the trademark for the phrase STAY UP on apparel of all things, and I reached out to him but he's not willing to sell the brand to me.

So that leaves me with nothing to print on my merch! :lol: lol

I'm not a designer so I can't really come up with a logo design from scratch, does anybody have these skills or is friends with somebody who does?

If not, if you've seen other logos that you really like please post a link so I can get some ideas.

Thanx!
  • FlameBeats
    Check out @logosociety on instagram done a lot of work for me and my clients. Tell them @FlameOnTheBeat sent you!
  • Futurevapors
    Do you have any ideas of what you would like it to look like? maybe a just a sign, or a circle with cannabis leaf. have you seen any logo's you like?

I'm not a designer But like when i see a good logo.
  • grizzlybear
    I can do computer arts, we can have a chat if you like and see if we can't think up something noble together. Hit me up if ya like.
  • PAM
    Hey Bud , plugged Vapelife on FC the other day but I tagged the wrong mate instead of you , haha, seen later your avatar is same on both.. d'oH!

LOGO - what about the head shape of the Free Pick Tool you send ? That would look neat if not taken or possible to use .
  • Lucic and Chong
    As for a logo, I'd think some kind of artsy VC would do nice, we know what it stands for. I'm not artsy enough to design one though.

If "stay up" is taken, maybe a clever misspelling - "stA up", or "st-eh up" (for Canadians)
  • WarCow
    I was actually gonna recommend the logo for this exact reason. If you to spend a bit of money, check out fiverr.com -- you can pay like $5-$100 for people to make you logos, signatures, etc.
  • Futurevapors
    t8hou3s74rq4pf5w.jpg

I think this imagine but a bit more Black and white so you can only see the outlines? and within a circle logo.
  • VapeCritic
    what about the head shape of the Free Pick Tool you send ?PAM

I like this idea! Need to investigate other similar marks...
  • VapeCritic

:rofl: :rofl: love it
  • VapeCritic
    Check out logosociety on instagram done a lot of work for me and my clientsFlameBeats

thanx for the reco!
  • shaolinmilk
    I have a buddy who is amazing at this. Let me know what kind of design you want and we can work something out :D
  • Gonzo
    How about using your profile pic and turning it into something like this (without the beard)?
    1w8mwn5xnkr7p1xo.jpg
  • Baron23
    I like a geometric design. Here are a couple from some local dispensaries who understand that many people will most likely not wear apparel with any clear MJ message.

d1dk51v8nq4erls8.jpg

original-1522343040.JPG?auto=format&fm=jpg&q=60&dpr=1&w=274&h=274
  • Ieyatsu
    qz545chw5ciscptw.jpg
    3y537jx93akkdmcj.jpg
    What kind of logo you prefer, something simple like this? Or something more elaborate? Those made in 1 min with paint LOL . I just finish to build a new pc, so I don't have my design tools installed yet (I'm not a designer but I like doing some stuff form time to time). Next week I should have everything set up, If you want me to try to do something tell me, no problem.
  • VapePartsMart
    Do you have a budget for this? I've got a graphic designer who does this for a living and quite frankly I'm extremely lucky to have found him. He's a pros pro. He knows the industry well and if you've got a budget he'll build you a logo that I can nearly guarantee you'll love and use for the rest of your time in business. I PM'd you a link to some of the things he's done for me and friends of mine.
  • Chaotix
    whats wrong with your logo???

ok now I saw what you wrote about the word vape.

I wasn't aware of that... in that case will a modification of your "logo" do?
  • Chaotix
    Looks fine to me :D

ll418s2xn0rjpkm4.png
  • Rockytdogg

And you can't trademark "The Vape Critic"
  • Chaotix
    are you sure? Vape as an expression can’t be but vape critic beeing the product itself and the callsign should work out as a trademark. Youtube makes it a business and there are even competitors. I thought that would be enough to get the tm.
  • Futurevapors
    Logo these days doesn't need any words included. Just a stamp that can't be read or taken the wrong way would be enough and alike everyone else.

Might sound Silly but some sort for Vapour on glass would look cool.

60zdpsv0jcm9x3kx.jpg
    Something like this but as if someone got their finger and outlined a Cannabis leaf or a vape pen in the middle
  • VapeCritic
    Thanks for your help guys!!
  • VapeCritic
    I like a geometric designBaron23

I think I'm leaning towards this direction also!
  • VapeCritic

I checked out the link you sent and replied, thanks!
  • VapeCritic
    whats wrong with your logo???Chaotix

Nobody wants to wear stuff with the word vape on it! :lol:
  • VapeCritic
    And you can't trademark "The Vape Critic"Rockytdogg

yea i talked about this briefly in the last stream, I talked to a lawyer once about trademarking Vape Critic but he told me it wasn't worth pursuing because it wouldn't get approved (too generic). I didn't believe him at first but ultimately I think he's right.

and then "stay up" is already trademarked :roll:
  • Chaotix
    I would ask another lawyer just to be sure.

The name on youtube is yours so one major media outlet is secured with or without trademark. I think it’s not even necessary as it’s unlikely someone will copy what you are doing and then make a profit from that.

When you do have your logo, you can definitely trademark that as it will be unique.

Have a logo contest!!

I bet many capable people are surely reading this and I also bet the winner would LOVE a nice MV-1

;-)
  • BestBuds
    I'll play around with some ideas. I haven't designed in a few years but I owned my own graphic design studio for 13 years so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment