• Taz
    Does anyone have some thoughts about this thing? geffmsne6th0amv8.jpg
    Very simular to a Nugsmasher mini by the looks.
    Would be more interested in a mini because of quality. But freight is a bit more as half a mini. :scream:
    Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Baron23
    does it have a name and a website?
  • Taz
    I think i found it on http://www.devilpress.co.uk/ . But it's been sold on DH gate as well.
    DEVIL SMASHER MINI S13 it's called on the uk site

mod added correct link
  • Baron23
    Yep, sure looks like a cheaper Chinese knockoff of the Nugsmasher Mini.

I don't think any of us can tell about the comparative build quality between the two from just pictures of them.

This looks like it on DHGate, yeah?
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/tuopuke-mini-rosin-press-hydraulic-5ton-pressure/407838884.html#s1-16-1b;srp|0187160105

I note on the UK site, they didn't bother to clean up the language in the description so they seem like rather lazy resellers of the Chinese press but I really dunno if this machine is any good or not.

My issue with both of them is no pressure gauge. I would rather have a pressure gauge on any press no matter the size but that's me.

Cheers
  • Taz
    @Baron23 yep thats it.

Funny thing that the Brits seem not to care about a "couple" of spelling mistakes.
    English is also not my first language but I try and learn.
    Just thought its an alternative.
    But with no reviews and being from China I might wait until there's the right setup for me.
  • Cmatz
    Ooooooiiii

3.5 g sour OG bottle tech 197° 5 minutes
  • Baron23
    Very nice. Five minutes...wow, that's a bit longer than most vids/etc I have seen recommend. Did you run that long simply because it was still oozing out or ???
  • Cmatz
    @Baron23
    Yes still oozing.

I cant tell the difference between 5 minutes and 3 minutes. Except one thing. Usually I do a 2nd and a 3rd press on new paper. This time the 2nd produced less than what the 3rd usually does.

I wish I had bought the $700 nug smasher instead of the mini. I know lack of pressure is making me press longer.
  • Baron23
    Thanks!....yeah, I don't have a press yet. Going to look at a used higher end press in a couple of weeks but having a lot of pressure capacity and a gauge are kind of on my list of requirements. But that takes us to the Nugsmasher XP with 12 tons, a gauge, and discounted now to $1,300.

I note that they really are trying to sell an AL plate with rubber legs as a $200 cold rosin collector plate. Wow, $200, I bet that goes on sale soon also.

Nugsmasher seems to be pretty popular in the home press category and folks seem to be having good luck with then. I'm sure you will continue to do fine with your Mini.
  • Gman
    You should never have to press for 5 minutes, 3 max most of the time. You can always do a second press if you feel you didn't get it all the first time.
  • Cmatz
    No change in taste or color for me, so ~1 min warm up/slow press, then about 3-3.5 mins of actual pressing.

@Baron23
    Ummm that plate is dumb. I bought 2 aluminum plates on Amazon for like $10. (Basically aluminum over pans about 6"×4", works perfectly... and I have 2!!

Mini prolly not good enough, I'd go with 12 ton, but haven't used anything other than my mini.
  • Triad
    Just got NS mini last week ordered the roundplates but they sent me the one with square.i'm new to rosin pressing . He told me you get the same results with either.If their is a difference which one do think gets better resuts?
  • Gman
    square are better since you can do directional flow with hash easier. You'll still do bottle tech style round filters.
  • Taz
    Newvape just posted this video of a Vacuum press.

Hope the link works. https://youtu.be/8ec-nT4MM3U
  • Baron23
    Looks like a hydro pump for pressure and a vacuum pump to reduce pressure inside of the press plates. Notice the channel or cavity around the pressing area on the plates. I'm presuming the thought is to press with reduce pressure inside of the plate cavity to better induce rosin to flow....where...into the channel?

But nah, that can't be it. Got to want to keep it on the parchment or whatever you are using so as to be able to collect it after so I'm not totally clear on how this would be employed.

As far as I understand, this vid was of a prototype for testing and is still a science experiment (and good on NV for doing so) than a proven enhancement to presses. Just need to wait and see what comes of their testing but wow...that's a lot of added complexity.

Maybe for commercial pressing but a vacuum pump for home use...eh, I'm not feeling the burning desire but again, we have yet to see employment concept and results. NV may be on to something here, perhaps.
  • Gman
    I love the idea of parchment less pressing. I hope they figure it out. Not sure this vacume will help much. It can't pull from deep in the material I doubt.
  • Baron23
    I can't see how it would be parchment less, though. I mean, plates are fixed into the frame and you need parchment or the like in order to be able to collect.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • juxt
    Yeah you still need the parchment, you wouldn't be able to collect it off the plates very well.. The idea is that the vacuum helps pull the resin through the bag better, but I agree with Gman it won't pull from the center .... I do wonder if the wax doesn't just fly toward the pump intake :)
  • Gman
    I've been working on a paperless press. You can just have tiny plates and let it fall on paper. But I want to try to avoid squishing on paper soon just in case we are getting silicone in there.
  • juxt
    Sure, I just meant on that one they showed in the NV video. In theirs the plates are inside a metal chamber, harder to even reach in.

Are you going to press vertical so it drips out of the plates? I saw some folks try that. I also saw some talk about using heated, perforated rollers but again collection was a problem.
  • Gman
    No I just do bottle tech on round plates and have the parchment around the edge and scrape up any oil that stays on the plate. But most makes it off.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet