• justjustin
    Didn't see a Firewood 5 discussion, so I had to start one! I just received my 5 and it's a work of art! Really cool design, simple to use and effective. There are 5 mini chambers built into the ceramic tray and it's perfect for those looking to use the smallest amounts of herb and the freshest taste. This is the vape every judge at the canna-cups should have because it provides a pure taste with just a tiny amount. I havnt played around with it enough but I already love it and it's a definite improvement over the 4, more power, easier/quicker to use, more control and it appears that you can customize the temps. I think every vape lover needs this in your collection! I wil try to add pics later
  • mrbiggiejones
    is this the same concept as the milaana ?
    And How easy is it to get vaper and whats it like for coolness and taste ? Cheers
  • justjustin
    never tried the Milaana but I think they are similar. Main differences between the 2 vapes: Firewood has a coil heater, temperature regulated and the Firewood has a different chamber system. I think the Milaana/Zion have a different kind of heater, not quite a coil but they are both full convection, on-demand vapes. I'm just not a fan of the glass stem/chamber style that they use like the Arizer vapes. I believe the Milaana and Zion have basically glass and stainless steel vapor path/chamber where the Firewood 5 has a glass stem or mouthpiece and the rest of the vapor path and heater is Stainless and ceramic.

I've only tried one chamber so far on the 5 and I got vapor easily on the lowest temp, with a shorter, medium speed draw. The draw resistance is very free and it appears to have a lot more power than the 4 , which was harder to get vapor, especially if it was colder, your oitside, walking etc. The 5 also will vibrate i think it your drawing to fast, so I think it's much more forgiving and has less of a learning curve. The taste was great, pure, full and fresh. The vapor was very smooth and cool and the 5 has a pretty decent vapor path that can be extended somewhat by pulling out the glass stem for and even cooler draw.

I will be experimenting over the next few weeks to see what works best, batt. life, grind/amount, draw technique, and I'm curious to see if it will handle concentrates with either a pad or mesh material/hemp fiber or mixed with herb and I think it will do it easily. I really love how tiny these chambers are and hold about a "pea"sized amount of herb, perfect for a quick couple hits and micro dosing. This will definitely conserve herb.

Here are the default temps but you can also customize them, which is awesome and something you couldn't do on the 4. You also hold the button this time, unlike the 4 that engaged the heater once you started your draw, so now you have even more control.
    Low = 250f-350f, Medium = 350f-400f and High = 400f-450f.

This is really one of the coolest Vaporizers I've ever had or seen!
  • VapeCritic

Lemme see some pix bruva!
  • mrbiggiejones
    sweet for the update and sounds interesting you still impressed is it an mv1 killer ?

I to would like some pics :up:
  • justjustin
    here are some quick pics. Didn't have much light to work with, so couldn't shoot much. Will add better stuff this week.

iogmar0ei8xf58lk.jpg
    q6idinjr2z31adgd.jpg
    f5qcm69mplymoacp.jpg
    eef8v5ca548z81oq.jpg
    bcbud19k5q74hxm4.jpg
    1edm64tcudlcg40x.jpg
    ecxfwt5emm3pacls.jpg
    k0gcidsk2x1nzxg2.jpg
    lin1h1nd13fb17bq.jpg
    jedkgb6z2697dzjc.jpg
    m7424k2ar74j2a0e.jpg
  • justjustin
    MV1 killer? I don't know yet but I'm gonna say not quite...that's a good question though, they definitely share more in common than not but I find that the MV1 is more comfortable to hold and use than the FW5 but the FW5 is much lighter, smaller and cheaper. The FW5 is really a show stopper though, it feels so good and its just unique, handmade luxury vape and its got a lot of character and its also very effective. I honestly can't decide at this point which one I like better, they both have so much going for them and they both have their drawbacks/ strengths. Hopefully I will have more details this week when I've had more time to vape it.

So far, I can get 2 trays from a single battery, averaging 10 (5-10 second) draws each at medium power. It does kind of lose power / vapor as the battery voltage drops, like the MV1 but Im surprised how relatively consistent it is throughout the battery power range. I will try to be more specifc later. I draw much slower on the FW5 than the MV1 but its the same process basically, hold the button, it vibrates, draw, let go, draw, it vibrates. It will also vibrate if your drawing too fast I guess but I haven't had that happen but could be handy for newcomers. Its as ez to get vapor on this vape as it is on the MV1 but in terms of vapor quality, taste and smoothness, I have to still give it to the MV1 at this point. The FW5 can hit hard, big clouds and its from such a small amount of material so its quite impressive. Id say they both could need the occasionally stir, depending on temp, draw, herb, pack and grind but I usually don't with either.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the Tray on the FW5 and I find that vaping the last 2 chambers when the other 3 are sticking out is quite loose and somewhat floppy, so I either just stick to the first 3 or flip the tray around to do the last chambers. Its really cool to have multiple loads ready to go and it only takes a few draws to get most out of them, so you can get a clean taste more often than vaping a larger chamber with more draws. I'm a fan of this mini chamber design but I'm also a fan of MACRO dosing too!

I'm a bit concerned about breakage and wear and tear over time but we'll see. I never had a problem with my FW4 though and Marc really thinks this thing through, as it shows in his workmanship/design. Im trying to clarify a few things with him, so I'll try to share his answers later if I can.
  • mrbiggiejones
    very unique looking vape there and style thanks for info bro.
  • justjustin
    The FW5 is quickly becoming my go to portable...I really like this vape and it's closely tied with the MV1! It can provide really satisfying hits from a tiny amount of herb and the batt life has been great. I think it's almost easier to vape and more consistent than the MV1, throughout the batt level.

I found a fine grind is best with this vape and a slow draw. You can really vary the vapor production by your draw which is nice and gives you control.

Gonna try concentrates later...
  • justjustin
    I always felt that I wasted a lot of material because I tend to stop vaping a load when the flavor drops off and the vapor production slows, even though I could take it further. The FW5 is so great because its chambers hold a very small amount, allowing you easily extract everything within a few draws while the taste and vApor stays fresh.

I want a convection vape that has 100% extraction rate or is capable of getting everything out of your material with a few draws. I don't know how efficient vape s are at releasing all the active ingredients but I know it could be better and I think part of the problem is having too big of chamber/ too much material and/or heaters not being powerful/efficient enough. With that said, I think the FW5 does a very good job extracting and I tend to use less, quite a bit less material to achieve the same results.
  • justjustin
    The FW5 is particularly amazing if you like to top the chambers with a little concentrate! The coil sits above the chambers, unlike most vapes and you draw the hot air down, as the coil also provides intense radiant heat, directly on top, where you need the extra heat for concentrates and extracts. Drawing down also keeps things mess free because the herb below or steel pad/hemp fibers catch the melting extract as it heats. You really cook from the top down.
  • justjustin
    I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about the Firewood 5 yet...
  • LabPong
    I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about the Firewood 5 yet...justjustin

Though interesting and slightly different.....it's still another unregulated block of wood. And no water adapter?
  • justjustin
    it's regulated and customizable. Quite a bit more than a block of wood, imo.
  • LabPong
    it's regulated and customizable. Quite a bit more than a block of wood, imo.justjustin

Is this the only regulated wood block type vape?
  • Baron23
    Is this the only regulated wood block type vape?LabPong

Ah, pretty sure the Zion from RBT is also regulated, no?
  • LabPong
    I do not know much about any of these types of vapes. I was wondering.....as I had some interest in the milaana...but then backed off.
  • LabPong
    it's regulated and customizable. Quite a bit more than a block of wood, imo.justjustin

justin....how would you rate the harshness or smoothness of vapor compared to the MV1. The MV1 was one of the few portables I could use without water. It did push the envelope with my sensitivity....but with the power and taste the MV1 has....I could not believe I could use it without water. I have an issue with this non water vaping and still not found a portable vape I can use without water easily.

Also, what is the vapor path? Ithought I read on their website it had wood in the vapor path?
  • justjustin
    hmm, I think the FW5 is very smoith, comfortable, cool and tasty. It can get kinda warm but not harsh and the wood is such a good insulator that the device always stays cool. I don't think it's as smooth or cool as the MV1 because that has more cooling capabilities but it's also a much smaller coil but shorter vapor path. I love the MV1 and think It produces the smoothest vapor out of any of my portables but I haven't put the FW5 down since I got it.if you like the mv1 , you'll like the FW5!I really didn't think I would like it that much, I was just curious about it and I have the 4 so I had to try it and I'm so glad I did, it's becoming a favorite for sure. I really like that the heat comes from above the chamber, so you can do some things very well that aren't possible with other vapes, like dry concentrates and it keeps the heater clean having it above that chamber. The small chamber size, good battery life, taste, vapor, size, speed really can't be beat. You can really get the most from your materiAl and conserve it. I would rather vape a few small fresher loads than one big chamber that gets stale. I

The vapor path is pretty much just glass and ceramic. If you extend the glass stem out a long ways, then you also draw vapor through wood but when it's pushed in most of the ways, it's just ceramic. It's a really great design and comes apart easily for cleaning.Marc even includes a small wood tool to help push out the upper ceramic portion of the vapor path and it's slick. I'll try to post pics tomorrow or this week. This upper portion that is directly below the chamber and features a few "channels" that help diffuse and split the vapor up, cooling it. You could easily attach a short portion of ship to the mouthpiece of come up with a silicone adapter of shorts or water pipe use but I prefer to vape dry and the FW5 is smooth enough for all day use.
  • justjustin
    The FW5 is the shit, y'all gotta get on board with this one!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment