• bum karacho
    vg46d2jiwx9vnfpe.jpg
    Butter and Solvent is boring me. Any ideas?
  • bum karacho
    normaly i make oil and do eliquid (peg 400)
    or i cook butter and make sweets or eat it on bread any other ideas?
  • bum karacho
    poo was better...more ryme
  • withoutbliss
    Recently I've been getting into making cannabis rubs. My neighbor has arthritis and the concentration in dispensary cannabis rubs are ridiculously low. I made some from dabs (the process is alot easier) and it works 10x better.

You can make a cannabis rub for when you have aches or pains?

edit: apparently it treats more than just aches and pains.
  • bum karacho
    good idea , i searched for it how to make...not so difficult....
  • ZRN
    I too am looking for some easy ideas.

I've found that sometimes it works to put oil on stir fry, don't cook with it, add it to the finished plate, it messes with the flavor in every case - sometimes for the better. I've learned to like it on bratwurst but it does taste different. I didn't like the Italian salad dressing I made, the oil clumps when cold and I used the wrong vinegar. Hard candy was effective but too wasteful when the candy got hard before it left the pan let alone got into the molds - that was a mess. My grandmothers butter cookie recipe produced highly edible and beneficial results.

I don't have a lot of practice at this yet,looking forward to others experiences good and not so.

Z
  • Spog
    Tincture, tastes like shit but puts me to bed
  • withoutbliss
    If you're used to making cannabutter then making a cannarub will be a breeze . Most recipes call for beeswax but technically you could just use cannabutter topically.

Another idea would be to make cannabis capsules. Pack the cannabutter in capsules and pop a few whenever you feel like it. No need to cook plus you can find out exactly how many mgs of thc it takes for you to feel the effects.
  • AnVom
    I made butter a week ago, and baked some cookies today. They were much stronger than I anticipated. You can really get where you want to go using entirely byproducts of vaporizers (plus 710 reclaim and stems). Very little waste here

7o0w9dvd74cc96fw.jpg
  • bum karacho
    cdlzx4n3fsx2xt2p.jpg
    9gu7ib9q12w9tt1l.jpg

Ethanol 96%poo extraction!
    I try to vape it in the muad dib,not absolutly bad
  • SirCrackKillaH
    I've been smoking all of mine lately. I've got like two ounces worth of AVB. Gets a buzz going, takes like three bowls to get what one of non AVB gets me. Pretty cool though, I can smoke it and not feel tired. Because it lacks that additional kick, my mind doesn't get as tired during the daytime. I was replacing sessions with AVB during the daytimes before I re-upped late last week and it worked rather well. AVB is chill man.
  • Cannabliss420
    I put 1 1/2 -2 oz of AVB in magical butter oven with 720mL bottle of everclear for 8 hours on 160 degrees. Its amazing how much CBD is still in it.
  • zancru
    This mason jar is 2 and 1/2 cups, I'm missing 1/2 cup, probably a couple weeks of ABV to fill it, maybe less...
    Half of it is already soaking in organic coconut oil, I need to add way more coconut oil...
    This amount requires at least a full jar of oil or more... probably I'm going to need a bigger jar???
    After letting sit for a while, I let it get warm, kind of hot, in a bath of hot water...
    Then I'll metal strain it, and double run it through raw coffee filters...
    The resulting oil is heavy duty, can be used for cooking, but I mostly use it as a topical lotion, for external use on all kind of aches... works wonders...

vt8ur5dvodlhjwgt.jpeg

Little glass jar on the right, is part of todays, 12PM on the dial, EVOs leftover ABV, optimum flavor imo, waiting to be blazed on the VRod before bed, at 646F capped... knocks me out...
    then goes to the big coconut jar..
    Stay vaped...
    Z.C.
  • Mr White
    I do an ethanol extraction with Everclear then evaporate the alcohol out and add in coconut oil. It makes the strongest butter/ coconut oil I've ever had (you could use butter)
  • bum karacho
    strongestMr White

yeah that sounds good !
  • ZRN
    I have a question about AVB, I hope this is the appropriate place to ask. Moderator (or anyone) can move this as appropriate.

I've read that THC breaks down when exposed to light. The better sets of instruction (on line) seem to agree on this point. But overall this is a very knowledgeable group and I see the pictures above and in other threads where people seem to be keeping AVB in clear glass jars like I do and it never seemed to affect the tinctures I made. Whats the real story - someone here must know. Does light matter to a tincture but the damage is less with AVB? How fast does light break down a bottle of tincture in clear glass? Is this really something to be concerned about or is the damage more or less negligible of even theoretical?

Z
  • Baron23
    Both should be kept out of sunlight and kept cool (not refrigerated, necessarily, but don't let it get hot...like sitting on a sunny window sill in summer, yeah).

Light, heat, and time conspire to convert THC to CBN.

Here are some articles on it:

]https://www.google.com/search?q=thc+degrades+to+cbn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
  • Hammertime
    I recently saw someone selling a tincture that had some of the alcohol left in it so you could add a few drops to eliquid. I know this is viable, pure grain alcohol is compatible with eliquid. I plan on making a tincture with my AVB. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this or has a tincture that could try putting a few drops a vape.
  • bum karacho
    oil in the vape is dirty thing i vape it with muad dip or quarz
  • ZRN
    - Very informative site. Thanks.

Z
  • juxt

I use the ExtractCraft Source turbo to extract via ethanol. You can't vape what comes out of that straight (at least I can't) too much alcohol left. You have to run it through a vacuum chamber a few times to get the alcohol out fully, then you can mix with terpenes or something else and vape.
  • Hammertime
    No I'm talking about just adding a few drops of tincture to some eliquid and getting effects. Not trying to vape the straight tincture at all
  • juxt

Yeah that's my point, the alcohol makes it an extremely harsh vape. Talk about popping and crackling ... and that was with mix. And in the amounts that I need now, no way it works for me. You're welcome to try for yourself though.
  • Hammertime
    oh i see what ur saying now. Ive had zero sucess mixing eliquid so I was hoping tincture might be am easier way
  • John Cocktostone
    Sprinkle it on nutella crepes. Make coconut oil and then make gummies or bath bombs. Tincture sugar.
  • John Cocktostone
    the Source doesn't vacuum it all out?
  • juxt
    Maybe if you do multiple runs, but it becomes this unmanageable goo that you can't get out. If you leave enough in there for it to be mobile and pull it into a silicon container, you will need to vacuum chamber that to remove the rest of the alcohol. You can do that in the source, just take out the crucible, and cover the hole with aluminum foil ... videos on the internetz ... I just bought one it was so convenient, the chamber I mean.
  • Munzo58
    Thanks for letting me into your forum.
    I've got an Exxus mini vaporizer so I'll vape 0.2 of a gram at 360 to 386 and use the avm in an already cooked soup it's really strong and lasts 8 hours.
    I was going to get the Ardent Nova/ Lift but the custumer care people were not cool and didnt want to give custumer support ove the phone and didnt seem to have 1st hand technical knowledge of their unit.
    Wondering if got my Exxus mini up to temp and did'nt draw if I'd have a stronger avm product ?
  • juxt

I have the Ardent device, and can tell you it works very well. There are a few folks on here that use them, and we've had no bad effects.

I do think that if you want to just decarb your material, you can cook it in the oven for 20 minutes to an hour at 240F. This method is less exact than that Ardent, and I agree they won't talk about cannabis much over the phone, but the device itself is good, IMO.
  • Munzo58
    Thank you Juxt, I appreciate your heads up, my vape machine has a 3 minute shut off cycle, and I find good for me and interesting that in that short time it'll efficiently decarb 0.2 tenths of a gram with color & quality uniformity at 386 °.
    I'm tempted to get the Nova though.
    Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube