• Namekian
    I'm pretty surprised you haven't taken this post down yet, even more surprised there a few people (I'm guessing men) who are even entertaining this idea. Anyone with half a brain knows you shouldn't take any mind altering substances during pregnancy so all this post is going to do is lead to arguments, take this nonsense post down man.
  • Gonzo

Diet Coke, or any of its constituents, doesn’t enter the blood stream nor past the placenta.

Not sure where you got that information but it's not true. Diet sodas contain aspartame which is broken down into aspartic acid, phenylalanine and methanol in the small intestine where it's absorbed into the bloodstream. They get broken down further into things like formaldehyde and formic acid. FYI: Aspartame has 92 side affects listed by the FDA and is discouraged for use by pregnant women and young children.

As far as THC and pregnancy, there have been studies that say that THC could not readily cross the placenta. I think the benefits of MJ could be helpful during (and after) pregnancy for things like inflammation and nausea and induce hunger (yep....munchies).

But in the end, it's really about moderation and following the doctors orders to have a successful pregnancy.
  • rft360
    yes someone that sees what everyone is trying to say! couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Futurevapors
    I like to think we're all having a healthy open debate here, no ones arguing and no one is actually saying pregnant people should toke throughout their pregnancy.

It is "Strange" that it's socially acceptable for a pregnant woman to be allowed a glass of wine per day, and I think if we looked in that it would be found to be harmful as Alcohol IS basically Poison? No ones calling anyone INSANE there, again "Strange" these people are ok with a Legal drugs being taken by pregnant people.

A glass of wine and i'm pissed personally, Wine is not a nice buzz and makes you tried and headaches!

If you are in Jail they will give you alcohol if you are an alcoholic because you can die from withdraw, but load help you if your a heroin abuser as they will say NO heroin fro you Sir?

Amy Winehouse the singer??? Yeah She die from Alcohol because she was trying to stop drinking as much and it killed her? How Ironic her surname being Winehouse.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jan/08/amy-winehouse-alcohol-poisoning-inquest
  • Futurevapors
    https://www.healthymummy.com/10-reasons-avoid-much-sugar-pregnancy/
    y9m39x0w09ncofyf.jpg

metabolic syndrome, and diabetes?
    more at risk for heart diseases?
    pre-eclampsia?
    pre-term delivery?
    obese children?
    nausea and/or vomiting if you eat a diet high in carbohydrates and added sugars?

Now if you seen a pregnant person eating cakes, coke, sugar ect ect. Would you be shouting "Insane" at them? NO because you are brainwashed and you only go mad when you see someone doing something that someone else told you was "Insanely BAD"

ps NOT saying pregnant people should toke, but do use it if you eat too much sugar and are vomiting, to help keep the food down for the baby. It's all about the baby

where's God when you need him?
  • Baron23
    I stand corrected but still believe a good part of this discussion is somewhat silly but to each their own.
  • Gonzo
    Definitely a great discussion....and nice chart @Futurevapors

I will say that I'm not "Insane" enough to shout at a pregnant woman no matter what she's eating!! Too many hormones running wild in that body to risk it.....IMO. :rofl:
  • Heroin Batman
    this.

Take a break there's no definitive studies, so you are risking permanent brain damage.

If you can't stop for nine months you got issues.
  • Heroin Batman
    All I have to say about this is think of it this way: would you give a four year old an arizer air loaded and ready? No unless you like jail. If someone gave my four year old nephew a joint I'd put them in the hospital. So how can you make a kid younger than that have it?
  • Gonzo
    Yep, all women should take a pregnancy test before vaping....lol

....and how can red meat be bad when it tastes so good!!
  • Gman
    We can't look at laws to decide if something is good or bad. Since our brains do have receptors for these chemicals you are risking the babies developmental health if by chance the THC or other chemicals cross the barrier. Especially if it's ingested and goes through the liver to produce 11-hydroxy-THC which does pass these blood barriers especially the brain. So we have to assume for now it can pass others.

My wife stopped everything when we wanted children. She had the odd coffee or glass of wine but very limited medicine unless absolutely necessary. Why even take the chance??? As an actual parent, I can't believe other parents would take the chance.
  • Baron23
    Why even take the chance?Gman

And there it is in a nutshell.
  • Futurevapors
    especially pregnant woman that drink a glass of wine a day.

Dam doctors saying it's ok to do that!
  • Futurevapors
    red meat is good, refined carbs sugars bad.

That was easy :fire:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Marijuana taken for medical reasons is not in ignorance and a doctor should always be involved if taken medically. it is not without risk even if they are minimal. Kids that are taking it suffer from ilness and the risks out weigh their illness. As for mothers smoking pot it is passed through the blood barrier to the baby so you are getting your baby high. Less of a risk then tobaco and alcohol does not mean no risk.
  • Magicman
    Weed will make baby love Rock and Roll, and hate rap.
  • Heroin Batman
    spoiler alert they both are bad
  • Heroin Batman
    that's such an urban myth at this point. I asked my doctor after trying to find research on that when I quit drinking. She was like it's pretty negligible you could just eat grapes. Alcohol is literal brain damage. A little bit is a just a little lost brain cells, but they're still gone.
  • Heroin Batman
    all the rap I have is either about weed or mentions weed and I have thousands of rap songs
  • BobCat
    How many females have contributed to this thread? Regardless of data or opinions the pregnant women chooses what or what not to imbibe- in the U.S. Personally, I'd rather my wife not drink, smoke, nor vape if pregnant, but if she choose to I couldn't force her to do otherwise.
  • Futurevapors
    Yes!

I went to my doctor and told him that I was depressed and in a bad way like 10yrs ago, I explain I was on cocaine, alcohol, weed, mdma on a weekly basis.

His advice was to stop drinking alcohol, and he even said the alcohol was what was causing my issues depression, I left their slightly confused as you can imagine?

He wasn't condoning my other choices but he did "thankfully" tell me the absolute truth regarding what was damaging my brain on a weekly basis. Alcohol.

Also. It's 6:59 and I watch the England game in the pub last night and had 3 pints, my head is spinning, I'm tired, I have this heart burn and I can feel acid in my throat and I'm feeling heavy?

Dirt!

Literally the most harmful drug to human in the world, and it's in every local shop.

I only vape pure cannabis out of my concoction mention above now, and the odd stupid pints of beer.
  • Heroin Batman
    mdma probably wasn't helping a ton. I had similar issues long ago, and those days after mdma where you had no sseratonin were nuts
  • Futurevapors
    True! Thank fuck them party days are over.
  • Baron23
    Literally the most harmful drug to human in the worldFuturevapors

Oh, since you expressed you had some prior experience with it, perhaps you will share my view that its indeed cocaine that is the most harmful and addictive (well, next to nicotine) rec drug.

I never want to see that shit again and those memories go all the way back to the 80's. Its a gift that keeps on giving, for sure.

Cheers
  • rft360
    that sounds deep man thanks for sharing. happy you are doing good now baron!
  • Heroin Batman
    I haven't done heroin so that could be worse but ya coke jeese. I quit it years ago but I haven't seen it since. I used to compare it to 50$ on the ground, if you see it, you'll pick it up. So I'm just glad I'm not anywhere that I see any lines.

(Pretty ironic giving my name I never did heroin lol. I've actually changed this name everywhere but here. Batman lives on at vapelife.)
  • rft360
    :lol: TEH FEELS!!
  • Futurevapors
    Cocaine the party powder is 100% pure bullshit.

Coke turns people selfish, over confident, drespate and broke.

i wish I could delete any times that I did it
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube