• Microvaper
    Bought my first battery powered vape this week after huge amounts of research I finally opted for the xvape fog and have been impressed with its function and flavour! Its the first battery powered unit I've owned. Have previously just had a vapcap M and honey bubbler. The fog is great but I find that a crazy amount of herb gets plastered onto the screen under the mouthpiece when in use and even with a much slower softer drawspeed, it is still an issue. I have been using half loads with the concentrate pad on top which is great as I like using less material per session and it also results in a completely clean screen as the herb is hidden under the concentrate pad. It obviously shifts the ratio of convection/conduction way more towards conduction but still produces decent clouds and tastes great! It got me thinking though how cool it would be to use dosing pods like with the crafty and mighty. There doesn't appear to be any official ones online anywhere. Does anyone have any idea if there would be any available that would work in the fog. The chamber is a different size to the crafty so those wouldn't work. Also, is there something I'm doing wrong to be getting so much herb sucked up on the screen? Maybe need a more coarse grind? I've been using a medium grind so far. Any ideas would be great. Cheers!
  • Keystonekicks215
    I am also interested in dosing capsules or even presses that would make cakes for it like they do for the pax and davinci. Not just the fog but for other (not as popular) vapes as well.
  • ChlorophyllMan
    @Microvaper hey man, could you give us a shout when you've had a few goes with the Fury 2 dosing capsules please? Just whether you've found them to be something you'll continue to use, or whether they'll go to the back of the drawer! Thanks
  • Microvaper
    Yeah of course! No problem! I'm looking forward to trying them. The screen blockage was my biggest complaint from the get go with the fog. These pods should eliminate that problem! I just hope they fit as a couple of other have confirmed online but it's always a bit of a gamble! :grimace:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    yeah I was just looking at them on Vaposhop, they must be tiny!
  • Microvaper
    Yeah that's where I ordered mine from. It says they are 11mm tall and 10mm in width. Someone online says that they definitely fit and there was someone else that said they measured the dimensions of the oven and can confirm they will fit in the fog. The problem is with lesser known vapes like the fog is that information is sparse as less people have it. The guy that says he uses them in his fog reckons he gets .15 maximum per pod, which for me is a bonus as I have a lower tolerance level and .15 is ideal for a session for me. You get 5 pods and they come in a pop tube for carrying. Will be very convenient for reloading on the go! I'll keep you posted dude. :smile:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    well if they are suitable .15 is great. That would be 2 maybe 3 cycles/sessions still for me from each capsule for lighter microstyle hits.
    And yeah it would mean no anxious messy refilling in public too which really works for me :cool:
  • Microvaper
    I have had quite a few sessions now with the fury pods. They are SO small. Way smaller than I was anticipating! I have been really pleased with them and glad that I bought them. I thought I'd give you a quick rundown on how they are...

kaen6o0tw1znvsv3.jpg

As you can see, they are very small. I was actually worried that they would be too large to fit in. The online pictures are very deceptive! One thing that I have noticed is that when using the pods, there is definitely a little less vapour than you would expect at any given temperature. I have found myself using one temperature increment higher with the pods than I would using the oven as usual which boosts the vapour production up to normal. The taste is awesome though and rather than using temps 2 for the first session and 4 for the 2nd I start on 3 and finish on 5. Perfectly even extraction without stirring because the load is so small it is not necessary to stir.

x28f3dax5xbdls84.jpg
    546lzgjpdoi09ecz.jpg

You will see in the photos that the pod is loose inside the chamber so you do get a bit of a rattle. Given that the pods aren't made for this vape, a not so perfect fit is to be expected and wouldn't have much impact on the functionality I'd imagine. Just depends if a rattling vape would be an annoyance to you.

kfcdlso6prvbhe5u.jpg

Overall I would definitely recommend these if you are looking for an easy way to reload when you're out and about (or at home) they will definitely reduce the need for such frequent cleaning and are super convenient!

And they also come with a cool little pop top storage tube for carrying your loaded pods around.

2tyeiqa075yhuhii.jpg

Cheers. :smile:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Ah that's great man, thanks for remembering and taking the time to post such detailed feedback and tips. I think I'll get some :up:
  • Microvaper
    No probs dude. :smile: :up:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Hey man, so I saw somewhere you were probably retiring your Fog due to quality/health concerns? Do you think the capsules caused the paint to scratch off? I won't bother with them if that's the case. :chin:
  • Microvaper
    yeah I am going to upgrade to an arizer air 2 in the sale in a couple weeks. After the last clean down I noticed some more of the black paint had come off and it worries me a bit about using it to be honest. I don't know wether it would be a health hazard but you just can't be too safe with these things right? The capsules fit in the chamber with plenty of room so I'm sure they wouldn't be a problem. My fog is quite old now and is probably an early iteration so maybe they have improved the build quality since. I had an email from everyonedoesit.co.uk today notifying me that they have the pods in stock if you're still interested. I am keen for the Air 2 as it's definitely a pure vapour path and very easy maintenance so I'm going to give it a try. The main issue I have with the fog is the clunky mechanism that removes the mouthpiece. It's so awkward to remove and the battery life is pretty poor. Another reason the air is appealing to me! Cheers :up:
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Once again thanks for the quick reply bro!
    Yeah I also got the email from Namaste indicating the capsules were back in stock. I'm tentative to invest any more in this vape but if I can add them to a future order to get free delivery then I will do. Good luck with the Air 2 man, looks like a good one for the home.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment