• BobCat
    I'm personally not the biggest fan of tangential forum threads- NORMALLY. However, this story cracked me up. As a 'budding' entrepreneur and quasi genius, @VapeCritic best take note of this cautionary tale.

link https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-sued-by-the-sec-for-securities-fraud-1538079650

Review
    Elon Musk tweeted he was considering taking Tesla private. He would buy each public share at $420 USD. Allegedly, he didn't have the funds (fraud) and arbitrarily came up with the $420 price as a Marijuana joke to his girlfriend.

Wall Street Journal excerpt
    The SEC said in its complaint that “Musk stated that he rounded up the price to $420 because he had recently learned about the number’s significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend ‘would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price,’” the SEC’s complaint says. The number “420” is sometimes associated with marijuana.
  • SirCrackKillaH
    Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. All those that engage in smoking it, eating it, growing it, playing with it, criminals! Everyone engaged with anything marijuana oriented is a criminal!
    I had to explain this to one of the guys I work with. He thought that having a Medical card was protection against firing but it’s not. Until it’s accepted at the federal level, we’re all criminals here in the U.S.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment