• VapeCritic
    Got a request from @Summer to create a new thread for the Splinter Z :up:

From RBT's website:

Zion lives again in the form of Splinter Z. Vapor quality is proportional to the surface area in the heater and the Z nearly double that of the Splinter. This yields more even roasting and therefore a cleaner, purer taste. The larger heater is surrounded by heavy wall German Schott glass and thick exotic wood. Just spin the custom logo on to nearly any 50 watt mod box and you are ready for on demand fun.

a70rudpuijpcimcx.jpg
  • Kuzko
    Looks like exotic Splinter Zs just hit the store.
  • Mr White
    Does anybody want to explain to me what the difference between the regular splinter in the Splinter Z is? I've seen both and pictures the only difference I see is one is longer than the other
  • Kuzko
    The Z is longer to accommodate a larger heater. It’s the difference between the Milaana and Zion. Splinter has Milaana heater, Z has Zion heater. As i understand it, the larger heater has more surface area so creates more robust heat, larger hits.
  • Summer
    The Splinter Z is per Ryan about 1/3 longer in length.
  • Philly
    Just ordered! Can not wait. The splinter is amazing, can't wait to try it out with a Zion heater.
  • VapeCritic
    So the heating element in the Z is almost double the surface area of the standard? Coolies :cool:
  • Ctipp22
    It’s like a Zion heater in the larger one and a Milanna 2 in smaller 1
  • Mr White
    Of course today I get the money to buy one and they have none in stock just my luck
  • Ctipp22
    hes got more DM his iG
  • Mr White
    I don't do Instagram but thanks for the info I'll try to email him
  • Summer
    Sit tight. Per Ryan's post on 420vapezone forum, "More Zion heaters should be arriving early next week so more should be available in 2-3 weeks."
  • VapeCritic
    Hey do me a flave tell Ryan if he wants to post on a real forum to come on by :scream:
  • Summer
    @VapeCritic,apart from the rare post on 420vapezone & subreddit, he's strictly doing multiple, daily IG streams & pics. He doesn't partake in FC either. But I will pass your invitation on. :up:
  • BawlmerMerlin
    My Leopardwood Z arrived in the mail box about 90 minutes ago. Two stems later and I am in awe. Beastly in the best way possible!
  • Kuzko
    Mine just arrived, gonna unbox and try out later tonite. What wattage you using it at ?
  • BawlmerMerlin
    I've got a Lost Vape Therion two button model, and I used 32 watts to start with great success. Admittedly, I suppose I would be labelled a "flavor-chaser," and I start at 28 watts with a "regular"Splinter, but the effectiveness was greatly enhanced.
  • Kuzko
    Good to know, I have a Therion as well. Thanks!
  • Jsaitb03
    I just received mine. It’s curly maple z

I have a splinter as well. And with the z I ordered the cooling mouth piece and with that no need for water. I thought the price was crazy until I used it.

I will say it’s a lot easier to get clouds and big rips with the Z.

I’ll try and give a more in-depth review after I’ve used both for a while

4ysmp9725vjv2hn6.jpeg
  • Magicman
    @Jsaitb03
    Show us the mouthpiece and the mod all rigged up please.
  • BawlmerMerlin
    jyvo1dwbivs3fuqj.jpg

@Magicman My leopardwood two hole Z on Therion with short Milaana stem. Total height even with short stem an ungainly 8" tall. But does it ever perform!
  • Magicman
    Someone will make a great side-by-side mod for these things soon.
  • Jsaitb03
    @Magicman. Curly Maple 2 hole. XL8R. Crazy smooth hits with this. At 10” it’s def not portable but it’s still really nice
    tyl1vb2ioj3w3qx0.jpeg
  • Magicman
    zs0rr6tte5yanl9p.jpg
    This is what we need for these...justjustin sidecar.
  • Philly
    I got the exact same set up. Crazy how fast the lepard wood z's sold out. Very happy I got one. The only difference is that I am using a VF cooling mouthpiece.

Ill do a full review once I put another oz through it but this is hands down the best vape I ever used.
  • BawlmerMerlin
    @Philly Yeah I have an assortment of stems, including the VF one and XL8R, but was purposely using a short stem in the photo to allow the fine leopardwood figuring to show while still managing to fit everything in the frame. Totally agree with your assessment of the Z's functioning - fantastic!
  • Mrbiggs
    This splinter z is abit of an eye saw Lol definitely need a new box mod to make it more appealing and smaller for me.

But how’s the performance as I have a milaana which I really like ?
  • Alexis
    im sure they think it is pretty good! :grin: I know I do, I dont have one but it is already very clear that it is a top performing the device possibly on the verge of revolutionary in terms of satisfaction from a portable. Time will tell.
  • Kuzko
    So I’ve been using both the Z and regular Splinter in tandem for a bit now just to see the differences.

While some initial reviews were saying the Z takes a bit more time to ramp up I am finding the opposite. My first hit from cold from the Z is bigger than first cold hit from Splinter. I am using the exact same TC settings and pack for both on identical mods.
  • Mrbiggs
    how’s the taste compare between both and the milaana if possible ?
  • Kuzko
    Never tried a Milaana but the Z vapor holds good flavor longer through the bowl than the regular Splinter.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment