• Kinick23
    I don’t see them available yet, I know there were prototypes created and tested - fine worked well and course needed some tweaking that is already in the works. Adding Kevin here to confirm @HerbRipper
  • HerbRipper
    correct. We are close though!
  • henrylefleur
    great. I’ll probably hold off till those are available, I’d like to get a medium and a fine plate. Any idea on the pricing?
  • HerbRipper
    Thank you for being patient!

We don’t have numbers on everything yet so we are unsure of the price.
  • bum karacho
    i like the herb ripperpage , nice design.
    since they have more plates....i think about to buy one!
  • EconMan
    In honor of @HerbRipper this video is cool. Gives appreciation for the work and craftsmanship.

• Taz
    Just have seen that Kevin has got the 2" plates and a 4piece 2.5" in both options available now.

Congrats mate! @HerbRipper
  • MunicipalBlack
    @herbripper
    Just a heads up, the pictures and descriptions don't match up on the website. The last option under "Shop" is "Fine Grater Plate for 2” Stainless Steel Grinder Polished Finish" but the picture shown is for the coarse plate. When you click into the product there are 2 more pictures that show all 3 plates. May confuse people. I would rather see only that specific plate under the specific product page.

Exciting to see those plates up for sale though!
  • HerbRipper
    yeah we need to clean it up a bit. This is what happens when you hire people to do your website that don’t know anything about weed.
  • CDN24
    Hey folks

Thinking about picking up the large ripper. Is that a medium plate that comes with it? Would anyone know how this compares to a Santa Cruz? I almost always have to turn it upside down for a few turns to get it to the level I like.

Also, how often do regulars have to clean theirs?
  • EconMan

It is an order of magnitude better than the SC. The SC is ok. The HR is awesome.
  • CDN24
    Does the default plate grind finer then the SC?
  • EconMan
    Just received the new COARSE plate! :starstruck:

Will post pics, as I'm getting a shipment if PRIMO freshly cured bud in about an hour and I will test this baby out :party:

EDIT:
    Could not wait so ground a bud I had. I am VERY happy with the COARSE. Finally a grinder with a REAL coarse grind. Many convection vapes simply don't do well with a fine grind. On my FF2 and my G43, it works so much better with coarse.... it needs to be a little chunky for the hot air to move around and through the flower evenly.... so you want your flower like gravel, not sand.

Anyway, I'm stoked! This grind is perfect. I think @HerbRipper has a winner here.
  • Illinois
    coarse plates available yet?
  • HerbRipper
    yes! It is a fine/medium where as the SC is a medium/coarse. You will be happy with our grind! Fire tees or your money back!
  • Taz
    @HerbRipper Hey Kevin. When and what will there be on for 7/4?
    Thinking about swapping from a polished to a matte version.
    And what's the change in teeth since the Mk2 release?
  • HerbRipper
    We will be having a much better 710 sale but not sure what it will be yet.

When did you order yours so I know which on you have!
  • Taz
    I think i ordered it right after you released the remodel version of MK1. Might have been April or May 18.
  • Hapo
    ...so you need to get on a waiting list for these...???...
  • Biesas

Nope, just go to the website and place your order for whatever you like on there. As far as I know everything is in stock and ready to be shipped :wink:
    It is an amazing grinder!
  • Hapo
    ...thanks...
  • EconMan

And you can buy the complete grinder "kit" with all the plates, or buy a grinder and select the plate you want -- find, medium, coarse. I'm really liking my coarse a lot. Getting a shipment in today of some truly primo bud, and I can't wait to start tinkering with it. Will post pics and analysis.

Until then, here is a front/back coarse plate and a quick FF2 grind with some good but not great bud.

The more I use it the more I approve. It is awesome.

xxnq835479cih59e.jpeg

k1tetjdnq2970o9q.jpeg

ygjlg7ujwhwbuzgf.jpeg
  • Cedar
    @Vapecritic @Herbripper
    I'll leave out the little story, but just could not help but send a big shout out to Kevin at Herbripper for amazing customer service, personal attention, and a huge effort to manufacture and craft this awesome grinder out of stainless. Bud, thanks for the Forum, without which this would not have happened. Best to all and thanks to everyone else who had helped educate me. Feeling grateful.
  • Biesas

That looks very promising! The first prototype coarse grinding plate that I've received did grind to a lot more fine consistency, put it this way, it was pretty similar to the medium plate.
    That material you got there does still looks very fluffy, but in a more desirable size chunks.
    Can't wait for my new coarse and fine plates to show up :starstruck:
  • EconMan
    Yeah, the new coarse plate is working great.

I am going to designate it the official grinder of the FF2 and G43.

I know Bud uses fine to medium, but I love my G43 with coarse and chunky flower. It tastes better AND is easier to stirr. I just jab it once with the poker and then smash down it with the other end of my loading tool.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment