• OLEREDHEAD
    Will someone double check but I'm sure there out of business and I guess I'll have to switch to volcano bags now
  • justjustin
    That's weird ...it's down, anyone know whAts up?
  • OLEREDHEAD
    I tried emailing the email didn't send there phone works but noone answered and there Twitter hasn't posted since 4/20, hope we get some info maby there updating there site but they been running a huge sale over the past few months in there online store maby it was a closeing sale
  • Mturner7
    Haa :rofl:
  • artv4nd3l4y

Lmao not surprising.

Doesn't Vape Critic use volcano bags for his Herbalizer anyways, says they work better? They certainly would last longer.
  • Bud

Yes just use Volcano bags! Easy valve :ok:

Check out my last herbalizer video if you’re not sure how to do it

Super weird and lame that their website is still down, in fact the entire herbalizer domain is down it’s not even resolving :chin:
  • artv4nd3l4y

Interesting their domain doesn't expire until 2020, and the DNS still resolves by dnsmadeeasy.com, although the actual servers hosting the website itself don't respond at all. I wonder if someone forgot to pay the hosting bill? Generally they won't delete account information until 90 days, have to wait and see. Unfortunate though for anyone who purchased them if they won't be able to get them serviced again, especially being such an expensive unit.
  • OLEREDHEAD
    Yeah there were a few people on herbalizer Reddit and bbb that already needed a replacement or their unit fixed and it seemed they were not helped, the device works well for me and now I'm gonna need to get volcano easy valve bags thanks for the reply vape critic maby some more info will come later or like you said they didn't pay there website, luckily mine is still brand new and I'll have a few years out of it but I'm probably gonna get the flowerpot after I see your new review on it thanks again just thought I'd let you and your community know what's up
  • Bruce
    Play the taps bugle horns. Today, we mourn the loss of Herbalizer One of the great vapes that have helped make the market for desktop vapes so competitive. Very well reviewed by the Vape Critic.

Here is the thread to the Vape Critic's review in April 2018. - https://www.vapecritic.com/herbalizer/

hbzgdtohc0hfbouc.jpg

Peace, Love and Vape,
    ^ ^ ^ T h e V a p e M a s t e r ^ ^ ^
  • Bruce
    Where would this leave those who need warranty repairs?
  • artv4nd3l4y

They would be as is units, others on reddit were not able to get their defective units repaired. I wonder how particular the parts are to the Herbalizer, but I can't imagine the parts are readily available at Radioshack either...
  • Bruce

The warranty side of this situation is a disaster and a sad story for some people who purchased this vape. I hope they at least left those people with options.

Important message to the Vape Critic: I think we should take into account the company that is behind the product. Can promise 10 years and they are no longer in business.

After this story, I have bumped up my rankings PAX, S and B, Arizer because of their vibrance as a company.

Peace, Love and Vape

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • To the Cloud
    This is unfortunate , we sold about 20 volcano vaporizers for one herbalizer and herbalizers had a 30% higher defect rate ( still low in the grand scheme as Volcano never broke) Herbalizer was and is still a great vaporizer, but it requires alot more TLC and caution - can't drop it , can't let wax build up

Going to ping our engineer tomorrow who is also a UC Berkeley engineer ( where Herbie founder went) to see if fixes would all be electrical or electrical and software based. we're going to continue to honor the warranty
  • lazylathe
    It seems as if they are being sued by S&B for patent infringement.
    A member on FC posted quite a bit about it in the Herbalizer thread.

Hope this link is okay but it is interesting!
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-335
  • artv4nd3l4y

Good to hear you're still honoring the warranty. I recall the Herbalizer uses a microprocessor, certainly adding complexity from a software/firmware perspective.
  • Bruce
    Thats good to know.

But those people who need to make a warranty claim how do they do so ?
    Those people that need parts, How do they do so?

If this info isn't posted publicly how are people supposed to know ?

Note To Bud, Between the Herbalizer and rumblings about Hopper Labs, I think the Company's stability and vitality needs to have more of a role in reviewing Vapes.
  • To the Cloud
    I interviewed with Thero Essence back in 2012 and the CEO was literally destroying the office when I arrived. Needless to say they didn't last long. As @Bruce stated the companies longevity and track record should be something to factor in.e6h2cnytdfnqflow.jpg

Wasn't the founder/inventor of Herbalizer forced out in a private equity deal ? Will be interesting to learn more about how it all went down.
  • artv4nd3l4y

Good find. This is crazy, literally years later patent infringement... I suppose the Herbalizer owner should be glad 1Ready the business is technically a LLC. It sounds like instead of paying damages as is common with larger companies, they will just stop selling the product.
  • Bruce

How will the stores and Webstores like Planetof the vapes and vapeworld, re-act,,, do they still sell the product that the warranty is bad on??>
  • artv4nd3l4y

Most likely it will vary down to the reseller, it will be interesting to hear some of them comment on here like so good question Bruce. EDIT: I think the better question is, what happens to existing customers, is anyone other than to the Cloud honoring warranties (+1 for them obviously)?

I would hope at the least products would be sold clearly stating that the warranty is not available through the original manufacturer. It's an unfortunate situation, because not every reseller has the resources to fix complicated vaporizers themselves. Of course, it's unfair to expect the reseller to not try and recoup some costs from selling the remaining product. I would expect a discount or guarantee of some type, perhaps they could keep always keep a few on hand for warranty purposes but that's a dangerous game as well (i.e. 10 Herbalizers sold, but only 3 for warranty). Also, Herbalizers are not really known for being durable.
  • SSG
    Hi guys

We are a retailer who sold Herbalizer products (the main unit and accessories). As you guys have guessed they are indeed out of business....This was confirmed by my supplier contact there.

We did some deeper reporting and published a story today that tries to piece together what happened. I suspect that the ongoing patent lawsuit brought against 1Ready LLC (the company behind Herbalizer) by Storz & Bickel proved to be too expensive or too doomed, and they decided to shut down.

We have tried to contact them and their attorneys, but to no avail. The main question we are trying to answer is: What happens to the existing warranties and what can owners of the unit do if they need repairs or servicing?

I have no idea if they will honor the warranties but the fact that you cannot get a human being on the phone does not bode well. That said, I have no concrete facts on that yet. They may emerge from this and reform a new entity. Or they may at least offer some level of service.

In 2015 there was some drama that resulted one of the founders being forced from the company, and he was vocal about that on a different vaping forum (you can find his posts if you search @engineer).

And I agree with the poster above who said that, at this point, it's buyer beware. If you buy now you should assume there will be no warranty. All the items on our site are now marked sold out and I'm processing returns for the recent orders I have.

I do think most shops are simply unaware of the fact the company is out of business. We were a direct vendor of theirs and they provided no notice or information that this was happening. We pieced it together by reporting out the story on the demise of Herbalizer

BTW: I am not here to plug my store or sell product. I saw this post and wanted to add some information to it. I hope I have not violated forum policies with this posting.
  • Namekian
    Wow, thank you so much for the info. I bought one when they first came out and loved it other than the bags were terrible. They would start to leak after a few weeks and it was crazy expensive to buy new ones. I complained so much I got them at half price but even then it cost too much to run it and I ended up returning it and getting half my money back. An amazing idea with pretty poor execution imo. :/
  • SSG
    We have had complaints about the bag. I have advised some customers to use the Storz & Bickel bags. They do work, and that fact is the reason S & B brought their lawsuit....the patent infrigement claim focuses on the mouthpiece.
  • Namekian
    The green silicon mouthpiece is the base of the lawsuit?
  • Alexis
    Typical of Storz and Bickel to stick their fat noses in greedily, selfishly to ruin another good thing for us all. They tried the same shit years ago with Mark McCoy of Vriptech, outright refusing to co-operate and work with him over a simple matter which did not even infringe on their patent but they insisted it did and took it all the way to court at a cost.

Storz and Bickel lost in the end and Mark sounded like he was always very confident it would go that way and he would have preferred to have worked with them.
  • SSG
    I cannot comment on the specifics of the lawsuit as I'm not a patent lawyer and have not been able to speak to their lawyer, despite calls to him.

But the case relates to this patent https://patents.google.com/patent/US6513524B1/en

It is described as an "inhaler"

I have no opinion on whether the S & B case has merit and have no idea on what the outcome will be.
  • To the Cloud
    I was thinking how unfortunate this is that Clovershield sold to 1Ready LLC and basically left them holding the bag. ( Then again who knows the specifics of that deal) We have spoke with our contact at Herbalizer and although they didn't say how big or not big of a deal the pending California lawsuit was , they did confirm the Herbailzer sales had always been slower than everyone would have liked.
  • Tenexe
    Glad they went out of business. In fact I couldn't write enough negative reviews of the company and the horrendous customer service. I had to actually file a complaint against them with the BBB
  • Bud
    IMHO their downfall was set in place way in the beginning by having the main engineer be the CEO making big decisions, I was working close with him during the launch and it was a shit show, nice guy but no clue how to run a biz, I bailed early on and wasn't too too surprised when I heard he got squeezed out.
  • To the Cloud
    damn that is crazy to hear. We were told it was the opposite, they brought in some owners who didn't give a shit about herbal vapes and thought they were getting in on a huge market.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment