• VapeCritic
    FINALLY - LOL

• Sue
    Wow! Wasn't expecting this kind of review. I may cancel my pre-order since one of the reasons I really wanted it was to use it out and about. I liked the stealth factor.
  • Baron23
    Hi Bud - just saw your review and as always I thank you for your honesty and openness about what you found and of course the clarity and of your presentation.

I am definitely not trying to poke you about your comments, they are your views and as you may have known from some of my postings, I'm not a fan of vape manufactures that still act like this is a cottage industry and not mainstream business with appropriate expectations for performance.

But, I did want to point out a couple of things and see what your thoughts are:

1. The pen type pocket clip - if you say its cheap feeling, then I'm with you as I think your aesthetic tastes are excellent. But you seem to question why they made this vape look like a pen to a great extent and all I can think of is stealth which seems to be a valued evaluation criteria of yours in the past. Now stealth ain't a strong factor to me, but if it was then the explanation about why to make it look like a pen seems a bit...well, perhaps obvious.

2. The other is the clicker (on/off switch) and you seem to object to how it felt. I'm not exactly clear on what the objections are on this feature. Does it just feel rough in its movement or is it simply the degree of resistance (how hard you have to push it). If the later, again this seems to make great sense as other vape companies are making us "push the button five times really fast" which is a PIA in my view but I do understand the need for some degree of safety, particularly in a pocket unit such as this. Just saying, if I was to buy one, I'm not sure I would mind that the pressure required to actuate the on/off switch was a bit high as that seems to be a safety feature.

In any and all cases, thank you so much for your review. I do rely heavily on your findings to guide me and your objectivity in the vape review arena is unmatched in my reading/viewing.

Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Cheers
  • AVENTUS
    Sucks that it gets so damn hot. And that THE ONLY WAY you use it, is through a rig.

I remember seeing this when it was first proposed, and thinking it seemed like an excellent product, for vaping flower.

Which gets hotter Bud? The grasshopper or PUFFCO+ ?
  • Sue
    Also, this is like the first review I ever remember you doing without talking about cleaning and maintenance. You seem like you hate this thing
  • Hitz
    Gotta be one of my favorite reviews >:O >:O >:O !!! Bummer this vape comes up short :(
    pkioytitncymv1kj.gif
  • Sue
    Dude, why were you like throwing the box around and treating this thing like it's the biggest POS you've ever seen? I've never seen you act this way....... you just seemed so disgusted and pissed off.
  • Chandler
    Gotta be one of my favorite reviews >:O >:O >:O !!! Bummer this vape comes up short :(Hitz
    lmao! agreed!! i was dying right off the bat!! pure comedy. later when i have time, i need to load my Crafty and rewatch.

Dude, why were you like throwing the box around and treating this thing like it's the biggest POS you've ever seen? I've never seen you act this way....... you just seemed so disgusted and pissed off.Sue
    lol! yea. its obviously a big dissapointment..... what a review!! too funny!

@VapeCritic Official Score/Rating?
  • Hitz
    Exactly (Y), couldn't have said it any better
  • Chandler
    @Hitz Trust me! lol, i'll be chuckling over this review for the rest of the day!!
  • shaolinmilk
    The worst review you have ever done and I'm a huge fan of yours. Please be more professional next time and not make your bias come through like this. It's clear as day you don't like this vape as you spend very little time speaking about the positives. I'm not going to be one of those people and say you're a shill for other companies, but from this review alone I'm having trouble steering my thought process away from this line of thinking.
  • Sue
    this was my least favorite review too.
  • Aj85
    great, funny and truthful video!

It's hard to stay completely unbiased but also remain completely honest when you clearly don't like something!

I personally only watched the video because I wanted to know your personal opinions on the vape (ive seen and read plenty of other GH reviews and wanted to know your opinions) and now I do, so thank you!

All the best,

Aj.
  • Chandler
    Damn. looking at the youtube comments, its funny/interesting how many people didn't enjoy the review... Having high hopes and expectations, plus perhaps being on a multi month preordered wait, has left many people salty?....

i'd like to hear more of Buds commentary on this video review... I think he is purposely showing this unforgiving attitude because of the (overhyped) high expectations, poor preorder marketing, and after all, delivering ultimately an underwhelming product. By making the video comical i kind of feel or understand his distaste.... thats just me. Bud is respected by many so i also can see why some would be put off by his attitude.... i appreciate the honesty, and enjoyed the review. glad it finally came so i can cast a GH off my list. also glad i didnt let my love of gadgets compel me to pull the trigger on this and the FF2. thanks Bud.
  • Baron23
    Well, this is a first. I have seen Bud get some criticism (hopefully all constructive) from some who thought he was being too easy on a vape (not being critical enough) to but this is the first time I'm seen him jumped on for giving a negative critical review.

I don't have a GH so I can't comment on the veracity of Bud's review or its balance. But there are enough industry shills, cheerleaders, and fan boys out there and I, for one, am glad that Bud's not one of them.

I work for a British company and it seems to be fairly common to use the phrase "called your baby ugly". Might there be a bit of that in some of the responses to Bud's GH review?
  • Hitz
    vvqwkljwphqaptdz.jpeg

More people liked it than dis-liked it. I can see where people are coming from and why it caught them off guard with his demeanor but I think the review was short and to the point, no sugar coating required. Yeah he was brash but he's a free agent and that's why his opinion is so valuable (Y)
  • Flipz
    @VapeCritic is honest about what HE thinks about each vape and when it's not the same as others... many get mad. I'm sure he was fully aware of any "backlash" that comes with being truthful. Great video no matter what people say!

Hope mine comes soon and although I'm truly wishing i'll feel the total opposite about this vape... my expectations are not high (N)
  • PatManIam
    please let us know when you do get it and what you think of your grasshopper
  • Flipz
    Don't worry, I will 8-)
  • Sue
    I'm going to stick with my order too but mine probably won't come till September..... looking forward to your impressions .....
  • VapeCritic
    Wow I'm not sure what to say lol

I haven't fully grasped why everyone is upset with my review, I thought it was very fair given the vape's shortcomings. And... it was probably one of the most fun videos for me to make, so that's concerning.

I made sure to talk about ALL the good things about it, even though it is clearly not a top tier vape and I have a lot of issues with it.

I've learned to accept and deal with the hate because if I was on the buying end I would want someone like me out there telling it like it is - after watching all the other GH reviews out there I am not really sure if I received the same vape LOL

Honestly I was VERY surprised when I couldn't even enjoy this vape without using it through a rig, WTF is that???

The part I probably find the funniest is that I didn't even mention the horror show with the pre-orders!!!

Why does everyone view this one with rose colored glasses??
  • Baron23
    Why does everyone view this one with rose colored glasses??VapeCritic

hehehehe.....that's my line mate! HAHAHA!
  • Flipz
    Me too.

I'm thinking with just how GH ran the operation from the beginning is what really is leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth?
  • VapeCritic
    great questions:

1 - about it looking like a pen - i cant deny that it gives it stealth, but my issue is more with the imitation of everyday products, it bugs me. There are other examples, like the Puffit vape that looks exactly like an inhaler, or the Indica vape that looks exactly like a Zippo lighter.

Im not real big on these types of products, it reminds me of the fake Coke cans you can buy in a head shop to hide your stash, just kinda silly and immature to me, and to outsiders i think it makes the vape scene seem less serious. Im 33 yrs old and dont want to be sticking a pen in my mouth in public (or be seen by anyone), but thats just me....

2 - the clicker / power switch - its not awful, but for how often you need to press it (twice per hit) i personally feel it gets a little annoying. Its hard to press in, which as you said can be a good thing in ur pocket, but its also loud and not buttery smooth like the chamber sleeve for example. It was just one of the inconsistencies i found in the vape - its like half of it is elegant and feels great and half of it does not, IMO
  • VapeCritic
    yea prob has a lot to do with it :-}
  • Baron23
    Thanks for explaining your thinking. Personally, too would prefer it without a pen clip cause like yourself, I'm not walking down the street sucking on a vape trying to look like a pen. I know that some do like to stroll around in public sucking vapor, but as I have said before, I am no more likely to do this than walk down the street sucking on a pint of whiskey. Just ain't my thing.

As for the clicker...yeah, I get. Until I see one first hand, I can't comment at all but as always I do trust your judgement on these type of things.

I do understand from another forum that GH made a change to the back end assembly that includes the clicker. Something about a split ring being replaced by a solid one....something along those lines. Wondering if they updated the clicker overall with this change???
  • shaolinmilk
    To be totally blunt, I expected you to act more like this towards other vapes that you reviewed. I have followed your lead and purchased almost all of the top vaporizers you have recommended. This review here... I have a HUGE problem with as it just doesn't make sense how your experience is so different. The vapes I have in my collection are the Mighty, PAX 2, Cloud EVO, Supreme V3, GH TI, and CFX (This is all from within one year btw). I would definitely choose the GH over the PAX 2 any day of the week, however the Mighty is still ahead for me due to cooler vapor. This review honestly made this product seem like the biggest trash, however it's far from that. If this product is not good, I don't know what the PAX 2 is or any of the other vapes you gave a decent score to especially the G-Pro at 8/10. That just boggles my mind... I seriously wonder what you give this out of 10.
  • Hitz
    ...but as I have said before, I am no more likely to do this than walk down the street sucking on a pint of whiskey. Just ain't my thing.
    (Y) (Y) (Y)
  • JMM
    I don't understand why people are offended by the review either. If a company can't deliver a solid product worthy of positive reviews, that is their problem.
  • VapeApe
    I think in general, people who already own or preordered are looking for reafirmation that they spent their money well, not really looking for a honest review telling them their product is not as good as they where wishing it would be.
    This however, was a review not a showcase vid.
    It seems it is like this with all products ( bikes, guns, gear,etc...) The truth offends...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment