• MothChewMoth
    love this idea! @VapeCritic I smell a new video from you doing a scientific method comparison between all your grinders! First, a nug of dry-ish bud that's the same in all of them (showing results), then a nug of more moist bud. This would be really cool!
  • Futurevapors
    I don't think he's going to be doing that to any other grinders :chin:
  • VapeCritic
    Very few grinders pass this test which is why I only like a few models.

I explained this in my stream this weekend but if you didn't see it I talked about why I'm harder on this grinder than others, it's because I see potential for it to be really great and I don't want to see it be another product that gets stuck at not being quite perfect and stops progessing.

It's very close to being excellent but my job is to point out tweaks needed to make it as close to perfect as possible, and this is to the long term benefit of their company, it doesn't help a new business to only get positive feedback from fans.

I can only name 4 grinders I like and recommend, and this one is pretty close to being the 5th.
  • Futurevapors
    as the Ripper is Dishwashable, I'd love to see how clean it comes out?

This is the only disheashable safe Grinder on the market I believe
  • LabPong
    VapeCritic
    as the Ripper is Dishwashable, I'd love to see how clean it comes out?

This is the only disheashable safe Grinder on the market I believe
    Futurevapors

Future.....how come you guys dont just use an old tooth bruch, a little 91% iso and water....and in 2 minutes your done?

I just do not understand putting mj stuff in your food cleaning devices.....no offense....just seems odd and unnecessary.
  • Futurevapors
    Not something I've ever done, I just remembered in his website/video, something about it being dishwasher proof.
  • Futurevapors
    managed to get to grips with the Ripper and some sticky icky, yes the sticky bud did get a bit stuck as there's no non stick coating, but I have found if I just leave it then the next time I grind it sort of self cleans by knocking the last stuck bits through the holes, so no issue so far for me
    quppr7v085qhne23.jpg
    s7j2q18jzqr542xp.jpg

Also I found banging stainless steel on Stainless Steel does damage the body "as Stainless is strong/heavy" so try not to bang the parts together and just let your next grind push though the bits of bud you normally try and bang off with aluminium.
  • Futurevapors
    Loving this beast, I can’t go back to my small space case, the ripper has gripped :starstruck:

I’ve found the best way to keep it clean is to not overload it and break the green up nicely.
    a20ni4tdslsbp9kq.png
    eurwqyqy1kiwvo2n.png
    nhiltlan46vld0a7.png
    tpzil209dcejsbyq.png

I’ve had this 3 month and used it daily and not clean it once.
  • Futurevapors
    So I thought I’d clean it to see how easy weed comes off stainless steel.

Hot water only

qdoe3unp5kf8loht.jpeg
    ioajkf8g19z15d7v.jpeg
    0ds3rb7ubew9so2b.jpeg

Gunk came off within 10 secs and was sptoless

I’m impressed
  • Futurevapors
    There’s something funny about this picture? I’ve never clogged as much a that since receiving my Ripper, but when I do get some bits sticking to the sides you can clearly see I’ve used the grinder 100 grinds as there’s no clean shiny stainless steel area’s

rdm432vxth4qqd6h.jpeg
    4no4dxcb6sinuh9r.jpeg
    That Ripper is brand new, and has been stuffed with wet weed it look like.
  • VapeCritic
    Can you take a pic of your Space Case so we can make sure you have a real one? I'm skeptical of your negativity towards it now, because IMHO, HO, they still have the 4-piece grinder thing on lock, it still feels da best and most luxurious, IMHO.

I can understand why you like this grinder but simma down a little bit, you're being a little extra :party:

The ripper is a boat anchor, it's cool that it's solid but it's too heavy, it won't go mainstream being that dense, IMHO, HO.

Potential fix - make some lightening cuts.

The teeth need some tweaking too, it gunks up in scenarios where better grinders don't. Moist bud throws it off, putting in too much bud throws it off, etc

Please respect the opinions of people who have more than 2 grinders and have been doing this for more than a few months (not just me) :up:
  • Futurevapors
    So you understand, this is what I’m saying.

I love my SC had it for a year, got the Ripper fell out with a few times over no coating and teeth, after 3 months of ripper use daily I dug out the SC and I couldn’t believe how different it felt in my hands and I now prefer a lot of the features on the Ripper, especially the grind, quicklock.

This is my experience in I’m not trying to wind people up and I got huge respect for everyone here on the forum.

I also try to be as positive as I can be and hopefully some people find my content nice and colorful and useful.

Check theses pics of of the grinds

i13h9m2lyi9dsxsc.jpeg
    2l6hrlgq6eazm50o.jpeg
  • Vapster707
    So does anyone know if tha guy making tha ripper is goin to make a version 3 to improve it even more ???
  • Futurevapors
    Hey buddy. Just so who ever reads this knows, I’m just a Fan of the Ripper :starstruck:

But what way do you think it should be improved?

I’d like, slits not holes on the outer side so exess didn’t get stuck their on that ledge, I have to use a tool to clear that area once build up happens

I’d like the inner holes to match the grooves running down, as there’s a little tiny 1mm ledge because they don’t meet and it just looks like the ledge dosn’t need to be there. With a non coated grinder there has to be no build up area’s.

I did also dislike the teeth shape but I see the Brilliant diamond cutter is now leaning towards a similar shape, but I adore the Rippers grind, it’s super perfect for my Bricks
    ikb1l13zzht7zfg4.jpeg
  • Vapster707
    I don't own one yet I seen Bud talk about it and some improvements on it and reading though this thread so I was just wondering in general ...
    For tha amount of money it cost I'd like to have tha best version even though as a newbie to vaping I dont totally understand why grinders cost as much as some vapes...
    Right now I have a off brand small grinder that came free with my air 2 and a large santa cruz(ordered wrong size off ebay so yet it sits I dont smoke enough for that giant thing lol)
  • Futurevapors
    yeah grinders are getting expensive.

But the Ripper has an excuse in that it’s made of Stainless Steel and should actually be $250 not $100.

I was confused over Buds comments on the Ripper but everyone’s has their own opinion.

It’s heavy and I like that.

I think @HerbRipper is planning to smash up some aluminum grinders against the Ripper to show how strong Stainless is :fire:
  • HerbRipper
    That’s the plan! I ordered like 15 aluminum grinders and we are going to put them through the test! Videos will be on the website and Instagram.
  • bum karacho
    Videos will be on the website and Instagram.HerbRipper

send us a link when its finished, please !
  • HerbRipper
    I sure will! I’m sure futurevapors will be all over that haha. That crazy guy is def the person you want being a fan of your product. He blows it up! Good guy. @Futurevapors
  • Futurevapors
    what can I say, I Love products with a passion that change the game, simplfy and are just ahead of the curve.

Along the way I’ve been misunderstood by some but the majority get how important it is to be a :fire: Futurevapor
  • HerbRipper
    Hey guys,

I have a customer wanting to know about the Rippers grind and if it will work with his Firefly 2. He says he needs a course grind, we are more of a medium/fine grind. Will this work for him? Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • Kinick23
    @HerbRipper I had a FF2, the ripper works as long as you don’t try to grind it fine by turning upside down, excessive grinding etc. when I pop in herb and give it a few cranks it’s comes out med. consistency. .. I picked up the ripper 3 1/2 months ago.. nice stock pile of kief already, thx!

s61suuhyeoqebhep.jpeg
  • Pakalolo2
    @Kinick23 I’m jealous!
    I gotta a lot catching up to do...nice!
  • HerbRipper
    love it!!!!!!! Keep on keepin on!
  • 415vapor
    How well does this perform using small loads, say 1 nugg? I only grind small loads around .2 - .4g and have been reading that most teeth grinders perform the best when packed full. Do you notice a difference with grind consistency when loaded full vs just 1 nugg? Thanks in advance!!
  • Pakalolo2
    @415vapor You’ll find the grind consistency the same but you will “work harder” with a full grinder. I normally will grind 0.5 -1.5 grams at at time and the smaller loads are easier as would be expected but more importantly the consistency is the same.

I am very pleased with the Ripper...it’s the last grinder I will buy.
  • nowayout
    I will say that I am liking the grinder after about 2 months of use. Works perfectly for my MV1. The only issue, as with all grinders that don't have an anti-stick coating is that the messier it gets with moist herb, the harder it will be to grind and cleaning will absolutely be necessary.

Other than that, I really like how easy it is to grind herb, works best with dryer herb. :)
  • 415vapor
    Anyone here have the 2 piece conversion? Curious what the grind difference is between 2 piece and 3/4 piece upside down??

@Pakalolo2 @Futurevapors
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet