• happytrooper
    Hi there!

I'm just about to order myself a new vape and I've had my eyes on the Mighty (and other higher end portable vape) for some time, but I need a bit more input and I'm hoping someone here can assist :smile:

I currently have a Flowermate v5.0s pro plus omega ultimate bananas 2000 (seriously, how many suffixes can a thing have! :lol:) which has been working great the last couple of years but it's time for an upgrade!

My vaping process is that I usually pack the Flowermate quite tight, turn it to 200°C (392°F), take a few hits and then turn it off. When I'm ready for the next couple of hits, which might be half an hour later, or three days later I turn it on, increase the temperature a little and get at it again. I then usually repeat this around 5-7 times up to a maximum of around 220°C (428°F) and then reload (230° (446°F) if I'm feeling extra cheap :halo:). I save the vaped bud, water curate it, make cannabutter and then delicious and potent brownies!

When researching which new vape to get, I learned about the difference between session vaporizers and on-demand vaporizers. I also learned that the Flowermate I have is in fact a session vaporizer and shouldn't be used to 'save' the load for several sessions (which is what I do). And I've also read in several places that the Mighty (and Crafty) shouldn't be used to vape the same load more than all in one session either. So this is where I get a bit insecure. I feel my current process has been working super well (it gets me where I want and is cheap!) and, from what I've read, is possibly more suitable with an on-demand type of vaporizer. Buuuut I haven't found anything at the quality and usability level of the Mighty (and other session vapes), and would love to get it - but perhaps not if my current process doesn't work with it. I realize I can pack the Mighty lighter, but then I'm losing the convenience I currently feel I get with the Flowermate.. so here's where I really could need your help!

What do you think, would a Mighty still work well for me?Or is there perhaps another high quality vape that you know would suit me?

Cheers :smile:
  • Terry Hutchinson
    I basically do the same thing with another quality "session" vape, the Solo II. I take a few hits at a time and turn it off. Fire it up again when I want more. Honestly I don't know what the beef is about using session vapes in this manor. Presumably some cannabinoids are wasted as the vape takes time to cool down after use. I suspect more it has to do with taste - sort of like re-heating coffee I guess. But with weed, I am all about getting high and care not two shits about flavor.

So I will continue to use my vapes as described. The on-demand vaporizers available today appear to me to be much too fiddly to be worth the effort. But that's just me.

P.S. I use my Sticky Brick Jr in the same way. But the SB straddles the ground between session and on-demand in my opinion.
  • happytrooper
    Thanks for the reply @Terry Hutchinson! What you're saying resonates well with me, flavor is secondary to me too.

I'm curious, how come you own a Solo II and a Sticky Brick Jr? Do they serve different purposes for you?
  • Terry Hutchinson
    My first vape (after a life time of smoking joints) was a S&B Plenty. It got me wrecked as advertised and since I grow my own I had no concerns about the fact that it needed to be fed a great deal of product to get maximum effect. But I didn't like being tethered to a power cord. The SB Jr is wonderful. Took no time to learn the technique and I find the usage ritual to be relaxing. It reminds me of smoking a pipe. But the Arizer Solo II is the best for use on the go or when I want to one-hand my vape.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I've been finding with my Solo 2 that only filling the stem half full (or less) is also a very effective way to microdose. 3-4 good draws and it's done. I find that it helps keep the flavor better this way (though you have already said that this wasn't a big concern to you, but it is for me).
  • Terry Hutchinson
    I believe you. I just don't bother. My style is to jamb it with as much bud as will fit in the stem. Sometimes it can be a little too tight, constricting airflow. But I must have strong lungs because it just doesn't bother me.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I'm just of the type where I have to finish my session, so the only way that I can microdose is with less material packed. I just love the flavor so much that I won't stop until the vapor stops.

You must have much better will power than me.
  • metalmancpa
    I've been learning about vapes for a few years, and finally this year I feel I have completed my stable to cover all possible vaping scenarios.

I have both the Crafty & Mighty. Storz & Bickel has done wonders with these session vapes for the most important thing, how it handles the herb. I burns clean, never combust, and can either fill the bowl up for a 5-10 hit session, or put a small amount in with an oil pad on top, and have a few toke vape session.

I just got from Bud's yard sale the Ghost MV1. It is exactly the on-demand at home vape I was looking for. I had my eyes on it for months, but already with two high-end vapes I couldn't let go of the money. I'm glad I did, although the loading process is what I call a tad annoying. It does a decent job, although never hits the power of the Mighty/Crafty.

And tonight, I used my other recent purchase, the Dynavap Omni XL Titanium. Idiot here went to use the Mighty and forgot to charge it as it was toast. Well, I reach for the MV1, and same thing. Just forgot. I took the dugout, got the Dynavap and hit it with butane, and got a 5-hit session out of one bowl. A beauty to have when you don't manage your batteries properly. Sure I could have grabbed the Crafty, but I didn't have to.

The Mighty and MV1 are my at-home vapes. The Crafty I take with me traveling by car or camping (never flying). The Dynavap is meant for on the go but as tonight proved, it's simply the perfect gap-filler.

There are so many vapes to choose from, and this is the rotation I have settled on through my research. All top end vapes (based on price and per reviews). And on a whim I pulled the trigger on Bud and grabbed the Hydrology9. Haven't tried it yet. When it arrived I opened it up, took it apart to learn it, and then wife grabbed it to take a look not realizing it was apart, and the glass fell and broke. So an extra $30 for that, and it was shipped today. I'm looking forward to it. Also have a Magic Flight Launch Box w/water attachment sitting doing nothing.
  • FlameBeats
    I have the Hydrology 9 and all I can say is WOW. This is my favorite for my top of the line strains because of the flavorful smooth hits and packs a punch! I personally like this over my Ghost as an at home vape! This device is underrated for sure.
  • Futurevapors
    Do you like to get as high as possible off the smallest amount?

If so go On-Demand, they get you the highest and are the most efficient, Full Spectrum High.

Dynavap or Sticky Brick Labs
  • Baron23
    I love the Mighty and find there is very little in the portable market that works with such ease, consistency, and effectiveness.

Yes, the Mighty is a hybrid convection/conduction vape and its the conduction part that makes it not "on-demand" as the oven will continue to cook your herb to some extent when turned off and cooling down.

But rather than look to any vape for a few of draws, then set it down, then hit it again later....have you considered micro-dosing. That is, get a vape that can be effective with a smaller load that you are willing to kill in a one go. It will taste better, the effects will be better as each load will have the full terpene content which would be often lost in multiple heating cycles with the same load.

With the Mighty, I find I can run very small loads (maybe as small as .005 g) IF I put the provided liquid pad (made for concentrates on top of the load. Works very well.

As for "on-demand", I personally am coming to the view that this is really not an accurate description of these vapes. Yes, they are full convection so when you turn it off it should not cook your herbs any further. However, in almost all cases I have found the following: 1) it takes a draw or two to "prime" an on-demand vape which allows the thing to warm up a cold oven/air path and; 2) again the terps will most likely be gone early so later sessions are NOT the same as the initial/early sessions.

If you like the idea of micro-dosing, you may want to look into the VapCap by DynaVap. Many use this device with VERY small loads. Vape it, kill it, load it again for the next time. I think you will find this to be a better experience.
  • Heroin Batman
    Look into vapes where you can cool down the load fast. Like cf(x) with the elbs. I do what you do, then pull it right out while for a few minutes so it cools down and doesn't keep cooking, then put it all back in. I find it tastes better later than my other vapes that you have to just leave it lacked after that first set of hits.
  • happytrooper
    @Futurevapors - For me it's not really so much about getting as high as possible, I most of the times prefer a mid-level high!

@Baron23 - Many many thanks for the elaborate response! Micro-dosing does sound like it might fit my style, but with a convenience cost.. While I do enjoy the ceremony of grinding and packing once in a while I think I prefer the convenience of just turning my Flowermate on and taking a few hits with the desired effect.. One full load lasts me on average perhaps 7 sessions (which is a week or even more, unless I do longer sessions). Sometimes the used load comes out almost in powder form when I've been super cheap though.. which perhaps means it's reached combustion :mask: I read the Mighty supports some kind of disposable capsules which I could prefill a bunch at the same time, perhaps that'd be convenient enough for me. Have you tried those? If so, do they work with the micro dosing strategy? I do have some sessions with a group of people from time to time so I think something as small as the VapCap wouldn't be optimal for me in that case. Perhaps I'm hoping too much for the perfect "all-in-one" solution :blush:. I'm also considering the Crafty, if the only difference between them is battery time I could definitely go with the Crafty as I'm to 80% an at-home vaper anyway - but if there's other valuable benefits I really wouldn't mind spending a little extra for the Mighty. I don't reeaally care that much about flavor... or perhaps I've just never experienced good enough flavor to care :yum:

@Heroin Batman - Thanks for the input! As I've mentioned before I'm really not that picky about flavor. I think my preferences are something like Convenience > Economical > Flavor :nerd: Buut, perhaps I don't know what I'm missing out on with the Flowermate!
  • metalmancpa
    Having both the Mighty & Crafty, if you say you pretty much vape at home then between those two it's the Mighty hands down IMHO. I have not tried the dosing capsules. Since I can grind and load up the bowl loader that comes with the Mighty, it is a piece of cake to load up and vape away.
  • happytrooper
    @metalmancpa - Thanks a bunch for your input too! I missed your previous message, sorry :smile: I do see myself having a larger battery of vapes to better suit specific purposes too, but not for another few years. I'm definitely leaning towards the Mighty.. From what I can gather It's still portable enough to have in a bag if I'm going to the park with friends :grin:
  • metalmancpa
    Just consider the Mighty a 2nd alternative green stash wallet :grin: as that's about the size of it. It just doesn't hold money....well, herb is money I suppose.
  • happytrooper
    @metalmancpa - Ha! Sounds reasonable :wink:
  • Baron23
    Perhaps I'm hoping too much for the perfect "all-in-one" solution :blush:happytrooper

Well, frankly yes. You want to truly micro dose effectively but it also has to work well for a pass around with friends. Tall order there.

As for Mighty vs Crafty, IMO Mighty all of the way. The larger battery capacity seems to have resulted in a less critical, and hence more reliable, design. Also, Crafty needs an app for some functions while the Mighty has all functions on the device which I favor strongly.

Wrt to the dosing capsules, they are not as small as people think but they do have a liquid pad for them also which again can be used as a spacer for small loads.

b3ziee7nqopwmk8q.jpg
    okn2ixyx0jdfw4e2.jpg
  • FlameBeats
    what scale is this?
  • happytrooper
    @Baron23 - Thanks again, and thanks for the photos! I took the leap and ordered a Mighty! :grin:

Thanks everyone! :heart:
  • Futurevapors
    I think I worded it incorrectly there, What I meant to say is, are you looking to have a vape that will be super efficient with your material when micro dosing? Butane would be you best choice.

I seen a review on the Mighty and the reviewer said he turned on his Mighty for warming up, went away and forgot about it being on, came back 10mins later and the whole bowl was spent???? so I'm thinking if you just want to take a small hit every couple of days then an on demand butane vape might suit you better for efficiency, as soon as you turn the torch off there's 0 heat in the chamber, where as with battery vapes the heating element will take time to cool down meaning your vape will be vaping small amounts off your material without you :scream: :broken:
  • Microvaper
    I have similar requirements for my vaping and I've found that the best options for me are the dynavap M (or any other vapcap) and the milaana. Both of those allow me to use it for one (or more) draws and then put it down and go back later for more. I have an xvape fog which is a session vape much like the mighty (which I have not tried but am certain based upon reviews that is far superior to the fog) with the fog it's really not great for using for a small session then going back later for more. Even though it's largely convection, the bowl continues to be spent in-between sessions of the same bowl. As stated earlier concentrate pads can be used with a smaller amount of herb for microdosing purposes, but however much you put in the bowl with a pad, you're going to want to consume in one sitting (in my opinion) also the mighty takes quite a long time to heat up which again isn't great for multi sessions per bowl as the battery is going to get shafted alot quicker. I would have a to strongly recommend the dynavap for a mega cheap insanely efficient, as and when on demand style vape. And it butane is not your thing, the milaana is amazing! All the reviews state how it can blast you out of the atmosphere with small amounts (which it can) but I have found that with a more reserved heating technique can result in really tasty and satisfying draws that are low on the get you fucked too quickly meter!
  • happytrooper
    @Microvaper & @Futurevapors - Thanks for the further clarifications and input! I managed to get the Mighty for a really good price ($240!) so I'm not too worried - this allows me to feel better about possibly getting a dynavap too for the micro-dosing purposes and still have the Mighty for more "proper" sessions :smile: Cheers for the heads up though!
  • Microvaper
    that's awesome! I'm sure you will absolutely love the mighty!! I'd just like to point out, that if you're using the concentrate pad for your session, you should be able to use really small loads and get effective results which will allow you to take just a few hits per bowl so it will be great for you I'm sure!! Let us know how you get on! :smile:
  • Futurevapors
    Cool man, and good price! Let us know how you get on this the famous Mighty.
  • Baron23

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried cheaper ones and was not satisfied. If you want accuracy to two decimal places, then you need precision of three places. Great scale, IME.
  • FlameBeats
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube