• Dave63
    Ok, I finally got a suitable shop press to make some rosin. So, just a post to let you all know how it went. The entire setup cost less than $800 and seems to have good results but I have to get better at collecting the Rosin. I sure made a mess and sticky stuff was all over the pace, including the fridge handle. Anyway, here is what I got:

DabPress, Amazon -$360 (with the 10% off)
    12 Ton Press OEM Tools - $350 (first pump didn't work well had to contact them for another. I have seen better ones around.
    Prepress mold, Amazon $75

Photos attached

5mx77z8c7t93r74g.jpg
    yp5ufhpolgsrl6e6.jpg
    2b033v6ok4v3eka1.jpg
    dshjloe8xkh9hj7d.jpg
    ronm0rnw8v8mnqem.jpg
    w11csc43i2pg90hr.jpg
    x0gzm9oybos107qj.jpg
    8ngaceegtfpiy6rp.jpg
    ngehnk64jgd1ilbn.jpg
  • VapeCritic

Awesome thanks for posting this!

Trick with the gooey rosin: hold the paper inside the fridge with the door open while you scrape it off the parchment.

Sometimes with rosin all it takes is a ~5 degree change in temperature to make it go from syrup to shatter, it's crazy. So once you get it to exactly the right temp it'll come right off the parchment super easy :ok:

If it starts turning into shatter that just means it's too cold now, so take it out of the fridge for a few secs.
  • Dave63
    Cool...Thanks for the tip Bud!
  • Gman
    Nice!!

I suggest investing in some filters to keep the puck all together more and let the rosin flow out. Also that will mean no more pre-pressing. You want to pre-press as little as possible to prevent smashing the trichomes into the plant matter.
  • Dave63
    Thanks Gman...I did try using a filter bag on my earlier attempts with the HF 6 ton press. The bag seemed to hold in some of the rosin in the weave of the fabric. But, I will try again with this improved press.
  • Gman
    try to fold the filters inside out so there's no loose nylon around the edges.
  • Dave63
    OK, I'll give that a try.
    Old thread, New press :starstruck:
    i1jwqjcdnmqeunwf.jpeg
    4gzj22p37rm7sa2b.jpeg
    c3xlhahmpd5s2cb4.jpeg
    mvrje6yjdnxk6a93.jpeg
  • Pud
    can you put your bottom legs on opposite sides? Looks like you might be able to eliminate your 2x4 but a quick measure would tell if it’d work out or not... just a thought. You def couldn’t pump your jack standing up if you did only when layingit down would that work. Anyway..... looks great!! I def love love my Dabpress!

Thought about it but like you said...
  • Pud
    unless your handle can fit in and be operated from the front or the back? Then flip the top ones... or just leave it and I’ll go hit some more rosin... lol!!
    Mine can’t but I tried.
  • Pud
    No biggie... you have a great piece of equipment.
    Enjoy!!
  • Pud
    Here’s my prepress... lol! You seem like you are pretty handy so thought you might appreciate this... $5 if I would have had just a smidge of pipe fomfe8g3owwg9d04.jpeg
    zr7h070jhj8s61na.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet