• EconMan

When I first got a press, that is all I wanted to do for a month -- press. lol
  • Gman
    full spectrum hash will often yield 50% avg when pressed. As you get more into full melt it'll be higher and higher to the point it's just melting through with gravity at room temp. Which I have experienced :)
    That gram of cold water hash I pressed above is the best and cleanest rosin I have made to date. Great to watch and easy to clean in a clear banger(if you’re into that) I’m pretty sure I will only be pressing water hash as long as I have access to the strains I like and will definitely get me to try new strains. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  • EconMan

Yeah, pressing hash is a different game. I have little experience in it. A concentrate of a concentrate. :starstruck:
  • fatbiker
    @52 @EconMan

I have been exclusively dabbing since I acquired my 710 axial coil and quartz banger. I seem to enjoy it more than flower through my VRod.

I am planning to press some bubble hash on the near future. Any tips?

I have massively improved my extraction results lately. I couldn’t be happier with my Newvape press.

The only Black Friday sale I took advantage of was from Press Club. I bought a bunch of bags. Should be food for a few years lol.
  • EconMan

I possess mainly a theoretical understanding of pressing hash, so I'm really not much experience here. What I can say, in terms of taste, quality, and cleanliness of use, squished bubble hash is an order of magnitude above squished flower alone. It is the best of the best sort of thing. Indeed, the best thing I've ever personally consumed was squished bubble "full-melt" at my clients's lab. :starstruck: He used almost no pressure! Basically, just the gravity on the upperplate. Used some crazy low micron size (25u?) in the bag.

But I've never actually done it because my hash never turned out very good. So I moved on to other extraction methods :nerd:

Re Press Club, I love them. I like the "stiffness" of them. Easier to form and work with. For the flower I've been getting, I'm using 160's at the moment and am happy.
  • EconMan
    Key Lime Pie (like GDP)
    180f (actual plate temp) 160sec
    Prepress. No bag (what’s up with that lately?).

The richness of taste. :love:
    The negative of no bag is the banger does get dirtier. But when you’re in a hurry and feeling lazy and out of rosin. :joke:

f782airf6ifejoqz.jpeg

d9y9foze97wg0cpf.jpeg
  • Gman
    Some cookies Kush my buddy grew and gave me. 18% yield

Bottle tech, 180f, 4.5 minutes, slow increments. Look at how much is coming out while the plates are still open enough to watch.
    inqcp7g8wlz3r4nn.jpg

So clean, my tech is on point.
    myudl0c8hbaziju9.jpg

So much yield, so much flavor. Liquid fire.
    is1ldnpjvxbb402q.jpg
  • fatbiker
    Very nice! I pressed a batch for the holiday weekend too :-)
    Anyone press CBD strains, not hemp, strains that have both cbd and thc. I have pressed two different strains and both taste terrible, like burnt before it should. It’s possible I applied too much pressure on the first strain I pressed but didn’t go over 800psi on the puck on the second. One isn’t the best tasting as flower but dabbing it is worse. Both still very effective just don’t look forward to hitting them.
  • Gman
    I've had mixed results and often very low yields so I don't really bother. It's going to have the CBD "cherry" taste in droves.

I also never press hotter than 185f, just fyi. And yields are always the same even if I go hotter. I may get another .5% but ti's not going to taste great.
    The dispensary I get the Sour Tsunami flower from grows it and also makes shatter and live resin from it or the trim. The shatter has a chemical taste to me but the live resin is excellent, my rosin just not as good. They all get me to the same place though. I have been looking for strains of flower to press that the same grower makes trates out of thinking they use it because it has good yields.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment