• metalmancpa
    I swear not vaping makes me feel worse. More tired, less energetic, and generally feeling meh. And I don't buy into the withdrawal thing.

I'm taking a break (1 week so far) until August 19th. I am running in the Falmouth Road Race (7 miles), and even though I run year round and vape, when I pay $'s for a race I like to do a mini cleanse, just because.

It just so happens there is a 2nd reason for the break. I am changing my life insurance, and they perform a blood and urine test which is scheduled for the 15th. Hopefully I gave it enough time to clear my system of THC. I purchased some test strips, and will monitor next week. I think the thing I have going for me is I have a decent body fat % (12-14%), am 155lbs at 5'10.5". I've read that having more fat means THC is stored more so, so in my case maybe not as much and quicker to dissapate. I drink a lot of water anyways and pee a lot. I just don't want to get hit with a smokers rate for the policy.

Did I say it SUCKS looking at my vapes and flower every day...just looking :-( BOO HOO!! I've already called the wambulance.
  • LabPong
    Despite health levels......30 days on the wagon is normally minimum. Good luck with that test....I have to take one next month....argggggg
  • metalmancpa
    I realize 30 days in the norm. Although I vape almost daily, I can only hope that the fact I don't go through a lot of flower might help. I probably average now either one Mighty session or maybe 1-2 VapCap amounts daily which I believe is on the lower end. Again, too late now to worry, and will just see what happens.
  • Gonzo
    Most likely the drug screening will be done on your urine. Don't give a urine sample first thing in the morning, because it's more concentrated at that time. Drink lots of water to get your urine diluted throughout the day and then give a sample. The longer you can go without vaping, before the testing, will also help.
  • metalmancpa
    It will be 2.5 weeks no vaping when test time. It will be 9:30AM. Will drink plenty of water night before to force this old man to pee when I get up at 5:30AM. Plus, come sample time, will 1st pre some in toilet before giving sample.
  • LabPong
    Get up at 4am and drink 2 cups of strong coffee.....then pee 3 times before you test....lol That will be my method before testing.
  • juxt
    I've already called the wambulance.metalmancpa
    That's good, because I was dialing them as I read this ;)

One other note, when you give the sample, don't include the beginning or the end of the stream, only the middle ... I know it kinda sounds gross, but the stuff they measure for is concentrated at the beginning and end, so if you can get started then put the cup under and catch then remove cup before finishing it's best.

Also, water flush is fine but some places test for that ... fine to drink a lot of water leading up to it, but make sure to switch to Gatorade at least 2 - 3 days before. And taking a B2 supplement will keep your pee nice and normal yellow during all this.
  • bum karacho
    i one of this at home . it works teste it twice :wink: :cool:
  • bum karacho
    also the fake urine of this company is exellent :heart: :clap: :lol:
  • Zep4
    Good luck guys. Please let us know how you do!
    hok4mumfoluz6i96.jpeg
    makcenharxucaufc.jpeg
    l35xdezu6uojjag6.jpeg
  • Kakarot
    If you can find good quality dehydrated powder pee that is the best.. I would NEVER trust any kind of flushing product
  • metalmancpa
    I have some test strips and will be checking this week to see how it reads. I'm guessing will be positive today as it's only been 9 days with no vaping. So sad.
  • Futurevapors
    I think wake up drink 2liters and piss that out then more water, you will basically be peeing water only.

Say no to blood test, find a new job as your allowed tobacco that kills all day but not cannabis that heals, messed up
  • GhostMV1User
    There are cleaners u can buy for day of test. Do that. Buy the one you drink.

There are cleanse pills u can also take daily, but definitely do the day of cleanse drink
  • metalmancpa
    test strip today - positive - will test Wed & Fri and see if any changes just doing my normal thing

I'll think about cleansing over this upcoming weekend if continued positive
  • okla68m
    Jobs I was tested at would Fail a "Dilute" sample..."you water loaded" they'd say !
  • Futurevapors
    Jesus that's so crazy.

What is it about cannabis they don't want employees using instead of tobacco/alcohol?
  • MothChewMoth
    Good luck man. Thankfully I haven't had to do one of those in the last 10 years or so.

I'm also taking a break for a bit to see how it affects my tolerance. I don't notice a daily difference so far, but my sleep hasn't been as good. I plan on waiting till my sleep gets back to normal before I start back up; hopefully I can wait!
  • okla68m
    Last time I RAN OUT.....had Vaped All my ABV....By the second day, Cold Chills, Sweats, Nausea, Vomiting, No Appitite, Can't Sleep.......Almost Exactly like Opiate Withdrawals. ......so, Don't see any BREAKS in My future, If I can Help It !
  • metalmancpa
    My sleep has been "off" too. I will stay on this break until my race on Aug 19th. But since I'm flying off to visit my daughter for a week, and I can't take anything with me, I just might continue the break until I get back late August.

My test is for life insurance. I own my own company, so I didn't fire myself yesterday with the positive test strip result. I think companies either fear people may work impaired on their dime, and simply don't understand MJ other than the stigma that it's a drug. They probably watched Reefer Madness too many times.

I know the detox methods purchased don't seem to generally work, but I purchased Sonne's #7 to give it a shot. I figured why not. My fault for not breaking earlier, although I honestly hadn't planned to change my life insurance policy until a meeting I had.
  • Futurevapors
    The worlds so strange!

You're allowed to smoke Tobacco and drink alcohol BUT Cannabis is seriously damaging to the point that it's going to effect your life insurance? wtf
  • metalmancpa
    To me it is crazy too. I did the interview and did tell them I smoke MJ occasionally. Although I vape 5-6 times a week and that technically isn't occasional, I know I do not smoke a lot of product - one Mighty or 1-2 VapCaps when I do smoke. That being said, when interviewing with the agent I said unlike cigarettes or alcohol there is no discernable proof that MJ is a health risk even close to the other two. Plus I said why don't they look at me, someone who recently ran a marathon and runs 30-35 miles per week as a healthy individual for preferred rates, MJ or not. Doesn't matter - if THC tests positive my rates could be significantly higher.
  • Futurevapors
    yes I run too and I'd seriously struggle to do 15k a week if I was smoking and tobacco'ing

Not sure if it's even possible for mj to cause any health risk so what are they increasing premiums for using it?

I hope you pass dude

mean while thousand of humans are being healed by mj?
  • MothChewMoth
    I had a rough time getting to sleep last night, then dreamt I was vaping. Guess I need that break after all!
  • metalmancpa
    I did another test strip this morning, one week out. Two days ago completely positive. Today, the 2nd line is faintly starting to show which would be a negative. So there is still hope. I just hope I'm one of "those" who can disprove the 30 days to get THC out of the system. Still not confident yet, but we shall see.

MJ is so stigmatized and misunderstood. Forget that it's legal now for recreational use in my state (MA). And forget that there is no link to cancer as with cigarettes, something I could understand why you would have to pay an increased premium for life insurance due to the increase health risk.

In the interview I was actually asked questions like did I in the past 5 yrs or plan to in the next 2 yrs to jump out of a plane or other extreme sport. I guess that's a risk too.

I had absolutely an incredible dream last night. Actually on or off vaping I love my dreams - mini movies. I am embracing this break for another 3 weeks, and then I'll see how I feel. I took a 6 month break several times in the past decade, and never really felt better. Again though, is my diminishing brain a sign of age and maybe genes (Dad has dementia) or from smoking since I was 15 (geesh, 43 years and counting). Never a heavy smoker, but a regular one.
  • Futurevapors
    Strange question? I don't have life insurance or health insurance and i never intend to need either, this might sound like the dumbest thing on the world but I really don't have enough to loose to warrant either, just a thought, why bother having it.

In regards to feeling better for stopping vaping cannabis? That always confused me as I don't think vaping it is unhealthy so won't effect you on it or off it, IMO

I've 100% been vaping daily for over a years now and No side effect what so ever, I have never crave a Bowl when i'm out and without, like NEVER, but i did crave Tobacco joints when i use to smoke them directly because of the tobacco.

I literally feel health and i feel i'm less wanting a demanding bullshit job that's highly paid, i'd rather just be happy at work and home now days, is that lazyness due to cannabis? NO, it's just me realising i do not have to follow everyone else into this bizarre lifestyle of wanting everything other people have and wanting to look better or have more then others only to please myself and in turn be more unhappy.

I basically dissolved Greed.

Weed is a very good vice, it keeps you out of trouble :kiss:
  • Rich
    I am not positive but have heard that if you fail the test for insurance that they share info with all ins. companies. Meaning you might not be able to try another ins. company. You should check that out if you can. Life ins. is very important for your loved ones in case of your demise so I understand your concerns...Good luck bro..
  • MothChewMoth
    don't want to start an off topic political conversation, but I'll try to answer your question. Healthcare costs here in the good ol' USA are absurd. Getting in an accident or seriously ill can RUIN your finances (and your family's) if you don't have health insurance. Most developed countries have some sort of universal healthcare in order to make sure that doesn't happen, while here it's a financial monopoly. Many people are turning to things like GoFundMe when they get sick to pay off medical bills than can be up in the $100,000+ USD range. It's insane, and hits the low/middle classes the hardest.

Life insurance (as opposed to health insurance) is less essential, but still very important depending on your situation. It's basically a cash payout for your surviving family (or you) in the event of an untimely demise. For example, I've got a mortgage on a house with a wife and young child while being the primary bread-winner for my family. If I were to croak tomorrow and didn't have life insurance, they'd likely lose the house and struggle financially for a long time. Our life insurance would provide enough to pay off the house and send the kid to a good college if one of us croaked.

TL;DR - health insurance is essential in the USA if you don't want to risk losing everything from a serious illness. Life insurance is a smart move if you have major assets (like a house) and dependants.

Hopefully this helps!
  • Futurevapors
    Yeah I did think about this after my comment and thought, UAS is totally different to Europe and i know little about UAS also, So I possible shouldn't have even commented :zip:

I should have both myself but I don't, I can afford my our life but if i start paying these insurances in Ireland my family would have a lot less per month because Ireland is expensive and i'm on 1 income and my partner is a stay at home mum with 3 kids.
  • metalmancpa
    MothChewMoth answered the life insurance question. Kids are grown up, wife doesn't work and is on disability (chronic pain). If I go, it will help keep her in the house by paying it off. I have had $500,000 term life for a while which is like rent. As you get older term rates skyrocket, thus at 58, am converting $100,000 to whole life and as such I have to go through the whole screening process again (drug test etc). WHole life is an investment. In 10 years it will be paid off, and will have cash value like money in the bank.

I have been vaping for several years now. All the decades prior was smoking, usually with a dugout/bat. I know vaping is "safer" as less carcinogens enter the body. But I am aware of diminishing brain skills as I age. I always believed it was MJ related even though I did not consume a lot of product even as an almost daily smoker, thus I don't consider myself a heavy user. An ounce goes a long way with me. But when my Dad's dementia came out of the closet 3+ years ago, now I wonder if any diminishing brain capacity is hereditary versus MJ related.

I honestly don't believe I'll ever quit MJ, nor do I want to. I've always said given the choice, I would toss all of my rum away (have 57 bottles at home - a collector of sorts) if I was given the choice of alcohol or MJ. Alcohol would be gone in a heartbeat.
  • metalmancpa
    Did I say it's painful opening up the cabinet and seeing my wonderful collection of vapes beginning to collect dust?

I purchased Sonne's #7 Detox. After all my research, I came to the realization no detox method is really going to work on THC. And this particular detox is really a colon cleanse. I'm taking it anyways for the general health benefits and not for a THC detox. I'm simply going to continue to run & sweat until the end of this weekend to fat burn where the THC is stored, and then take a break Mon/Tue to stop burning fat and slow down the release of THC. Other than that just going about my normal business and continue to say we shall see come test time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment