• Bud
    Great production by Pete nice job man :ok:

The way it heats flower is not for me but I'm glad others are diggin it :100:
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • MMongo
    Finally got to try one. Holy crap it’s big haha. Seemed fine for ‘trates but the bowl of flower I tried just didn’t seem to work to my liking. Went on 3 standard setting and it tasted toasty immediately and while not crumbly was definitely black as can be. Didn’t like the taste at all.
  • Karec
    That AVB doesn't look great..... not even at mid temp... high temp looks nasty black, portable but not that portable (like a mighty) and being portable for me is one way closer to break all that glass @VapeCritic butter hands will be tested once again... :lol: :rofl: :lol: :cool:
    Not judging vape quality and taste because i didnt try it but if you're into a xmas light vape this is a must :lol: :rofl: :lol: :cool:
    I think is useful comparing to the EVO (conduction) although the Switch is induction, heat time and cordless wouldn't make me go for this since im a session user, btw and whats the price?
    Cheers
  • Namekian
    This looks pretty sick! Are you getting one of these @VapeCritic? :)
  • Baron23
    for EVO maybe you meant convection??

Any way, tired of folks trying to make a Swiss Army knife of a vape. Just make one to do either flower or concentrate and do that very well. Then forget trying to spin everybody about how it does it all well when we know better.

Just my view.
  • MMongo
    Yeah I tried a couple more bowls of flower and I guess I don’t get it. Not for me at all. Cannot stand that overheated taste it has. Tried even lowest setting and I just get wispy thin vapor and still some of the ABV is coal black. Tried different grinds and firm vs loose pack. Fine for concentrates though. I’d not place it on the same level as Peak but close and I’m pretty dialed in with Peak. Would need to play with switch temps more to get it closer to what I enjoy.
  • Namekian
    Damn, I was thinking of using this for flower, do you get huge clouds from it though or does the vapor density not really match the coal black ABV?
  • MMongo

Vapor production isn’t that special really. It’s very hard to explain. The effects are fine but to me it just tastes overheated and more like smoke than vapor. I tried in on a few different settings and even at lower temp it’s just less vapor but still has that hot taste.

Honestly it’s one of the worst flower vape experiences I’ve ever had.

Not saying it can’t be figured out with time and such but I have a LOT of vapes so I am pretty confident in technique it’s either just requires a whole new skill set OR this thing is broken haha
  • Cl4ud3
    Even the reviewers are saying it has a smokey taste and that isn't something I'm interested in with vaping. It sounds a lot like they are forcing flower mode into it.
    You can get an overheated taste with a VapCap quite easily and that isn't something you try to replicate so why they are trying here is beyond me.
  • BigStraw
    You like your Peak? I have read so many conflicting reviews and user experiences with it and the company that it has scared me off. Leaning towards the Switch, but your comments are interesting in that you don't feel the Switch is on the same level as the Peak.
  • MMongo

I’ve not had a single issue with the Peak. Not sure if that’s just luck or what. I have used it at least 3-4 times a day since I got it and I was one of the first.

I’ve read about all the bad experiences but mine has been the opposite.

Love it so much I got a custom glass for it.

jccs0i6ggmphynao.jpeg

I use it on green, lightly qtip after each dab, have torched the bucket maybe 4 or 5 times. Gently ISO and qtip the atomizer and SS surround maybe 3 times.

If I knew for a fact you’d have same experience I’d say it’s a no brainer between it and the Switch, but given the issues I can only state my experience with it.
  • BigStraw
    Love the glass! Thanks for sharing your experiences. Have you had to replace the atomizer? I guess that is where the Switch might shine being induction and not having to replace an expensive atomizer. It would be interesting to me if you can get the Switch to the same liking for concentrates as the Peak
  • MMongo

I haven’t had to replace atomizer, knock on wood. I’m sure the switch is equally capable of quality dabs, it has a lot of temps to choose from. Luck I suppose that green on Peak is perfect for my liking. I plan to revisit concentrates with the switch I was just more interested in trying flower more since that’s it’s hook, doing both.
  • BigStraw
    Can't wait to hear more about your experiences with the Switch, both concentrates and leaf, and your ongoing comparisons to the Peak.

Hope all pre-orders get shipped soon, to get many more opinions.

Patiently waiting... :)
  • artv4nd3l4y

Everyone I know that moved onto concentrates rarely touch flower anymore.Gman

Interesting, the funny part is this used to be me but not anymore. I used to vape concentrates only because of the strength, plus at the time it was very cost effective. Now though, personally I find that concentrates aren't as cost effective (even at $30 a g for shatter) when I vape them in comparison to flower (under $9 a g). Using the THC content as a comparison (though that's not the only difference), I found I needed far too much concentrates to get the same effect. Of course, the effects you get from concentrates will be different, the flower effects are generally more drowsy but I don't get the same tiredness from concentrates.

Really, I prefer to use flower, concentrates, and edibles regularly at the same time. Each one gives you a unique high that another can't, so they are just great together. Now, I can't get the desired effect unless I use flower, concentrates, and edibles in combination, but great effects they produce indeed!
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Bud
    This is nutty it’s the exact opposite for me, concentrates weigh me down and make my brain foggy, even just a little per day.

I can vape/smoke flower all day and not get tired at all.

Also I can’t help but notice that the effects from flower are more well-rounded and stimulating, entourage effect?

I barely use trates now because of this, just a little here and there otherwise i start to feel crappy.
  • Karec
    yeah i feel the same, concentrates are heavier and weigh me down, and flower i feel more light and active especially if i use sativa
    funny how affects humans :lol: :rofl: :lol:
    i think i will never leave flower but concentrates are a new found love
    Cheers
  • Mayro
    I finally made an account as I had to comment on what you just said VapeCritic. I agree 100% that dabs are a waste of money and most of the time the quality of the product that you are going to get is going to be absolutely worthless. As a medicinal user, oil does nothing for me. It has to be in flower or it is not medicine for me. Kief is another good option / Bubble hash as it is basically just getting the trichomes off of the plant matter.

Where I live, even the quality of our medical cannabis is shit because of the monopoly they are allowing.
  • Baron23
    Great production by Pete nice job man :ok:VapeCritic

I agree. I like Pete's reviews in general, I like his energy and positivity, and think he does a good job overall.

But with respect to flower, I do think Pete is spinning this story like a number of other reviewers.

Personally, I think the "no oxygen environment" is laughably stupid. So, there is nothing to remove the oxygen from the chamber and its not a sealed containment vessel so clearly more air gets in ( you do draw on it, after all) so I think that part of the spin is just BS. Its right up there with biogassification. LOL

Looking at that black, carbonized AVB and having reviewers (more than just Pete) saying "well, its not ash" reminds me of the story of The Emperor's New Suit of Clothes. Yeah, right.

And saying that in this respect it may appeal to MJ smokers....come on, really? That's a very weak defense. If it appeals to smokers cause it tastes like smoke, they they should save the $500 and keep on smoking. haha

I do imagine it will work fine for 'trates but as I have often opined, boiling off naturally volatile 'trates ain't a hard trick. We used to do it with hot butter knives and a drinking straw. So, while I see no reason why induction heated conduction won't do concentrates perfectly well, I question why anyone would need that added complexity for that purpose.

The switch is not on my list of devices to get and, while it may please many others, I'm rather disappointed in the spin job that Dabber is clearly orchestrating. It insults my intelligence.
  • juxt

I'm open to let you send me the extract that you couldn't get in the SAI the other day if that's how you feel ;)

Fractional distillate does the best for me, but the stuff I've been doing with the Source and squishing is very good. Also I do tend to get more of a spectrum of effects with flower, but maybe because of the other chemicals. I'm not sure that I get more tired from one or the other, or if I just keep going until I get there either way ;)

Also, love Sneaky Pete! I do hope the switch turns out to be good, I honestly had no idea it would be as big as it looks from what I've seen.
  • G-love
    I agree with Bud and some of the others here - Flower is King! I was heavily into concentrates for a while and for the same reasons they listed I am 95 percent flower now. Some of the concentrates out here in Cali have a taste that is just beyond. Strong effects too. But it wears off fast for me. And it is not as holistic overall. The bud out here is some of the best in the world. With a Mighty and MV1 for flower all is ok with me. I was really excited about the Switch because if I did want to medicate with concentrates and flower from one well built device I am for it! But why did they release it with the problem with flower? And as well built as it looks why not just make it in the United States? Dr. Dabber does offer custom blown glass that is made in the USA.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment