• Ryanme123
    Howdy all seem be Combusting on highest standard level on the vape trying not to overfill it cheers all !!
  • Aj85
    Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Sorry im not personally familiar with the Ghost MV1. So I’m just going to tag @VapeCritic @ghost-ops @Cl4ud3 @ghostvapesofficial for you so that someone may be able to help you out when they’re next on the forum.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Cl4ud3
    Have you updated the firmware at all ? I had combustion before updating but that was with custom 5. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the faults can offer assistance here.
  • ZRN
    Hi @Ryanme123 - have you looked at the videos Ghost put out? There are a lot of variables to making the MV1 work properly. But, with a bit of persistence you will be able to enjoy. One thing I've had some trouble with is getting both the old and new heat sink to seal and not leak. You are correct you could be packing the crucible too tightly, air must pass easily through your material. I've also discovered different batches of material vaporize somewhat differently and I get better results from one batch to the next when I adjust my draw slightly. One batch may need a gentle inhale for longer at the 1st draw than the previous batch did. Look at the videos, experiment a little. To be a bit more direct; I've found that these units overheat when for what ever reason too much heat builds up below the crucible. Packing, rate of draw, material variability, how long you mash the button each could be the culprit.
    There are a few things to look at and experiment with until someone more knowledgeable and articulate than I will come on to help you. The MV1 is a very good vaporizer once you get yourself dialed in but the best thing is their customer support.

Z
  • juxt
    I agree with @Cl4ud3 first thing to try is to update your firmware.

Some other tips:
    - If you're using 'super dry' material as is suggested, maybe go a little bit less dried out. I used the 49 boveda with mine at first but found better vape at the 58.
    - If you're packing too tightly and/or drawing too strong you can create hotspots in the crucible where the air isn't flowing correctly because certain parts are too packed or it doesn't provide enough airflow.
  • BestBuds
    Try pushing the stem in to create more resistance and therefore slowing down your draw.

Also when I am packing a crucible I tap my filling spoon on the crucible to settle the herb into place. It seems to get me the best pack every time.
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @Ryanme123

Sorry for the delayed response to this and thanks to the others who have posted their advice. I think (tell me if I’m wrong) you’re a relatively recent purchaser so you’re not talking here about a device that has suddenly started doing this.

I would second the advice above - have a look at the usage videos we’ve released and check there’s no upgrade waiting to be installed. Ensure your heatsink is airtight (remove it and press it into the palm of one hand and try to draw - you shouldn’t be able to get any airflow through the stem) - let us know if you can. Experiment with different loading, draw speed and stem height, once you get yourself dialled in to the sweet spot of your device you’ll be all set.

MV1s that combust material due to an actual device fault are very rare indeed and I’m confident that with a little more time and the tips above you’ll find the usage that suits you and your material. Do let us know either here or direct to our CS team on if you continue to have problems and we’ll do whatever is needed to get you fixed up.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • rft360
    ...get a crafty...save 130 bucks just saying....
  • Ryanme123

Had a crafty dude it was good but not as good as this ghost mv1.. the crafty needed a bigger battery and I find the Vaping better overall from the mvone better effect and Less in the chamber
  • Ryanme123
    @ghostOps thank you very much mate I will be sure to check these things out and I did only recently just purchase a new vaporizer
  • Benzo100
    Here's a photo of my MV1 with less than a month and a half of use with it. The unit is literally peeling apart in several locations. Unacceptable.

Vapor production is spotty at best even after a new HS. It's a complete guessing game as to if the unit will even produce during a session.

Ridiculous.

0uhb3rb5vwpn94ak.jpg
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @Benzo100

You’re right, cosmetic issues like this - and so soon - are not what you should be seeing. This has affected a small number of customers and I’d urge you to contact our CS team who can let you know the options available.

From the look of it you’ve already been in touch with them if you have a replacement heat sink. The MV1 operates consistently - if you power on a take a draw on level 3 one day, and do the same the day after, it’ll be doing exactly the same thing both days. If you’re only getting vapor one of those days, it strongly suggests there are other factors causing this. If the heat sink itself has not resolved this then again I’d again ask you to contact our support team to figure these out - we are always available (public holidays allowing) to help our customers. You might already have done so in which case PM me the ticket number or email address you use so we (I’m tagging our head of CS @GhostWhitney) can track down the relevant details.

We don’t want ‘ridiculous’ to be what you take away from the MV1 and will do whatever we can to sort you out.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • ghost-ops
    @Ryanme123 thanks and keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks

GhostOps
  • metalmancpa
    Simply put, I do find the Ghost MV1 a bit finicky.

It is not a "simple" vape to use. It requires some effort at all levels, from loading to cleaning unlike other vapes that are relatively simpler in comparison. The MV1 has taken a bit more time to master for me as compared to others.

I purchase my vapes to fill specific needs, and the MV1 had one, an on demand at home take hits over time vape. I have excellent session vapes. The Ghost has yet to combust on me, and hopefully that means I have learned how to use it to its best efficiency.
  • Ryanme123

Hey guys just letting you know man updated firmwire shes running a lot better it's really got some little trix to this machine but I'm figuring it out
  • Wallace
    Hi I won antes MV1 from bud and hate to complain about gifts but ... I do get burnt herb if I take a long (until It vibrates again) slow pulls on he 5th setting. And in order to avoid It i must stop engaging and pulling as soon as i notice It geting to close to combusting.
    Also if i try to do 2 crucibles back to back on the 5th setting ... Most times after the second pull on the second crucible, the unit Will over heat and the red light flashes.
    If The battery if left in the unit over night it Will be dead or almost desde in the next morning and I hace never been able to get more than 3 to mabye 4 loads of of one full charge before it dies.

I also have the pealing issue since almost day 1
    But since i live un Spain and just getting It by custumbs cost me 50€ ... Well dont know what yo do... Because sending It out of Europe... Isint a great idea.
  • Wallace
    @ghost-ops any sugestions
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @Wallace
    Sorry it's taken me a little longer than I'd like to get back to you on this. Sounds like you have 2 separate issues to address, the apparent overheating and battery life.

Have you tried increasing your draw speed a little to see if this helps? Increasing the height of the stem to reduce draw resistance can also help. If you're not drawing enough air through the crucible, heat will be building up in the oven, which can start overheating your material and will definitely lead to an overheat warning in the device itself.

On your battery please confirm something for me to narrow down where any potential problem might lie. After your final draw for the day, do you simply put the device to the side and leave it? If so, next time please note the remaining charge then remove and replace the battery, which will put the device back into Shipping Mode, and let me know if you see the same depletion by the morning.

Don't worry, if it turns out that we need to provide a replacement of any sort we can arrange it so that there will be no further customs charges needing to be paid.

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • RobbieK
    I've not even used my vape just yet and connected it fine with the app and then saw a firmware update was due so clicked to update it but then all of a sudden the app closed, the update failed and all that happens is 3 yellow flashing lights side to side. Ive tried to reconnect again but these lights just flash continuously and nothing else happens... Someone please help been charging this up all night before use!!
    @VapeCritic @ghost-ops @Cl4ud3 @ghostvapesofficial
  • Cl4ud3
    Will tag @ghost-ops here so you get an official reply. I'm not up on the faults unfortunately because my vape hasn't had issues :sad:
    I have heard of this fault though and will check to see if I can find what the fix was. If not I'm sure someone else will know and help.
  • RobbieK
    thank you, I've read a few faqs and tried reading through some of these forums, it's done it a few times on updates but said you need to reconnect your phone and vape again but I'll wait till these yellow lights go off and try again maybe might work.
  • Cl4ud3
    Try removing the battery and resetting the phone, if no success I would wait for @ghost-ops to reply.
  • RobbieK
    Thanks, it's working now just very finicky worse than the crafty app and the holding of the buttons, knowing when it's ready seems like a struggle. Still trying to vape my first chamber..
  • Cl4ud3
    It can seem quite fiddly at first but I'm sure you will get the hang of it and it will become second nature. The Ghost official user videos are a good start guide or @VapeCritic 's later tips videos.
  • ghost-ops
    Thanks @Cl4ud3 for the tag

@RobbieK have you got through the update issue you were having? At a guess you're probably on an Android device; we are still working on developments to stabilise the Android app and a few handsets continue to prove particularly difficult.

The videos are a good place to start, there are plenty out there. In terms of when the device is ready, if you're using dry herb (which you should only use on the amber or one and two red temperature settings), then in vape mode press the vape button. There is a short preheat process and when the device gives a long buzz and the scanning LEDs change to flashing, make sure you keep the vape button pressed and start your draw. If you're using concentrates (only on the 3 red temperature setting) then start to draw immediately you press the vape button until the second long buzz - this preheats the material - then as soon as you can, press and draw again for as long as you want.

You'll get it down soon I have no doubt but we are always here to help if there's something you're having real problems with :up:

Thanks
    GhostOps
  • Gonzo
    May want to add a link to the Android app to the website, otherwise you probably are losing potential customers since it looks like you only supports IOS.
  • ghost-ops
    Thanks @Gonzo, this was actually picked up by someone our side at the end of last week so it'll be updated soon but appreciated you flagging it :up:

Thanks
    GhostOps
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube