• okla68m
    My 2nd attempt....I've Washed (water changed twice daily)1/2 oz. of ABV that has been Vaped to 186°C, one 5 minute session in a AirVape XS.
    Read a gazillion Different ways to make Everclear Concentrate. My 1st attempt, I did it Quickly, resulting in Tar basically. Sure it will Elevate? (more like diagonal)you.
    1. Both ABV in Freezer
    2. Pour Frozen Everclear over Frozen ABV, agitate
    3. Filter....WHAT MICRON SIZE...LAST TIME USED COFFEE FILTER...NO BEUNO...IMO DIDN'T FILTER ENOUGH....
    CAN I GET A BETTER FILTER AT A KITCHEN PLACE TO FILTER GREASE OR SOMETHING....
    AND.....FIRST WASH 10 MINUTES THEN FILTER...
    DO I DO A SECOND WASH(READ SO) AND A THIRD TO COMPLETE THE EXTRACTION ?
    LOOKING FOR SOMETHING "NOT" A'S "NASTY TASTING" A'S THE 1st TIME.....ADVICE ?
    (besides....throwing it Away...lol !)
  • MustB

I posted something about this a little while back and since then I've been experimenting.
    Someone suggested just dumping it straight into flavoured yoghurt. It tasted ok and I'm fairly certain I felt some effects from it. Next time, I ground it up really fine and then put it in a large mug of full cream milk, in the fridge, overnight. Next day, took it out and put some powdered chocolate into the cup, stirred well and into microwave for a few mins, as you normally would do heating a drink. You will still find remnants of material in near the bottom, so you could strain if you wanted to, but I just ate it and tbh, with the chocolate, it tasted surprisingly ok. I have also thought if the chocolate wasn't enough I might just put a little treacle on it and eat it, just to see what it's like. I'm thinking, not too bad. :chin:

Anyway, results from both were encouraging enough for me to persevere and experiment further, upping the amount. I'd say the first couple of tries were about 2 heaped tsps, so I'm basically gonna double the next try out.

Effects have been in general thus far... not smashed, but fairly fucking chilled out, to be honest. :cool:
  • okla68m
    I've tried just Eating it, a Heaping tablespoon (just be careful Not to Inhale it, cough, cough) kinda hit and miss, IMO....Vaping the ?tar I previously made, it Heavy Couchlock, Really Squint Eyed type of effect. But, If its a Good to Sleep thing...hey that's OK Too, better than just throwing out and No upset ABV Belch stomach.
  • MustB

Lol, that's really taking it to its limit. Inhaling the dust for its effects. You are badass! :)

And yeah, I agree. I can see it been a useful aid in getting some very sound zzzs and, as it doesn't seem too difficult to get the desired effects from it, why not use it instead of throwing it away?
  • okla68m
    What I'm trying to find out....Where can I get the Best Filters and do I wash more than Once with Everclear....read 2nd wash was More productime than first, but don't remember if that was with ABV or Fresh Cured....
  • lazylathe
    This is my method, just made some and it is pretty strong!

I fill a mason jar with ABV and then add water till covered. Shake every now and then and change water when discolored. I changed mine 5 times and even then it came out very light yellow.
    Smell was basically gone as well.
    Drain and get rid of as much water as possible. I squeeze mine in cheesecloth till it is basically damp.
    I use a small sauce pot that usually comes free with crock-pots.
    Plug it in and put some ABV in the bottom and then add a bit of Virgin Coconut oil.
    Wait for it to dissolve and keep doing this until you have used all your ABV and it is just covered in coconut oil, it should be fairly thick.
    Put the lid on and stir it every few hours, it should just sit and simmer slowly.
    I like to extract all I can so mine takes a week to make...
    It simmers during the day and I unplug it over night so it solidifies again. Repeat for as long as you can handle it!
    Most people do around 4 hours, I like mine strong!

When you are happy, strain it through cheese cloth again and squeeze all the oil out.
    If you water cured correctly the oil will be a nice green color.
    A teaspoon does the trick for me of the liquid oil.

You can also use the oil to make brownies or in any cooking!
  • juxt

@lazylathe has a good idea there.
    I use Source by ExtractCraft to do mine. I don't water cure the abv but I don't mind the taste, mine comes out with a strong burnt popcorn, but it's not unlike going extra long in a mighty session or something, and I'm working on a plan to add terpenes and turn it into vape liquid, which if done correctly will cover the taste well.
    Here's the basics:
    1) soak abv in 95% alcohol (however long you want, but I like mine strong as stated above so 1 week plus)
    2) freeze soaked abv overnight
    3) strain through a buchner funnel ($70 from Southern Labware) you can do multiple times but why?
    4) run output of strain through Source
    5) collect black tar extract

So far I've vaped that and it's not bad ... when you do it through the FlowerPot with new material you can't even tell really, but like I said, I'm working on a plan (thanks to @artv4nd3l4y who is an incredible resource here) to add some cutter/terpene mix to turn it into vape liquid, which I'm nervous about but excited a bit too...
  • MustB
    Wow, you guys are taking it to the next level. I was just talking about eating ABV, though I might look into these advanced Phd/NASA techniques when I've the house to myself at some point.

I'm just gonna try seeing how far I can get with eating right now though and for some reason I didn't get the
    upset ABV Belch stomachokla68m
    but maybe it was due to the small amount first used. I did this on an empty stomach though, so maybe that helped?

TBC...
  • claudz
    I recently got a hold of some nice quality material, the abv it yielded smelled better than most... quality in, quality out (is "quality abv" an oxymoron?) - long story short, I have it all in a little spice jar thing, and when I'm in the mood (usually evening) - I grab a small amount, like a pinch and kind of suck on it without chewing on it, not bad, not bad... I def feel the effect, similar to the buzz of the original vape, but oddly spacey. And weird stomach drama. More sound effects than anything else...
  • artv4nd3l4y
    Very interesting to hear extracting AVB with alcohol, I would be curious to see what kind of effects you get. It really depends on how much it was vaped, but typically AVB will be higher in CBD than THC. I don't mind AVB edibles when I put them in gelatin capsules, very relaxing from the high CBD (when I eat 12 of them that is). Not much THC effect from them though, so I imagine vaping would have a similar experience. I don't doubt it will work, I suppose it really comes down to cost for the supplies, and how much time it takes to make whether it's worth it or not. My tolerance is so high I'm thinking about just trashing all my AVB, it's pretty much worthless to me.
  • juxt

So you mentioned elsewhere how your tolerance just keeps going up... Me too brother, and this does come out much higher in CBD, but there's some stuff left in there and I get the best results from mixing all the available strains, types, delivery methods etc. So if it's only vaping you're trying to do with it it won't be as strong as reclaim or isolated extract, but when used with flower or other methods it goes a lot further for me... For example doing a FlowerPot draw with fresh flower and abv extract isn't as good as flower with pure extract, but it gives me better body effects and mellows the experience in a nice way.

I'm still working on how to mix straight extract with the abv and to get a better overall combined solution that I can then just vape, but I'll keep you informed.
  • artv4nd3l4y

I'm still working on how to mix straight extract with the abv and to get a better overall combined solution that I can then just vapejuxt

Why not just mix the straight extract into the abv before you go to soak it in alcohol? Alcohol will do fine for both, or are you more looking for a bit extra flavor with adding terps or something? How are you purging the alcohol before vaping? That's really the most important part, don't want to be vaping alcohol.
  • juxt

Remember I'm using the Source extractor, so I get my ABV out pure with that but it's dark sickly green, as in green when swiped but black at 1mm thick. It doesn't taste bad to me, just like normal burnt popcorn, but it is more CBD by volume because it's ABV. If i mix more pure eucalyptus extract in there it's a more 'full spectrum' option. Does that make sense? I really do respect your opinion here and want to know what you think.

Also, I got some bullionnaire and space ace stuff today too....lab tested bro, unbelievable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment