• Tyedyesamuraiguy
    ive been rolling those for years. Its a pretty big hit with they ladies. I rolled you a flower :kiss:
  • EconMan

Well aren't you the smooth one! :cool:

When end do you light?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    the big one :joke: one time i was able to get another functional joint on the stem.
  • Startedat52
    I pressed a 2:1 19:9 cbd:thc strain called The Queen last night. Pressed out an eight and got very little with the Ju1cebox. Well much less then I usually get with other strains. Got me thinking, we need press paper that can be used as rolling paper after pressing them :chin:
    Put it in the Carta and got nice clouds but left lots of plant material in the bottom of the bucket as expected. Is vaping rosin and it’s high plant material more or less healthy then a clean solvent extracted wax or shatter that leaves little or no residue?
  • EconMan
    Is vaping rosin and it’s high plant material more or less healthy then a clean solvent extracted wax or shatter that leaves little or no residue?Startedat52

First, I have zero experience with "cbd weed" but you make a good question.
    My suspicion to the answer is it depends. In my experience, most rosin is better cold/warm started.... needs lower heat to avoid burning. If you've ever taken a nasty hit of Rosin in too hot of a banger, ignited plant material is nasty indeed :vomit:

Yes, well done BHO/PHO/CO2 will make more pure oil with respect to plant material generally speaking. I personally prefer rosin for taste and other reasons, but only supreme rosin, that which was squished from hash is going to compete with the blasted oils in this regard.

As far as the Carta, can't speak to it, but I can say I am not a big fan of the Peak for rosin. The "hot spots" on the crucible (less of an issue with quartz buckets (but they cost $), and it turns out messy as hell. It also strains the atomizer because I find myself cleaning the crucibles WHILE they are hot and on top of the atomizer.:scream: I've only had one fail, and that's how it failed.
    When not using a cold-start banger, I do like my Firefly2 for rosin, and it is so darn easy to clean (less than a minute). In a nutshell, except for the best made rosin, lower tempt for vaping is better.

Re the Ju1cebox. I know so little about it, other than the only picture of rosin from it I've seen that looks good to me is from @Zep4. But press choice aside, I've pressed some strains that gave up near nothing. It happens.
  • Zep4
    The JuiceBox, I haven’t been using...Bud was right...very small surface makes it a pain to fit Bud in.
    The Carta looks great...especially for $250! But having spent the money...I love my Peak every time I use it....like my Temperpedic mattress. :heart: I would buy a Carta next should my Peak break, however. I’ve cleaned my Peak carefully a few times with no problems.
  • EconMan
    The JuiceBox, I haven’t been using...Bud was right...very small surface makes it a pain to fit Bud in.Zep4

Yeah, to me it's too close to a hair straightener. although, I think I bought the cheapest press there is that can still legitimately be called a press. lol :)

I love my Peak every time I use it....like my Temperpedic mattress. :heart: I would buy a Carta next should my Peak break, however. I’ve cleaned my Peak carefully a few times with no problems.Zep4

Ditto on that Temperpedic mattress . Absurdly expensive but oh my does it give a delightfully comfortable sleep. Worth every penny to me after I bought it. I had massive buyers remorse right after buying it, but not anymore. lol

Hey, our Peaks are under warranty. :nerd:
    If I lost mine, I would probably buy another one, since I'm a bit "captured" given my upgraded accessories. And my bus partner has one, as well as several friends, so it is easy to swap out parts, glass, etc with each other. But as far as a great dab goes, selfishly, I still prefer torch and banger.
    Re cleaning, I soak the atomizer and all buckets used after the session is done and cooled. Then I carefully swab the atomizer and clean it like new. When swabbing crucibles, I do so gently knowing it sits on top a hot atomizer; I do not push down hard AND laterally. Then I torch the ceramic crucibles to get them white again.
  • EconMan

Innovative young people :starstruck:

The prototype here looks promising. :cool:
  • Baron23
    Very interesting.... some are lamenting that the state of the art in MJ is languishing...well, maybe the industry is just gathering its breath for the next innovative push with stuff like this.

I hope these young people get some $$ support...I would like to see where this ends up.

Cheers
  • welshman
    Lemnesia

Fairly dry, with a strong lemon cleaning product type smell to it. This is the actual 4.3g I pressed (gently broken into smaller bits for better bag placement)
    52iwppsqdn8ql3ul.jpeg
    1.5”x3” 120 micron bag (could have been 90) packed nice and tight.
    2loh25qbwg31tgt7.jpeg
    6 minute slow press at 82c at the heater/coil. Basically really slowly press from the beginning stopping for 20 seconds when you feel more resistance on the handle until the final 30 seconds of fully squished as hard as it’ll go.
    bvra2z181oqxm66x.jpeg
    itct66s1ekf0dl1k.jpeg

100*0.59g/4.3g= ~13.72% returns + a second press that I dabbed yesterday.

Almost an unnatural taste to it like the smell of a slightly minty lemon bleach converted to a taste (if that makes any sense). Super potent stuff

Also the new parchment I got https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/black-label-paper-co-parchment-paper-sheets-35lb-8x8-pre-folded-silicone-ultra?
    Although super expensive is night and day with the old supermarket rubbish we were using before. Didn’t deteriorate even under max pressure for a long press and best of all you just glide a dabber over it and it collects it all up with literally 0 hassle. Didn’t even have to put it in the fridge first. I’m never pressing in supermarket paper again
  • EconMan

First, that rosin looks delicious.

And YES! Cheap parchment paper is a pox on humanity :scream:

And you used BT?
  • welshman

I think it may be the tastiest one yet!

And I think it’s bottle tech but It might not be how you’re meant to do it as I only really watched a bit of a vid on YouTube about it, got the general idea and sort of experimented from there

This is what it’s looking like today after a day at room temp. I’m not sure whether it’s better to keep it in the fridge immediately or to leave it to get a bit more waxy to grainy/sugary and then fridge it to keep it in that state. I think I generally find it to be more tasty when it’s been left to get sugary even though in my head I’d think the terps would be slowly evaporating in the process

9xi03qtv13bdtw6w.jpeg
    ljbg0am4lyh1641c.jpeg
  • Gman
    This is how you do it!! Good work. 13-14% is fine for this kind of quality. You'll get more as you get better. I find doing more per bag limits my bag loss and raises yield% slightly. SO if you press 15 at a time you'll see above 16% return probably.

I like to let mine sit a bit but then you want to store it cool, it will sour as time goes on. And the terps will break down anything that's not glass, so even the inside tops of your jars will start to smell "odd" as the terps tear into the material over time.

DO NOT store in silicon. In 5 months you'll notice the terps bleeding all the way through the container, which means it was leaching them out the whole time.
  • okla68m
    Did a 2nd Wash on material I had left from 2 previous washes. 0.75 gm.....some chlorophyll contamination....was going to try leaving Solvent/Wash solution in the Sun to convert the Green color to Amber, but, No Patience (been my life's DOWNFALL) ! Will have to try that technique next go around. Suprisingly, it Doesn't Vape Harsh or leave gobs of residue due to the Chlorophyll.
    Also surprised at the Amount that was left from the prior washings. Will try and adjust my procedure to Reduce the amount of potential Waste....Defiantly Not discarding after 1st wash anymore !
1910111213Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet