• Copper00
    I been vaping for almost 7 months now and I’m still where I first started 1 8 Second draw if I tru pushing it to 12 I can get into trouble. I figured by now I would be able to take 2-3 8 second draws. Unless it’s because I’m still vaping the same strain with 13% thc or occasionally tangie with 13–14% or so. I have tried blueberry kush once and it had 28% tasted amazing was decent but a little over an hour in I started crashing hard with my blood sugar Not sure if it was coincidental I did eat prior to that then got very dizzy and weird feeling my blood sugar was about 32. Seeing all those YouTube videos and on here I’m like why can’t I be like these guys take 10-15 minute sessions taken several long pulls.
  • Dr green thumb
    It comes with time, I am assuming you are a type 1 diabetic. I have seen some interactions between some of the medicines used along with the insulin. Be glad you have little resistance as your flower will go much further. I am also glad you caught your blood sugar at 32 as any lower and its likely you would have passed out or worse. If you have the ability to look for a strain with higher thcv those tend to help with diabetes.
  • Copper00
    Not a diabetic I’m hypoglycemic it does run in my family but it’s type 2 and skips a generation my dad has it.
  • Dr green thumb
    glad the diabetes missed your generation. Tolerance takes years to build up. I personally vape all day every day with multiple forms of marijuana. I didnt start off like that but have worked to it by using marijuana for 26 years. Some people never build up a tolerance and they luck out as they save alot of money.
  • Copper00
    It’s weird because now smoking is a different story u less it’s comparable to the dosage I’m getting in vaping. The few times I smoke a joint 3/4 of a regular sized joint Will get me gone but offer more pain relief yet a simple 8 second draw from a vaporizer will keep me in a good place but try pushing that to 2 or even just a 12-14 second draw I can get a strong head high and still be in pain in my bad days and it just gets me anxious and the anxiety makes the high worse. Smoking seems to provide a better body high without making the head high so intense I can hear audio hallucinations. Don’t get me wrong, I feel the body effects vaping and can get a nice body buzz going but not all the pain is always gone and the head high is always more intense then body high.
  • John Cocktostone

I get zero pain relief from THC. It's more of a pain forgetter for me than a pain reliever
  • Dr green thumb
    Sativas are good for a head high and are more likely to trigger anxiety. Indicas are good for relaxing with that locked to the couch feeling. They also have hybrids that are either sativa or indica dominant that offer benefits of both strains. For pain I'd suggest looking for a strain that has both cbd and thc as they work together to stop the pain. Ac/dc is an excellent strain.
  • Copper00
    I vape AC/DC all day long usually occasionally if I want to be high I have tangie. Honestly though though I feel better smoking a bowl of AC/DC then vaping it unless I take a lot of draws. I’d say 4-5 8-10 second draws will do it. I vape a lot of purple urkel at night 13.96% thc but I can feel it all over I haven’t tried smoking it though I only smoke acdc and shark shock.

The few sativas I have tried and tangie is the only one I vaped often it did held a little bit with pain but it was more of a head high. Even the purple urke has a stronger head highs then the body high.
  • Baron23
    Serious...most of us try hard to manage out tolerance to keep it down below the stratosphere.

Edibles, tinctures, all forms of concentrate, and just vaping your ass off with flower from wake to sleep...with a bit of time, that should do it, I think.
  • Copper00
    I’m not trying to sit here and smoke or vape a ton ever day all day and night long more down the lines of getting a stronger effect without anxiety taken over or getting to high it’s not enjoyable.
  • Dr green thumb
    Take your vape mix it half with purple urkel and half with acdc. Turn the temp up to 392 and enjoy the ride if its off your mighty lower that 10 degrees.
  • Copper00
    I actually tried that and it’s not bad. Just doesn’t get me high. I also have pretty bad anxiety and ptsd sometimes when I get the high the bad thoughts go away and I get into a very calm peaceful state. I literally will go from fn this and fn that to a very calm peaceful happy state. When I mixed it the last few times I got relief but no high and no relaxation well I did get a little but still didn’t stop the bad thoughts and worthless. No I’m not depressed I may not always get full pain relief but I’m getting help with other things.
  • Startedat52
    Try cutting/mixing your favorite herb with a low(less then 1% thc) thc high cbd strain. Start at 50/50 and go from there. That’s how I started.
  • Copper00
    I actually tried that with another brand of AC/DC that 18%\1.24% of so. If I understand u correctly that might be what I originally started doing I started with cbd then a 9% cbd 8% thc then 10% thc 13% and I been there ever sense except for the one time I tried blueberry kush st 28%
  • Copper00
    Off and the problem I have with AC/DC is it’s not good enough for sleep it will keep me up. Slot of my issues aside from pain start up at night time and I can go days without sleeping. So that’s when I need the thc at night because we don’t have critical mass or another’s Indica cbd strain. Wait we have cbd shark witch is basically shark shock but it won’t make me tired.
  • Baron23
    I’m sorry. You deserve a serious response. Just so many have the opposite situation.

Please let me reply more tomorrow.
  • NorthernVaper
    When I started vaping I almost gave it up right away. I had a session vape and kept the heat low. Little did I know that method did crap for my medical condition. It didn't help at all until I bought a sticky brick Jr and started using my session vape at higher temps. Try getting a butane vape or run your current one at Max temps.
  • Copper00
    I actually have tried maxing the temps the body highs are stronger but it’s also a more groggy dreamy feeling and the head high is usually more intense and starts messing with my head but it does help. Even vaping on 420 though did not compare to smoking. Seems like smoking is more balanced or more of a body high and vaping is a weaker body high with more of a head high . Not bad it’s calmimg me down and making me relaxed and happy just not fully effective with the pain. I’m still feeling the effects an hour in but it’s all in my head mostly I want to vape again but it’s still strong in my head. And not so much body the pain is back and body effects aside from feeling heavy fade away about 30 minutes in
  • Dr green thumb

Baron23 is a wealth of knowledge I'm sure he will have some excellent suggestions that will help you. I will reccomend a strain that knocks me it's called pennywise

https://www.leafly.com/indica/pennywise

Leafly is a website that has info on just about every strain.
  • Hammertime
    Tolerance isnt something u will want once u have it
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Copper00 buy a 5er of oil and eat all of it you might sleep for a bit but when you wake up ypu dopeamins are going tp be so depleted you might not ever get high again! Is this truly wjat you are looking for? Do you need to take such big hauls? That i can get behind i love the sweet feeling of aspyhixiation not in the bedroom though funnily enough! Seriously though it can be a problem. My wife says i even hold my breath my sleep like im ripping a gagger
  • Copper00
    Yeah I use Leafly a lot just majority of the strains I have available I never tried most of them are for depression and stress seems like. I never had anything really but one time over 14% in thc content. I was told it’s good to switch it up because I still vape purple urkel almost always and have for the past 6 months i rarely goto anything else. I have kong, mango, and chem 4 og blackberry kush and a little blueberry kush left all in the low to high 20s in thc content except mango at like 16% on the indica side. Sad that I have so many they are all in 8ths and I’m not even touching them.
  • Microvaper
    Are you in a legal state and have access to a dispensary? If so you should try much lower THC content strains like cannatonic or harlequin. There is high CBD content and the much lower THC will be kind to you in the paranoia department.
  • rft360
    try if you can cbd tincture to compliment your stuff also if you constantly keep changing strains tolerance will always be kinda low...in my experience if you stick to one strain you can get a tolerance in 1 week
  • techvape
    Try to vape at least over 400f. Below you will get mor the head high and over it you get more of the body stoned.
  • Dr green thumb
    kong, mango , and your other strains are all good strains for relaxation. Do not focus on high thc strains as these will give you the paranoia that you do not want. High cbd strains are what you want and yes they will get you high just without the mind racing effect.
  • meeemeee
    I have a hard time getting stoned these days. Tolerance through the roof.
    Don't see why you would want to gain any. I wanna keep it down.
    Dabs always take my tolerance up sadly.
  • Copper00
    I have tried harlequin it sucks well it’s decent but I get a headache every time from it. Yeah im in New Jersey it’s just medical though but think it’s gling to recreational I’m january but I see that as a bad thing u can’t buikd buildings over night and I can’t plant seed and have them fully grow the next day. They can’t keep up with the 65,000 people on the program, and all the dispensaries grow the most rediculous strains with low yields, and not one of them plans on buying from Colorado or what ever ore packaged bud Maryland does. Curaleaf has a decent selection but there bud is inconsistent and the bulk of there strains are not for pain. They got like 15 strains today only 2 are really good for pain to my understanding and that’s blackberry kush and purple urkel ohh and forgot gg#4, and the purple urkel is inconsistent and has literally no purple in my last batch so I’m wondering if that’s why the head highs is so strong because it’s all green bud.

In the paranoia department it’s actually weird because 2 cbd strains put me in paranoi one was harlequin and ACDC does to sometimes get something like purple urkel even when I’m too high keeps me calm heart races but if anxiety or paranoia starts it’s quickly fades away.

My whole thing with the tolerance is not to smoke so much in 1 day it’s mostly just so I can get a little bit more at a time. Different people I meet at dispensary are like nah we don’t do all that fancy stuff just load a bowl and take at least 3-5 hits or if we only want 1 hit we use a bong nothing can beat one. Actually 2 people I met were treating chronic pain as well and the both told me their doctors told them to go no lower then 18% thc and try to stick to the purest indica dominants they can and paranoia can be kept out of the picture if u take it slow with higher thc they claimed you don’t need as many hits or as big of hits. Actually one dude mentioned trying to get my hands on northern lights it’s one of the best he has tried for chronic pain and the guy was similar to me.
    Few people I talk to say there is a lot of trial and error but with the right way of medicating there are strains out there that can be as effective as opioids without the bad side effects New Jersey just doesn’t really have them even my doctor told me u just have to find them but there are strains out there that can be as effective as pain pills that I’m used to or dilauted they may be trippy and intense but they work and just like pain meds. We don’t have northern lights here at a dispensary i was told by a handful it’s a must try and the one guy had bad anxiety as well said it puts it at bay and impossible to get bad thoughts, and i was told by many a lot of it can be in your head if keep thinking about what your feeling paranoia and anxiety will set in because u told it to. If you just relax and try to enjoy it then it won’t be so bad because your not thinking so much trying to create a problem for your self. Ohh no I feel weird this isn’t right that’s how anxiety and paranoia can creep in and I have noticed that. I got really high last night but kept it under control by not thinking about it, and watching a movie or playing around on my phone.

I’ll try experimenting with higher temperatures again. Last time I did the body highs were nicer but head highs were on a different level as well in a more intense way.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Copper00 so you want to take more meds without feeling parinoia. Building your tolerance to the parinoia will also build your tolerance for pain managment. Are you taking other medications there could be a reaction unknown to your doctors or over looked. I would look into something straight cbd even if its not bud whether that be something topical, oral or what have you. Another thing to consider is that maybe marijuana as a treatment isnt right for you. It can have different effects from person to person and just because 80 percent of people respond well doesnt mean thatbthe other 20 do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment