• Bud
    My review of the $650 10-ton hydraulic rosin press from RosinPressNY.com - I got 21.8% yield from flower in the demo :ok:

If you buy one let them know VAPECRITIC sent ya when they ask during checkout, they'll send you a free set of 20 seamless filter bags with your order.

ALSO, send me a PM so I can mail you free parchment paper and a pick tool as well, the last two things you'll need to start squishing :strong:
  • Gman
    good job! But you forgot you turn the filter inside out before you fill it. Always turn them inside out so theirs no seem/trim to hold rosin. Now I understand what you were talking about before on losing some yield using bags.
  • myDClife
    very nice review!
  • Baron23
    What strain was this and how much of your increased yields (over past squishes with the Micro-20) is a result of finding a good squishing strain.

The more I look into this, the more convinced I am that after a certain point in technique, its really down to the specific flower being smashed.

Liked the look of the bag squish. Very nice looking.
  • Bud
    Tanx mang! These bags are different than others I've seen it almost didn't feel like it was supposed to be turned inside out you know what I mean? The edges almost feel like a heat shrink seal, but yes you're right I should try and turn it inside out and see the results.

All previous squishes I've down with bags were always turned inside out but they had more of a fabric feel to them and the edges weren't firm like this one. Both types of bags I've bought in the past already came inside out when I got them, are there many filters on the market that don't?

:strong: :strong:

It does seem to be very much dependent on the specific bud being squished, the strain being first and then the density/dryness of the nug also.

I'm not 100% sure what this strain was that I squished because it was labeled 'Jack' but it doesn't look like it to me :sweat:

But, I chose this bud to squish out of the strains I have because it was dense and crystally, and it worked out OK.

I have other buds right now that smoke very well but I can tell just by looking at them that they would be terrible squishing nugs, they're fluffy and a little leafy.
  • Gman
    ya those bags are just heat sealed instead of sewn, but they still have a seam. So you will still want to fold them inside out. I can see at the end of your squish a bunch of rosin stuck in the seam.
  • Gman
    It's 100% first based on strain. RSK always gives me 22-25%, Cheese always gives me 14-16% etc.

Then it's down to the grow, was enough CO2 used, was is cut at the right time. Was it rained on often. And lastly, relative humidity does seem to help as long as it's above 60%.
  • Baron23
    I turned in inside out and it worked out fine. I had the same question about the heat seal vs a sewn seam. But they inverted just fine.

no RSK here but I have gotten some SFG OG Kush to try and some 27% Blues Cheese to try also.
  • Gman
    I'm not sure if it's my french blood but I love any cheese wax. That pungent cheese and skunk smell is just the bomb to me. I'm not a fan of a lot of lemon or oranges.
  • Bud
    I had a question about the type of parchment I use, I found this pre-cut stuff to be very convenient and easy to work with: https://amzn.to/2NliFHW

r7v8o7k8a5mfchfv.jpg
  • Bud
    I usually cut this piece in half right on the seam and it's perfect for the size squishes I do
  • Magicman
    This looks dangerous.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube