• VapeCritic
    Hey guys I have another quick question for ya to help me out with my project...

How many of you currently own at least one glass piece with a standard 18mm joint?

Any type of rig counts, even bubblers and j-hooks like these:

8yeo1mmt5voystud.jpg
    1. I OWN AT LEAST ONE GLASS RIG (63 votes)
        TRUE
        73%
        FALSE
        27%
  • Baron23
    Got one and got a 14 to 18 adapter
  • LabPong
    I have a few 18mm joint units.....but have many more and prefer 14mm.
  • PuffItUp
    over ten 18mm and over twenty 14mm between everyone at the office :D
  • EasyToSlip
    I own the exact travel bubbler in your picture, a j hook, and a couple of larger 18mm bongs. Have 18mm ash catcher too.
    Most of the new glass I have been getting is 14mm. And I do prefer 14mm now...

I sometimes use J-hook + ash catcher as a filtered water pipe. Could use j-hook + Project a to vape with essentially same set up... a portable home unit. Not stealthy at all, but convenient for around the house.
  • welshman
    3 x 18mm
    4 x 14mm

But I have several 18to14 or 14to18mm drop downs
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I currently only have 14mm but have been lurking on dh gate so tjat may change soon
  • juxt
    I had a bunch of glass, then I bought a package of 14 pieces from some dude moving on FC...now I have a sea of glass.
  • MothChewMoth
    No glass here other than on my OG Sticky Brick. I find having a 2 year old in the house means less glass all around.
  • Baron23
    I had a bunch of glass, then I bought a package of 14 pieces from some dude moving on FC...now I have a sea of glass.juxt

What's up for sale to a brother, brother! hahaha
  • juxt

Of course my friend! What are you interested in? I've gotten rid of the smallest pieces over the years and only kept the mid to larger stuff.

I'm not going to post pics, I have somewhere on here already, but if you have been craving a certain type, and I have one available, it's yours.
  • kpx420
    2x 18mm female
  • highasakite

I think your next poll should be:

If you buy Project A and had the choice between

1. 18mm holding 0.25-0.3g
    or
    2. 14mm holding 0.1-0.15g (or whatever the numbers are)
    Which one would you buy?

The results might be interesting and could change the order of your buying decisions, etc.
  • BawlmerMerlin
    If 18mm fits tbe Evo, and I believe it does, I have about a half dozen out in the Toob Shak.
  • PuffItUp
    18mm is the evo size :)
  • BawlmerMerlin
    Well then it sounds like I am good to go for Bud's Project A . . .

Thanks!
  • duff
    If this question is related to project A, it's always easier to go up!
    14mm with a $3 18 male to 14 female reducer fits both and stays short and tidy.
  • Bruce
    out of the glass game. Too many that break or whatever
  • KKAMC72
    90% my collection is 18mm, I have adapters tho as well
  • MAbud
    @VapeCritic

14 and 10 are by far the most popular. Especially in dabbing and glass blowing, literally nobody even makes 18. Really only Chinese glass uses 18
  • VapeCritic
    Thanks dudes!

xzsir56a95dev9q7.jpg
  • VapeCritic
    The reason I asked about 18mm specifically is because that's the size of the first batch of slides I'm going to order, I'll still make the 14mm version but the 18mm will be first to get things moving. The parts I use inside each size varies a bit so it'll involve me sourcing new stuff for the 14mm version.

Other major difference is going to be herb chamber capacity, it's about .3g with the 18mm version but only ~.1g with the 14mm version.
  • VapeCritic
    Do they make reducers to go down from 18mm to 14mm? I have a few that allow me to use a 14mm slide in a 18mm rig, but not the other way around.
  • VapeCritic
    18mm is the standard for flower slides though rite? 14mm generally made for oil rigs?
  • VapeCritic
    You're right that will probably have to be the next poll!
  • Baron23
    Do they make reducers to go down from 18mm to 14mm? I have a few that allow me to use a 14mm slide in a 18mm rig, but not the other way around.VapeCritic

Yes they do, but they are obviously not low profile

https://www.thickassglass.com/products/14-to-18mm-adapter?variant=4102400197

AD-102-1114C.01--0_1200x1200.jpg?v=1523564995
  • LabPong
    pending on glass rig use.....it would be a good point to use a drop down with what ever size ends you need.

But...for me...I and so used to the adapters because my main vape is the Elev8r. The 18/14 adapters are what I use for bowls and almost all my glass has drop downs except the small ones.
  • highasakite

Well, the other 18mm female to 14mm male piece on that site is sold out now (has the same pic as the one you linked to). There was some confusion with those recently - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-elev8r-from-7th-floor.25855/page-48#post-1296654

And I still don’t know exactly what they received...or if the “.01” that you linked to works well as an Elev8r bowl..
  • lazylathe

Most of my rigs are 18mm.
    Think I have 1 14mm and it never gets used.
    And 2 10mm rigs for some reason...
  • Chronic Pain
    Sorry for the stupid question... but what does the “.01” mean over at TAG? :chin:

@Baron23 I actually own that adapter from TAG. Small world.
  • MAbud

More and more flower slides have converted to 14mm. That way the dropdown stem can support either a slide or a 45 angled banger. Even Toro’s big triple flower pieces are 14mm now.

But, yes there are tons of different adapters, dropdowns, etc. I know a good US blower that specializes in making them so you don’t have to use any Chinese glass in your chain.

The most critical thing to think abaout is airflow and restrictions. That is why the shift has occurred. Many feel 18mm introduces way too much air. Even on 14mm I find the hit different than 10mm and there is a lot of personal preference around it. So I do think this will merit some trial and error as I believe you want like 18mm for your purpose for this reason...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment