• Gman
    It's only just starting to come down in the legal market. for the first year it was stupid high prices. They realize it was the wrong approach.
  • EconMan
    So I am jealous of you hoser's.LabPong

I still live and vape in institutional anarchy.
    Good morning people.
    Has anyone mixed two(or more I guess) strains in a bag together and made their own hybrid?
  • Chandler
    They are starting to sell 125$ canadian dollar ounces up here to compete against teh black market.Gman
    $125 oz's? Where in Canada are you located? What quality are you getting for that price? I see street prices lowering like that to compete with the online MOM presence. AAAA quality from mom still $240-260
  • LabPong
    Good morning people.
    Has anyone mixed two(or more I guess) strains in a bag together and made their own hybrid?

I have found with my experiments...that the ones that taste good and do not alter the original single strains taste......that when you mix another strain that has the same or close to same terpenes...work well together for decent taste mixing....as far as performance....that is the easy part.
  • okla68m
    That's what happens when do an Ethanol extraction, place the pan on a slow cooker base to evap the Alcohol, the let it cool of to collect....made the mistake of putting hot pan in the fridge, when I went to collect, scraping with a razor blade, rather than it being sticky, it was Hard and shattered in to NANO SIZE SPARKLES all over...my hand looked like it was covered in Glitter, once my skin warmed it up, those Nano particles All become STICKY...NO WAY TO REMOVE OR DUST OFF...VALUABLE LESSON, COLLECT WHILE STILL WARM !!!
  • Gman
    In Quebec, Hexo is the one's doing the 120$ OZ. I'm not there myself, but close enough :)
  • Gman
    lol yup, been there!
    Mystery 98, 18% CBD .53 THCA
    b4jp4hejycbrc78d.jpeg
    Also my vape testing agent for when I don’t want to get over medicated.
  • EconMan
    over medicated52

What is that like? :nerd: :joke:
  • okla68m
    Would trading a Zip of Cherry Pie I grew for the Dulytek used Twice be a good trade...I have Excess....!?
  • EconMan

I think so. A new one is $200 so dial down from there. I pay about $200 per onion for flower.... so yeah... sounds like it might be a good deal for both of you.

Confirm that the plates heat up, etc.
  • okla68m
    Thanks....sorta what I was thinking. Of course there's the legality of Trading, "NOT", being only a patient license and I Dont know this person. She is local and I've scoured her FB profile looking for any connection to LE. None, so far. She asked for a pic of the product, which I proudly displayed. That seemed to truly spark her interest. The exchange was my suggestion, when she responded a day or so later, having thought more about the possible ramifications of such, I Rescinded the offer....her response was "DARN, SURE IS PRETTY, IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND GET BACK WITH ME" !
    Gonna have to contemplate the Safest way to go about it. It would be a Good deal for me, as I am already right at the amount of Flower I can Legally possess, 8 oz.
    I Know the answer already, but, trading dosent fall into the category of "Selling", IMO, LOL ! I doubt LE would feel that way tho, sigh !!
    I fear if I Study Too Long, I could be Studying Wrong...
  • EconMan

The probability of a law enforcement bureaucrat truly concerning themselves with small-time YOU trying to trade an onion for a mechanical device.... it seems very low they would care enough to do a whole sting operation to stop this "kingpin" level trade.

On the other side of the fence, it is Oklahoma! :scream: -- one of the nuttiest states in USA history -- was not that long ago at all you couldn't dance and drink publically, you couldn't buy a glass of wine with your dinner, and you could not buy cold beer over 3.2% alcohol (that one might still be true?).
    When I was a kid, Marlow OK had a "sundown laws" -- as you entered from Hwy 81/29 there was a sign "No negroes after dark". It wasn't until the late 70's the city was forced to take it down. To this day not one black person lives there.

Can you tell my love/hate relationship with Oklahoma? :joke:
  • Baron23
    The probability of a law enforcement bureaucrat truly concerning themselves with small-time YOU trying to trade an onion for a mechanical device.... it seems very low they would care enough to do a whole sting operation to stop this "kingpin" level trade.EconMan

Yes, but if caught...well, if you divert med MJ in my state...you will lose your card.

Just need to be aware of the consequences.

Cheers
  • EconMan
    Yes, but if caught...well, if you divert med MJ in my state...you will lose your card.
    Just need to be aware of the consequences.
    Baron23

Indeed. Classic low-probability high-impact "expected value" analysis.
    The press is worth $200. What is the value of the weed to you? And what is the value of NOT losing your medical card and other possibilities "costs" of the system?

Then it is all about the probability which is hard to pinpoint. If you believe there is .1 chance of being caught then then probably (pun intended) it should not be done. However, if you're quite confident of only a .00000000001 chance of discovery, then go for it -- you're unlikely to win the inverse lottery.
  • Baron23
    Indeed. Classic low-probability high-impact "expected value" analysis.EconMan

Exactly. I used to do flight test work....planning, management, reporting. Always needed to do a risk and safety analysis. Even if the probability was very small, if the impact was large enough to put it over the line, then it needed to be mitigated.

Yep, probability ain't the only factor.
  • Pud
    .... just give them the cash for the press and sell something to someone you know... or go in halves with a friend
  • Baron23
    Or boost a gas station. Always my fall back plan....hahahah....jk...probably not funny but I'm laughing! LOL
    Hey guys, what’s the optimum way to press 14oz on 3x5 plates? All at once(if so what dimension bag), two 7oz at the same time or two eighths at a time twice?

And what would be the most efficient amount to press on a 10t 3x5 press at a time. Thanks
  • Baron23
    way to press 14oz52

14 ounces or 14 grams? :wink:
  • LabPong
    52......my guess is 7gms on a 3x5 plate might be optimum for control if you do not have a lot of experience with larger amounts. I would rather error on the side of caution with the smaller amount per pressing.

But if you are totally dialed in on your process...... with larger amounts......go for it...especially if you grew it ...lol

Lol, umm, edit that please :lol:
  • EconMan

I would probably do two bags of a quarter oz each -- two batches -- flat style with 3x5 bags (which should actually be slightly less than that). Lots of other different and perhaps better ways to do it I could imagine as well. :nerd:

So when is a flat bag an advantage over bottle tech?
  • Hapo
    :brow:
  • EconMan
    So when is a flat bag an advantage over bottle tech?52

FIrst, it is a matter of personal opinion. I'm unaware of any scientific journal possessing a study of it.
    I find I get better and tastier results when my bag is near the same dimensions of the plates, else, the oil burns on the parchment. I don't like that. It's mostly a familiarity preference. There are many great squishers who only use BT. I use both. Part of the decision is press-driven. BT is more forgiving being less sensitive to a poor pack.
    Second, I believe too often BT can end up using too much pressure since so much is compressed vertically. So I tend to use BT on my smaller squishes where a full bag isn't warranted. I don't ever like to go more than 750psi at any point in the squish. That said, this is my preferences, and I am NOT claiming dogmatic status. It just works for me.
    GG4
    aa7n2fs27mrj07ug.jpeg
  • Gman
    looking good!
  • EconMan

That looks really, really nice man. That's dabbable :starstruck: . Proud of you :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment