• Baron23
    wonderful.

Flat bag or bottle tech?
  • Gman
    Bottle tech, always :)

Room temp, and thanks!

Sure is, thanks!

Also, I agitate it when I put it in the jar. Just a few swirls with the wand. I'll sometimes do this a few times if it's not buttering up over the next few days.
  • EconMan
    SO YUMMYGman

Yeah, truly nice looking oil.
  • Gman
    Thanks man!
  • EconMan
    Also, I agitate it when I put it in the jar. Just a few swirls with the wand.Gman

You've motivated me. I need to start putting more thought and effort into post-processing. I really don't do much of any.

Now that I got a toe in the BHO world, I do know any agitation of the post-pour stops the "shattering" process. Shatter is NOT my favorite structural form at all, and so after the pour, I whip the devil out of it, and after vacuuming, beautiful budder emerges (with some more agitation).
  • Gman
    yup. Exactly
  • Baron23
    Wow, that last squish I mentioned turned out really well in terms of effects.

Now, I don't consume 'trates at the rate of my friends, @econman and @gman, so I had some of it sit in the fridge for a few days and I do notice that it seemed to loose a bit of taste (terpenes?) and effect. They are so volatile, I suspect they ontinue to evaporate off.

Next squish, with the same exact bud, I'm going down in temp to 190 F and then, if that works out well, I will try Gman's temp of 180 F.

We will see. At least its something to occupy my time! hahaha
  • EconMan
    Wow, that last squish I mentioned turned out really well in terms of effects.Baron23

I wished I had the discipline to age it. It gets consumed too soon. Rosin brings out the Hedonist in me -- a different high -- and I want more. For instance, even BHO diamonds are a killer to simply "wait" for existentially :grimace: and tasty rosin is usually preferred. It is why I could never grow. I would suck at it. I would harvest too soon :gasp: lol :rofl:
  • Gman
    Ya I'm impatient too. I'll never wait to make sauce.
  • Baron23
    I wished I had the discipline to age it.EconMan

Well, I think perhaps I didn't express myself well....IMO and bit of experience, aging hinders rather than helps rosin.

Stuff was absolutely best hot off the press.

After a few days, not as much.

And I have seen this before with other squishes and have watched fresh press rosin loose weight right after squishing as, I presume, water and terps continue to evaporate.

Might squish some more of that Birthday Cake tonight at a lower temp.

Cheers
  • EconMan
    Well, I think perhaps I didn't express myself well.Baron23

No, you did. Probably my own hitting the rosin jar early has something to do with it too :nerd:
  • Gman
    There's different aging. Just sitting in a jar at room temp or in a fridge it it'll degrade over time. Even after one day it'll never be the same again. However, if you speed up the process with light heat, you can force the separation sometimes and cause the rosin to sugar out. This "sauce" I believe is what econman is talking about. It's an odd process that makes it taste way different but sometimes much better.
  • LabPong
    Ok....you guys are making me want to squish cooler.......I will try a 190 for 3 mins....then 184 at close to 4 mins.....I should have time tomorrow afternoon.
    Any popular strains typically yield more then average and any less then average that would be better to grind and vape? Some of you mentioned Northern Lights doesn’t usually seem to yield very well, as an example.
  • LabPong
    52..for myself in my limited # of different strain pressings.....I am consistently doing well with OG Kush from a small breeder. But in general the quality of grow and pheno types within strains can make a bigger difference in yeilds/quality.

Typically most inidca's and then any strain that is generally short or med height but has the ability to grow more dense nugs.
  • EconMan

I have not squished it -- I have poor access -- but everyone tells me authentic Durban Poison is a high yield plant. The Key Lime Pie I have right now (if it even is?) seems to bring in between 15-20%

I got .76 from an eighth of DP that came out medium amber and leaves clean residue. My best yield from my four pressings so far(it was only my second of the four). I’m very pleased with my home pressed rosin!
  • EconMan
    I’m very pleased with my home pressed rosin!52

Isn't it nice? And such a fun hobby :nerd:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal