• Namekian
    Nice! Can't wait to hear what you think of it! :)
  • Magicman
    Bud dines at the All-U-Can-Vape Cafe.
  • VapeCritic
    Some new stream material :ok:

v36crtmh352v9qzy.jpg
    oo5y83k2ivyj73le.jpg
  • Namekian
    Nice! Really curious to see what you think! Whens the stream? :)
  • Magicman
    Will @VapeCritic open box this thing, or will he practice first?
  • highasakite
    He better have practiced. :cool: I am looking forward to his findings/thoughts. Very interested in this one, just can't pull the trigger yet, at $256 for the finished one, plus I'd have to buy batteries and a charger.
  • VapeCritic
    I didnt practice and probably wont get it to work so dont get your hopes up! :lol:
  • Namekian
    Wait wut? It doesn't work?!
  • VapeCritic
    no no its fine im just an idiot and probably wont figure out how to use it right as usual :groan:
  • Namekian
    Oh, ha! I thought it was DOA or something. :)
  • JMH
    please add pics of the ceramic tray too. Do you have the 5c or 5s?
  • Magicman
    I must say the @VapeCritic seemed more impressed with the FW5 during the "wake and bake".
  • justjustin
    i will be able to do the pics tomorrow. I have the one with the rounded end, not step. They only had the one version when I ordered. I like the step on more though.
  • LabPong
    I must say the VapeCritic seemed more impressed with the FW5 during the "wake and bake".Magicman

Yea....I felt he was starting to like it actually........

As long as the glass stem stays in one piece....he might grow to use it much more?
  • VapeCritic
    Yes I had a better time with it the second go around :strong:

Used it again today and got a few really nice draws, I slowed my draw with it a tad and it stopped doing that vibraty thing :sweat:

It's almost a one-hitter for me with that tiny oven and how big of a draw I take, but it's a really nice hit.

Still getting the hang of how long to hit it for, but it's aight and I was hard on it in my first stream :100:

Couple pics I took today:

rnmMK0H.jpg
    X8QERiE.jpg
    JFQp6u4h.jpg
  • Señor Negro
    Can we get a full review on this ?
    Also, i was looking for more info about FW5 and found somewhere in their site the bowl size was .15, far bigger that the .05 you stated in your stream.
    Can you show us a picture comparing FW5 bowl vs MV1. As i can remember correctly MV1 bowl is .15ish right ?
  • justjustin
    The FW5 can hold approx. .050 g of finely ground dry material that is to the top of the tray but not packed. The MV1 Crucible will hold approx. .070 g finely ground dry herb, to the top of the rim but not packed. I used very dry/fluffy material and ground using the Kannastor GR8TR V2 with the fine plate.

The FW5 does great with half chamber loads or full loads for more dense vapor but its really very efficient and effective. The vapor is not as smooth, cool or flavorful as the MV1 but its still an everyday vape for me and I now use it more than my MV1 because its much more portable. The MV1 produces the most satisfying, potent hits out of any portable I have tried and they kick, not cause the hits are harsh but because they are so smooth and potent and the FW5 may not be able to provide the same potent hits but its perfect for micro dosing, tasting and vaping throughout the day when you just want a few fresh hits.

The FW5 is probably the easiest full convection vaporizer to use and clean. First would be the GH.

I've done quite a bit of experimenting lately with different vapes, mainly full convection vapes but a few hybrids too, testing whether finely ground herb is better or worse than medium ground herb and they are quite close. Fine grind I used the Kannastor GR8TR V2 and for the Medium grind I used the SLX. Not significant enough to go one way or another completely, as it depends on the herb your using, how you use your vape, temps and other factors. Anyways, I used the same weight material for my experiments and I will use the same "fill amount" or volume for the next tests because you can fit more fine herb than medium herb, so I don't know what would provide more accurate results? Using the same amount of herb by weight or by volume, fine and medium grind??? Overall, based off same material weight, I had slightly better extractions and more even vaping with finely ground herb in a few different convection vapes vs. medium grinds. The vapor production, quality and taste was quite similar but I was extracting faster with fine herb. Maybe it would be a different story with the same volume of herb? The Crucible was slightly overfull but not packed with .060-.070 medium herb and slightly under filled with the same weight of fine herb. I used the same herb, same temp, same number of draws/draw duration and let the devices cool between tests. These were the vapes I tired: FW5, MV1, Tera, StemPod, Haze Square Pro. Also tried the Vivant Alternate and had a similar outcome. Next I will try the ArGo, Sidekick, DaVinci OG, Volcano and Herbalizer. I didn't add the GH to the test because I prefer a coarser grind with that device typically but I will test that one as well.
  • Señor Negro
    Thanks for taking your time sharing your experience that was very usefull :up: :100:

I was trying to figure out if one could get a satisfying experience packing .1 or even more in FW5 because it seems very convinient to pack 5 bowls at once and still getting enough to enjoy several sessions without worrying about packing-repacking-cleaning and all that stuff.

I've also heard before about FW5 not being as nice vapour quality unit as the MV1, but is it really noticeable the difference? As i'm still a begginer i doubt i could tell myself :yikes:
  • justjustin
    I would like to add: I just weighed a different strain using the same grinder and same fill technique and it was almost double the weight but this strain was much more dense. A full crucible to the rim but not packed weighed .124g compared to the other strain above that weighed .060-.070.

Yes, the vapor is noticeably smoother, cooler and more potent with the MV1 which is in part because it has a much more sophisticated heater, temperature control and cooling system. The FW5 relies on a lot of radiant heat whereas the MV1 is more pure convection because the coils are further away from the herb
  • juxt

I hear you there bro, not enough payload to get me where I need to be, and I'm done buying vaporizers just because they look cool ... now I know that it takes a beast to do anything close to what I need :(
  • Vapeur Rogue
    Thanks for the closeup of the chambers VapeCritic, and the indepth review justjustin. Now I am even more excited for mine.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    vt49p5g5654ysjc6.jpg
    This just came in the mail about 90 minutes ago. Lovin this lil vape so far. This is my first battery powered on demand vape, you really can't beat the convenience of just pushin a button at will. The stirring is a bit of a pain but I'll get over it I'm sure.
  • Dr green thumb
    very nice vape for your stable. How's the vapor production with it so far.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    So far, so good. Just finished bowl 4 of my first tray. So Im still playing with it a lil. Love that there isnt much draw resistance, Im used to my Solo and VapCaps so it took me by surprise a lil. My first rip was a good 15 seconds, and i about died coughing. Not because it was harsh, the vapor was really cool, which caused me to take a hit that was WAY bigger than I was expecting. But its super tasty and handles small rips well too.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Having had a full day to play with my FW5, I'm liking it more and more.
    I found the default heat settings to be a little higher than I prefer. So at first I only used the low setting, but after customizing the heat settings down now I'm digging the first 2 settings, the high setting is still hotter than I prefer after turning it down.
    I like it with a medium grind over a real fine grind. Loosely packed for either grind. The fine grind will give massive hits, but as one would expect it doesnt last quite as long as with a medium grind. But either way I'm getting massive, potent, cool, tasty clouds.
    I'm still tweaking my draw speed, but long and slow seems to be the way to go.
    You have to stir at least every couple hits if you want even ABV, which is admittedly annoying but I can deal with it.
    I do wish the bowls were a little easier to pack (I need to get a lil herb scooper), and it would be cool if you could get a little carrying case for an extra tray, so you could have a second tray at the ready without worrying about spillage. I suppose 5 bowls SHOULD be enough but they're pretty small bowls so if your going to be out and about all day an extra preloaded tray would be a nice option.
    But all and all I'm very pleased with my purchase.
  • 415vapor
    if you have access to cigarello's certain brands come in a single plastic container. That container is slightly smaller than the bowl size. I use that for out and about extra. I have a tips and tricks thread with a picture. If you have any tips feel free to share!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Cool thanks. I've just been using my dynavap dube tube for carrying extra. But a tube that is closer in size to the bowl would be helpful.
  • beezee420
    its a great little device !
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    It really is. I wish I could say it has put an end to my VAS, but I still find myself wanting to prematurely spend my black friday fund. But that speaks more to my impatience than the performance of the FW5. I love this vape!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet