• VapeCritic
    First review video in a long time I'm anxious! :grimace:

This is the NewVape FlowerPot VROD, I like it and I recommend it highly if you're looking for an excellent desktop vaporizer.

If you don't have a good glass rig to use this with NewVape also sells a few nice pieces for under $100, including the one I'm using in my video.

Right now the price of the VROD starter kit is $350 before any discounts, and that includes the stand but not the carb cap. You can also buy it piece by piece if you don't need everything.

As far as VROD vs. ShowerHead it's a tough call, I like both, but I might personally prefer the VROD since I don't always need to use the carb cap with it for flower.

Use my promo code VAPECRITIC for 10% off your order at NewVape :ok:

• reddytuckedin
    Changed your format slightly, that being said it was concise and informative, what times the stream? I'm looking to get disappointed when I don't win the competition :-(:-(
  • Trix
    Still the best. Great review. Nice to see it change up a bit. Definitely increased my desire for a NV flowerpot.
    I have to say your voice seems to have gone up in pitch some. Maybe slow it down...
    Also don't remember your beard being so gray. :scream:
  • nitrobacon
    I ordered a full vrod rig for their 710 sale. I am really looking forward it! Enjoyed the review
  • nickviper666999
    Hell yea can't wait. Ordering within 2 weeks!!
  • welshman
    ydxfofpzner5keml.jpeg

This is what happened to my plenty after getting a flowerpot. Fell down the back of a cupboard for 8 months and I forgot I even owned one haha
  • welshman
    Also uptemping on the VROD with the stock newvape controller. Possibly not the best thing for the coil but sooo tasty with both flower and dabs
  • Baron23
    I also like the format and hopefully, while still being concise, complete, and informative, it is also a bit quicker for you to produce. Very nice review.

Re: SiC...that is about the only dab surface I will use these days. I'm not spending the crazy money for sapphire and sapphire has proved to be fairly delicate so I stick with SiC.

I'm not sure where they are at with this one feature as I run a Showerhead for flower only and don't dab on my FP, but at one time they had SiC halos they were reselling from TAG and they were reselling the D-nail SiC but now I believe its only the D-nail which is a superior dish. I have a D-nail slim line SiC halo and that's a VERY nice dab surface.

Also, talking about temps...as you of all people well know...the temps we talk about are controller set points and the temps that the thermocouple in the coil is reporting back to the controller. These are related but not the same as the actual temp of the Ti head since this is an open system with energy going into the coil but energy being radiated back out into the ambient air. There is almost always a good size delta between set point (after heat soak and stabization) and the actual temp of the dab surface.

Likewise, the set point or even the actual Ti heater head temp is not the same as the temp of the air being drawn through it and draw speed does make a difference with these devices. Slower draw speed seems to let the air pick up more energy on its way to the load and faster does this less. Much like my Stickybrick Junior, for another example.

In the past, the key to narrow the delta between set point and heater head or dab surface actual temp, was to make sure you had a VERY tight well fitted coil. Then coil covers were added (you can see that in the shot Bud showed of the Showerhead) to help reduce lost energy and help close the gap between set point and actual.

With the Vrod, NewVape has taken that to new height. The entire heater head is designed around a specific coil. Yes, its a 20mm diameter coil, but its also higher from top to bottom by a good bit than other "hot runner" coils and it must coil in the right direction in order for the thermocouple to fit into the slot in the top of the inside of the heater.

In the past I have been critical of NV for driving customers to its controller by the use of the screw on aviation connector versus XLR connector. To me, this was a change that restricted owners coil sources without sufficient justification or benefit.

However, I do not feel that way about the Vrod where the coil is such an integral part of the heater head and is made to fit to a degree not seen before in enail tech. IMO, this tight coil to heater head integration indeed does provide benefit and will result in actual temps being much closer to set point. I don't know off hand of anybody taking a K-type thermometer to the heater head to measure the deltas (I did do this with my Liger banger and D-nail SiC halo) but I expect the delta to be smaller than what I get with exposed coil rigs like the D-nail.

Because I don't dab on my FP and because my showerhead is still relatively new and in great condition, I don't need to spend more money on a Vrod. But if I was shopping from scratch today, I think the Vrod is the way I would go just for the coil-heater integration.

Great review, Bud. Like it a lot, like the format a lot.
  • techvape

Thanks for you opinion. Actually I’d wanted to ask you about this. :)
    But an Auber rdk 300 is still better with the knob regulator. So tough call if buying a FP
  • Baron23
    Yep, I just wish someone would make an aviation to XLR adapter cable (I think JCAT on FC was doing something like this) as while I don't mind buying NV's coil for the VROD, I already have two controllers and definitely do NOT want one of the VapeCode boxes that NV white labels (just to be clear, I don't think there is anything wrong with white labeling at all...done all of the time).

I do like the Auber better as I also like the rotary nob and my RDK-300 works wonderfully. But my Chinese Omron E5CC PID controller also works wonderfully (but has up/down buttons that are standard on the Omron PID subassembly).

I like the Vrod but I'm good with what I have now and really do think an adapter cable should be made available for those who already have a controller with the much more standard XLR.

Even HighFive offers adapter cables to change the pin outs on their controller to cross-connect in order to match D-nail layout (but its still XLR on both ends). With NV, no cross connection is needed as they use the D-nail pin out scheme, but they do need a connector adapter to work with almost every other controller currently available besides the VapeCode/NV controller.

https://highfivevape.com/e-nails/e-nail-parts-accessories.html
  • VapeCritic
    Great review, BudBaron23

Ummm yours was better!! :sweat: :ok:

But really everyone read what Baron wrote because it's basically what I didn't hit in the video, thanx my man!
  • VapeCritic
    Thanks guys I know the format was different and I feel like I get a different vibe with each vape on how I should review them, guess that's why the vids are mixed up but so is my brain what can I say! :lol:

Since this was my first one in a while it took me way longer than it should have to complete :sweat:
  • VapeCritic
    Also very glad that all of you are diggin your Flowerpots :100:
  • VapeCritic
    I have to say your voice seems to have gone up in pitch some. Maybe slow it down...Trix

lol snap really?? someone on youtube said same thing, was that you?? :lol: great now ANOTHER thing I need to double check before I post videos :rofl:

Funny story, this was the second recording of the audio, the first time I recorded it there was static when I went to edit it, making videos is fun!! :shade: lol
  • VapeCritic
    Also don't remember your beard being so gray. :scream:Trix

Listen I'm down with the gray beard it's the bald spot on top that's killin me!! :rofl:
  • Baron23
    Ummm yours was better!! :sweat: :ok:VapeCritic

hehehehe...yeah, I'm bucking for a promotion and a raise. Wait....we don't paid. Never mind! LOL
  • Baron23
    lol snap really?? someone on youtube said same thing, was that you?? :lol: great now ANOTHER thing I need to double check before I post videos :rofl:VapeCritic

I thought your voice sounded fine...just like always. I'm not saying you are Richard Attenborough narrating a nature documentary, but you sounded fine to me.

Maybe work on a James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader voice? LOL

hyrx3yjuaoer5rol.jpg
  • MAbud

yup, JCAT built me one and its awesome. 20mm NV coil with VROD on Auber control box works perfectly
  • Skyvaper
    Nice change of pace getting back to the another review. I did notice a change in your voice too. I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. And there is nothing creepy with being familiar with another mans tone of voice!!!
  • Trix

As a musician it stood out right away to me not a big deal. Just different maybe he felt rushed because it was the second take. I have watched a few of these videos. Yes only a few. :wink:
  • Baron23
    And there is nothing creepy with being familiar with another mans tone of voice!!!Skyvaper

Yes there is!!! hahaha jk :rofl: :wink:
  • Trix

Embrace it as I have one day the only haircut will be deciding on a #1,#2,#3, so many decisions. :lol:
    Enjoy it why you got it.
  • Skyvaper
    @Trix
    I think my musicians ear definitely had something to do with it!
    @Baron23
    Yes Ive "shamefully" watched every single vape critic video. Its been a long vaping journey!!

The flower pot really intrigues me. It sucks that Im not in a position for a set up like this as I cant have coils and rigs and "equipment" lying around.

Maybe VC can host a Kickin it with the Critic so he can share those vapes.
  • Cannabliss420
    I unloaded the switch I bought on ebay. I only lost 60 out of what I paid. I just ordered vrod kit. Thank you @VapeCritic for discount code. It really helped. I also ordered the NW sic dish but saw a dnail sic dish.whats the difference between the two sic dishes?
  • nitrobacon
    I've had my Vrod for 3 days now. The Flowerpot is one efficient, robust and fun vape to use for sure. Very versatile when it comes to how much or little herb you want to vape at a time. The FP is my First desktop and it does not disappoint.

I wish I had ordered some of the other screens, l made the mistake of assuming it came with both the reg titanium and double weave titanium. I guess I now have an excuse to order a panhead bowl and sic dish .

The full kit is a very nice package albeit on the expensive side. You get everything you need to get the most out of the FP right from the get go. For someone without glass/pid/coil it was the best option for me.

I find that with water it produces some seriously smooth vapor and without water a very flavorfull and satisfying hit.

Thanks @VapeCritic For the review, definitely reassured my choice of the Vrod over the showerhead!
  • LabPong
    I wish I had ordered some of the other screens, l made the mistake of assuming it came with both the reg titanium and double weave titanium. I guess I now have an excuse to order a panhead bowl and sic dish .nitrobacon

Your best upgrade would also be the least expensive upgrade. GLASS BOWL. :ok:
  • nitrobacon
    @LabPong I'll snag a glass bowl as well. Thanks!
  • Cannabliss420
    Don't turn temp up to 1000 unless you want a rainbow colored vrod. Lesson learned
  • Baron23
    chuckling here cause I know some folks who do it on purpose as that like that case hardened rainbow effect when you really heat the Ti.

I don't know if something like Semi-Chrome will polish that off or not....but as I said, there are many who think its an aesthetic improvement. Maybe look at it that way?
  • Cannabliss420
    @Baron23 thanks lol. i just like things to look nice shinny like my guitars and ARs. I know grasshopper charges alot more money for the ti rainbow effect so I guess I saved money there lol. Grasshopper has had my unit for six months. Their sevice sucks. This is my first experience with the flowerpot.I sold the switch after my disapointment. I love how well it vapes flower.but I still like vapexhale evo experience more for concentrates.
  • Baron23
    Grasshopper has had my unit for six months. Their sevice sucksCannabliss420

I'm with you there...three or four months for an RMA and it came back running cold to the point of not functioning so back to the RMA. Working good right now, but....LOL

I have a ShowerHead FP and only use it for flower. I like the Vrod but really don't see me doing twax double-decker hits too often....more a novelty to me than anything else.

But the Vrod is a very slick, highly integrated, and attractive design. Very cool.

Cheers
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet