• Hammertime
    My budget is around $150.

After a few hours of research, I am currently of the opinion that my best option would be to get a pax 2 for $150. It is the older version but I can still get it brand new, and it seems to have the same features and experience as the pax 3 for $100 cheaper.The pax 2 doesn't have an app but it does have the lip sensing, and a similar vape experience according to reviewers. I also really liked that there are very few technical issues with the pax2, and it is a very popular product generally.

However,I also like the idea of the starry or a flowermate nano with the removable batteries, and those are also slightly cheaper than a pax2.

However, the most important part of the vaporizer I buy will be getting a good hit off of shorter draws, I physically cannot take those super long pulls. So is there something I missed in the price range that better suits my needs or has a replacable battery? Am I even right in thinking the pax2 was a good choice?

My usual experience I enjoy is about .3 of flower in a glass pipe, taking strong medium length draws. I mostly plan to use this at home, and I have between 4-6 sessions daily.
  • PuffItUp
    If you can't take long rips I'd recommend against a pax. Look at the Fury 2, or a similar device / rebrand, for a more open draw that only takes a short breath. The starry is like the pax, you need a long draw.

The nano would do well, it has a pretty open draw.

Z
  • Vapedude
    I’ve used the paxes quite a bit, and I definitely don’t agree, that the Pax qualifies as a long draw device!

In fact, dare I say, the Pax is the sexiest unit out there of the entire bunch, especially when taking a draw and socializing with a crowd who doesn’t vape dry herb/flower at all lol.

I say the sexiest, not because it doesn’t look dorky but sleek like a large cigar, but because you don’t have to take a large draw!!!

I mean 3...4 seconds??? C’mon :)
  • Vapster707
    Tha Arizer air 2 is great and may still be on sale on their website...removable battery, glass stem which I enjoy and gives u great flavor ...not to sure about long draws I'm mostly new to vaping and didnt think I could inhale for 10-20 seconds but I can lol ...
  • LabPong
    If it was me....and you want to make your first vape investment last...do not go with a non-removable battery vape. Healthy Rips is soon to release the Fierce which is a bigger Fury with a swapable battery pack. If your going to have 4-6 uses per day....having the ability to not be stopped by a low battery is a big deal.
  • TheZman
    I was in the same boat as you not that long ago and I went with the Boundless CF. And I'm so glad I did. Has a great temperature range, great flavor and most importantly you can vape very small amounts of herb in it. Theres a lot of vaporizers in that price range that you have to pack the chamber pretty full to get maximum efficiency. Not the Boundless CF. I can put a crumb in it and get vapor!! And to me the draws a pretty smooth I'd say medium resistance nothing too crazy. I use it on 400 degrees and it vapes the herb to a beautiful light tan. I paid $115 for mine. And I'm happy with the investment.
  • Vapster707
    my first vape was also tha boundless CF and its a good vape for tha price taste was good ...After about 6 months I upgraded to tha air 2 and damn it was so much better in everyway ...I've seen u post about ur CF so I took mine for another spin and it disappoints in flavor and harshness can't go back ... Air 2 glass stems playing with lower temps , easy to use and clean all makes for a great vaping experience
  • BestBuds
    If I could do it all again I would have started with arizer. I got a Mighty for my first vape and it was too, well, Mighty. I have found micro dosing is much easier with my arizer extreme Q (not the solo or air but I don't have experience with those) now I have a eNano and I'm loving that even more however I do still use the Q to blow up a bag. :cool:
  • LabPong
    My first vape was the Air......I went for taste, ease of cleaning and use with water, and removable battery. It worked out to be more than a solid first vape for me. I still use it almost daily.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    My first vape was the first Pax. Easy to use, I used to half pack it with the screen trick. Biggest bitch about the device for me really was just remembering to clean it. So long as you run pipe cleaners through it every two or three days your good. When you slack, that's when the draws get tougher and tougher and you slowly forget how awesome the device is until you clean it again.. then it starts party-rockin' all over again. Never had issues with overheats, just with remembering to keep it charged, had to get a vehicle charger. If you can get an official one either new or used for $100-150, worth it. When the Crafty came out, that was the next device I bought. Night and day difference.. but I still remember the good times I had with my Pax. Sucks my Pax was stolen at work. Not like I can run around asking who saw who with it or ask people to assist in a search effort.

These other vapes, dunno. Boundless looks cool, so do these other ones they mentioned.
  • Hammertime
    So after taking everything you guys have suggested I am currently leaning toward saving up a little extra cash and getting the Air 2. It looks like it will meet all of my needs as far as potency, open air flow, and having removable batteries.

I am very tempted to get the boundless but I just can't convince myself to start with it because of charge time / lack of removable battery.

The Air2 goes for $180 at planetofthevapes and that is the top of my price range. I'm still doing more research on it to see if it will give me the experience I'm looking for,which is mostly session vapes after work / on days off with less restrictive air flow, and being able to take somewhat shorter hits and get potency.
  • TheZman
    Well like I said I was just saying it's a really good vaporizer for the price. As far as the harshness I dont get that at all. A tiny bit on the 415 degree setting but nothing major. And I'm super sensitive to smoke. On the lower temps it's a dream. Plus I got the water adapter for mine and plan on purchasing some glass to make it even smoother. The only negative I would give the CF is that it's only half convection and mostly conduction so you cant just pack the chamber and hit it through out the day because it will burn through your herb. But I'm ok with that for now because I'm mainly a planned one session guy at a time at my house anyway. But it is also convection because you can put a crumb in it and it will still vape it. Doesn't have to be packed. Like I said I'm happy with it.
  • Vapster707
    if u can save more and get tha air 2 it will save u money in tha long run ...I bought tha boundless CF last December and its a good vape for tha money but in may I upgraded to tha air 2 ...I only wish I knew about tha air 2 before hand ...
  • kpx420
    I would say Mighty, you will not be disappointed.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I think that the Air 2 is an excellent choice, it has a few qualities that are great for a first vape- easy to use, easy to clean and reliable. Great through a small waterpipe too.

But the one thing that gives me a bit of pause on it, is that you mention air flow a few times. Now I don't have an Air 2, but I have a Solo 2 and I will never mention air flow in it's list of many positives. Many people compare it's draw to sucking a milkshake through a straw, and I'm guessing that the Air 2 is similar.
  • Vapster707
    hhmmm a milkshake through a straw as someone new to vaping and having a air 2 I can't say I've had that problem ... I do about 85% pack then fluff it up alil with buds wondering pick tool take slow long draws and blow big clouds....But that what I've found that works for me ...
  • Lucic and Chong
    I agree it's not THAT bad, especially if you take care not to pack it too tight. And it's hard to beat that pure flavor of just herb and glass. I really think it could be a good pick, it has so many positives.

"milkshake through a straw" may be a bit melodramatic, but I still find it has quite a restrictive draw (my Solo 2, similar stem) compared to my other vapes. Workable, and enjoyable, but not free flowing by any means. Long, slow draws are the key.

In all honesty, I rarely even use my stems with my Solo 2 anymore, I don't find them as enjoyable as my other options But I still use it almost daily through a water piece to help improve air flow.
  • TheZman
    Just curious have any of you that bought the CF thought about buying the water attachment piece thats 15$? Instead of purchasing a different vaporizer? It allows you to use it with glass water bongs of all kinds which is going to give you the best vapor possible. It's one of the reasons I went with the CF. In one hand you can have a super portable vaporizer and then when you want to be a flavor connoisseur you just attach the water piece and use it with your favorite bong! To me that's as good as it gets. It's the best of both worlds all in one vaporizer. And then your really vaping through Glass!!
  • Hammertime
    Chong I think I understand what you mean. I stumbled across the sticky brick series and I think that one of those might be more what I'm looking for. I want something small but mainly home use, good airflow and fast effects. I think the sticky brick junior will be a lot more familiar to me like I'm using a glass piece.. Still thinking about it but honestly the sticky brick jr kind of feels right to me. Any thoughts on the sticky as a first piece?
  • Lucic and Chong
    I can't speak on it personally, as I haven't used one. @Futurevapors is one of our resident butane experts. I'm sure that he would have a few good things to say about it for you as your first vape, and answer some of your questions you may have about it.

And still consider the Air 2 in your options, Arizer makes great portables. Plus the draw can be easily fixed with a small bubbler (though that does add a little to the initial cost of the vape). And you can even find aftermarket stems that can increase air flow. But be fully aware that the stock stem may not be as free flowing as you'd like.
  • Futurevapors
    Hi Buddy.
    Sticky Brick Labs Line up is seriously Unique, totally Win Win Win. I have the JR for portable use with it's compact size and lid to protect the glass, it's hard hitting easy to use and fits in pocket like a glove and will have you moon walking with it's Powerful Rips :fire:
    nnoj70t5xcjsa6p2.jpg

Then we have the Original Sticky Brick OG

Now this is a 100% Original Gangster that has no problem in slapping the smile cleanly off your face, It's loud and is pure Business time, If you are looking for a Vape to mostly use at home settings this is the one I'd suggest you get first, and then if you need a portable get the JR afterwords, Trust me it's worth getting both as they will last your entire life, if they don't they also come with a No quibble unit lifetime warranty for piece of mind, so it's truly a vape for life.

The reason I would suggest the OG over the JR for home use is just it's more comfortable in the hand and has slightly more control over your whole Rip experience, But to be truthful any of the line you will product very similar results so just follow your heart :starstruck:
    ustc7rliitjm1i78.jpg
    hxpjrttp1lgk9kdx.jpg
    lfbnc6rgu01yecqa.jpg

Get Sticky...
  • PuffItUp
    I don't really see how a stickybrick would be a good first vape... Don't get me wrong, I own all of their products (myself, not through the shop) and love them to death, but pushing a sale for a product that is not user friendly is a bad idea man.
  • Hammertime
    Thanks for all the info and pics :). I think I am sold on the junior. I think it's going to be a pretty easy transition from using a glass piece. I like the ritual involved with packing and using the butane torch, and I really love how fast you get hits! I am 27 and I'm coming back from a long break but I'm not scared of a little learning curve.

I really wish I could go with the OG but with my current situation it would be best if I have something small like the junior. Do you know which site has the best extras? Currently the best add ons I've found are at sneakypete's, they will give me a free black flame intake, free shipping and a grinder.
  • Hammertime
    I just wanted to address your comment. Coming into this I just stumbled onto herbal vaporizers while looking for a new wax piece, I researched for a few days and then decided to ask here. I am just now really coming to understand that apparently a big part of vaping herb is a long hit, and its just overall a different feel. I really just want some of the positive effects of vaping for my lung health. I'm just so used to having powerful rips on demand and I don't want to waste money on a different experience I might just hate.

With this thing I hope to just get big drags that get me real up real fast. I'm going to keep looking into vapes and see how I feel once I experience butane power.
  • Futurevapors
    I'm literally lost for words over your comment?

I just had my first Rip of the day then sit down to read that, :groan: you proper just blew the wind out of my Friday sails.

Thanks
  • PuffItUp
    Not trying to blow wind out of your sails man, I just find that many people who buy a stickybrick as a first vape are going to have a harder time using it. Other than that, the bricks do fit exactly what op @Hammertime wants. just my own 2 cents though :victory:

@Hammertime your choice makes sense don't worry! Just know there is a learning curve when you go into it, and be prepared to relearn a new way to enjoy your herb :) @Futurevapors is right when it comes to how well they work. We all love them, which is why we have so many in the shop :D
  • Futurevapors
    You just roasted my ass dude.

I hope you can see why I'm upset with your comment
  • Cl4ud3
    I have to agree with @PuffItUp, there is a learning curve with the Brick. This isn't to say that it won't suit you but I don't think it's an ideal first vape and you haven't been given any of the negatives.

I hardly think you were roasted there, it seems more like someone with experiance trying to look out for a first time vapist.
  • Magicman
    Buying a Crafty as your 1st vape is a good idea. It's so EZ to use. It's a one hand vape. It comes with loading tool, grinder, and fancy brush. It gives thick tasty results on autopilot.
    I have a Sticky Brick Jr., and it is great. It is not a beginner vape. It takes 2 hands to handle. It's portable only if you are in a legal state. If you whip it out in public, people will think you are a crackhead.
    That being said, Crafty is more than $150.00, Sticky Brick Jr. is less.7g71iji01lmfs1dw.jpg
    d7ofua3yisxomsn7.jpg
    hyebim5djw3jaflb.jpg
    Attachment
    20180703_220031 (116K)
  • Baron23
    You just roasted my ass dude.Futurevapors

This is NOT me posting as a mod but as an individual long term member of this board.

If that mild and politely worded comment by Puffitup roasted your ass, you may want to think about thickening up your skin.

Personally, I have to agree with Puffitup.

Beyond that, you have been pumping the shit out of SBL's on this board and members, unless they click on your icon and go to your profile page, do not know that you are an SBL affiliate with a financial interest.

No matter what the OP's requirements are, no matter what their level of experience, you will undoubtedly come out with a SBL recommendation and do so without explicitly disclosing your personal interests.

Damn, I've been wanting to say that for weeks.
  • Magicman
    @Baron23 Just like "theotherside", "pam", and "justjustin". Too bad none of these are Supermodels. Now, buy a Ghost!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment