• rsladeasu
    I need a Vape Pen for CBD. Here is what Im looking for.

1. Must accept pre-filled cartridges of CBD liquid.
    - I need easy and no mess!
    2. Small
    - Im looking for something discreet
    3. Little to none vapor cloud upon exhaling
    - I don't what it to look obvious im smoking
    4. No smell
    - Pot stinks, I hope CBD doesn't smell bad. I don't want to ruin my car, house, place of work, etc.

* Also if anyone has recommendations on the high quality CBD pre-filled cartridges that would be great. I don't want something with lots of filler that can potentially hurt me.

• Futurevapors
    You just need a basic vape pen and then go buy some "decent" cbd.

Cbd is not addictive so you will have to remember to keep taking it instead of e-liquid where you wake up craving your pen all day long.
  • Baron23
    Must accept pre-filled cartridges of CBD liquid.rsladeasu

The you don't need a pen, you just need a battery to go with your CBD pre-filled carts, yeah?

If so, then some of your list is non-applicable and is more dependent on the cart than the battery.
  • rsladeasu

I have no clue. I am a super newbie. I am trying to figure this out.
  • rsladeasu

Where do I find "decent CBD"?
  • Lucic and Chong
    Where do I find "decent CBD"?rsladeasu

A lot of that depends on where you live. Do you have access to any dispensaries or online sales?

CBD can be taken many different ways and in different forms. I vaporize CBD isolate using my MV1 and find that while it doesn't smell, it does produce a nice cloud. But the high CBD flower that I vape does have that MJ smell. I haven't used any of the pre filled carts though so I can't speak for those, but in my experience the higher the CBD content in my flower, the bigger the clouds.

If discreet is one of the major draws, maybe you might want to also consider tinctures? I also use them for those times, like at work, where it's not as easy to be discreet and go for a quick vape. No smell, no mess, no clouds, no batteries... just medicine. I also find it easy to dose that way as most of the droppers have markings on them.
  • Futurevapors
    Yeah just make sure you buy the good cbd from a reliable source
  • rsladeasu

I live in Texas and don't have access to any dispensaries...but I think I can buy them online.
  • Baron23
    Ok, let's take it one step at a time. You said you will be getting pre-filled carts of CBD. I can't advise you on what CBD carts to buy as I don't know where you live or if you can buy legal CBD carts in your state. But let's assume you do have a source for CBD (or high THC) carts.

Almost all of these carts are made with a 510 threaded fitting. That's the size and threads. Pretty universal but I believe that the batteries you link are EGO fittings used, I believe, mainly for ecig juice tanks. 510 is the way to go.

So, if you have a cart, then you need a battery to drive it. They come in different form factors but basically "pen" style batteries (kind of what you linked...that form factor) to box type form factors often called "box mods" because the first ones were modified something...flashlights, etc. In the early days people would modify a box to generate power. They are still called box mods, IME.

So, what's the difference. Well, capacity for one. Pens are fairly small and have a fairly small capacity measured in amp hours and will have a smaller range of variable wattage/voltage (same figure...up the voltage and you up the wattage...if really interested, google Ohm's Law). And, the battery is built in. The key about being built in is that ALL Li Ion type batteries die eventually. They have a limited number of charge/discharge cycles. So, with built in battery, eventually it will die and you will have to toss the hole pen (or a number of box mods also have built in batteries).

Box mods can have a built in or replaceable Li Ion batteries (often 18650 which is a battery size). Box mods also most often have displays and more advanced modes and controls.

I far prefer box mods. There are a TON of mod manf and models. I rather like Eleaf because they are reasonably priced and don't pack more function and capability that I don't really need.

I like the Eleaf Pico:

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-pico/

Or the Eleaf Nano:

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-power-nano/

But they make many models and pretty much any of them will drive a cart. They all have more power than needed to drive an MJ cart but they also have lots of capacity so you aren't too worried about it running out of juice to often. The links are to Eleaf's site but if you like a model, then google it for a retail source. The Pico has replaceable 18650 battery, the Nano is built in.

I hope this was somewhat helpful to you.
  • juxt

A good pen is the innokin itaste vv4, which is 510 threaded as Baron mentioned. One thing @Baron23 may not know is that EGO threaded is 510 threaded on the inside, where it matters, so EGO batteries do work with 510 carts...they just have an extra set of threads that show on the outside, which makes it look a little funky. There are these cosmetic metal screw on things that make it look nicer. I'll see if I can take a pic of my iTaste setup later.

One thing to remember, if the carts you get are proprietary they will only work with the system they are for...for example, if you get Rubi pods you will only be able to use them with Rubi pens.

Here's the iTaste with the cosmetic cover attached: t69pabtsc3r9jeez.jpg
  • rsladeasu

Are there specific carts for the Rubi pen then made by kandypens or something?

On that pic, is the cart the thing right under the mouthpiece that is clear?
  • Baron23
    Thanks...I have never owned an EGO threaded mod but had always been under the impression that the EGO sleeve would get in the way of any 510 fitting but apparently I was wrong.

Thanks for the correction :up: :100:
  • Baron23
    On that pic, is the cart the thing right under the mouthpiece that is clear?rsladeasu

The cart is everything from the mouthpiece to the threads that screw in to the battery. You buy it as one complete unit.

Are you in a legal state? If so, it may be helpful to pop into a dispensary and look at one.
  • rsladeasu

I'm not in a legal state...Texas
  • rsladeasu
    As far as the output. I don't want a huge smoke cloud.

Is that DTL or MTL, coil head tempature, or resistance level? I'm trying to figure out what to look for.

Maybe no PG or VG will result in not having smoke cloud?
  • Baron23
    Well, lot I like about Texas...but not wrt to MJ.

Check this out...I don't know these guys, I have never bought product from them, but you can see what the carts look like:

https://cbdvapejuice.net/product-category/cbd-by-type/cbd-cartridges/

Here is one company's take on a Complete Guide to CBD Carts:

https://www.vaporvanity.com/complete-guide-buying-cbd-cartridges/

There is a lot of info out there to be read in order to self-educate and there probably isn't going to be any good alternative to doing a bit of self-directed internet research.

Cheers
  • Trix
    For CBD flower I recommend
    https://tweedlefarms.com/collections/cbd-flower
    This stuff is top notch. Somewhat of a loophole here fully legit and they don't up charge as others.
    Really amazing product with great CS.
    I like to mix it in with my others to make it last longer. Sells out quick.
  • juxt

Correct on the PG/VG making big clouds ... and being toxic ;)

If you're using pure product, or product plus terpenes / non-toxic liquidizer there will be less vapor because of the nature of it, but it won't be totally untraceable. People would notice in a movie theater, for example. Most of the stuff people sell are very strong smelling nowadays as well, so you have to watch for that kind of thing also if you need to stay on the down low.

@Baron23 Got ya back bro! I probably wouldn't have known if I didn't do ecig for years.
  • rsladeasu

Do I vape CBD oil, or do I look for something specific?
  • rsladeasu

I have heard to use just a battery for CBD.

Does that mean just a battery or a battery in a vape pen?

They said there is an awful aftertaste
  • Baron23Accepted Answer
    I have heard to use just a battery for CBD.

Does that mean just a battery or a battery in a vape pen?
    rsladeasu

I have no idea how you would use "just a battery" to vape anything. You need a power source and then you need either an atomizer (if using bulk concentrates) or a pre-filled cartridge (which is what you said you want to use).

So, get a cart and get a power source.

Not sure what else I can say to help you on this.
  • rsladeasu

That is what I thought...I guess various people wording confused me.

Any truth to a mod having a worse aftertaste then a vape pen? Is that a deal-breaker?
  • Baron23
    Any truth to a mod having a worse aftertaste then a vape pen? Is that a deal-breaker?rsladeasu

No, absolutely NOT. How can the battery effect taste by itself. Now, with a mod you can over drive the carts...you can drive them too hard with too much power....and with the older carts with fiber wicks this would often char the wick and give the cart a bad taste.

I run the ceramic atomizer carts available in MD at anywhere from 3 - 4 volts (depends on the cart). Any higher and I gag myself out with too thick vapor.

So, most pens just don't have the umpf to overdrive a cart...they tend to be in the 3-4 volt range. But pen batteries are just not it for me. A good box mod will not need frequent recharging, many have owner swappable rechargeable batteries, provide more function and much better display, most decent ones can be run in temp mode if you want to try that, and there is a reason that they are more money.

If driving carts or atomizers for concentrates looks be your direction going forward, buy a good mod and it will last you a long time, IMO.
  • Gonzo
    What do you recommend for a box mod? I've been thinking about investing in one instead of using the cheap vape pen from the dispensary

Also (off topic), has there been any feedback from the MD dispensaries about one of the growers being busted for using pesticides?
  • Baron23
    cheap vape pen from the dispensaryGonzo

Because they are indeed a cheap pens and most box mods are better built with better function, controls, and display not to even speak of capacity.

Also, if you want to drive a cup type atomizer (think Source Nail, W9, etc) then you are going to need more power than a pen can provide (maybe up to 30-35 watts) so why get a pen. Just buy a decent mod and fuhgedaboutit. haha

As for Forward Gro...yep, some ex-employees are indeed claiming that this grower did use pesticides (and lied about it) at a time when no pesticides at all were allowed. More distressing to me is that the MD legislature passed a bill last winter to allow growers to use pesticides that are on the Federal "minimum risk" list while they develop their own state level rules and approved list.

"Minimum risk" to whom? We are talking med patients here.

ForwardGro is denying all allegations and it will take a while to sort this out. They are a big money operation but so far I have not been impressed with their product which seems to be selling for a bit of a discount. Curio was the other grower who had product to ship when the program first opened also had pretty crappy looking product for their first crops but have really upped their game and are putting out some nice stuff....I like their Northern Lights.
  • Gonzo
    Yep, that's why I grew my own so I know what I'm getting.

I really like Northern Lights myself....that's my daily nightcap to help wind down before bed.
  • juxt

You can get cartridges that fit these vapes we're talking about that are filled with pure CBD + terpenes. Those are the best/easiest, but sometimes you have to deal with pesticides...though they are testing a lot more now, but buyer beware as Baron mentioned.

If you can't get carts, then you want CBD extract, either wax, oil, shatter, budder, whatever consistency you can get. This is generally too thick to vape (even the 'oil'), though some have had success with Rubi pods I guess, so you have to add things to reduce the viscosity. If you use something like Wax Liquidizer it has that bad stuff PG/PEG, but it works and is cheaper. The good stuff is terpenes pulled from the plant itself, but those are more expensive to get as a mix.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment