• ThanushPoulsen
    Hi all
    I've read a lot about vaping and its effects on the human body. Of course, it is less harmful compared to smoking but it still poses risks to our health. In particular, I would like to emphasize smoking/vaping mothers. I read several articles in VapingDaily and other resources, and all of them state that woman should not vape or smoke during pregnancy as it endangers not only her health but the health of the unborn baby. It is clear that everyone can choose what to do. But still, I am hugely concerned about vaping mothers as nicotine-free liquids are not a guarantee of safe vaping. The chemicals they contain can also be harmful.
  • Futurevapors
    I don't think vaping cannabis would be harmful for mom or baby compared to smoking tobacco or alcohol, they used to actually prescribe pregnant people cannabis before they decided to make it illegal.

Yes vaping liquid is harmful and totally different to pure cannabis.

What is your thought on pure canbabis and pregnancy?

Lots of young children taking daily cannabis medication and they get more heathly not less healthy
  • ThanushPoulsen
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this issue!
    And I agree with you that the smoking natural herbs like cannabis is acceptable. However, it should be prescribed as a medical and not smoked by mothers just for fun.
    The medical characteristics of marihuana are undeniable but still, any intake should be guided by doctors.
  • Futurevapors
    yes but I'd say vaping is better than smoking Cannabis.

As for a doctor, I do not think a doctor is needed when it comes to Cannabis? You can vape cannabis daily for health reasons, as like daily use of cod liver oil or vitimin-C, no doctor is needed and these are basically healthy supliments, not life threatening as like anything a doctor prescribes you!

Also 90% of people who visit the doctor is due to eating unhealthy foods while NO doctor is required to do any nutritional education so these a lots of holes when you talk about involvement with doctors.

I wouldn't say to a pregnant person vape weed all day but I would advice them to use cannabis instead of alcohol because it's 100% safe compared to posiening your baby with a glass of wine per night

And if you smoke tobacco while pregnant I don't even wanna know those women because that's blue blooded murder
  • Namekian
    Why even take the risk?! Any mother who can't go without some kind of mind altering substance for 9 months for the benefit of their child is a terrible mother imo. I have a friend who vaped through both her pregnancies and those kids are dumb as shit with tons of learning disabilities. If you or someone you know is considering this you should totally go talk to a doctor and not take medical advise from a bunch of strangers on a vape forum.
  • ThanushPoulsen
    Agree that vaping is much better than smoking, especially when it comes to cannabis. While vaping, weed does not burn but is heated, it is better for lungs and health, in general.

However, I still believe that any use of cannabis should be controlled by a doctor. As any pills, cannabis is a medicinal drug and overdose or improper use may hurt.

If choose between alcohol and cannabis, I am for cannabis. But still, it depends on frequency and volume of use. Even sugar can kill.
  • Futurevapors
    doctors are not educated in canbabis and do not understand it at all, they were trained to say it ruins life!

I'm not saying people should while being pregnant but it's a whole world better than alcohol or tobacco and loads of pregnant people take them so my advice is, if you really really have to take pure cannabis as like they did for thousends of years without anyone becoming unwell.

You can't say her kids are dumb as fuck though vaping pure cannabis.

People are still hyper sensitive still about pure health cannabis. WHY??? Who's ever died from it??
  • Namekian
    I couldn't possibly agree less with most of what you have said about this but I'm just going to agree to disagree. You're not changing my mind and I'm not changing yours.
  • Futurevapors
    you cannot overdose on cannabis?

If you take painkillers while pregnant they are factory made and are way more harmful but that's ok isn't it because you can buy them pills in shops so that cool yeah???

But if you take 6 of them painkillers it could actually kill you, no joke!!!!! Again no doctor involved so why does a doctor need to be around for you to vape cannabis, but it's ok to take lots of life threatening pills while pregnant without doctor.

Basically we are all brainwashed????

So frustrating that people are so far removed from cannabis and how it's 100% safe all day all night
  • rft360
    so i remember there was this doctor (Dr. Melanie Dreher) who was doing a study on pregnancy and marijuana use and she went to Jamaica to study the pregnant woman there who smoke. the whole thing started because they couldn't keep their food down and have a appetite! so she was starting to have the same symptoms and went to try it herself the study was one of most in-depth longitudinal studies on the use of marijuana during pregnancy that has ever been published.
    There was one major problem with Dr. Dreher’s studies, however. The results didn’t say the right things. Dreher’s research was originally funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), but after the results of the five-year study showed no statistical difference between the two studied groups, NIDA took away her funding.

Instead, NIDA suggested that she continue her research under the supervision of approved scholar, Peter Fried, who’s previous work had found that marijuana harms fetal development. In the 24 years since Dr. Dreher’s work was first published, the two studies have been cited just over 100 times via Google Scholar. Fried’s collective works have been cited well over 700. Though, both collections of research were in-depth longitudinal studies.
  • Futurevapors
    it's more about being honest with your self.

Doctors prescribe life threatening pills to pregant woman, pills that if you take too many you die that day, die!!!!!!!

If you vape 3 ounces of cannabis in 30mins you will possible fall asleep and take up without even a headache?

We all think canbabis is something it's not because of the crap we were told for the last 40yrs

I vape it everyday and my skin and my insides are so so healthy and my tobacco/alcohol friend are in bits?????
  • Futurevapors
    what was the outcome, good I'm guessing.

Guys it's good for you, wake up, start taking it.

I bet you all smoke tobacco yeah??
  • Futurevapors
    just to recap

It's safer for a pregnant person to be prescribed dangerous drugs instead of taking pure healthy natural drugs?

Doesn't that sound a bit unnatural and wrong?
  • Futurevapors
    that ok because I respect you and I'm not against anything you say my friend.

I just like to really open this kind of talk up because there's so many things we eat/take daily thinking it's safe when it's more harmful than some of the things we are told are unsafe

Canbabis always gets the bad rap when it's safer than coconuts "150 deaths per year from the falling on people's heads and killing them" FACT

Nuts, 3 people a year die from nuts every years!!!

Cannabis 0 since the start of the human race???
  • Futurevapors
    Are you saying the tests came up with no issues, but she then lied and said it was harmful??????
  • Baron23
    would be harmful for mom or baby compared to smoking tobacco or alcoholFuturevapors

The key word here is compare. IMO (and apparently that of most of the medical profession) a pregnant women should take no drugs or alcohol except as a medical necessity.

Frankly, I find any other view to be borderline criminal.
  • welshman
    “There is no human research connecting marijuana use to the chance of miscarriage,91, 92 although animal studies indicate that the risk for miscarriage increases if marijuana is used early in pregnancy.93 Some associations have been found between marijuana use during pregnancy and future developmental and hyperactivity disorders in children.94–97 Evidence is mixed as to whether marijuana use by pregnant women is associated with low birth weight98–102 or premature birth,101 although long-term use may elevate these risks.100 Research has shown that pregnant women who use marijuana have a 2.3 times greater risk of stillbirth.103 Given the potential of marijuana to negatively impact the developing brain, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that obstetrician-gynecologists counsel women against using marijuana while trying to get pregnant, during pregnancy, and while they are breastfeeding.”

Seems like a lot of associated risks to just gamble on it being “100% safe all day all night”
  • Futurevapors
    yes it's safer compared to having a glass of wine or a cigarette. I do hope you both can agree on that with me.

We've had 3 children and my partner took none of the three but if she had of needed something to relax her I'd 10000% rather her have 1 vape of pure cannabis rather than tobacco or alcohol. My opinion and I'm sure you both would choose the same put together n the situation.

Please remember when they do these studies that some mums will be taking loads of painkillers etc etc unhealthy food, bread pasta with is the real killer! and dangerous legal substances and that too effects the results of the study they are doing???????

Like when they say red meat is bad, it's not, it's just that people who did the study had loads of unhealthy food on the plate as well as the meat plus had a full sugar Coke drink with the meal, so the results weren't 100% true....they didn't test them for 1 year, just eating pure red meat!
  • rft360
    apparently the outcome was healthier babies cause the mom can keep the food down and not throw it up usually woman have a strong reaction to this part of their pregnancy that they cant feed themselves enough nutrients to sustain a healthy development cycle....
  • Futurevapors
    it is an interesting talk but like baron mentioned, no drugs should be taken in case it is damaging to baby.

But my personal thought is that the common house hold pills pregnant woman already take are more damaging than cannabis but I'm NOT saying they should use cannabis while pregnant

Just pointing out that pregant woman already are taking unsafe pills while pregnant and no one is pointing this out
  • GhostMV1User
    I would think 'moderation' is they key.

You can consume wine during pregnancy, but usually not more than a glass or so a day. You can't get shit faced drunk during pregnancy, that will effect the baby.

I would assume marijuana is the same way, Occasional use, especially to help with keeping food down is probably ok. Getting shit faced stoned on weed every day during your pregnancy is probably not a good thing for the baby.
  • Futurevapors
    well said and I feel true.

The hangover you get from alcohol the next day is basically alcohol poisoning your actual body?

And hat's legal?????????????
  • cvs8floz
    I cannot believe some of the comments in this discussion, are you people insane?
    If a woman is pregnant or breast-feeding, no alcohol, no tobacco, no drugs, period. You have no right to impose these substances on your child who is a minor and completely defenseless. If you are high, your child is also high, so if you can't give up vaping, don't get pregnant.
  • rft360
    I don't think everyone's life is as simple as you would like it to be. i can see a situation where it can help and a situation where is can damage, having a closed minded opinion like that and calling people insane is a sure fire way to never get people to listen...also marijuana is alternative medicine to some so i think its important to really explore and analyse whats best for your well being and respect other peoples decisions cause nothing is really certain
  • Baron23
    It is a free country of free individuals so we can each do whatever we want as long as we are willing to shoulder the consequences, whatever they may be.

Although "insane" is a word that will definitely prompt some negative emotional responses, I have to say my view of people advocating, or condoning, MJ during pregnancy is not really that far from that tbh. Perhaps I wouldn't use the word "insane" but I really think all MJ and MMJ users need to keep a healthy perspective on MJ and its effectiveness for medical issues, and its proper place in our lives and life events.

My view continues to be that pregnant women should only take those drugs (of ANY kind) that are a true medical necessity.

Ok, fire away, I've said my piece (twice actually) and have nothing further to add to the subject.

Cheers
  • Trousersnake

I am usually a quiet lurker on this board but I feel like I gotta put in my two cents on this one.

I totally agree with Baron23 and cvs8floz on this one. I understand the argument that marijuana compared to pharmaceutical drugs can be way safer but the main issue is that should a HEALTHY woman be taking drugs of any sort while pregnant. Unless medically necessary, in my opinion, no f*cking way. And if health is a concern even before attempting to get pregnant , then maybe getting pregnant shouldn’t be on the priority list.

Like cvs8floz, I can’t believe some of the comments posted here. I’m all for promoting the cannabis culture for medicinal and recreational use but what is being entertained here makes me embarrassed to be a user. WHile there are enormous benefits to marijuana, it is not a cure all for everything that ails you. Stop with the relentless brainwashing that weed is the best thing since sliced bread.
  • rft360
    this seems very ridiculous to me all this... if a girl wants to smoke while pregnate id say let her i have seen chicks smoke cigarettes, drink beer, do yoga, eat spicy food (insaine), go to concerts, ect i don't see the human civilization going down for it...hell i have seen pregnate girl jump off a plane...the fact that we treat this as taboo is stupid! this is a conversation a random one why can't we entertain an idea just to explore and analyse? who made them rules?
  • Futurevapors
    So My main point is that Painkillers, Diet Coke/Coke, Bread/Pasta/Refinecarbs, SUGAR are 100% dangerous to pregnant woman, BUT some of you would not comment if you seen a pregnant woman doing them in public and I'm simply pointing out that if you believe pregnant woman shouldn't be taken a list of things, WHY do you not mentioned all the things pregnant people are doing right now in front of you that is 100% unhealthy for Baby? Because you're brainwashed and don't even realise that common foods mentioned above are the actual real killers!!!! Wake up more.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/8/fatty-foods-dont-cause-heart-disease-bread-and-pas/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11711243

https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-drink-diet-soda-during-pregnancy_1245945.bc
  • welshman
    WHY do you not mentioned all the things pregnant people are doing right now in front of you that is 100% unhealthy for Baby? Because you're brainwashed and don't even realise that common foods mentioned above are the actual real killers!!!! Wake up more.Futurevapors

Because the op asked about vaping cannabis and didn’t ask at any point if drinking diet soda or eating pasta was dangerous for pregnant women. The forums not a general pregnancy advice forum it’s about vaping, err wake up more?
  • Baron23
    deleted by OP. Don’t even know why I responded.
  • Futurevapors
    was just finishing off my point regarding people saying what's dangerous for pregnant people while they don't understand there's other substances in our kitchen that's even worse witch goes unregistered to them.

I just want the pure truth, that's all.

And a woman's bad diet can of course directly affect the genes of her off spring

Diabetes????

But that's for another forum.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube