• Vapedude
    I don’t want to be a buzz kill, but in the whole grand scheme of things,(of how this Plutocrastic society has stripped the middle class, due in part to inflation, taxation, and wage stagnation, dollar devaluation, as the governement continues to print worthless paper money, backed up by nothing, out into thin air, to pay off a debt that can’t be paid off), $99 plus tax plus shipping = one fuking expensive grinder loll

For God’s sakes It’s just an f ing grinder loll

But like I said, it does look purty. :razz:
  • lazylathe

Please remember this is in Canadian dollars!!!
    Around $75 US dollars.
    Similar to other grinders available.
    Also made of very expensive aluminum alloy!!
  • Futurevapors
    Do you know what price the 4 piece will be at all?
  • lazylathe

Not sure are the moment!
    They are focusing on the 3 piece for now.
    4 piece will be next after they have perfected everything on the 3 piece.
    It will most likely be a 3 piece that you can add a sitting screen to, so not a totally separate grinder.
  • Vapedude
    Please remember this is in Canadian dollars!!!
    Around $75 US dollars.
    Similar to other grinders available.
    Also made of very expensive aluminum alloy!!
    lazylathe

I probably should of been more clear. I wasn’t only picking on the Diamond. I was accusing :point: your competition as well. Equally.
  • lazylathe

I get it bro!
    I guess I am okay with their price due to it being totally custom made in house.
    This is not going to be a mass production run of thousands of grinders either.
    They have one machine and a few people on the team.

I would rather buy a grinder like this than something off Amazon or similar.

Lately I have also noticed a marked increase in the demand for locally made products, which is awesome! Everything from hand knitted goods to wooden dynavap stems turned at home is blowing up! So glad to see it heading this way again instead of just buying from China or similar.
  • Futurevapors
    You hit the nail on the head there Buddy. To bring these new custom toys to market they have to come at a price the guys making them can afford To live and vape so I'm 100% ok with paying for quality/lifetime warranty.

and If we keep helping to promote our favourite companie's products, more people will buy them and the prices will naturally go down but the manufacturers will be in constant demand and be making better money!

Once it's legal world wide, things going crazy busy in the cannabis sceane.

Hope I'm around to see that day.
  • LabPong
    I don’t want to be a buzz kill, but in the whole grand scheme of things, $99 plus tax plus shipping = one fuking expensive grinder loll

For God’s sakes It’s just an f ing grinder loll

But like I said, it does look purty. :razz:
    Vapedude

No buzz kill there are all........... :victory:

But you could of left out this killjoy.....

(of how this Plutocrastic society has stripped the middle class, due in part to inflation, taxation, and wage stagnation, dollar devaluation, as the governement continues to print worthless paper money, backed up by nothing, out into thin air, to pay off a debt that can’t be paid off),
    — Vapedude

:snicker:
  • lazylathe

They are most likely holding back due to legalization happening in Canada on the 17th of October 2018. Just my speculation but that would be an auspicious day to launch your comp8and product!!

Anytime you are in Ontario, Canada you are free to stop by and sample the local greenery!!
  • Vapedude
    Oh not me buddy...Lol, if i understood you correctly (probably not loll), you can bet your horses, I’ll be left out of THAT kill joy!

By that I mean, after the currency collapses and the elites have finished stripping everybody off,

I’ll be rich :halo: lol
  • Summer
    @VapeCritic, could you change the name of the thread to The Brilliant Cut Grinder (maybe add in parenthesis formerly The Diamond Cut Grinder -- whatever you think best) because as of now this is the name the company is going with. There are 2 other diamond cut grinder name variations already in existence. Thanks!
  • Cl4ud3
    Changed that. They dropped the Stona name then ?
  • Futurevapors
    That's weird as on looks this grinder doesn't scream CUT with it's Hexagon teeth, it actually looks as if it's trying to move away from CUTTING material and more to Crumbling instead.

Just by looking at it and how it operates i think something like: "The Diamond Crumblier"
  • Summer

Per the mfr.:

"We will most likely change the name again. There is simply too much negative feedback for us to move forward with it.

We aren't too attached to the name "Stona" and we don't like the negative connotation that it carries.

We are leaning towards "the Brilliant Cut Grinder". What do you guys think? It's suiting because the geometry on the top and bottom faces is a modified brilliant cut. It can also refer to the grind quality, which is brilliant as well."
  • LabPong
    That's weird as on looks this grinder doesn't scream CUT with it's Hexagon teeth, it actually looks as if it's trying to move away from CUTTING material and more to Crumbling instead.

Just by looking at it and how it operates i think something like: "The Diamond Crumblier"
    Futurevapors

Have you seen the grind result pics Lazy posted? The grinds are the best looking so far that I have seen.....not even close to "crumbling/crumbled" lol

This grinder is looking to kick serious performance buttocks!
  • Futurevapors
    I think you picked me up wrong friend?

Crumbling Bud between you fingers in my eyes give you a brilliant grinder without cutting the herb? So with this Diamond teeth not being sharp and Hexagon shaped "No Teeth" I naturally thought the out come would be crumbled texture and Not cut, hence why the picks of the grind look good. :starstruck:
  • LabPong
    ahhh.....where I am from.....crumbling is like smashing or pulverizing. lol
  • VapeCritic
    Hey guys I was just reading through this thread and didn't see any working links for more info or to buy this thing, did they change their Instagram?
  • lazylathe

This is their new link!
    https://www.instagram.com/brilliant.cut.grinder/

Not available yet but I would contact them on IG and see if you could review them for them!
    I have sent them a message to contact you for a review!
  • LabPong
    I like this part.

But not sure how I feel about the lack of a flat bottom piece.....
  • lazylathe

The disc of flat aluminum that it rests on is 1" around.
    I love the way it sits on my desk, amlost above it as the shadow suggests.
    It does not tip over unless you intentionally flick it over with some force.
    Even a knock with a finger and it just wobbles a bit before stopping on the flat, never spilled any herb so far.
    And with it all together it is quite heavy so it sits very stable.
    Also works as a palm grip if your hands are feeling weak.
  • Summer
    The mfr. has a presence on FC. If interested, read his posts from here forward:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/brilliant-cut-grinder.26878/page-6#post-1292137
  • VapeCritic
    Plz keep us posted here, i want one of these :ok:
  • LabPong
    Thanks Summer.......omg that center drill design.....freakin Einstein going on there!

This will be the grinder that makes other metal grinders......rethink things.
  • Vapedude
    This will be the grinder that makes other metal grinders......rethink things.LabPong

Yeah, lol.

By the looks of it, this will be the first grinder, that will make me shell out a brownie, for a grinder lol.

After reading this part,

The goal was to eliminate binding and jamming and we did. This grinder is smooth when it is clean or dirty. You don't need to clean it to maintain its functionality like other grinders.

I was like SOLD lol
  • VapeCritic
    lookin spicy :eyes:
  • Summer
    & also check out the FC thread referenced a few posts above for the mfr's latest update.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet