• Dr green thumb
    I got ENFP I do not see this as being very common. These tests are so cool as looking back this is how my life has been.
  • EconMan
    ENTP
    I like simple manual vapes, no hi tec gizmos just a heat source and big on demand hits eg Milaana, Da Buddha, Sticky Brick, Project A!
    @Hazel super cool idea for a thread, way to up the intellectual content :grin:
    standingsideways

I love ENTP's. Always dependable for some titilizing discussion/debate and BIG bowls like ENTx's do :)
  • PuffItUp
    I got ENTP am I a winner?

My favorite vapes are the mighty, dynavaps, stickybricks, and fury 2 today. It will probably change tomorrow!

BTW I missed INTP by 1%
  • Cl4ud3
    You expect stoners to all get ENT
  • EconMan
    I got ENFP I do not see this as being very common.Dr green thumb

It's not a common nor rare. Polling seems to indicate they are about 5-8% of the US population with a strong bias towards females (significantly more ENFP women than men). SJ's are the most common at about 40%. Then SP's

David Keirsey labeled your type "Idealists/Champions". They can get bored easily and value "possibilities" more than most. Injustice often bothers them more than most others, and "people skills" are impressive. One academic study show significance with respect to physical pain (ENFP's may actually feel physical pain worse on average than the other types. On the other side, they are tied with ESTP's for most likely to be diagnosed (still a small probability) with Narcissistic Personality disorder. (btw, my type, ENTJ, has the HIGHEST incidence of "Antisocial Personality Disorder. lol

Although its an extroverted type, ENFP's are not usually Type-A "controllers" or at least sustained for any length of time -- booooring! ---- and no other type excels more in getting people to get along. NF's are not called idealists for nothing.

As a personal disclaimer.... I have a history with ENFP's Specifically, ENFP women. It would be incorrect to say I am attracted to ENFP women.... to broad a statement. What is correct, when meet a woman and we have great "chemistry"... laugh, flirt, talk, tease, play, sexual energy, etc.... and I don't know her well enough to know if I really like her or not, yet nevertheless feel inexplicably compelled like a moth to a flame to get closer.... when I have these experiences it is almost ALWAYS an ENFP.
  • EconMan
    I got ENTP am I a winner?PuffItUp

YES! :party:
    It means you're a freak like me. Stop on by and lets do ENT dabs. :nerd:
  • standingsideways
    @EconMan
    Dude that's spot on woodscents from Ed's TnT is at the top of my wanted list.
    @Hazel
    I'd love to see more of this on the forum. We all talk about what and how we vape but some more of why and how it helps us would be really interesting. The deeper side as well as all the awesome practical topics. Totally fascinating to me to, I've seen this model before and I am very ENTP close ESTP and think both are pretty accurate, I love risk and danger as much as a debate.
    I can't wait to see how it develops and if there are any pattern's.
  • EconMan
    As a quick side note. We are all every one of the 16 types. Our "type" is what we usually favor. A pissed off introvert at that moment can be louder and more obnoxious than any extrovert... sometimes moreso... they've been brewing under pressure so to speak.

Or when I "emotionally meltdown" it's ugly and pitiful as my rationality and intellect go out the window temporarily.

also, consider this, as an example, of real people who possess and have been confirmed the ESTP "promoter" type. You can see the similarities but also the differences. that's the point. :)

Madonna
    Donald Trump
    Eva Peron
    Winston Churchill
    Helen Gurley Brown
    George S. Patton
    Billie Jean King
    Mohammad Ali
    Hugh Hefner
  • EconMan
    I'd love to see more of this on the forum. We all talk about what and how we vape but some more of why and how it helps us would be really interesting. The deeper side as well as all the awesome practical topics. Totally fascinating to me to, I've seen this model before and I am very ENTP close ESTP and think both are pretty accurate, I love risk and danger as much as a debate.
    I can't wait to see how it develops and if there are any pattern's.
    standingsideways

Yes!! I have a dear female ISFJ friend (married to my best friend) who suffers from severe migraines (she is about to have neck fusion surgery). Her "S" (how she knows what she knows) is strong and she resisted vaping like mad. She had no rational gripe against it, other than "i've smoked weed for 20 years, why do I need a better method... I'm happy with this one." Well with a lot of plain old fashion harassment and pushing, she tried my Plenty and liked it but loved my volcano (which I like but don't love). So I gave it to her. She is so happy "bagging" it.
    Now. I got into dabbing so her hubby my best friend got into dabbing. She saw the big-ass torch and flipped out accusing us of turning into "crack heads". She was so darn scared. Come to find out she had a bad experience once in her early youth with crystal so she associates torches with crack and meth.

Her hubby and I knew that dabbing would be good for her because when her migrains come they are intense and weed seems to be the only thing she's found that alleviates the pain without turning her into a zombie. She is still resisting, so he's going to get an e-nail and skip the torch.

The point here is that SJ's "go deeper" back into history when they feel, think, and make their decisions. They are the most likely type to identify themselves as "conservative". Change can be frightening in general to all types, but to SJ's it can be rather daunting (unless of course, it is they who initiate the change :)

And thank the universe SJ's are the most common. They are the unsung heroes of regular daily life who Plato called the "guardian pillars of society". Indeed, Dr. Keirsey took his name for them - Guardians -- directly from Plato.
  • Pakalolo2
    I ended up with a ENTJ.

My favorite vapeis are my MV1’s (Black & Silver) but I’m anxiously waiting to check out Bud’s new vape as soon as he’s ready to release the beast!
  • EconMan
    I ended up with a ENTJ.Pakalolo2

My ENTJ brother ! :)
  • Amneed

I got ENFJ.

Personality type is tied into how a person views his place in the world - introverts vs extroverts. I believe the core personality a person has is reflected in all of their choices.

So...yeah...I think you are on to something about what vape people choose. In the case of someone saying they only have one vape, this is where a personality type that is adaptive is critical. A personality type that can not adapt would not, for instance, be tolerant of a vape they need to stir or learn to draw from like a FF2 they would want immediate results like a dynavap or joint.

Interesting question Hazel.
  • metalmancpa
    INTJ
    Introvert(66%) iNtuitive(41%) Thinking(22%) Judging(3%)
    You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (66%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (41%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (22%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (3%)

Not exactly sure how that correlates to my vape choices - Mighty, Crafty, Ghost MV1, OmniVap XL Ti, G-Pen Elite. Sometimes I session, sometimes on demand. Full extraction > Flavor. I should clean my vapes more.
  • Hazel
    so glad your interested in this too!! It was all started by @EconMan but I certainly ran with it in my ocd obsessive way after seeing how accurate my assessment was ! Lol
  • Hazel
    did you read summary of what it means?? Maybe that will help with insight lol maybe the capes have things in common like convection vs conduction or on demand vs sipping or whatever it is lol

yeaaaa buddy!! Another E type!! :party:
  • EconMan
    Maybe that will help with insight lol maybe the capes have things in common like convection vs conduction or on demand vs sipping or whatever it is lolHazel

Yes. Hazel. The important thing is to not make it a "box" and more like "attributes". We are ALL every type occasionally (and often not very good at it). It's just a measure of central tendency. For instance, lets use @Hazel as our conversational prop.
    She is of the primary group "SJ" (sensing/judging - where "sensing" in modern pop language means means observant -- as opposed to "imagining" -- how do we know what we know? Do we experience it or theorize it?) and "Judging" -- as opposed to "Perceiving" -- Do we want things neat and tidy with decisions made and scheduled for "implementation" or does the thought of premature decision making instill fear of "missing out" on "Possibilities"? Judgers, which again, in modern language is more like "scheduler" or "planner" likes things nailed down. Make the decision, live with it, and move on.

I suspect SJ's in general dislike vaping "fads" and are relatively unimpressed with fancy gadgetry and theoretically "cool things" and are more likely to stick with a particular vape once they find what they like. As an "F" -- Feeler as opposed to Thinker (better words are empathic and logical, respectively), she makes her decisions with an above-average level of empathy -- her choices are HEAVILY guided by their expected impact on others. Further more, more than any other major type classification, SJ's are the quickest to make relationship specific investments, whereas my type -- NT -- is among the least likely. SJ's are the largest part of the population, and thank goodness, the world would literally stop working without them.
    SJ woman are the least likely to "sexualize" themselves. Not that they can't, won't, or don't like being sexy, the expectation of "being girly" turns them off more than the other three classifications (NT, SP, NF). Hence, it is NOT an accident Hazel like the Mighty and Crafty. Responsible and dependable devices whose worth is not measured by hype, but EXPERIENCE. SJ's favorite words in word studies are Responsibility, Duty, and honesty.

So generally speaking, I suspect most SJ's would have more conservative (not in the political sense) than the other types. Next, I'll think about NF's and SP's, two types I'm fascinated by.
  • EconMan
    BTW I missed INTP by 1%PuffItUp

Some researchers call folks like you "ambiverts" since you're statistically "close to both" One fun thing self discovery -- sometimes the (E) and the (I) are "conditioned" behavior. As an example, a highly extroverted, say ENFP child, who dances in her panties jumping on the couch, and her caregiver says, "quit acting like a little whore and more like a lady..." That can obfuscate the test. Such people often take longer to discover "who they are" as overcoming childhood wounds is a process, not a merely decision.

Not saying that's you, but merely food for conversational though. It did apply to me though as I first tested in High School as a ESTP and I'm very far from that in reality... it was the "corner" I was painted into as a child. Today, I am a very strong ENT (all 90%'ish) with my J being rather weak at only in the 50-60% range. So I can often more resemble a ENTP.... especially high.

Hence, when I vape, so technically, technically, intellectually, efficiency!.... it is really a fear-based mechanism to subconsciously prove to myself "I have CONTROL!", I know what I'm doing, and this time it's going to be different... when in fact of course such notions are pure illusion.
  • Dr green thumb
    control is an illusion. An easy way to prove that is when your car hits black ice you suddenly have no control.
  • Hazel
    I have to say- some of the stuff I’m reading online about my ESFJ personality with an INTJ is upsetting. Makes me sound like a difficult, controlling, nagging wife. Which really sucks. I really don’t “feel” that way and really try to consciously not be that way being i have a masters in psychology. However ... i am a FEELER and just bc i feel i am/am not doing something ... clearly doesn’t mean i am/am not doing something.

So anyway- even though it says my personality type tends to come off/be perceived that way to INTJ personalities... it also explains how and why some things i do come off that way to an INTJ. It makes perfect sense actually knowing my amazing INTJ hubs like I do. We’ve been together 14 years so... I’d say I know him pretty well! Lol

Even though I get why I can come off that way now...and what he needs as far as an “I” vs an “E” and a “Thinker” vs a “Feeler”... still hard to always do the right thing to not come off that way. What a negative discription of my traits :cry: But I’m also a pleaser.. and always want to be the best wife, partner, friend, and business owner/worker possible. Always wanting to improve myself and make myself the best (like vapes should be constantly improving lol) so I will take this and work with it lol

Now give me some dirt on the negatives of an INTJ that he can work on to be better with me LOL More emotional? Sympathetic? Understanding and communicative? How can we enjoy a good vape sesh together being so different in personalities and our wants/needs from a vape?! We’re talking long slow draws with need for lots of lung capacity and direct hits of vapor / dabbing etc vs little baby bird sips from project A and no lung capacity. :grin:

Looks like our vaping is just as different as our personalities - completely on opposite sides of the spectrum. Oyyyy veyyyyy Give me something to work with here! Lol I guess the fact @VapeCritic developed and created Project A is a start! It’s a way to make our personalities and vaping styles (those of complete opposites) work a little better together ! Ha! Indirect relationship benefit!
  • EconMan
    Yeah, I think so. Relationships of all types require investment and work and there will and and actually should be healthy conflict. There is no perfect match. There just isn't. This is what Isabel Myers meant by "Gifts Differing". Or Keirsey, I'm not crazy, I'm just not you!" :)

Often the REAL struggle is is not what our partners and friends do, but how what they do "triggers" us with "familiars" (experiences with our most problematic caregiver -- ex: for my ENTJ self, it is emotional based criticism... with tears and yelling and drama... can't take it and I "bite back" to defend my Ego, now under assault by what I judge at that moment as an irrational life form... an attitude that just made my mom even angrier).

There really isn't such a thing as "control issues". If you peel the onion back, for those who are willing to risk looking in that ugly mirror, control-issues are actually TRUST issues. We control because we do not trust. And peeling back even farther, deep diving into our own psyche, we may find that when we fail to trust others (when we rationaly should), perhaps we don't trust ourselves and THAT is the real problem? I've seen the cops show up at a friend's house because they got in a fierce argument over how to cut a tomato, that escalated into a knife fight! Does anyone thing they were REALLY fighting over a tomato. No. They 2nd quested each other constantly -- i.e. no trust. The guy (INTJ) argued she doesn't care about learning anything (because she didn't cut the tomato according to his scientific principles) and she (ISFJ) argued she worried he would cut himself they way he was doing it.... Within an hour she was trying to cut him.... after he "rationalized" her to insanity. Two USUALLY normal stable people.... whose childhood wounds are still kicking their ass.... Their EGO's prefered to be right rather than to love.

So this is why I like to read and study this sort of stuff. It helps me recognize that usually conflicts have two sides and perspectives. Lastly, how rational is our expectations of our friends and partners? I think at times it's absurd -- I'm among the worst at times -- once we start trying to remake them in our own image. If we can "let go" of control, meaning to make a choice to trust, really trust, we will prosper in our intimate relations with others. Indeed, if there was one reason I love to smoke with friends, it is the intimate conversation which over time diminishes people's anxieties as the choose to risk trusting.

So, **IF** I was a ESFJ, I would ask and answer myself this simple question: "Within my relationships is my intense need to help, nurture, protect, and champion, an authentic altruistic notion towards those I love OR is it possible what I'm actually doing too often is a selfish application of control? Am I really that powerful of a super-person that I can be all things to all people. " Only you can answer that. But I suspect that, like your type does tend to do, you put way too much responsibility on your shoulders that in reality is the responsibility of another.

Mathematically. Misery > 0 if Expectations > Reality
  • EconMan
    Now give me some dirt on the negatives of an INTJ that he can work on to be better with me LOLHazel

I will do this. You can't let Bud ban me! lol

But in the morning. Going to a surprise birthday party for me tonight. Yes, of course I know. I'm a ENTJ. lol
  • Hazel
    You will never be banned! :wink: I have a mod account too (tun tun tunnnn) :scream: lol Have fun!
  • EconMan
    For those interested, here is a good discussion of the "familiars" concept... often, within our toxicity and melodrama, we are drawn unconsciously to those who make us suffer in "familiar" ways.

https://youtu.be/Hvysy11716g
  • metalmancpa
    I have not studied in depth personality types and tendency correlations. I ride with my own intuition, good bad or indifferent. I haven't really broken down the details of my vaping style. I just vape as I do and don't hold a lot of stock in how I developed "my way". In general, I vape for effect, and the tools of my vaping are simply what I consider to be a balance of quality and performance. Session and On-Demand provide variety.
  • EconMan

Whis is in itself a personality attribute :)
  • Dr green thumb
    @VapeCritic why have you not taken the test?

I am curious as to which one you would be.
  • EconMan
    VapeCritic why have you not taken the test?

I am curious as to which one you would be.
    Dr green thumb

He has. I pegged him as an INTJ before I ever saw @Hazel. Speaking of Hazel, I owe her an "analysis" of "dirt". lol

Different researchers have different descriptive names -- my favorites are "mastermind" and "architect" but the revealing thing is the cognitive functions. Put it like this, if an INTJ had a whole case of fucks, to your "irrational" complaints, he doubtfully would not give you even one single fuck. Its a rare type, Perhaps the one where on average they have the least faith in humanity. To an INTJ, at least often, everyone is full of shit, except of course, them :)

The irony is they usually have deep repressed feelings so they "compensate" by going all "Mr. Spock" playing the game of "That's irrational!" Indeed, often when the do start to feel, like me (ENTJ), it can ironically become an emotional melt-down of epic proportions. It is not pretty.

But if I was starting a business, think tank, or anything that requires "plowing through" stuff to get something done. My type tends to get along very well with INTJ's. I've never met one I did not like, but I also have not met one who is not socially strange. All my business partners have oddly been INTJ's. Maybe not that odd. ****IF**** an INTJ positively judges (I used the word "judge" specifically) someone competent and capable and worthwhile.... then they usually work well with others, and often not only don't mind, but prefer "1st Officer" rather than captain.... they are the ones who actually run the place. If they judge you an incompetent creten, well as I've already said they have no fucks to give such people.

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet