• justjustin
    Anyone been watching the Gofire? Looks interesting....I've been watching it for a long time, waiting for some new information and I just received an email from them that pre-orders are open and they also updated their site with a lot of new information. Still hard to tell how the device works, at least with dry herbs but they will eventually be selling pre-loaded cartridges with concentrates I believe in Colorado first, where they are based and I don't know how I feel about that but you can still load the device yourself.

This device promises dose control and you can set the vape in 2.5 mg increments but I'm assuming that's just for extracts and I don't know if it is accurate when you load your own. I don't see how the dose increment system would work with dry herbs and its a hard vape to figure out by looking at. A lot of cool features but also some not so cool features like built in battery I believe and only 3 presets on the device but it can be customized via the App. It claims full convection, long battery life, medical grade, magnesium body!, glass air path, dose control, full temp, App, dual use, vapor sensing technology, etc. it's expensive $500 but I think you can get $150-$200 off for pre-ordering. I am still deciding and trying to find out when they plan to release the first batch. IS anyone else pre-ordering or does anyone have any more information they can provide? Any Beta Testers out there? Link Below

GoFire Vaporizer
  • Jerms
    Can’t say for sure based on the website info, but it looks like this thing does cartridges only. I’m guessing these are proprietary, and I didn’t see any info on carts on ther website after a quick glance. If you have to buy their carts for their $500 device, I’m guessing that’s going to get really spendy, really fast. I definitely like the idea and all the features, but the sticker shock has me reaching for my Solo.
  • justjustin
    yeah, I'm pretty sure you can load your own carts but they want you to use theirs because they will have the specs on them and can provide accurate dosing then since they loaded them. I think it's really designed for extracts because that's much easier to dose than dry herb. I still want to know how the dry material works with the vape And you may not use a cart at all. The extract carts basically squeeze out a drop (2.5,mg) a dose, every click you make on the device and it drops into the heating area, which sounds like a porous pad. The dry herb uses a different chamber? and you may just load that directly because I don't know how that can be loaded the same as extracts. I pre ordered but I'm still skeptical and they need more info and I'm trying to find out more, like when it might be ready for instance....If they plan to sell carts in MI, which I doubt for legal reasons but they may, it will be a while for those of they do and I'll check them out but I have a feeling they won't be cheap and who knows who or how they plan to fill them.
  • Wesdon

Hey Justin,

My name is Wes, I work with GoFire. First I'd like to thank you for your long-standing support. We share your excitement in getting a device into your hands!

We appreciate the thoughts you've shared about GoFire and I'd like to address some of your questions:

GoFire's material versatility enables the use of both loose-leaf and extracts. You may load any type of extract directly into the oven. In addition, loose-leaf can be vaporized by loading it into the same oven, using the included multi-use basket. Therefore, using a pre-filled GoFire SMART Cartridge is not necessary to operate a GoFire device, however, purchasing an authorized SMART Cartridge from a Certified Retailer will provide the most accurate form of dose control, and thus, is recommended. Cartridges are not refillable to protect patients from product inconsistencies that affect a patient's experience. To understand why we recommend using GoFire Certified SMART Cartridges, I'll give you a run down on the benefits.

GoFire SMART Cartridges work in conjunction with our vaporizer to enable incremental dose control. Each 'click' of the dose dial extrudes 2.5mg of oil onto the porous pad, inside the oven (just as you said)! The SMART Cartridge connects with your personal GoFire dosing app, so you can see the full chemical profile of the concentrate you are vaporizing. From there, you can track each dose to understand how different chemical formulas of extracts are affecting your health.

Micro-dosing technology enables you to discover your dose and take only what you need which will help you stretch the life of your oil further than you ever thought possible. In addition, GoFire Certified Retailers will provide SMART Cartridges at competitive prices, in-line with what you're used to paying.

GoFire also offers precise temperature control. You can create three different pre-set vaporization temperatures within the GoFire App, to allow for quick switches between your favorite low, medium, and high temperature settings (directly from the device). Your three pre-set temperatures can be adjusted from the app at any time.

With respect to the battery, GoFire's power management system is state-of-the-art. It uses only the energy that it needs and nothing more, ensuring longevity and consistency in use. Built-in batteries enhance patient safety and allow you to have the most powerful portable vaporizer by enabling 4 days of use without a single charge.

You are correct in stating that we are currently offering a substantial pre-order discount. By heading to www.gofire.co/ anyone can receive their device for $150 off the MSRP of $499, while supplies last.

Thank you again for showing your support by securing your pre-order. Our first batch is selling out quick, and I'm happy to say that you will be one of the very first to receive your device! Our initial batch of devices will ship this summer, so be on the lookout for more information coming to you via email.

As far as cartridge availability goes, GoFire SMART Cartridges will be available for purchase from Certified Retailers in Colorado as soon as we launch, and a list of source partners will be announced later this summer. With that said, our goal is to get cartridges to Michigan as soon as possible.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions of need further clarification.

In health,

Wes
  • Rockytdogg

Hi Wes, thanks for coming by... yes, I’d like to know a lot more about how this device is used for vaping flower... like every single bit of highly detailed info and with videos too if possible... is this stuff available anywhere? I looked on your site and couldn’t find too much...
  • Wesdon

Rocky,

We appreciate your interest in our device and hope to keep you as well informed as possible!

Loose-leaf can be vaporized with GoFire by packing the material into the multi-use basket. This requires the removal of the porous pad used for extract vaporization, which is then replaced with the multi-use basket, used for loose-leaf vaporization. Please visit the "What's Included?" section of our products page at gofire.co/products/ to get an idea of what this looks like.

Although there is not a video out yet showing what this process looks like, we will keep you privy to all the latest updates as they develop! We will make sure to

In health,
    Wes
  • justjustin
    Even though dose control is only available with their pre-loaded extract carts, I am still really excited for this device because it appears to be very high quality and made more for medical use. I believe it will have a magnesium body, which is also the material used in end camera bodies for its strength and weight, so this is a serious vape. It's a bit larger, same weight as The MV1 (312 grams-ish) I believe but it's flat, so it will still be portable.

The specs sound really good but I wish the battery was removable and we know there are drawbacks to having removable batteries, so I get it And I hope they offer a replacement programs but we're quite a ways from that... It's full convection and I believe it has a draw sense, so you just draw and it heats automactucally? No button to hold? Like the Firewood 4 and Elevape SV.

There is also a LED that illuminates the vapor, so you can make sure your dose is finished. I'm wondering if this vapor light is something the user watches and determines for themself or is it controlled by the App and that tells you when the dose is done? Will this LED also work with dry materials?

I really hope they release empty cartridges for people who want to load their own! I know they opted out for this because their dose wouldn't be as accurate but most extracts come labeled with a full break down, so it wouldnt be hard to input information yourself into the App. THen you could still get some good estimate of the dose your getting and desiring, it would still extruded 2.5 mgs at a time, so that remains the same. This would also allow the Gofire to reach more people because it's going to be awhile if these carts come to Michigan, if at all, with how the laws to from state to state work but we shall see....

Looks like their pre-order savings for $150 off is only available for 10 days....
  • GhostMV1User
    @Wesdon
    FYI
    I for one would like to see some videos of the unit using dry herb. I don't think I would want to purchase one without seeing the unit work with dry material.
  • justjustin
    finally found a photo of an actual GoFire, part of one anyways...Pretty interesting. I really like the design and the pop out chamber.

GoFire-1.jpg
    Mod Note: edited to show your picture embedded.
    Attachment
    GoFire-1 (49K)
  • Wesdon

Hey Justin,

To shed light on your concern about the batteries, GoFire has built in batteries to increase product safety and improve power management. Your purchase comes with a limited lifetime warranty, which includes 90 day coverage on battery defects and workmanship errors related to the battery.

In terms of the heating process, you are correct in stating that GoFire offers full convection vaping. The “draw sense” you speak of is not related to the way the device heats, rather it is a key feature that enables dose control; we call it vapor detection. This means the device knows when you are inhaling and can tell whether or not vapor is passing through the airpath. When there is no longer vapor passing through the airpath, GoFire will notify you that your dose is complete by displaying a message in the app and communicating through the LEDs. Whether you are vaporizing loose-leaf or extract, vapor indication will notify you when all of your material is vaporized.

To heat the device, simply press and hold on the top button for 2-3 seconds until the LEDs illuminate blue, purple, or green, indicating that your device has reached your selected temperature setting. At that point, you can inhale and release the button; the device will stay at temp until you stop inhaling.

Now, let me explain why we do not allow users to refill cartridges. In order to fully utilize the GoFire system and take advantage of community science, the data that GoFire provides must be as accurate as possible. GoFire’s peer-reviewed cartridge-rating ecosystem allows you to anonymously track and discover what’s working for others in search of a similar type of relief. This enables you to discover SMART Cartridges near you, with specific chemical formulas, so you can find relief for your ailment; whether that be pain, nausea, insomnia, etc. GoFire SMART Cartridges are not refillable so we can protect patients from product inconsistencies, help eliminate human error, and provide you with the most accurate data possible.

I hear your concern about our limited reach with SMART Cartridges as we enter the market. With that said, I can promise you that we will launch SMART Cartridges in Michigan, and all other permitting states, as soon as possible. We align with the correct representatives from each state, to ensure that GoFire falls within regulation so that no one is excluded from receiving the benefits of our system, just because they live in a certain area. In fact, we hope that GoFire will influence future regulations as the standard for proper dose administration of plant-based medicine; by creating a predictable and consistent result for the patient.

I completely understand your desire to fill your own cartridges, but I hope you can see the benefits of allowing our partners to take care of this. We want you to have the most controlled, personalized, and effective experience possible! :)

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

In health,
    Wes

P.S. I will be dropping a little GoFire sneak peak in this thread, later today. Stay tuned!
  • Wesdon

We hear you loud and clear! A video demonstrating this process will be released in the near future. I will be sure to drop the link in this forum when that happens.

Best,
    Wes
  • GhostMV1User
    @Wesdon

How does the app and device track use with dry herbs?
  • Rockytdogg
    I just think it’s kinda odd asking for $350 (for a $500 list price device) without even one single video out there of one being used....

And the warranty only covers the non-user replaceable batteries for 90 days...? Um... really? $500?? A $500 pen battery that has you hooked into a networked proprietary system? Honestly, it sounds just dreadful...
  • Wesdon

The GoFire does not track dose in flower. Our SMART Cartridges (which work with oil) enable the dosing feature. That being said, ½ gram of flower can be manually loaded into the oven. These sessions can be journaled but have no dose associated.
  • Wesdon

The batteries are rated for up to 1,200 charges before seeing decline in battery life. A heavy user will be able to go about 4 days without charging their GoFire. At the end of the day, our limited lifetime warranty was put in place so we can take care of our customers. If you are having a problem, we want to provide a solution and we will stand by that.
  • GhostMV1User
    @Rockytdogg I agree.

Asking that much for 'no videos' of one being used, based on a very proprietary cartridge system is asking a lot...
  • justjustin
    Thanks for the info Wes! I really like the sounds of the Gofire, more and more. Can't wait to see the Sneak Peak...

The vapor detection sounds really interesting and I like how the device operates. The heat up sounds incredibly fast and I'm excited to have a full convection vape that does extracts and herb. I have never had good luck vaping extracts in my dry herb vapes, especially my convection vapes and often times the vapor is weak and creates a mess. I'm hoping that the Gofire truly vapes both equally as well.

The SMART Cartridge is something I've been hoping for or at least a vape that has some sort of control because its a guessing game most of the time and I often over due it with the extracts and dry herb isn't always enough, so to have a vape that can do both and provide some control, will really be helpful to me and will allow me to conserve my material(s) even more. This device will hopefully allow me to take this plant to its fullest potential and I hope I can start to learn about what works for me and what doesn't. I think this is a device a lot of users are looking for and I think we've only scratched the surface of what this plant can provide in terms of relief and medicine. I think there needs to be more devices like the Gofire, vaporizers with medical use in mind, so more people will start to take this plant seriously and realize that it provides real relief and isn't just for recreation.

Can you have a SMART Cartridge in the Gofire at the same time you are vaping dry herb? If so, can you add a drop to your herb and continue to vape?
  • Kalesauce
    question for ya on your vape since it seems pretty clear you regularly rock the ghostMV1 haha I just started vaping and found the GoFire and am actually pretty stoked on actually seeing how much concentrate I'm taking in to feel how I'm looking to feel. I saw you the Ghost has an app as well but what's the purpose of the app? Just temperature control?
  • Baron23
    Please see this link for About the App from Ghost.

Hopefully this will be helpful to you.

ghostvapes.com/app/
  • Kalesauce
    So it is just temp control... pretty much...? Kinda like the pax era app..?
  • Baron23
    We are hijacking this thread but yeah, set temp of the three user adjustable pre-sets, lock the vape, firmware updates, and I believe that may be it...perhaps warranty registration but not sure.

I have the app on my phone....set the temps once and never used it again.

If you have more questions on the app, please take it to an MV-1 thread....we have a 1,000 of them! haha
  • Kalesauce
    Thanks! Feel like that'd be how I'd end up using its the app as well haha. Headin over there now thanks for the info!
  • Wesdon
    It sounds like a video is in high demand. I'll just leave this here.... Another day in the GoFire office.

More to come soon... thanks all!

Mode note: edited to embed videa
    Attachment
    IMG_4635 - converted with Clipchamp (19M)
  • justjustin
    Nice, i like it a lot! fast heat, good clouds. I really want to see some details! Chamber, vapor path, cartridge, mouthpiece etc....I'd love to see the next vid with some dry herb!?

I like the overall design. It's a bit larger but it's thin, so it's definitely portable. I'm glad it has a metal body and the color is nice. This is a very different vape, unlike anything I've seen and I hope it's as good as it's looking

Can you give us an estimate on the number of draws it takes to finish a dose (2.5mg right?)? I know there are variables, type of concentrate, temp, draw speed/duration etc. I'm just curious
  • Wesdon
    Thanks for the feedback! Details coming soon....

As you can see in the video, I dosed out 2 'clicks' (5.0mg). That is definitely doable in one inhale, but I like low temps!
  • G-love
    Hi @Wesdon will the cartridges be available in California? If so, when? I am hoping the carts will be 100% cannabis oil and not cut at all. I also hope the terps are cannabis derived and not artificial in any way. Do you feel your product has the potential to be the best available and will outperform all the current vapes on the market? Thank you for all the information!
  • justjustin
    oh wow, that's nice. I was expecting more draws but I'm glad it's fewer, seems quite efficient.

Can you vape dry material and have the smart cartridge in the device at the same time? You could then add a dose to your dry material for an extra boost or mix extracts/diff. herb for a broader range of beneficial ingredients and affects. The vapor path must pass behind the cartridge, so it seems like you could vape herb with it in place? I'd just like to have both materials at my finger tips, on the same device and youd always have something to vape. If you got too medicated on flower, you could vape some CBD in the smart cartridge to counteract the flower, not to mention many other different possibilities and combinations
  • Wesdon
    We already have partners lined up in California so expect to see GoFire SMART Cartridges later this year. We only partner with safe and reliable oil manufacturers that don't cut and won't add artificial terps. With that said, who are your favorite producers out in Cali?

We truly believe that our vaporizer will be the best on the market, but we will leave the ultimate test up to you!

Pre-order here and let us know!
  • Wesdon
    The efficiency is one of my favorite features of this device, your oil will last forever!

It is not recommended to use GoFire with both loose-leaf and extract at the same time. What you do on your own time is up to you though, so I'll just warn you that it could get sticky and messy when you combine the two.
  • MAbud

Hopefully that sharing of data is not mandatory. From a Regualtory perspective that seems like a nightmare. And I certainly don’t want to be publishing any of my own usage details to your community.
  • Wesdon

No need to worry, your name is in no way tied to the information you share with the community. GoFire servers are HIPAA compliant, so your data is safe!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment