• acstorfer
    Well I guess it was last night that my heart was ripped from my chest. It was last night my Ghost died. My Ghost was a ghost . It stopped heating up.

I really can’t complain at all. I got it used for $150.00, and it came with the external charger, extra battery, and extra crucibles. If I didn’t plan on replacing it I guess I’d be bummed, but as things are with all the extra bits, and stuff I can salvage off my current Ghost, if eventually needed, I’m really not out much (if anything), and I got to test drive the Ghost before spending much more money on it. I know it’s worth the $$$.

I was hoping I could send it in and just pay for the repair, but they don’t do that. There were other issues that got worse and worse so I was planning to replace it eventually. Now I have a justification to do it.

Everyone should know this was a very early model. I’ve heard all the issues mine had have been worked out. Shame I deleted all the info on the guy I got it from. He could have sent it in for warranty maybe, but I would hate to do that if I was him so I wouldn’t bother him anyway. The first rule of Craigslist is after the sale is complete leave me the heck alone!
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Device may still be under warranty...? Dunno.. is the ghost like a firefly where it doesn’t matter who the owner is? I really don’t know.. the Firefly I bought off craigslist I made sure was legit by contacting Firefly. I then was able to make use of the warranty that still existed on it. Ghost may or may not do the same, I never read the warranty agreement..
    Isn’t it 3 years manufacturers warranty and extended to 7 if you register it? You should be good.
  • Cl4ud3
    Isn’t it 3 years manufacturers warranty and extended to 7 if you register it?Startedat52
    You have to register it within a certain time frame

Not all vapes let you transfer ownership and some that do charge for it.
  • acstorfer
    No, I told them from the start I bought it second hand. I think if I didn’t tell them they’d take care of it, but I can’t do that. I really don’t mind having to buy another. It is that good that they deserve to make some money.
  • acstorfer
    I checked with Ghost customer service. When you buy used there is some risk involved.
  • acstorfer
    The previous owner registered it already, and it was in the system.

I appreciate it everyone, but I checked. It’s not covered and that’s okay. With all the extra stuff I got I really won’t be out much of anything. Well, I don’t trust either of the batteries I have so I’ll buy one more of those.
  • Lucic and Chong
    You have a great attitude towards this all, if only more people could be this reasonable.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    @Lucic and Chong Agreed.

@acstorfer
    Batteries should be ok I think still. The unit though I’m surprised would just die. I haven’t had any issues with devices just ceasing to operate. If you buy new though, Ghost does a great job of backing their vape.
  • acstorfer
    The batteries are shot. One battery wouldn’t work one light down, and the other had to be put on and off to work. That’s what I think killed the Ghost. Is it a zombie now?
  • Baron23
    think if I didn’t tell them they’d take care of it, but I can’t do that.acstorfer

And I highly respect that attitude and ethics.
  • ghost-ops
    Hi @acstorfer

Sorry to hear that your MV1 has failed but the advice from our CS team is correct and we unfortunately cannot honor warranties on devices purchased second-hand - we may be able to open this up in future but right now it’s not an option.

Please rest assured that should you go ahead and purchase another one direct from us (or an authorised reseller) you will be fully covered by the warranty (up to 5 years if registered within 90 days of purchase) and our CS team would do anything they could to assist in the event of any problems - which I hope you already know. We stand behind the quality of our products, we just can’t guarantee that one bought second-hand wasn’t sold on having been previously mistreated.

And I second @Baron23’s post above as far as ethics are concerned.

Thanks @BestBuds for the tag.

Thanks

Mark
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal