• metalmancpa
    The MV1 is in my rotation along with the Mighty, Crafty, OmniVap XL Titanium, G-Pen Elite. The Hydrology 9 and Magic Flight Launch Box pretty much sit idle.

I dislike the crucibles and general loading of the herb. I like it's performance as an almost perfect on-demand vape (with battery) - the OmniVap is a champ too with a torch. It's an A-lister for sure, but is still a tad behind the Mighty/Crafty and OmniVap for me.
  • John Cocktostone
    I've had mine a week now and haven't put it down. Learning curve is over and it is a very nice vape
  • vapium
    No overheat, not even once? Have you tried using the L5 temp preset at 428f with back to back full 15s draw? How about using it outdoor, not under A/C? It's freaking hot here in southern cal, I'm quite sure that's not helping.
  • John Cocktostone

Hasnt overheated once. I'll try 2 428 hits for science. What happens when it overheats? Buzz? Flashing lights?

I'm sure there will be issues. Usually are. Look how many mightys and craftys are returned. Hell, my volcano broke after a few months.

I don't use vapes over 410....420f if they burn colder than others.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    if that’s the case, dunno. For me though it was always that black gasket piece that I’d sometimes have to reseat or sometimes just push the entire assembly down because it popped up ever so slightly without me noticing. When that occurred I’d get the overheats or an inconsistent vaping experience. Now that I know what to look for, no issues there at all really. Extremely rare. As far as overheats, same deal. Unless I’m doing back to back crucibles with minimal break in between, it’s fine and I don’t have problems.

It would seem that 80-96f temperatures outside are still alright with the vape. At the beach I had no problems. I didn’t have issues with overheating at all while under the umbrellas and under the boardwalks. MV1 really allowed us to get in good potent pulls discreetly here and there with no wait.
    Those were wicked hot days too. Not as hot as the car though and there was always air movement. The MV1 really only gets hot right around where the crucible goes. Never had any issues handling it. The Mighty/Crafty would get warmer throughout. The IQ and Pax too would become hot and would take forever to cool down. Bitch to keep in bathing suit pocket. Firefly 1 would become one hot metal slab too. Firefly 2 I never took outside of the house with me like that.

My car gets easily up 105f-115f+ with the windows closed in direct sunlight. Two years back I kept my Mighty in my car pretty much all summer May through September. It was a back up vape that sat in my trunk. When I started using it again in October, I remember the battery life had decreased to the point where I was only really getting three solid sessions and anything below 2 leds of charge would come close to doubling the heat up time to about 3-4 minutes. It would creeeeep up in temperature. Storz accepted it back and replaced it because it was still under warranty which was sweet.

This Mv1 I’ve left in my car a few times. Not on the regular at all. But when I used it after taking it out, I remember the whole device being hot. Metal, battery, everything. It overheated at level 4 and 5 a few pulls in. This happened a few times. Had to blast it with AC for a bit. Cooled down fast but it was right around then when the Bluetooth seemed to get shot out. Still don’t know 100% what caused the loss but I think it may have been heat related but I really don’t know. The IQ I’ve beaten to death and never lost bluetooth, same with the crafty. Battery loss sure, overheating yup, Bluetooth never got shot out though. I’m extremely curious to know what could’ve caused it on the MV1. Short of that though, device works fine. No issues with heat up, no issue with battery life, no issue with anything. That’s why I haven’t pushed to send the unit back. When the crafty or mighty break, they simply don’t work anymore. Only thing that concerns me is long term with the lack of updates. I hit up Ghost peoples but I know they are busy. They responded today. Since this is the second one I’m sending back with this type of issue, I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it and figure out if it’s a fluke or what exactly happened. MV1 is my daily. Crucible system works extremely well for me. There is no dumping, no finncking around while I’m out. Pop a crucible out, reload, blast, repeat. EZ. They get cooler much faster than a dosing capsule, that’s for sure. Those dosing capsules Storz have and that damned glass spacer the IQ has have both burned the hell outta my hands handling them too soon. Part of it is because those devices do stay hot longer. MV1’s crucibles are safe in much less time. I go through 2-3 heatsinks a week, cycle through 12 crucibles using them at least 4-6 times each and clean those at the end of the week as well. Firefly I would definitely have to clean more often, IQ and Pax same deal or they wouldn’t pull. Mighty I never cleaned those dosing capsules and would cycle through A cooling unit a month. I like the MV1 :)
  • SirCrackKillaH
    @juxtwhen did yours stop working? What do you think caused it?
  • juxt

It's been a while. Once I did the app I didn't even try it for a long time. Based on your thoughts about being in the car maybe that had something to do with it...I'm next door to hell, aka FL.
  • vapium
    It will blink red and shut down when it overheats. After that, you have to wait like 10mins or so for it to cool down. In the vid I sent to Ghost, I started off stone cold at L5, it overheated and failed after the 2nd full 15s draw. They didn't pick on my draw speed which I thought would be the culprit. Looks like I'm sending it in if no one else has a similar problem.
  • John Cocktostone
    does it overheat on level 3? Have you turned down the boost mode?

Also, I use a screen on top of my bowls... between the herb and the factory screen. Helps with clogging
  • vapium
    Sounds like the bluetooth chipset got fried in the car? It's hard to imagine that your car could exceed the temperature of the overheat protection mechanism which is meant to protect the chipset from permanent damage.
  • vapium
    It overheats occasionally at Level 3 after 6-8 draws with a quick pause/stir inbetween. I honestly wasn't sure if it was just the way I packed the bowl. But at Level 5, it consistently fails after two back to back full 15s draws regardless of how much I pack the crucible. What do you mean by the screen? You mean the concentration pad? Ah, so you place that on top of the herbs underneath the stainless steel screen to microdose? Does that increase draw resistance?
  • vapium
    Sorry I tagged the wrong guy. I meant to reply to John...
  • John Cocktostone
    I cut a regular combustion style screen.... I do it with most my vapes. It helps with draw resistance!!!!
  • John Cocktostone
    nkeuvaalsdyleim2.jpg
    I was using the pad but the conduction was more that I wanted....
    The pic I posted is how I pack when I want a 10 hit crucible. Flat screens
  • vapium
    Thanks for the pic and the shopping cart. Very interesting. It will actually reduce draw resistance? I thought it will make it worse with that fine mesh. Wow, can't imagine that a little screen could increase efficiency. I don't think I can extract more than 8 hits per bowl. On a related note, Bud had a No Stir hack placing the Concentration pad underneath the crucible between the heating element and the bowl. Have you tried that?
  • John Cocktostone
    nah I haven't tried that..the fine mesh screen (mine is a cut out from a volcano screen) means no stir either .

Works on every portable I've tried. Increases efficiency. Did wonders to my Linx Gaia
  • vapium
    Ah... Thx for the tip. I have a couple of screens from my Arizer EQ, probably the same stuff as the Volcano, will try that ASAP as soon as I get a pair of metal shear. :up:
  • vapium
    When you said 8 hits. You mean at Level 3? And are all 8 hits full 15 second draws?
  • John Cocktostone
    I only do 15 second draws.

3 draws at lvl 3.
    Rotate basket
    3 more draws at 3

Depending on battery life... I bump to 410f which is default lvl 4 and draw 3 more
  • Vapedude
    Also, I use a screen on top of my bowls... between the herb and the factory screen. Helps with cloggingJohn Cocktostone

Excellent info, thank you for sharing there Cock :up: :up:, almost ground breaking, genius even.
  • vapium
    Got it. That's pretty impressive. Without the extra screen, were you able to get 6 continuous draws WITHOUT a quick rotate inbetween? I tried to cut the Arizer screen with regular scissors and i totally butchered it... Damn it. :sad: Plz post it when you get a chance to try level 5, i'm dying to know. Thx a mil for your help!
  • John Cocktostone
    thanks, my mom went to college
  • Vapedude
    She went to government indoctrination camp???

Oh no!
  • vapium
    Hope you have many siblings. :wink:
  • Baron23
    Nevertheless, I offered to reshoot the vid or even do a live video chat so that they can coach me to their perfection, but he now insists on me sending in the device for an in-office evaluation….vapium

Send it in...it should absolutely NOT overheat with a mere one second delay from vibration to starting the draw.

Everyone, incl CS reps, have a bad day. Sounds like Ghost has recovered and now wants to look at your malfunctioning unit. All good, no?

Tagging Ghost CS: @GHOSTTEAM @GhostWhitney

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/71751
  • rft360
    ... O_O what i miss lol
  • John Cocktostone
    just telling a guy how I load my crucibles, nothing major.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment