• Other Side
    She shipped it yesterday. Curly Maple and hope you enjoy it. Please reach out if you need anything!
  • linestretch

Thanks, will do. It's gonna be a while until I can enjoy it, though. I live in Germany and I had it shipped to my sister in the states. Hope she will forward it to me asap....
  • Other Side
    I am sure you will love it once it arrives. I have been testing Splinter variations from day 1 so reach out to me with any questions.
  • Startedat52
    Got mine last night!wnv9e950a624pnls.jpeg
  • Alexis
    Still 2 left in stock at Vapefiend UK. There were 15 to begin they wont see dawn.
  • Baron23
    And Ed is the BEST, mate. Can't go wrong with @Ed's TnT
  • Startedat52

I bought one. If I leave the house with my vape I’ll try to put this on instead of risking glass.
  • Startedat52
    A few Z’s Available as well as regular splinters for US

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Splinter
  • coogan1997
    Any idea why there might be a spliter Z instock waiting for me?
  • Other Side
    I wish I could tell you. I feel fortunate to have mine.
  • BestBuds
    Anyone know how to set up Arctic Fox? I am totally lost and I don't want to spend hours learning about this just to set it up once. I basically want it to have maybe a 3 or 4 second pre-heat. Then I want to put it on temp control not just wattage. And also that cruise control thing would be cool too.
  • BestBuds
    No. Thank you though.

But THIS DID!!!!! Thank you @VapeCritic for this because it's the only sound advice I got on a firmware upgrade. :up: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
  • Luckylindy4
    Just received my Z super fast shipping, great communication and the number one best thing. The Z kicks ass. I use such a little bit of product and the flavor is awesome. Hey don’t let anyone bullshit you, there is a short very short learning curve. I like the two hole I feel I can control air flow or stop air intake to build heat. I think, Please don’t be offended anyone, the four hole might end up looking like I’m being sneaky because your hand wraps around to control air flow. Anyhow my Z is awesome what an engineering marvel really it’s amazing flavor and clouds if that is what you like, I mean clouds. I love the flavor and the small amount of product I used to get very relaxed. The Splinter Z is fantastic.

Thank you Steph and Ryan

Vinny
  • Dr green thumb
    Rbt has splinter z's 2 and 4 hole and milaana 2 back in stock on their website.
  • BestBuds
    Hey peeps,

So I was using my Z with a JHook and I was using cruise. Apparently I didn't click the fire button hard enough and the mod kept firing. I don't know how long either. All I know is I went to reach for it maybe 5 minutes later and the mod was warm but off and the Z was very hot to the touch. Like I couldn't hold it longer than 10 seconds. I unscrewed it and I don't want to put it back on the mod because I don't want anything to explode. Is is safe to put back on and do you think it's dead?
  • Dr green thumb
    I think you may want to contact rbt and ask them
  • Mangu
    Hey man. How have you liked that wood stem vs the basic glass and/or cooling glass stems?? I’m sure it’s more durable...but I’m curious what kind of different is the vapor experience?
  • Mangu
    Does the Splinter look darkened or charred in any way? I’ve seen some instances where Ryan has used one of his testing units which he explained have been fired up over 70 watts and still work fine.

The Splinter he was using was visibly charred with a dark band around the middle, where the heating elements are housed. It looked like it came close to catching fire but, per RBT, was still able to hold up against the excessive heat. Maybe just let your unit cool down and give it a try. If it doesn’t work you can always reach out to Ryan to take a look at it.
  • Startedat52

The vape taste a little different with the wood, hard to explain. It’s like using a short glass stem. I have dropped it and if it were glass it would be in pieces, lol.
  • Mangu
    Interesting...have you had to clean the wood stem somewhat? Do you use it as often as a glass one? So far my best experience has been with the xl8r JR...but really strongly considering a wood stem. I don’t mind the flavor being “different” so long as it’s not a nasty taste.
  • Startedat52
    it’s not a nasty taste at all, kind of a dry taste but definitely not unpleasant. I haven’t cleaned the wood stem itself, just the screen a time it two. I wouldn’t be afraid to try a wood stem, the biggest thing you might find is that it sticks to your lips more then a glass stem, but at least if it comes flying out stuck to your lips and hits the floor it should survive.
  • BestBuds
    I screwed it back onto the mod. There is absolutely no visible damage whatsoever. There is a slight woody aroma when I do a non heated dry pull. It reminds me of when I am doing my woodburner/pyrography and I have a section that I am shading lightly. It smells or tastes like that. Anyway, with the mod attached, the numbers seem to be the same as they were before. It seems it might have heated up too much but the mod did it's job and kicked off before it damaged anything. I am going to put it away and email Ryan. I don't want to F it up until I speak to it's creator. If I did kill it I am going to get an exotic wood Z next. I actually should buy a few in case anything happens. I can't be with out a RBT vape I just love their style! Lol
  • Other Side
    Avoid doing this again but I am sure you are fine. I have a accidentally "overcooked" a few RBT products in my time. My original Milaana was thrown into a case with the battery still in. This was before the guitar pick mod. When I realized 5 minute later what I had done I could not even touch the Milaana for several minutes as it was too hot. Kept a woody taste for a while after but the damn thing worked like a charm. Ryan did the same thing with the original beta Mi2 before he sent it to me. It actually deformed the bottom screen but it worked like a charm. Lastly I did what you did with cruise. Had the wattage up too high and kept it there too long. The outside was hot as hell. I ended up shutting it down and went back later to flawless use.

This is a major advantage of the RBT design. It's simple, durable and reliable. There is not a lot that can go wrong and after years of work Ryan has now worked out the processes to avoid some of the failure defects caused in the build process.. I expect to have my RBT products going strong for years to come. The only issue I expect to come will come from my own behavior like dropping/breaking the glass or something like you described.
  • Mangu
    I hear you. The freaking guy took all my Christmas money....had to start all over to save up for the G43!
  • BestBuds
    Ok Guys and Gals, I think I burned the inside of my Z. It's not covered and I guess there is no repair option so I'm going to try it myself. Does anyone have any insight on this project? I am kind of going in blind.
  • Dr green thumb

What's burnt? The wood or the heater?
  • Other Side
    Have you considered my suggestion? I guess without seeing/smelling/using it it's hard to understand what's going on but I do want to take the opportunity to warn folks on something.

I know cruise mode and TC mode is popular but there are some things to watch out for too. While they work on the Z, neither are officially supported nor covered under warranty if issues arise as a result of use. The issue here is heat. The mass of the RBT heater is huge compared to other products that use this software. It's also enclosed in wood. If turned up too high or left on too long it can potentially burn the wood/interior compartment of the Splinter/Z.

When I use it I am sure to keep the wattage down and don't let it run too long. I know this because the first time I used it I nearly broke the damn thing after dropping it because it was so hot on the OUTSIDE. I didn't realize how much heat was being generated. Thankfully it was ok in the end but I feel there would have been permanent damage if left on much longer.

Bestbuds I'm sad your unit is janked up now. If you can open that, repair it and put it back together you will be a better builder than Ryan! I hope you can make it happen!

If not I have a real sweet deal on whatever you want. I sold the last Custom Z earlier but received all of RBT's old custom stock today. Got one four hole Bubinga Z (the very last 4 hole ever) and have two purple heart custom, 2 wenge custom and a boatload of Standard Bubinga Z's landing tomorrow!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment