• Chandler
    @VapeCritic you posted a few pictures of this vape in another thread. i was immediately interested because of my desire for a Lotus. Perhaps my desire is for a backup vape that doesn't require electricity. i asked the same questions in the other thread, but figured i'd just make a specific thread so anyone interested in the Vapman could find specific information on the device here in one place.

@VapeCritic you rated the Lotus 85, which i think is a great score. i'd like to know if the Vapman is on par with the Lotus, and where it stands against the MFLB. What score do you think vapman deserves? i'd like to know your thoughts on vapor quality, flavor, efficiency etc...
    Also, the price point is incredible. Lotus is roughly 150$US (high temp cap) which is approximately 200$CAD, MFLB - 140$CAD, Vapman - 122$CAD.... i'm not really concerned with the expense, but naturally i'd like to purchase the best value...

itching to have a new toy to vape with! scratch my FF2 itch!

My Apologies, i'm speaking to the entire community, not just Bud. i appreciate any and all input provided!
  • Flipz
    I wonder how much different the unit is... with just the vapman alone and than with the "station" piece. The design is pretty neat overall IMO.
  • Chandler
    VAPMAN-Vaporizer-Heating-Chamber.jpg
    @Flipz from my understanding, you need both pieces to vape.i'm assuming your talking about the bottom piece in the picture or are you talking about a different 'station' piece?

some more pics for those who've never seen or heard of this one (its new to me as well but been around for at least 3 years it would seem)
    element-medical-vapman-front-and-bottom_1.jpg
    vapman%20both%20types.jpg
    OSSV212-3.jpg
  • Baron23
    I just recently ordered a Vapcap as a cheap, give it a try, hand held lighter fueled, dry herb vape. If it doesn't work, Vapman is next.

Anybody use one of these yet?
  • Chandler
    @Baron23 Vapcap? Hmm. I'll have to look that one up. Have you tried a Lotus or a MFLB?
  • Baron23
    Nope, not really interested in MFLB at all...to me its another low tech session vape. Have not tried Lotus, current interest in in Vapcap and maybe Vapman. These should be good for quick, few hits and run, type vaping which is something I desire.

I ordered a Vapcap OG, very cheap model...$30. The Ti Glass or Ti Woody seem to be the current hot lick, but I thought I would try out the basic tech and see if I like this approach at all.

Cheers
  • Chandler
    30$? interesting. You already know, soon as you get it and put some mileage on it, i look forward to your thoughts on it.. I agree witb your perspective on the MFLB. My desire is the same, a vape that isnt solely for long sessions
  • Chandler
    Didn't realize i have a problem. when i want something, i become obsessed. i've probably watched every youtube video and read as many reviews as i can on the Vapman today! (had the day off) i'm pretty much sold. on FC, they have an active thread on the Vapman that dates back to 2008!!, pretty incredible. nothing but high praise. i think this lil guy is a winner and would be a nice addition. i'm hoping @VapeCritic notices this thread. i'm dying for someone to compare it to the Lotus! its obviously better than a MFLB, but i'd appreciate live thoughts on the matter before i pull the trigger.
  • Jack Jackson
    The Vapman is awesome. Very smooth vaping experience and a lot of fun to hold and use. Hits harder than I expect every time.

EDIT: The station being referred to I believe is a heating station. Something you can place the Vapman in to get it up to temp without having to torch it. Some people don't like the torch aspect so the station would make it super easy to use. I haven't seen or tried it though.
  • TheAnalogKid
    The Vapman is a nice and well crafted unit. I've got one years ago as a backup and portable alternative to the Solo (which was not really portable). By that time, it was the only one I saw that didn't require electricity, it required a pretty small quantity, and it was perfect for taking small hits without wasting so much material.

It requires a bit of technique though, and a good quality torch is essential. At the beginning it was really hard to get into the exact point. Heat too little and you'll have just some vapor (although very tasty). Heat to much and you may burn the ambrosia producing harsh vapor.

It is small and portable, but not really discrete due to the required process. I was once enjoying the view in a park, thinking that I had the perfect camouflage, and a friend told me that from the distance it looked like I was smoking crack.

It seems expensive for what it looks like, and actually the first impressions can be disappointing. However, in my case it has been a pretty good investment. If you're in Canada, TorontoVaporizer has it on sale at 72 CAD (I've got mine there).

Actually, now that you mention it, I haven't touched the Vapman since I got the Crafty. Going to check something and may report back.... (emphasis in 'may')
  • Chandler
    @TheAnalogKidawesome. your thoughts are much appreciated. your response is basically identical to what i've been reading... Crafty is my first vape. Love it of course! when using the vapman correctly, how does the vapor quality and flavor compare to the crafty?? personally i'm not concerned so much about the discreetness. great vapor without electricity is my main concern, i can tell the vapman is incredibly small....
  • VapeCritic
    hey the way i feel about it is similar to how i feel about the MFLB, which is that it's a very interesting/cool/unique device and it's great for light sessions or a few hits at a time.

To me the biggest difference between the Vapman and Lotus in terms of performance is hit size, i feel i can get stronger pulls and more vapor from the lotus

Oh yea, the 'herb chamber' of the Vapman is tiny, it barely fits .1 (more like .05)
  • VapeCritic
    Very different from crafty but still good
  • TheAnalogKid
    Personally, I don't consider myself much of a connoisseur to give you a detailed description about the quality of the vapor. I've tried enough to know when it is harsh and has strange unnatural taste (plastic, burned, etc.) though , which doesn't happen with the Vapman. This is obviously if you don't heat too much like to start combustion. Indeed, the nice thing about the Vapman is that technically you have absolute control of all variables to adjust the vapor to your liking; how easy is to achieve the sweet point is another story and a matter skill and personal preference.

In terms of effect, no difference at all :) .

As I mentioned, by the time I got it, it was the only acceptable non-chinese-made vaporizer I found. Although I haven't used it in a while, I think is an interesting device, ideal for small hits on the go. I'm actually thinking on getting the new ones using a similar concept.
  • Chandler
    @VapeCritic@TheAnalogKid@Jack Jackson much appreciated, i went ahead and made the purchase. Should reach me by thursday. I look forward to mastering the Vapmans techniques. Also excited just to have a vape i could use back to back to back all day without ever needing electricity!... Ultimately i think i would have chosen the Lotus over the Vapman, solely because it's pure convection over the Vaps conduction, but the Lotus isn't easily available in my country so, Vapman it is.

You already know, I'll be back to share my thoughts on this badboy when it reaches!
  • Chandler
    I'm actually thinking on getting the new ones using a similar concept.TheAnalogKid

new one? You mean the Vapman with mica? Or another butane powered vape?
  • Flipz
    Didn't mean to cause confusion, was sitting at a red light when writing. I was talking/thinking about this station. Am I going crazy? :-O

vapman_station.jpg
  • TheAnalogKid

Oh, I meant some of the new ones using the same non-electricity concept, like the Lotus or the one that Baron mentioned. I like the concept and they are becoming cheaper, so it wouldn't hurt having some backup distributed between house and work :) .

Btw, I forgot to mention that I have the Vapman Mica, which apparently has the extra metallic plaque on the bottom for better heat distribution. Sorry about missing that point. I bought it without knowing and only learned about it afterward, while looking info about how to use it. I also read that it wasn't night and day between both versions.
  • TheAnalogKid
    :-O :-O :-O Is that an official accesory? If so, I don't think it would be that cheap and will completely miss the point and better go with a mid-end electronic vape.
  • Flipz
    Yeah it's official (Y). Right on Vapman's site http://vapman.com/en/news
  • Chandler
    @Flipz Ya, that station is kind of cool. this has got to be a first? i mean an electric desktop station for home use, and fire powered on the road. do i dare say... brilliant?! interesting to say the least!

@TheAnalogKid i agree. we need more torch powered vape tech! i hope to get the Lotus one day. Also it would seem the Vapman Station retails for 250$ USD as per their facebook page :-O Pricey!!
  • Flipz
    I am surprised how information is not more readily available or shown on the side. Almost feels like I found a "hidden page" LOL

I do have the lotus though and it's a great torch vape for vaping or wherever I suppose it's needed (Y)
  • Chandler
    @Flipz i agree. the website is very.... simple? the station is on there too, but they don't list the price and it is like finding a hidden page when you do find that page! lol
    This website http://infinityvm.com/ is affiliated with Vapman... custom vapmans, adds designs, letterings, whatever. would be pretty cool to add your own design to one of these
  • Chandler
    33uskob7n4ieyzct.jpg
    Attachment
    20160616_163130 (101K)
  • Chandler
    My new friend has arrived!! i'll upload my thoughts on it soon. off the bat though, i like it. most definitely a special device. So simple yet well crafted! Truly a welcomed edition.
  • Flipz
    awesome lineup! the page did remind me of a hidden page also lol. if anything, im sure the station will be available to buy separate in the future so if it's cool you can always add to your collection (Y)
  • Baron23
    Yeah, I like the Miami line up also...very cool pic :-)

Do tell when you get going with this sucker, Chandler. I would be very interested in how you find it. I think you may remember I ordered a Vapcap which is similar in that its an external butane lighter driven vape. Just keep looking for a really good portable one-two hitter (although I have been rather taken by the GH I now have).

When you head clears, let us know how it works! LOL
  • Chandler
    @Baron23glad you finally got your GH. and its performing well for you!

The Vapman. After a few days abusing this device, all i can say is wow. there is a learning curve to this device i suppose, but i only see using it being difficult if you've never owned a vape. having experience and having watched basically every youtube video on it, mastering it is still a work in progress, but using it in general is pretty simple. its true, the more you use it the more you'll enjoy it...

ok so the biggest effect this vaporizer has had on me, is that it's changed my whole perspective on vaping. i have a crafty and a AAir. those are both session vapes, they're all i know and what i've become accustomed to. One could call the Vapman a session vape, however, you control the session. you could heat your material to a point where you could kill it in one or two draws, or you can go easy and take 5 mins+ to finish your session, enjoying the flavors more. the creative control is yours... because of this control, over the past few days i haven't picked up my Crafty or Air once! i have this new dynamic to vaping, and i love it.

Further, the bowl of the vapman holds basically .05. Depending on your grind, you might be able to fit .1
    The crafty amazed me at how efficient it was, how well medicated i felt off a .2 was ridiculous. The vapman trumps my crafty and is now easily the most efficient device i've tried. .05 and i feel nice. i'm shocked at the potency. i'm excited by the potency. People complain the vapman bowl is too small. i thought that at first too, but the bowl is not too small. its perfect. Crafty vs vapman, end of session i'll probably feel very similar, the difference is less than half the material used, and session time is cut more than half. Great positives

Flavor... Crafty wins in the flavor department. Vapman (because its wood) has a woody taste to it. i feel the wood taste has diminished much the more i use it, but it is distinct. My first bowl, i didn't enjoy the woodiness, took a little getting used to, but than the potency shocked and pleased me, so i couldn't complain. the more experience i gained using the device, i've learned how to cook on lower temps to better capture the flavors. now i can say that i enjoy the flavor, but whats added by the wood stops the taste from being truly 'pure'.... but its still very nice

Vapor density.... this is another area where the vapman has 'furthered' my perspective on vaping. i like blowing clouds. i've realized though, More than clouds i enjoy the flavors. Crafty fulfills both those needs, a beautiful blend of vapor and clouds.... As i learned how to capture the flavors with lower temps on the vapman, i had sessions where i would inhale to almost choking, taste nice flavor, blow no vapor, but in the end feel very medicated. 'boom! a new perspective and understanding is born. visual vapor is no longer a neccessity!(for me).... But if its clouds you desire, no problem, you can get very dense clouds with vapman, just use more heat, and or cover the holes on the top section. the manual control is so awesome, you choose your own adventure.... Draws are cool and smooth with no draw resistance

Safe to say, i love this vape. i filled my torch last night, which means at 3/4 full it lasted 4 days. my crafty cannot last 4 days, let alone 4 strong sessions, let alone 2 strong back to back sessions... Vapman can go and it keeps going. add to that how potent a .05 is, and you have a winner. i'm not saying the vapman is better than Crafty, but in alot of ways, its better than my crafty. i'm really enjoying it.

i'll be back with more thoughts as i continue this journey..... non eclectric vapes = brilliance

(no disrespect intended towards the Crafty. its the best vape i've tried thus the best basis for comparison)
  • SlowDrawMG
    Vapman is great. Not gonna go and mention other vapes like others have done and have not even tried the Vapman........Baron....

But yeah it's a great Vape, nice to sneak away vape. You can get a nice "stoney" effect from this Vape as it can use high temps and extract everything from your medicine.
  • Baron23
    Not gonna go and mention other vapes like others have done and have not even tried the Vapman........Baron....SlowDrawMG

Huh?
  • SlowDrawMG

Is this a thread about the Vapman or vapcap? I got confused pretty quickly.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment