It takes me 3 times(sometimes 2)to grind an eighth with an SLX, how will that compare to the BCG?
  • EconMan
    What can I say, I have very little patience! LOLBaron23

Yep. Evidence set 2. Barron has been has had his mind altered. :nerd:
    #InvasionOfTheBodySnatchers
  • Summer
    It takes me 3 times(sometimes 2)to grind an eighth with an SLX, how will that compare to the BCG?Startedat52

I would like to know the answer to this too. As I only grind .3 at a time, I would think that a 1 gram bud would be doable without breaking it up? Personally, I would break up 1g up into thirds to place on the grinder plate.
  • LabPong
    I still can't figure out if I should order the fine or medium plate....... :chin: :roll:
  • EconMan

I just got the HerbRipper in and now that my flower supply is replenished, and I got the obligatory dab out of the way, I'm going to do a full review of it.
    Re new grinders in general, I am always excited about the coarse plate, since this is one relatively neglected and rarely is a grinder's COARSE actually coarse. :angry:
    The HerbRipper is. TInkering with the fine it is really fine... like for a Pax. The medium is what I suspect most convection vape users will use most. I tend towards things that do well with a coarse grind. (I prefer the G43 with a #FF2 style coarse grind (more like rip)

Summer, good idea. I'll weigh out standardized buds (.3g is good) and take pics of the results. Might be useful to others as well. I too tend to get OCD in how I "load" my grinder... lol :nerd:

As an FYI, I plan to also buy the BCG for I like them both for differing reasons. :)
  • ChlorophyllMan
    Hiya, be great to hear your comparisons of the BCG with the Ripper. I think there are a few of us that have both on our wishlist but can't really justify buying both. Help us make our choice!
  • EconMan

Just did. :)
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3144/the-ripper-stainless-steel-grinder

Now that I have a bunch of ground flower... what to do with it? :naughty:
  • Vapedude
    I still can't figure out if I should order the fine or medium plate....... :chin:LabPong

If I know you well enough :halo: , then I would highly recommend you buy BOTH fine and medium plates. The course plate one, unless you roll Spliffs, I don’t think you will ever need it.

Certain strains, dryness level, etc, and method used to administer your medication, will require that you have both on stand-by.

If you can only afford one, then get the medium plate, it’s the best compromise, Jack of All Trades if you will.

I have a Fine plate, in a different colour on the way. That way, I won’t mix up my plates as I vape on_the_fly :cool: .

The medium plate is serving me well, and prolly would for the rest of my life, but a picky dude like me, for sure needs the fine plate too!

I didn’t order the fine plate with the medium plate to begin with, because I wanted to see and feel the gold colour in person, so that I could make a very educated decision, on what different colour’d plate, to order the fine one in :nerd:
  • LabPong
    If I know you well enough :halo: , then I would highly recommend you buy BOTH fine and medium plates. The course plate one, unless you roll Spliffs, I don’t think you will ever need it.Vapedude

Dang it.....that is not what I want to hear haaaaa.

No combusting for me at all......fine plate or medium options only.
  • Vapster707
    yea I'm really up in tha air about which one to buy Ripper or BCG ...I see things I like in both but to spend that much on both grinders is just crazy in my book ...As someone thay start vaping last yr so fairly know to stuff its crazy to me how much grinders cost in general ..
    I thought $45 on a Santa Cruz shredder was alot so to double that it wound need to be my last gringer ever ...
  • Baron23
    I used my BCG last night with some wonderful Grease Monkey with the fine grind plate.

The grind was extremely consistent (good thing) and was indeed a true fine grind.

I did load the grinder up pretty good and yeah, you have to press the lid on and its can be a bit tough to get it to move at first (like any grinder that's basically stuffed) but once it moved a bit it took very little effort and, as said, the resulting grind was outstanding. As I believe I said somewhere else in this thread, I tend to bulk grind an 1/8 - 1/4 at a time and then Space Case it up so I do tend to stuff grinders.

I do continue to urge them to make a larger version that will provide a bit more torque and grip. I do think a 2.75" - 3" would be wonderful. If you have hand strength issues, this might give you a bit of a challenge (in which case I would recommend the New Vape Armband version of their Fine Grinder which has the best grip I have found).

It is very attractive and very effective.

551v3s6iiz8oq158.jpeg
  • EconMan
    Dang it.....that is not what I want to hear haaaaa.

No combusting for me at all......fine plate or medium options only.
    LabPong

IMO, coarse works best for #FF2
  • LabPong
    IMO, coarse works best for #FF2EconMan

I only put rosin in my FF2..... :cool:

Flower is for my G43, Elev8R, Lotus, and Arizers.
  • Mmafighterthe26
    Lift grinder is amazing, I'm trying out a brilliant cuts this Friday
  • fatbiker
    I’ve been using my BCG for the past few weeks and am very pleased. I initially bought the fine and medium grind plates. The fine is very comparable to the NV fine grinder. The medium is very similar to my four piece space case.

Last week I ordered the course plate to complete the set. Should’ve just bought the whole kit to begin with. However, I emailed GFL and they hooked me up. Their customer service is top notch. Very responsive and pleasant.

This is a beautiful grinder that is built very well. I shouldn’t have to buy a grinder for many years to come. The aspect I enjoy most about his grinder is the fact that it is threadless. Being able to grind and quickly peel the collection plate off is fantastic. I used a space case exclusively for the past four years and don’t miss the threads at all. Overall, this is a slam dunk! If you are on the fence about buying one do it. You will not be disappointed.
  • Atomize
    There is a sale on for the final cut at the moment $10 off
  • Atomize
    Brilliant cut
  • Gonzo
    Anyone know how long it takes to get the BC grinder? Been 3 weeks since I ordered one and it still shows "Processing" as the status online.
  • Baron23
    Depends on the color you ordered, I believe. Some colors were delayed at the anodizer....something like that, anyway.

Tagging @Grinders For Life for you...maybe you can post what you ordered or order number and hopefully will see it and respond. Or, you can open a contact with him through the web site and inquire.

Cheers
  • kebcatmorgan
    Came in today. I L-O-V-E IT!

6s2oshg0xb9xzg8s.jpeg
    2471s7a7losuwl32.jpeg
    hcy4kg6otmuc5kec.jpeg

Do you get a shipping notification or do they just show up?
  • kebcatmorgan
    I needed to visit the customs office for this.

But somehow the G43 f.e. showed up at my post office :D I guess some things slip and some don't.
  • Exfiltrate
    Ordered a few weeks ago and haven’t heard anything, how long do these take to ship?
  • Gonzo
    It took 28 days for me to get mine. Was definitely worth the wait, it grinds like a beast.
  • Kinick23
    Took almost 5 weeks to ship from order date and a week to get from Cad to US..
  • iamdiosa
    Mine took about 5 weeks as well. I ordered a color they had a delay on (the sapphire blue color) so it took longer for mine. Well worth the wait. I love this thing. I've been using a Kozo Grinder and it's been good, and I use the Trees Grinders I've gotten for free and they are decent. But the BCG has been fantastic.
  • Law7764
    Finally!!!
    I ordered on March 8, and 3:30 AM I got a email from grinders for life saying that my item was shipped out. Can’t wait to see what this is about!
    Feb 22, just got email yesterday. Good, I need to grind, lol.
  • Grinders For Life
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the support. We're working our hardest to get through all the orders, and I'm working overtime pretty much everyday. We're extremely grateful for every order.

We're currently giving 10% off for 420, so if you were thinking of buying one, it's a great time. The sale ends on 4/21.

xtba6pp44m69m5a9.jpg
  • MothChewMoth
    I saw this earlier and couldn't resist a set. Where can I find images of the various color combinations? It would be so cool for you to put up a customer gallery so someone can see what a particular combination will look like (if a photo exists).

Also, I will say that recommendation from @VapeCritic played a large part in my purchase.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment