• Munzo58
    For me it slows down less with dominant cbd, but it depends on the cbd phenotype and strength for me.
  • TheZman
    Your GI track slows down less with higher CBD? I have a strain called the Wife. Its 14% CBD and only 0.25% THC. I wonder if that would be ok? I'm just afraid to use anything right now until this settles down.
  • Munzo58
    My question is how many mg of cbd are you taking, and the route ( sub lingual, vaping, smoking, edible might have a significant effect.
    I wonder if a 50/50 hybrid in micro doses might work for you till you give your cannabinoid receptors a break.
    This is all so individual, but I speak of my experience knowing that people with sick guts and or a proclivity to CHS might share some similarities.
    I hope you have comfort and healing.
  • Munzo58
    I also personally feel that for me vaping at higher than 386° is light smoking, which makes me wonder if outrite smoking might add to the probability and severity of CHS?
  • Kakarot
    You can be hyper sensitive to THC.. I do not know if its the same thing as this CHS crap BUT in some people they are super sensitive and there are receptors in the gut for Cannabinoids some people usually heavy long-term users can develop this just like someone that is on opiates for a long time can develop Opioid-induced hyperalgesia (OIH) where the receptors become to saturated with opiates and they actually cause pain and other negative effects.... People that have the reaction to Cannabis get over saturated and start having episodes of throwing up and severe stomach pain when they smoke/vape/eat the cannabis and just like with opiates it goes away if you stop using..
  • TheZman
    Well I have strains that are both pure CBD and I have strains that are THC and I have 1:1 Strains. In the beginning I tried them all separately just to see there effect and to figure out what works best. In the end I kept using the Lemon G 1:1 ratio and I mixed the other strains to 1:1 ratios. And that's what I've been using. So basically half THC and Half CBD.

Right now for the past 5 days or so I haven't been using anything. Stopping completely until this resolves. I'm tempted to just use the pure CBD strain. But I'm not sure if that still effects the cannabinoid receptor and would just prolong it still. So I haven't yet.
  • TheZman
    Thinking about getting Lemon juice or something to flush my intestines out.
  • TheZman
    I dont think it's the same as CHS. It maybe the way CHS starts and then people dont stop so it gets out of control and then everything gets backed up and they start vomiting. I'm not sure. I dont feel like testing that theory out. Right now its just my bowl movements are out if wack , boating and ALOT of gas and cramps. And it feels like NO end in sight.
  • Munzo58
    After, alot of gi issues, surgical and medical, I hope I've found my personal inflammatory foods which are gluten ( not Celiac but overly sensitive and intolerant) dairy, eggs -- especially yolks.And fish sometimes.
    It sounds like you might be on the right track doing a full stop, after stopping you might get alot from just a few drops of a CBD oil or tincture.
  • TheZman
    Yeah. Unfortunately your probably right. That sucks though because even though CBD strain does help its WAY more effective when I use the THC strain with it. For some reason the CBD strain reaches a ceiling and its almost like it sort of stops working and after days and days of using it a groggy feeling takes over. With the THC it hits harder works way better for my pain. There a lot of other cannabinoids in cannabis so even when I use the CBD strain it's not generic Hemp CBD that you buy online and being that Marijuana has 100s of different cannabinoids in it I wonder if any of those will effect the CB1 and CB2 receptor s and cause stomach issues as well??
  • Munzo58
    Yes, I get that plateauing effect as well, quantifying how many mg of a particular strain / ie hybrid gets you where or near where you need to go is helpful.
    And getting a reliable product from a local grower or knowledgeable budtender/seller is so important.
    Theres a shop in Seattle called The Novel Tree , the certified medical budtender there is very knowledgeable and friendly, he spoke with me and answered my questions his name is Matt, I hope he can be helpful to you..
  • TheZman
    Unfortunately I'm not in Washington State. When you get your platueing effect do you feel brain fog and get a headache. I do sometimes like I feel over saturated with cannabinoids. It's like I'm forced to take a day off.
  • Munzo58
    I'm not in Seattle either, I'm in N.Y.
    But he generously spoke with me just the same, hes one of the most knowledgeable and a go ok d listeners I've known.
    Yes if I've over done it brain fog , headache, and gi urgency/ forced peristalsis against resistance.
  • TheZman
    How long does the negative effects last for you? And what do you do? How long of a break do you take?
  • Munzo58
    It last for hours, I've stopped for weeks at the longest.
    I'm beginning to thing theres a best strain per individual taken ideally in multiple micro doses.
  • Munzo58
    Dustin Sulac M.D. is in Maine he a gerontologist, weed doctor his method of microdosing I find helpful
    https://youtu.be/hxdEmXzH0L4
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @TheZman if you think this could turn into a life long problem i would refrain from smoking any kind of weed until i talked to a guy or gal in a white coat lol just dont let him check your prostate
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    And i dont mean a doctor on youtube i mean one that could physically check your prostate if they "needed" to
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Definatly do not let that youtube guy check it on his other channel...
  • TheZman
    What would a Prostate have to do with excessive gas and bowl issues? That manly effects your urinary tract.
  • TheZman
    I do use in Micro doses often. I have 6 different strains at my house as we speak. 2 of them I consider amazing for helping my condition. But as far as finding strains with no side effects that would be really hard. Theres literally 1000s of strains out there and sometimes it takes weeks for these type of side effects to build up. This isnt the type of side affect like anxiety of a certain Sativa strain or something that you feel right away and then ditch it and move on to the next one. These side effects build up. Which make me think it's more over saturation of cannabinoids vs strain Depended side effects. I could be totally wrong though I'm just thinking out loud.
  • lazylathe

Sorry to read about your situation!!
    From what I have read about CHS is that the symptoms are on the rise and can be caused by using herb that has very high THC percentages and how often it is consumed.

I would recommend a week break to reset and then try some very low potency herb and see how it goes.
    Maybe even try some pure CBD to start with?
    Concentrates are a HUGE no no for you!!

There is no known cure unfortunately, only abstinence from all form of cannabis as the conditions will return each and every time.
  • Kakarot
    You do know that mental addiction can cause everyone of those symptoms you stated... Cannabis and I do not care how much you ingest or vape or smoke whatever for how long IS NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE... Iike I said the mind is a powerful thing.. if you have been using anything even Tylenol PM for a long time and then stop your mind can make you think you need it or your gonna get sick and you will in fact start having physical symptoms..
  • Kakarot
    Also actually yeah there is a cure if you have a episode after vaping/smoking or whatever it is that you do.. Go turn the shower on (hot water) sit down in the shower and just let the hot water run for 15 or so minutes.. I don't know why exactly but it will kill the attack, but the only way to actually prevent them is to stop using THC, CBD does not do it.. its just THC.
  • lazylathe

I have to disagree with you here...
    Hot water is a temporary CURE and only alleviates the symptoms. It is NOT a cure for CHS.
    Water has to be over 40 degrees Celsius for max benefit.

A cure is something that fixes the problem for good and not a temporary relief.
  • Kakarot
    I just said if when having an attack... The only cure is to STOP USING CANNABIS.. I meant a cure for the episode not the condition as a whole...
  • lazylathe

Gotcha!
    It's a temp cure but the best and only one available at the moment.
    Some hospitals in Colorado are seeing increasing patients presenting with these issues and are treating them with Haloperidol for the short term.

Apparently also more common in women but men are on the rise with these new crazy strong strains and extracts!
    I imagine Canada will see its fair share on October 17 and be baffled by it...
  • Kakarot
    Honestly I think moderation is key.... Don't over use especially if its a really strong flower or concentrate... Haloperidol is a nasty Anti-Psychotic that has some bad, bad side-effects. I was in a place one time that will remain nameless, and they gave a guy a shot of that to calm him down and it made his entire face literally shift to the left side and locked his arms and legs up to where he could not move... If it does that you just have to wait it out... They are also calling the CHS "Scromiting" where you scream from extreme abdominal pain and puke at the same time and it is caused from Hyper-sensitivity to THC.. I think it is basically the same thing.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @TheZman i was just being funny but on a serious note now they may check
  • TheZman
    I mico dose and use 1:1ratio. Dont know what else to do besides that. Except use just the CBD strain by itself that I have.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment