• Ctipp22
    I believe it helps keep it clean.
  • Ctipp22
    Dosing Capsule*
  • Baron23
    Yes, if keeping your bowl looking like new is a major concern, then the DC's work for that. Me, personally, I view the browning of the bowl along the lines of a good meerschaum pipe getting its patina from use.

In my mind, the DCs are good for two things...well, three but two are pretty much the same....1) they can be prepacked for med patients who have issues with dexterity, vision, etc. They can be pre-loaded by a care giver. Similarly, they can be pre-loaded for a day out and for some people that's worth it and; 2) they work wonderfully to make a flower-concentrate sandwich without gooing up the entire bowl.

I use them for the second purpose.

When using my Mighty with flower only, I use the bowl native and then top with a liquid pad which adds a bit of conduction and results in the most even AVB possible.

Cheers
  • Ctipp22
    Well said man, thank you.
  • Señor Negro
    I view the browning of the bowl along the lines of a good meerschaum pipe getting its patina from use.Baron23

Hmm ... I tried so hard to understand that but that's way beyond my comprehension. Any help ?
  • Ctipp22
    just letting the mighty get a little seasoned from use. I personally usually like to keep things cleaner for longer but ill try both and weigh the difference in vapor quality,
  • Señor Negro
    Ok thanks mate, so what are you guys trying to say is that it's cleaner but not as good as withouth the dosing capsule right ?

Still trying to learn as much as I can :sweat:
  • Baron23
    A meerschaum pipe will color with age and use....its a sign of the love its experienced for it to turn brown. I feel the same about my Mighty bowl...its made to be used and as a result it will look like it. Others like to keep it pristine at, IMO, the expense of pure function at times.

LVCMeerschaum_zpsed33a3c3.jpg
  • Ctipp22
    He's basically saying yes they work does he always use it : no . But this is how he does if he wants to use the DC. Ill just play with both
  • Señor Negro
    That's nice, and funny at the same time. I do understand you perfectly when you talk about "love" :lol:

Is that pipe yours? Because it's a very fine piece of work :love:

Thanks again and please share your thoughts when you have some conclusions to share with us :wink:
  • Hammertime
    It doesn't hit nearly as hard with the dosing caps. I never use the caps at home
  • Baron23
    Is that pipe yours? Because it's a very fine piece of work :love:Señor Negro

No, not a tobacco smoker anymore and never really a pipe smoker. Just used as a metaphor.
  • Señor Negro
    Neither do I but it's still a nice piece. Any pic of your "most loved" vapes you want to share with me ? :love:
  • Copper00
    I always use the dosing capsules with mine love it makes it so easy to load up and empty I prefix mine so it helps reduce the odor too. Load on up take it out pop a new one in good to go. Just wish they were more reasonably priced the pack of 40 can’t possibly be worth more then $5-$10 realistically. That’s my only complaint especially considering how soft they are and how they can get stuck occasionally and wind up damaging them. Same with the origins yeah it may be a lot u get but I can get them at hard ware stores for like a quarter a piece.
  • Baron23
    I try not to "spend" other people's money nor tell them what is and what is not worth it to them....that's a very personal decision.

But 40 of them for $13.90 = 35 cents each. Yes, they can be damaged, but I have also used a single capsule for quite some time and many refills.

Any pic of your "most loved" vapes you want to share with me ? :love:Señor Negro

I don't want to hijack this thread, so....
  • Señor Negro
    I don't want to hijack this thread, so....Baron23

Yeah sorry about that :sweat:

Do you really NEED 40 of those? :brow:
  • Ctipp22
    I just have to try both and see what I prefer with the DC
  • Cedar
    Oh man, Baron. that pipe analogy is what got me so into the wood vaping devices. I had/have quite a collection of pipes, including meershaum. Thanks for the quick trip down memory lane.
  • Copper00
    How many come in a pack? 20 or 40? I could probably even use 100 i pre grind and fill all at once it’s easier that way plus my bud always comes really fresh so it helps drying it out a little more too. Helps eliminate the smell to from having to grind constantly so it works out perfectly for me.
  • BobCat
    @Ctipp22

In my mind, the DCs are good for two things...well, three but two are pretty much the same....1) they can be prepacked for med patients who have issues with dexterity, vision, etc. They can be pre-loaded by a care giver. Similarly, they can be pre-loaded for a day out and for some people that's worth it and; 2) they work wonderfully to make a flower-concentrate sandwich without gooing up the entire bowl.Baron23

To piggy back off Baron: 3) With the DC liquid pads you can truly microdose with the capsules.
  • Señor Negro
    But you can do the same (or even better, some people says) using the concentrate pad as a spacer right ?
  • BobCat
    Yes you can, but with the dosing caps & dosing cap pads you can vape even smaller quantities plus all the benefits Baron mentioned: cleaner bowl, prepack, etc.

I do use the method you mentioned as well. :victory:
  • Aj85
    I brought my Mighty when they where first released and have had a replacement under warranty. I have never used a dosing capsule and rarely use the liquid pad even as a spacer.

To keep my bowl looking pretty and shiny I use Dark Crystal Clear cleaner and the method shown in this https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3244/cleaning-a-stained-mighty-herb-chamber-with-dark-crystal-clear-non-toxic-cleaner discussion thread I made a while ago.

All the best,

Aj.
  • Westkvw
    Is the quality or amount of vapor different with the dosing capsules?
  • Aj85
    same quality, but smaller loads meaning quicker sessions.

All the best,

Aj.
  • To the Cloud
    I find them great for microdosing. It's like a pod inside and oven
  • Baron23
    eeeeehhhhh....same quality? I find the extraction to be a bit weaker myself.

But they do suit very well for flower/trates and flower/pollen sandwiches. Other than that....I don't care for them that much.

I think the key to them is for patients with care givers who can be stocked with loaded capsules for the week and for those who vape on the go a lot.

Then there is the microdosing that alluded to....but I vape for pain and sedation so micro-dosing is nowhere in my universe! haha
  • Aj85
    fair enough, I stand corrected thanks mate! :up:

I was told by others that the vapor quality is just the same but less quantity, but as I’ve already mentioned I’ve never actually even used one!

So I take it you find stronger effects with the normal liquid pad for half packed bowls compared to the dosing caps?

Also as a Med patient without a care giver I would personally find the capsules trickier to use and fear I’d just crush them all or struggle to get them apart again. Ive also never used the filling tool. Lol

I vape for the same reasons as you, and as you know I’m no microdoser either.Lol

All the best, mate.

Aj.
  • Baron23
    I stand corrected thanks mate:up:Aj85

NO...not corrected...NEVER. Just a different POV, my friend.

To the board in general...I'm so very happy that AJ85 is posting more here again lately. AJ was one of our OG members, has TONS of experience, is more kind and patient than...well, me (LOL), and is unfailingly willing to help others on vapes.

I would NEVER correct him...just that while we see alike on very much, we do occasionally

have differences in opinion. Be bloody fucking boring otherwise, yeah?

So I take it you find stronger effects with the normal liquid pad for half packed bowls compared to the dosing caps?Aj85

I don't half pack that much...mostly, up to the top of the metal and then pop a LP on top. If I do want a smaller load, then yes, I do find that the LP on top does better for me than the DC. But many love the DCs. We are indeed a varied bunch.

Cheers, mate.
  • Aj85
    aww thanks mate! I’ve just seen your last post. your too kind, mate!

I hope you know, that my response wasn’t sarcasm. I was genuinely thanking you.

You know my occupation and that accuracy is the most important thing, so if someone spots a mistake you’ve made and corrects it for you, they’re doing you a solid favour and should be thanked for it.

As for my point of view, I was just going on what I was told by a few others, which was that using the DC’s had the same vapour quality but less volume. I never really had a point of view because I haven’t used the DCs.....I just have no need for them, I think I’d struggle using them and don’t consider the Mighty’s bowl size to be too big.

However, if you say there’s a difference and you find the extraction a bit weaker than when your using a liquid pad as a spacer,...... than to me, that’s probably an opinion I could take to the bank. lol

P.s. I P.M’d you earlier explaining my recent absence and my lack of response to you for a few days until now.

All the best, mate!

Aj.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube