• HerbRipper
    Hey thanks for reaching out!

The depth of our 3 piece in the 2-1/2” version is .775”, so plenty deep!
    0c7urgg52tz0rgby.jpg

It is between and 1/4 and 1/2 turn. There is 4 different starts to catch while assembling to make it even easier. The firehose idea is a turned surface before the thread to line it up so you don’t ever cross thread.

Yes! The next step after launching the grinder will be the different types of plates! They will be interchangeable with what we are launching on 4/20!
  • MunicipalBlack

So 0.775" is the total height of the bottom section right? What would be the height of the grippable surface of that bottom plate? With the top section what is the height as well? Where would that leave the entire 3 piece for total height when fully assembled?
  • Noodles

The 2.5” looks awesome!
  • Illinois
    looking forward to the new 2.5 3pc grinder, is there a waiting list?
  • HerbRipper

Nope. I spent all weekend running a bunch of inventory to make sure I’ll have enough!

However I think they will go quick!

We wanted to make sure if we are lucky enough to earn your business, you should get the grinder as soon as possible!
  • HerbRipper

The gripable (that’s a word right?) surface on the bottom basin is .450”

All assembled the 3 piece sits about 1.55” tall.
  • MunicipalBlack
    Ripper XL just launched.
    $149 USD, Free Engraving this weekend, 2½" Diameter
    https://www.herbripper.com/products/the-ripper-xl

I likey.
  • EconMan

Best grinder I've used! Both sizes. I just love it.
    For those who like larger grinders, this is nice.
  • MunicipalBlack
    How does the large HERB Ripper compare to the smaller Herb Ripper and also to your BCG in terms of grind. Medium grind, fluffy? etc?

You only have the "medium" plate for the large Herb Ripper (so far) correct?
  • HerbRipper
    Who wants a personalized grinder!?!?
    I can have them personalized and sent out in a week flat, no waiting. If you don’t get it personalized, I send them out next business day!

We have been working hard to build our inventory.

clds8kdrf48eadc5.jpeg
    rqpsz03e14muhpmz.jpeg
    vri6umy8brj8estk.jpeg
    y9jf154lfotno6x5.jpeg
    9kvpqc4zx7aufnkx.jpeg
    9kvpqc4zx7aufnkx.jpeg
  • 420vapezone
    I received my 3-piece 2.5" ripper yesterday and I'm impressed!

Weighing in at 11.4 oz, I'm pretty sure it's the heaviest grinder I own.
    The stainless material gives a great heft, feel, and finish - especially the shiny lower half.

I've only pushed a few nugs through it but it cut them like butter and everything fell through to the lower half with just a few turns.
  • EconMan

The large is awesome if you like to grind larger amounts at a time. It is also stunning!
    Both mediums produce certainly acceptable "mediums". Near identical.
    Both work so very well.

I especially love my small one, only because I *generally* prefer that size within my normal consumption culture, but there are times the large is just so darn handy (large sessions with the volcano). I am beginning to think they are not mutually exclusive -- no law says you can't have two sizes of grinder. I like both. :nerd:

I don't have a BCG. Not yet. I've commented in the thread because I think he makes a good grinder with more-than-just-a-gimick color offering.

But the HerbRipper got my business (I became aware of them about the same time) because at the end of the day, NOTHING is cooler than dishwashable solid stainless steel. It is not a piece of painted aluminum. Not that is horrible -- I have that too -- but in use the plain SS just feels and looks so darn good. Nothing to chip, flake, etc.

Substantial is a good word in how it feels. Sounds corny perhaps, but the journey of using it, the pride of breaking it out, of owning it, the simplicity of it's design (a magnificent hunk of solid stainless steel), and the joy of using it... all contribute to a legend in one's own mind.
    It also makes for a bona fide weapon! lol :)

There is nothing I don't like about either size, except I think coarse should be more coarse, and he is addressing this in future plate releases. :100:

That he is offering free-engraving now is just cool. The large has quite the surface for engraving too.
  • MunicipalBlack

I must have remembered wrong, I knew you were talking about both but I though you had a BCG.

The engraving must go on the bottom with the logo on top? Or maybe it replaces the logo? It's hard to tell from the pictures and is probably a better question for @HerbRipper

The Ripper is really nice. Really really nice. I love that it's all stainless steel and that there will be multiple grinding plates. Are you beta testing the large size different plates as well or just the smaller size?
  • HerbRipper
    the engraving will go on the bottom.

After we release it, we will work on new grinding plates.

If anyone on this forum buys the 2-1/2” grinder this weekend, I will send you a free coarse and fine plate to beta test when I get them figured out.
    Limit 5
    Could be June/July but hey if that’s what your interested, it will be free.

We already had one round of beta testing so we are confident our next go around will the one!

The fine is proven out just not the coarse.
  • mmx
    I sent you an email yesterday @HerbRipper
  • HerbRipper
    yes! We are getting everything in order. I wanted to respond with all the correct information!
  • MunicipalBlack
    You've inspired me to do my taxes so I see where I sit with that first haha.
  • HerbRipper
    Yeah I did that last week to buy my kid a play set
  • MunicipalBlack
    Well now you're just making me look bad :rofl: My kids don't need any more toys, it's out of control already!
  • HerbRipper
    My daughter has quite a few dud grinders that she likes to play with. Especially the threads, she is fascinated by it.
  • EconMan
    If anyone on this forum buys the 2-1/2” grinder this weekend, I will send you a free coarse and fine plate to beta test when I get them figured out.HerbRipper

Wow. That's a great offer :)

And that little daughter is in heaven.... getting to hang out in machine shops. :cool:

I must have remembered wrong, I knew you were talking about both but I though you had a BCG.MunicipalBlack

No, I can get now how someone might have had that impression. I was an early participant in that thread. Somebody said or implied if I remember correctly that the BCG was overpriced, which in my training and personality is a cue to come out and defend profit-making and value. :nerd:
    I was torn between the two, and went with the HR -- you got it.... SOLID SS. :starstruck: I can open it as fast as ANY magnetic grinder (1/4 turn).

The future of the world itself is small business and I want to do all I can to support the ones run by ethical, competent, and hungry entrepreneurs -- my favorite "category" of people . Regardless of whether I am a current customer, future customer, no customer... such entrepreneurial people make the world a better place for everyone and I for one appreciate them. :starstruck:

One of the favorite parts of my business is working with young entrepreneurs, often their first merchant account after paypal dropped them (lol), the energy from their youth and fearlessness from their inexperience is intoxicating and keeps me young myself :nerd: Helping someone go from their first $20 sale, onto a million dollars worth, is so fulfilling from a giving perspective and inspiring from a selfish one.
  • HerbRipper
    I love how you support small businesses. My family for the last 3 generations has had a small business and I love every bit of it. I get the fearlessness of the unknown which is why people start businesses in my opinion. If I knew everything I know now, it would be a lot harder decision to start this business! Years of not making a dime but I tell you something, it is so rewarding to hear when people love your product. However the fear of failing lingers everyday, which provides motivation. It’s crazy what we put ourselves through but I wouldn’t give up talking to all you crazy mo fo’s all the time for anything!
  • MunicipalBlack
    @HerbRipper I'll definitely take you up on your offer of the other plates when you get them finished. I just put in my order but I didn't see where to select polished or matte. Can you please make mine matte, order #1582. I can't wait to get it!!
  • HerbRipper
    I certainly can!

Would you like it engraved?
  • MunicipalBlack
    Yes please. "Tetrahydrocannabinol" in Gotham font without the quotations.
  • EconMan
    Yes please. "Tetrahydrocannabinol" in Gotham font without the quotations.MunicipalBlack

Cool! :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet