• lazylathe

I am going to hang onto it for a while!
    It's a Canadian made grinder so I felt patriotic and bought before reviews...
    It's a great looking grinder though.
    If I do, I will get in contact with you!!
  • Rockytdogg
    Anyone get theirs yet...?

@HerbRipper..?
  • HerbRipper
    were tracking numbers sent to you? Email me and I will manually send you the tracking number!

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Rockytdogg

Ha, sorry Kevin...! I meant anyone that purchased one. I was too cheap... but still interested... I’m rooting for you to have the only kickass 100% SS grinder on the market...!

I just tagged you to see if you were still alive.... :up: :joke:
  • HerbRipper
    Always watching in the background!

I want to have the best quality grinder out there so this is where I find the best information!
  • Namekian
    Mine is out for delivery right now and I have the day off, will report back asap. :)
  • GhostMV1User
    Mine will arrive Thursday. I will also report back. Have some strains with buds that are varying in thickness/stickiness, I should be able to get a decent idea of it's effectiveness.
  • Futurevapors
    I'm really looking forwards to what people think of having a Solid piece of Stainless steel in their hands, and I think the grinding feeling itself is going to be totally new experience.

I can see the Weight being brought up, not as a problem, more of a observation in that we're all used to poxy flimsy Aluminium.

also looking forwards to the likes of Space Case/Santa Cruz running a Stainless steel line at triple the cost of a Ripper?

The Future is all about small business with low overheads, sensible affordable prices, outstanding customer service and Lifetime warranties!

I also seen the the US customers can use sezzle.com/ to be able to spread the cost of a grinder over 4 months. God we are so behind in Irleand/uk/europe
  • Rockytdogg

.... :brow: :chin:

:razz:
  • Namekian
    Yeah, my bad. Checked the tracking last night when nothing showed up and it says it was delayed in a town about 3 hours away. No new updates yet...got to love USPS. :/
  • juxt
    Mine is our for delivery today...
  • juxt
    Delivered! Will try when I get home.
  • elykpeace
    Received mine a day early! Thanks @HerbRipper for the priority shipping. The box it came in was a little flimsy but it was bubble wrapped and shipping in a much bigger box.

The ball bearing is pretty neat! I like just spinning it around in the chamber. It's a lot smaller then I pictured it to be! Tall but slender and boy does it have weight to it! Compared to my SCS it feels much more premium. Also I must say I really like the laser etched design on the top! I really love the way it feels and the ability to clean due to the ss construction. seems really sharp and I can't wait to get it cleaned and test it out later tonight!!

First impressions :up: waiting on consistency but so far it's gorgeous
  • slamcmy
    Hi guys, right now im using the S&B plastic grinder and so far it does the job but it kinda looks cheap on a 250 dlls device LOOOOOL .. So, im really looking for a new grinder for my vaporizing needs ( Crafty and Extreme Q ) and im really interested in what the @VapeCritic and the members of this forum have to say about this new stainless steel grinder .. Really looking forward to it
  • Rockytdogg
    @HerbRipper
    Yo Kevin, you might wanna checkout the grinder thread on FC...
  • HerbRipper
    where are you talking about? I can’t find it. Thanks
  • Rockytdogg

I pm’d u the info.
  • HerbRipper
    Hey! I would love to sell you The Ripper now but there has been some feedback that we are working with to make it better! If you can wait a month for all of this to be implemented I’m sure you will be satisfied with our grinder!
  • HerbRipper
    Hey guys, I have been getting some good and some back feedback on this grinder. Since this was my first go around, I knew there would be flaws, I just didn’t know what they would be. I wish I had a ton of money to sink into research but unfortunately I don’t.

If anybody here received a grinder and is not totally satisfied with it, I will buy it back 100%. Please email me what you do and do not like about it so I can implement those changes!

I would also ask politely not to bash me all over forums, I’m working really hard to set new standards for this industry and in order to succeed, I need to fail first.

I’m open to all ideas and encourage them.

I will work with everyone!

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Dave63
    Ok, it's on my wish list. I will order one after I save up a bit...spent a lot lately on my dab press. I have always had some concerns in the back of my head about aluminium.
  • juxt

Hey man, I'm happy to provide some honest feedback here. I hope you're successful long term by the way and don't want my money back or anything.

First thing some people mention and seem to care about are machine oils...I don't care because I understand how manufacturing works and will wash whatever someone send me without asking them if I should, but there is some on there.

As to the burring, there are some small nubs left from the machining, not a lot but enough to run the Dremel over to be double sure. This is purely my opinion but that's not something I would not expect on a commercial product. *Edit:. Is that a double negative infinity? What I meant was, I don't want nubs...

On the machining overall, the screen housing and basin are good, and the quick turn open and close is good, but the machining is not exact on the cap and teeth sections and I'm worried about buildup catching on those ridges and gullies.

I haven't had a chance to give it a good go to check the grind although it has a great feel there.

One generic gripe that isn't just for you but almost every grinder, why do you not engineer the pick to exactly match the curve of your basin?
  • HerbRipper
    if you have any problems what so ever email me and we will make it right.

That’s a great idea on the pick! I will look into that!

Thanks Kevin
  • juxt

Sure man, and I'll let you know about the grind but probably after a few days or so.
  • GhostMV1User
    @HerbRipper

My initial thoughts.

Didn't notice machine oils, rinsed it anyways. I see where the stainless steel could be polished more, not sure what is used for that, dremel? Anyways. It does grind fine, with the Blue Dream I tried. My biggest issue will be, does the kief collector work well. Don't know yet as you have to grind a bit to actually collect something.

It is heavy, it is taller than I thought it would be. Neither of those particularly matter to me though.

I own an SLX and that has the coated material. So I'm used to that, although I could see if the coating wears off, I'm inhaling that so stainless steel sounds like a good idea.

I want to support your business but I have a question. If you are going to go back and make revisions, will the early adopters (i.e. me) get a deal on a revised grinder if we don't return this one?

Also, You mention removing the screen. Are there replacement screens or something? Kind of missed that somewhere I think.
  • HerbRipper
    I will for sure give a big discount if you want to upgrade!

Yes we will be selling replacement screens with different hole sizes but we’re holding off until we got the final designed nailed.

How else can I help?
    Kevin
  • GhostMV1User
    @HerbRipper Nothing else. I'll keep this sucker and hope the kief collection works well, and I'm not saying it doesn't, I see a few little crumbs have falling through so it should be good. I want to support small little companies like yourself. :)

Good job. I work for a company that designs probes and I understand all the trial/error/start/stop that goes into something like this. Wish you nothing but success and I will be taking you up on the discount.

It's a good grinder folks. It will, without a doubt, grind your stuff with a few turns. The 4 times I've used it I would have had to turn it more with my SLX.

One last question. Being stainless steel, it can't really be painted. However, what about the outside? Have you considered adding some color? Again, I realize stainless steel limits that and you don't want the insides to be painted/coated, but some color might add just enough pop... Future versions maybe.
  • HerbRipper
    we were thinking about powder coating the outside.

Thoughts?
  • GhostMV1User
    @HerbRipper Great idea.

Not to suggest stealing other people's ideas. However, when I bought my SLX I had a very hard time choosing a color. Briefly considered buying 2, lol. They had some nice color differences to choose from.
  • Futurevapors
    I'm the same with Colour options or types of Exotic woods, i'm up all night trying to decided witch colour will i pick hahaha.

@HerbRipper If I had a choice of Titanium Powder coating I'd love to have a
    Black Lid
    Yellow Middle
    Green screen section
    Black Pollen catcher,
    Just like the Rasta Flag!
    eprk3gda33xi8jol.png
    Some grinders have the Red section added for the Rasta colours but I think Red, yellow, green, Black looks cheap or for kids. replacing the Red with Black makes it look BAD ASS!!!
    Also no other grinder on the market has that colour "heard it first here guys" just in case you star seeing them.
  • LabPong
    ↪GhostMV1User
    we were thinking about powder coating the outside.

Thoughts?
    HerbRipper

To me, my grinders are tools........not art work or show case items. So the less bling and more performance are only welcomed.

Also, adding any cost or time to production seems like a negative when you look at the price already....unless you can do it with no added cost?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment