• Mtbowls
    Green and black version is most potent symbol. V Looks like a nugget with some frosty kief on it and has your catch phrase Stay Up encompassed in the visual. Mabry curve up the V to look more like a leaf.
  • Magicman
    Told you tapout logo almost identical
  • VapeCritic

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm well that sucks
  • Gonzo
    Very awesome. When do the shirts and hats go on sale?
  • Mtbowls
    I understand not wanting to make it overtly herb specific, but subtle tip of the hat to the sweet plant should not be overly avoided. The genesis of your endeavors rooted in the love of the flower. And the coolest logos have a slight puzzle to figure out but once you see it you always see it. Don't deny the weed three times before the cock crows.
  • VapeCritic
    Colors aren't final btw forgot to add that
  • VapeCritic

lol as soon as I make sure i wont get sued :rofl:
  • VapeCritic

so here's my reasoning...

most people, myself included, still aren't comfortable advertising to the public that they vape or partake.

i don't even feel comfortable wearing my own shirts out right now :roll:

also i can count the # of people who bought my vapecritic shirts on one hand :grimace:

it's very apparent to me that the symbol I want needs to be totally innocuous, and that's what i told the guy.

i wanted something symmetrical or geometric, with the letter V and an up arrow, and not much else if anything.

i couldn't print stayup anywhere in it because someone has the TM on that, and i also don't want to print words on any products i make.
  • Mtbowls
    I understand, I was giving input while getting high. Its fun to fiddle around with logos, it l'sike a ranch brand. It important. That's why I like the black with the green V and the white arrow , a non herb lover would never put two and two together on that one. I guess it would come down to the subtly of the curve, maybe ever so slightly. It's your horse, you hold the reigns, drive her where you want to go.
  • Mtbowls
    "Yooodle le hee yooodle ley high," sings the vaping cowboy as goes bye. In sure you come up with something good. It's a fun process. happy vape trails.
  • VapeCritic
    totally cool! :100:

everybody has different tastes & ideas so it's difficult to come to a consensus on design things :eyes:
  • MothChewMoth
    @VapeCritic love the work he did for you and agree you picked the best one. Hopefully it's distinct enough from the tapout logo for you to use. I think you're ok, since their logo is supposed to be a T inside an "octagon". Theirs instead only has six sides so UFC didn't sue em.
  • Ooziah
    Shouldn't the symbology revolve around the Vape Critic ie, 'VC'? More in some way....seems to me. I guess you could argue the V in the bottom is also a C when you look up! :)
  • BestBuds
    I personally like the triangle inside a triangle one. I don't like the colors but the design is solid. I can just see it now on the side of a vape. Little LEDs lighting up each section in a whirl. I can see that logo on a hat, a vape, glass, or even on a lab coat!

I immediately thought of tap out when I looked at the other logo.
  • PAM
    I don't know if the triangle inside a triangle is a good idea @BestBuds, it resembles another vape brand logo , Bud might get a cease or desist letter if going that route :rofl:
  • JonnyFrontrow
    everybody has different tastes & ideas so it's difficult to come to a consensus on design thingsVapeCritic

Exactly - you need to pick what works best for you. I'm NOT a designer, but have done much work with designers (including having them on staff), and if you're the slightest bit worried re it looking like the TapOut logo (and why is the bottom 7-sided instead of 8-sided to represent the octagon ... duh???) I'd go back to your designer and just ask for a minor tweak to the logo you selected.

Making the bottom a little closer to a more standard V (and less like the TO bottom) could eliminate the similarity but keep your vision for what it is you want. Let it be a challenge to the designer/artist to meet and get right for you. And he/she should do it for free (or very little) since it's close to another logo.
  • VapeCritic
    Yea the triangle one is just like RBT so I wouldn't use that one, I didn't tell the guy anybody else's names so he def didn't copy it on purpose.

The V shield logo I picked was also not copied from the Tapout logo, but I agree that they're too similar as-is.

I'm having him make some tweaks to it to see if I can differentiate it a little more, and if I can't I'll have him make something new.
  • Mysterio
    Ah yes, I'm a Designer gone Programmer and this is the exact reason I switched. I'm not a bad Designer but art is (and always has been) extremly subjective which makes the job kind of stressful.

If I program something and it works bug-free, my customer is happy :D.
  • Spammedham
    I'm feeling it Bud. Especially that blue smoke pic. Glad you didn't go with the Zelda replica.

Nothing is wrong with simple.
  • BestBuds
    :rofl: that's exactly why my subconscious like it! Hahahaha
  • VapeCritic
    OK i had him make me a new symbol and I approved it without checking with you guys first :grimace: lol

It's extremely simple, modeled after the pick tool, and i think i like it better than the first one, hopefully you do too :pray:

I'll post it up as soon as I get the final files :100:
  • PAM
    About time you listen to PAM lol :strong:
  • PuffItUp
    @vapeCritic My 2 cents, I prefer the green and blue logos you showed off > red
  • Baron23
    I approved it without checking with you guys first :grimace:VapeCritic

Getting a bit bold there in your old age, ain't cha'? LOL
  • VapeCritic
    Who did I copy this time?
  • Baron23
    I like it. Just put the logo on t's and caps.

Also, I do like the Vapelife but not the change from bold to non-bold at the letter L. I think lose the bold on VAPE.

Very cool. If I could get apparel with just the logo symbol on it, I would buy and wear it most certainly. I just can't wear MJ or vape stuff around.
  • PuffItUp
    That's a super clean logo. Love it
  • PAM
    :up: yup , that does look clean and pro, and definitely will look good and stealthy on a hats and t'.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment