• AdamBlaze
    Hi, i would like to get some help on choosing my first vape pen. propably for medium/heavy use and i am thinking of buying the Linx Hermes 2. any other i should consider?
    i am going to use it through out the day several times.

and how long does the atomizer last?
  • PuffItUp
    I personally would spring for a saionara with a small box mod and use CBD shatter or something similar.
  • Baron23
    Randy - why suggest CBD shatter when the person never indicated a medical need??
  • AdamBlaze
    it's also for medical need. I have anxiety and depression. I have been taking (Gabapentin) and (sertraline). Sertraline i got from my doctor for the depression, but it also should help with the anxiety i was told. Gabapentin i got from my psychiatrist affiliated with the rehab center, wich should help me against the need for smoking weed and probably painkillers, and also help me with the anxiety i was told. but the doctor and the psychiatrist wrote on the label that it's (against the need for smoking weed).

i am not taking anymore any medicin from my doctor or the psychiatrist. i stopped with gabapentin in August/september 2017 and dropped the Sertraline in november 2017.
    i stopped smoking weed in the beginning of April 2018, now it's 7 weeks. i started training a lot (Running, lifting weight and so on) and i am happy for that, it helps me calm down and gives me a nice feeling in the body and mentally. i have plans on starting practicing Mindfulness, but i feel that use of CBD oil and Terpenes would also be a great addition to help me along with my depression and anxiety.
    I live in Denmark, and i am sorry to say, but i am very dissapointed with our system. i know we probably get a good mention on how good our system is. But trust me there's a lot of flaws and incompetence. specially regarding the use for CBD oil. some doctor's will subcribe it and some won't. however i am not buying it on a recept because it's a lot more expensive. and i don't trust any doctor or psychiatrist, based on my experience. Trust is something you need to gain when you have several meetings with your doctor/psychiatrist to sort of see or feel if they are competent enough to take care of your health.

so now you are saying CBD shatter? i thought that e-liquid CBD/CBD oil and e-liquid terpenes are good enough, based on all the comments, reviews i have read so far from people :)?

why CBD shatter instead of CBD oil/e-liquid CBD/e-liquidTerpenes? if you could please also give me an explanation also when you give advice on choosing the vape pen, CBD oil and so on.i am still a newbie to this :)

And thanks a lot i really appreciate all of your help and suggestions. Thank you so much :)
  • PuffItUp
    He made the post talking about CBD oil and shatter is cheaper per gram of CBD than the mixed oils are. CBD shatter is in the oils

This is Zakk btw not Randy, I've taken over most of the social media.

EDIT: on top of that I personally think the SAI would be a more robust and longer lasting option, especially if they already have a box mod or someone in the family can lend them one
  • Baron23
    Hi Zakk - ah, missed that in the post title. Dang phone!! LOL

Also, I agree that there are better devices than the Herm├Ęs.

Thanks for the reply.
  • AdamBlaze
    thanks a lot again for your answers. i think i will go with the saionara, but i have also been looking at the source orb 4 slim and linx hypnos zero. i know i said that it's propably for medium/heavy use. but i could be wrong, the reason i said that is because before i stopped smoking cannabis or actually skunk i used to smoke a lot and the strains i smoked (Amnesia Haze, banana kush,Skywalker OG kush and so on) are strains with high THC. i just preffered the strongest strains and the storng hits i got. and just remember i am from Denmark, it is illegal to grow and smoke cannabis so it's difficult to get the best strains unless you have good connections and know people, which i do. however CBD is legal because it is the THC they have made illegal. and the CBD has been classified as medicinal here in Denmark, which means you can't legally buy CBD oil/shatter from a shop. only online shop, because online shop or internet purchase is under the European union law. and like i stated before it's more expensive to get it through your doctor on a receipt to then get it in a pharmacy. so it's actually legal to open your Online shop to sell CBD oil/Shatter in denmark and then ship it or mail it, but you can't open up a normal shop so you can buy it over the counter. plus you also need a permission to make Cbd with industrial hemp from the danish drug administration. it's a bit complicated and so fucking stupid, but thats thanks to the politicians and the lovely "representativ democracy" everyone loves so much. in germany for example they have classified it as a supplement, therfore in Germany it is legal to open your own shop so people can buy it over the counter. however i am not sure if they also have to get some sort of permission from their drug administration.

cbd crumble is it the same as wax? and should i only buy the cbd wax that has been extracted with CO2 and not alcohol?
  • Baron23
    i think i will go with the saionara, but i have also been looking at the source orb 4 slim and linx hypnos zero.AdamBlaze

I don't know much about CBD wax/shatter so perhaps @PuffItUp will respond to you inquiries above on that subject.

As I said, I have never used a SAI but they seem to be very well liked by people I know who are very experienced vaporists.

I do have a Linx Zero and like it very much. Well made, sleek, good feel to hand. To me, its a bit more of a sipper than a ripper but if you put it on high temp you can get good solid hits.

I do also have the Source Orb 4...not slim but the regular one. I run it off of a box mod as when I do use it, I prefer the Source Nail type atomizers that require a bit more wattage than the coil type atomizers (see links below).

https://www.sourcevapes.com/blogs/instructions-manuals-and-tips/source-orb-4-coils
    https://sourcevapes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000154886-What-s-each-4-Series-atomizer-for-and-their-specs-settings-

Good luck but I think any of these three are good "pens" (disclosure, I almost always use an enail these days so my pen type devices are collecting some dust lately).

Cheers
  • PuffItUp
    @AdamBlaze I can really only recommend the sai, divinetribe v3, and the puffco. I have tried all three and they are fantastic, the puffco doesn't hit nearly as hard as the other two and is harder to clean though. The linx is probably similar to the puffco in that aspect, but take that with a grain of salt. I will put their products on my list of stuff to try out!

All of my cbd comes from the states, crumble is just another form of shatter. Do you have an example of alcohol extracted cbd? Throw us a link please if you do.

@Baron23 just tagging you so you can see my answer as well

-Zakk

Mod fixed tags
  • AdamBlaze
    Thanks a lot for your input guys, i really appreciate that. i will read up on the links you gave @Baron23 and the review from vapecritic and others on the differen't pens before posting more questions. I have only watched his videos.

@PuffItUp. here is the link: https://stevesgoods.com/product/cbd-wax/

2 line before it says "CHECK TEST RESULTS!" it says "Organic Medical Hemp, Alcohol and Water, Made in Colorado" and also further down in the first line in the description it says "CBD Wax or CBD Crumble is produced with just alcohol and water"

Which means it's been extracted with alcohol and water right? but it seem's pretty legit and good quality since he also is posting test results?
  • PuffItUp
    Steve is legit, I actually worked with him last year when he opened up shop. He seems to have exploded since then. I'm not sure what his extraction method (or rather his supplier's extraction method) involves, I'll have to look into it.
  • AdamBlaze
    Thats great to here. and like i stated he posts analysis of his product which is really good and important for the customer. i know that most common use is CO2 to extract CBD. Alcohol i suppose is the cheapest way? and as far as i recall i have read that CBD extracted with Alcohol can affect the taste when you vape it. i also remember to have read that there is a third way to extract CBD besides with Alcohol/ethanol and CO2, which not many use i don't remember what it was but i remember it cost more and was the best way besides with CO2. I have to research more on it.
  • juxt
    Alcohol extraction is actually usually distillation, either with closed or open-loop systems. They just use alcohol to strip the goodies off your plant material then 'distill' or 'evaporate' off the alcohol and you are left with whatever it picked up from the plant. I recommend closed-loop systems. The alcohol used in this process is 190 proof, and rather tasteless other than a strong alcohol burn and is not present in appreciable volume in the output product.

The other type is butane. It's probably used more than CO2, much cheaper. Same concept as some of the other types, it's just an agent to 'extract' the goodies from your plant material, but in this case it's wildly explosive. Do not try at home. People who try to boil off the liquid butane routinely blow up their houses. This is technically also 'distilling' the extract.

BTW you can also press rosin, and if you happen to have a high CBD plant you can press that CBD right outta there, it doesn't even have to be decarbed.
  • AdamBlaze
    Thanks for the answer! i haven't had much time to read up on the HVT Sai. but i just read this forums thread, (i still need to read the thread on reddit).

I'm leaning more an more on buying the HVT Sai kit https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/saionara-atomizer-pico-kit-black/ . my question for now is: how long does the atomizer and different coils last?

and i am going to use it everyday, how many draws/hits do you get from it? let's say you put 0,1 gram CBD wax in it?
  • AdamBlaze
    i want to ask you since i am going with the https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/saionara-atomizer-pico-kit-black/ . i need to flash the pico mod? how do i do that exactly? and should i buy some extra coils?
  • juxt

I bought several coils with mine to try and a pack of 5 Ti bucket coils because I know I like those, and I'm still on my first 2 Ti atomizers about 3 months on. They're stained, but I haven't even soaked them they're that clean (anyone who know's me knows I like clean).

I'm a pretty heavy user of my own stuff, so your mileage may vary. The only CBD I've ever tried was from a gas station and it was rancid. So .1 is actually maybe too much for the concentrate that I have been getting lately, so maybe a little less. I don't measure it each time, I just chunk it off or scoop it up, etc. I do about a 5 minute session and I'm medicated. I get going about half way through, and am pretty good by the end. Next session maybe 1/2 hour later or whatever, same amount 5 minutes good to go for a while.

On the pico, my understanding is you only have to flash it if you want to use the temp mode and profiles with that mod. You can use wattage mode, or use a different mod with multiple modes like the cuboid or the geek vape which I use. That link you had there is not the Top Air Flow version so you won't be able to use the buckets since they block the air paths, you'll only be able to use the coils and magic ones, but not an issue if you don't need buckets.
  • AdamBlaze
    hmm..i'm not sure now since you point it out for me, i guess it will give me a better adjustment to how i like my draws/hits with the top air flow ? which kit would you recommend i buy?
  • juxt

That's right, you can buy a regular kit + a TAF top like your first sentence or you can buy a pure TAF kit that only has one top like your second link. I would buy a couple of atomizers at least. I like the bucket ones, but if you're never tried coils it might be worth a shot to try them, some people swear by them.

You can also just buy the TAF SAI and then buy a better two battery mod for it like the CUBOID

Lot's of options here, it's hard to get it too wrong.
  • PuffItUp

Pretty sure flashing a mod is just changing the firmware, similar to how you would custom flash a rom onto a phone. (if you ever have jailbroken an iphone or something similar with android you have done this)

My pico came ready to go though.

-z
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube