• EconMan
    By the way, thanks guys for recomending Resident Evil 2 remake because I discarded it but now that I have some time on it I must confess I recovered my faith on remakes. This one deserves itSeñor Negro

I'm starting tonight! It's a big deal to me because I played the original 20 years ago. Part of the "magic" of the game was technically imposed..... not many zombies at once, they were slow, the "tank" controls at times caused prodigious cursing... fixed camera angles cause literal blindness at times.... yet, this is part of what made "survival horror" -- it's not a shooter because if you kill everything, you won't have enough ammo to fight the final bosses.

I had tonight scheduled for months. Yeah, I'm one of those :nerd:

For the last several months, I've been playing the original RE2 and it STILL plays well !!! :cool: The A/B game disk side, feature was innovative.

The choice of RE4 style "over the shoulder" camera angle was a good one. It works, and from what I've read and seen, it is faithful to the old game and fans WHILE STILL offering something interesting and fresh to newbies to the franchise.

And games are like vapes. What RE title is the "coolest" to hate on? RE6 -- purists like me judge it as a pox on humanity. Yet, we have an inconvenient fact: it sold more than any other RE title and was the most "action" of any of them. :scream:

Also, because of the MASSIVE success of RE2 HD Remake, Capcom announced RE3 will be next and this has fans like me drooling.... :starstruck:
  • MothChewMoth
    @EconMan RE 1 and 2 were my jam, and I could never really get into any of the others. I do however really enjoy watching runs of RE7. I just don't have it in me to play them myself anymore.

Speaking of remakes, he are some of my favorites: Monkey Island 1-2, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid: Samus Returns, and the X-Com series.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I bought the remake and can’t play beyond initially getting into the police station, then chillin’ with that cop dude on the first floor. Game terrifies me. Back when it first released on the ps1, I had people in a room with me so it could be beaten with a collective experiencing the terror. Now, by myself, nah man.. maybe play some metal in the background and turn the volume on the tv all the way down >.< silent hill did that to me too :)
    Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is beautiful and amazing. Red Dead I tried to get into too but it didn’t capture me the way Odyssey did. Odyssey doesn’t feel like an Assassin’s Creed game, it kinda stands on its own. All of the islands, Rome, Sparta, incredibly well done.
  • Señor Negro
    That happened to me with RE7. The game is cool and it looks awesome at max. settings but I could only play for periods of 20-30mins because the experience was so intense :scream:
  • EconMan
    It's scary as shit, alone in the dark, all the lights turned off.....all that zombie moaning.... that's for sure.... :scream:
  • MothChewMoth
    Anyone have VR setup? It's an older game, but I still can't get through Wilson's Heart. I've watched playthroughs and I know it's super tame, but something about being surrounded by that atmosphere just creeps me the f out. I keep feeling like something is going to touch the back of my neck.
  • EconMan
    Beat that Bitch! Mr. X who? :party: :100:

Now I really need some self-medication.... anyone who has eve played a video game ALL NIGHT knows what I'm saying.... :nerd:
  • John Cocktostone
    I tossed my VR setup as I felt the genre is going no where
  • MothChewMoth
    I'd disagree, but it's certainly not progressing rapidly. I still really like mine! The main problems I still see are that it's priced at a premium without being a stand-alone product, and that when using it you're still physically tethered. Once these problems are fixed, I'd expect adoption rates to grow.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    RE2 was already terrifying to begin with. This remake upped the graphics to near realism in spots. Just walking down a hallway with the flashlight bouncing around, light hitting then bouncing and reflecting against all the carnage and broken stuff littered throughout. Zombie popping up and headshots/body shots just kinda going through but not putting him down. Audio is top notch. Mannn.. Resident evil has always been about terror but it went cornballish. 1-2 were the root games that enabled the more nonsensical ones to flourish. 4 I thought was good but cheeseballish at times. 5 I fell off, 6 tried couldn’t, didn’t try 7. Now I’m thinking I should go back to 7 when steam tosses it on sale again.
    That apex ledgends is kinda cool. I got the origin pass to try out that BioWare game, the hell.. what was it called.. Anthem, yeahh Anthem, had to look it up. Anthem is beautiful but monotonous. For visual flair, it’s one of the most impressive games I’ve ever seen. That’s about it though. Held my attention for about 7 hours. Glad I got the pass, will cancel it next month.
  • MothChewMoth
    I decided to learn guitar with Rocksmith. Snagged the game and am borrowing a goat from a buddy. @EconMan I'll be ready to jam next year :lol:
  • EconMan
    1-2 were the root games that enabled the more nonsensical ones to flourish. 4 I thought was good but cheeseballish at times. 5 I fell off, 6 tried couldn’t, didn’t try 7. Now I’m thinking I should go back to 7 when steam tosses it on sale again.SirCrackKillaH

Exactly my brain except I consider 3 to be part of "core resident evil". Code Veronica should have been 4, but that is capcom.

4 is one of the best games of all time, it just is NOT really a RE game. The remake of RE2 however is a masterpiece. they got it all right. Faithful to the original while still a very modern game a total newbie to the series would love. If you are a RE whore like me though, the easter eggs in RE2r are abundant and orgasmic :)

As for 6, I remember buying it, playing for about 30 mins, and stopping... never went back..... their best selling game ever I believe
  • Phoenix
    I think Borderlands/Borderlands 2 are candidates for the greatest FPS games ever made. After reading some of the posts on this topic I may give Resident evil 2 a go as well. The best survival horror I've played are actually Dead space 1 and 2. It's a shame that things fell apart with the third installment. Not sure how survival horror games would work though while under the influence and tripping though!! It seems to work fine for Borderlands 2 though!
  • Señor Negro
    I'm not a fan of FPS so I barely play any unless they have something really special. Borderlands 1 and 2 both fullfil that requirement by far :up:

Not sure if I would rate Dead Space as the best survival horror I've ever played (not really a big fan of those either, but I do have a higher tolerance for those tho) but definitely I think they were both great games and I totally agree that that changed after the sequel.

Resident Evil 2 remake is indeed a good game, but does not keep me hooked that hard as it did at first.

Now I'm trying Nioh, as it's kind of mix of old school hack&slash games + Dark Souls. Nice so far but not that good tho.

And by the way, in case any of you guys did not try any of the Dark Souls saga... What are you waiting for!?!? :scream:
  • Chris Larson
    I'm a game developer at Hi-Rez Studios. If you guys ever are interested in any of the games I work on, I can hook you up!

Smite
    Paladins
    Realm Royale
    Tribes Ascend
  • John Cocktostone
    Grim Dawn on PC
    Dark Souls 3 on PS4
  • wall
    Just started Jumpforce
  • MothChewMoth
    cool! Are you with the parent company then? I was reading that last year they broke off into separate studios for each of the games.
  • Chris Larson
    Ya the split off of different studios was more of an internal thing. Paladins is being developed by Evil Mojo, Smite with Titian Forge, etc. All of those studios are housed in one main building. But yes I do work for the parent and not on one of the actual development teams. I'm the General Manager for all of our games.
  • MothChewMoth
    sounds excellent! I'm still trying to get on with a AAA publisher out here on the west coast.
  • PuffItUp
    I've been playing some CSGO and Rocket League on my PC recently. Usually for an hour or two while I vape :grin:
  • Trix
    Really enjoying Steep lately!
    Here’s my most recent mountain shot.
    ydq4z64m9ewut8s8.jpeg
    The Squirrel suit is my favorite!!!
    So many mountains to fly down.
  • Trix

Such a challenging question ?
    Currently right here and soon to be elsewhere.
    I’m around and can be found.
    Mostly gaming on Xbox...
    1eirmxcj4hlb414q.jpeg
    wkpqjwtef7wqegwt.jpeg
  • deep_meditation
    Enjoying RDR2. And little nightmares. I’m near the end of LN. it’s such a cool puzzle platformer.
  • MothChewMoth
    I just wrapped up Uncharted 4; good game! Next up: Life is Strange - Before the Storm.

hit me up for some Rocket League action! What tier are you in comp?

I'm assuming you're playing bc of the PS+ free game? I haven't checked it out yet.
  • Microvaper
    I'm old school. I'm obsessed with F Zero at the moment.
  • PuffItUp
    I go between gold, plat, and diamond. Depends on how often I play and whether or not I have a couple beer LOL

How do I add you? I know its cross platform now, I'm on steam https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091229159

PIU also has a steam group =) You can find me there if my friends list is full! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Puffitup
  • MothChewMoth
    Cool. I'm just ranking back up after reset, but had a bad few introductory matches. Currently gold 3 doubles and Platinum 2 standard.

I've got this same handle and play on Steam. I also think I'm in the group, but maybe don't get notifications or something.
  • ssaucyc515
    just saw your propic... DR ROCKSOOO
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube