• Bad Dog
    sweet video bro
  • Magicman
    @Bud
    Gib secret code.
  • spider
    Nice rundown, but I sure would have liked to have seen the fine plate get a lil more love..In action..
  • Baron23
    haha. Nice one!

I like the format and am glad your found a project for during quarantine. :sweat: :up: :100:

Still love mine!
  • Terpenetime
    Cool review and a well chosen tune too... you’ve still got it @Bud :100:
  • kebcatmorgan
    The red and black is killer. I have gold and black. Nice video (did anybody notice it's 4:20 minutes long?) @Bud, I'm still hoping for the state of vape 2020 :D.
  • Hapo
    ...anyone thinking of ordering one should have ordered one yesterday...
  • Popeye175
    axobpf9qkltoqwlz.jpg
    Fact;I ordered mine on,3/12/20
    received on;4/14/20ya7svsbm2wmg6dk7.jpg
    I received a maxx brick on4/18/20
    ready to enjoy ✌
  • Magicman
    @Popeye175
    Damn, you got full package.
  • Popeye175
    When I pull up to the drive thru I don't get the regular,
    I supersize it, lol✌
  • LabPong
    Fact;I ordered mine on,3/12/20Popeye175

Nice package!

What color is the top and bottom piece....i think one of the plates is the same too...hematite?
  • Popeye175
    The top,middle,bottom are hematite.
    The fine plate is sapphire.
    The course plate is onyx.✌
  • mmx
    nice one. Somehow thought hematite would look darker, it's very similar to silver.. but its probably the light
  • Matty aka Matty
    I've noticed some slight flaking already on all of the posts where the grinder connects. Had it about 4 months and can only imagine the teeth are next...

Disappointing.
  • Terpenetime
    I've noticed some slight flaking already on all of the posts where the grinder connects. Had it about 4 months and can only imagine the teeth are next...Matty aka Matty

Sounds like an issue with the anodising process... can you upload some photographs so we can see what you’re talking about?
  • Matty aka Matty
    I can attempt to in the morning. Hopefully my phone camera can pick it up.
  • LabPong
    Popeye175
    nice one. Somehow thought hematite would look darker, it's very similar to silver.. but its probably the light
    mmx

I was going to originally get the hematite last year.....then after messaging the maker about availability...he said the hematite did not come out as dark gray as they wanted...and it was more blue steel color as we see here. I opted for the onyx cause.....I just default to black for all my vape colors lol.
  • Matty aka Matty

490nqxd5511lc5vr.jpg

Same flaking can be seen anywhere the posts connect and its been getting worse with pretty light use... Since I've noticed it I've went back to using my old Cali Crusher Homegrown more and more.

Not exactly what I expected from a grinder this expensive. =/
  • Terpenetime
    @Matty aka Matty I’m sure that would be covered by their warranty. I’d reach out to Grinders For Life and see if they’ll replace it. Let us know how you get on. Good luck :pray:
  • Alexis
    it might be a lot easier for us all to see the exa t extent and nature of the degredation and wear if the grinder was cleaned or at least fully brushed out.

My stoned eyes are seeing herb flecks around? Sorry if I'm wrong. Vision is hazy right now.

But if so- if you could give it a good brush out or wipe out, ( now that you have mastered picture posting , not taking the piss bro lol)...

If you could maybe post another shot of a much cleaner as in herb particle free grinder that would make it much clearer what we are looking at.

Being a lucky owner of one of these grinders myself I am naturally interested and thank you for sharing your experience and photograph.
  • Alexis
    by the way, I definitely agree with I think it was a surmisation (is that a valid word??) Cos like, to summarize and surmise are their ownn words to this day, and I believe have slightly different meanings and applicatitns.

I like surmise. It's more succinct, bottom line I think? I like bottom lines lol! :smile:

Haha, sorry,,got sidetracked . Very high on herb edibles.

Anyway, Baron suggested I strongly believe it may be the initial alignment when placing the magnetic plates together, which can lead to chipping.

I have instcinctively tried to avoid dinking those plates and centre posts together for this reason.

In fact, I realised before I typed this post that I already had recognised that to be possibly the only single arguable design flaw of the BCG grinder that potential for those inside spikes chip and where each other haha.

My mum loves pur new BCG anyway. I have mostly been on a vapour break 90% of the time this winter but my mum makes the edibles currently.

she loves using the BCG and finds it so much easier and more enjoyable in every way grinding up 12 at a time compared to the heavy clunkier new vape grinders.

Bud's latest review was really cool as well I thought. I liked everything about it. Good work Bud. :strong: :up:
  • Matty aka Matty

Cleaned that area off with a bit of iso on a q-tip... Hopefully this pic is better.

r68095kxvyex1xy4.jpg

Barely used it and have been extremely careful when sticking the pieces back together ever since I noticed... And it's still getting worse.
  • Alexis
    good job mate and thanks for doing that and posting I think unfortunately however careful you are some sort of contact is inevitable especially the more cained we get.
  • Will90
    Don't all anodized aluminum grinders suffer from this issue?
  • Matty aka Matty

I've noticed a tiny bit on the threads of my Cali Crusher Homegrown, but the threads also aren't sitting in the middle of the herb chamber. And it's not even close to this extent after having that grinder for at least 5 years now.
  • ScentNomad
    I don't think there's much to do to avoid this issue – however, it doesn't worry me at all. Chipping in the actual grinding area would. But these centering pyramids do not grind on the pin while using the BCG so I don't see a problem here (although I find those pics to show some heavy wear considering it was used lightly, I'm using my BCG every day for ~3 months and it's nowhere near there).
  • LabPong
    Cleaned that area off with a bit of iso on a q-tip... Hopefully this pic is better.Matty aka Matty

The wear is on the part of the grinder plate...that nothing touches it.....it is the bottom of the middle plate. What is contacting that part of your grinder?
  • Matty aka Matty

That is where the post in the herb chamber connects to the bottom of the grind plate. So contact definitely gets made there when connecting the pieces together... Which means that debris is going right into your material.

There is also flaking on the herb chamber post, but it's not as visible as it is on the grind plate yet.
  • LabPong
    Gotcha.....bummer that is happening....I have not seen that yet on my onyx one yet.

I wonder if different color or just different batches of the process might be more prone than others?

It is one area where there is metal to metal contact normally as it goes together.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment