• JMH
    Hello everyone, hoping you guys can help me with this one. I’m now either gonna go with the hydrobrick maxx with the VapeXhale Lynx and Calyx attachments on it. Or Ed’s Redwood Burl Woodscents. Which will have better flavor? As well as potency?
  • GhostMV1User
    I have an OG Maxx, I love it.

I also have the Lynx and prefer not to use it. IMHO water interferes with the taste. You get WAY better taste just going with the Maxx without water.

Get the Hydrobrick, you won't be disappointed.
  • JMH
    thank you for your input I appreciate it. Did you get the lynx for your maxx or?
  • Dr green thumb
    VAPELIFE10 gets 10% off on sticky brick website.

(Edited by Bud)
  • JMH
    thank you man I appreciate that! I didn’t see one on the discount page on here
  • GhostMV1User
    @JMH got th lynx for my Evo. Thought it wud fit my Maxx after it arrived, it does. Takes a bit of dexterity, but not too much.

I just felt water filters out a bit of taste, that's all. Maxx works awesomene with or without a bubbler attached. It's an awesome vape, a daily driver almost
  • JMH
    almost a daily driver? What do you mean, just curious
  • JMH
    also is the Evo way better? Jus askin since you have both
  • JMH
    Evo Standard Starter Kit is on sale for $299 rn better option than these two?
  • GhostMV1User
    @JMH daily driver means I use it everyday, I don't, that's why I said almost. Although I use it 5 days easily, so almost.

Which better? Ugh can't say. BOTH are top line. Maxx is a butane vape, takes learning a technique. Evo does not. Maxx does not require a power source, works during a power outage lol. Evo would not.

You can't go wrong with either. Both will get u whacked and both are good with micro dosing
  • JMH
    That sale isn’t worth it. Comes out to $346 still haha.
  • JMH
    do you like the Evo better for flavor
  • JMH
    does the eco produce better flavor than the maxx?
  • GhostMV1User
    @JMH First, I'd like others to reply, going on just my option alone probably not great advice. lol

My two favorite vapes right now are my Splinter and my Hydro Maxx OG. Why? Because they are so frigging easy to setup and use. Simple as that. I love my EVO, love my MV1, love a few others, but the simple fact is my Maxx an Splinter are literally almost as easy as loading a bong hit, It's rip an go. The Evo is easy too, but you have to hook it up, warm it up etc...

Maybe I'm getting lazy, won't object too much to that label.

Maybe tag a few of the moderators, have them chime in with opinions. Like I said, both are quality vapes. Hydro has a minor learning curve, not like the MV1, but they also include that new restrictor which is like high end training wheels, you get a good hit everytime. :)
  • VapeCritic
    Have you decided on plug-in or battery-powered versus torch-powered yet? or is everything still up in the air?

desktop? portable?
  • GhostMV1User
    @VapeCritic thanks for chiming in. Don't want him deciding just on my tastes.
  • JMH
    honestly everything is still up in the air? I like all the vapes that I’ve posted about. Just want something extremely reliable as a daily driver. One that deliver great potency and good flavor. I was just looking at the Omni XL with an induction heater too. Man it’s hard to choose. Something under $400. I do most of my medicating at home or if I go out of town so I’m fine with a desktop or portable.
  • Futurevapors
    Id love to talk Hydromaxx’s but I’ve never used one of Ed’s Woodsent’s as I just use a torch to heat up my VapCap. From looking I’d say you will be happy with Either Dude.
    As you know though I’m a Sticky Fan and you get a lot for you money with a Max, as it’s a proper Vape station.
  • Baron23
    honestly everything is still up in the air? I like all the vapes that I’ve posted about. Just want something extremely reliable as a daily driver. One that deliver great potency and good flavor.JMH

Well, haha...yeah, first thing you need to do is make some of those fundamental decisions that Bud raised.

Now, I'm a DynaVap lover. I think George is terrific and so are their products. I was touting VC's here when @VapeCritic was still calling them crack pipes! (and no, I NEVER let him forget that haha). But here is a suggestion, get an M for $60 and take that out of the equation for your first vape. Consider the VC M to be a low cost extra or bonus vape and now the question is; butane vs battery vs plug in and desktop vs portable.

Quite frankly, I don't think any portable comes close to the performance of my desktops. Mighty and MV1 come close...well, kind of close in that they can hit pretty hard and taste pretty good. But my desktops, and I'm primarily a home vaporist, are my go to.

Right now, for desktops, I have:

Volcano
    EVO
    E-nano
    Flowerpot shower head

If I had to pick from this list to meet your prior criteria (hard hitting, still taste good...sort of like "taste great, less filling LOL) I would go with either the EVO or the FP SH (SH for flower only which is all I use it for).

Between these two, for a starter vape, I would go with the EVO. Its reliable, will drain any load, depending on how hot you run it will determine taste (like many vapes), its safe (no exposed 700 F coils), fairly compact (compared to the FP), and if you want to use it with concentrates it has that capability (but I never gunk up my good flower vapes with 'trate reclaim, personally). Put a good HT with it and it will provide great service for a long time with little to no maintenance. Also, it and the HT will pack nicely into a pull-foam type hard case if you want to take it on the road. The EVO produces some of the finest even brown AVB you could want. Finally, I like Seibo Shen and the gang at VXH.

I still love my Volcano...I put about .3 G in there, 446 on the dial (I have a Digit), and will pull the milkiest bag you will want to see. Taste...nah, not offensive but not tasty. Hard hitting...yeah, the way I do it. Downside, its not very efficient with flower...especially the way I use it. haha

The Flower Pot is great also...ran mine last night and I can drain .15 g in two draws. But it is a bit of kit, you can definitely burn the shit out of stuff (like fingers, dining room table, carpet...that kind of thing). Depending on the temp you run, you can get all of the flavor draws and then bang it or do like me...two draws on a small load and its cashed.

I almost always recommend the E-nano to med patients who need to vape thru out the day as log vapes are just freaking good at that. Can be left on all day without worry, runs on VERY small loads if that's what you want, and if the stems are clean you can get all of the flavor you want out of the bud. But, based on your criteria, I would say save the Enano for a later purchase and not necessarily as you first vape.

Portables, you have been through. To me, that's either Mighty or MV1.

I do have SB and other butane vapes....but this is a fundemental decision only you can make...do you want to go butane. Again, for me...they are very nice "also haves" but for my objectives, they are not a primary vape for me.

Hope this helps....oh, also...at some point we just got to pull the trigger, right?
  • John Cocktostone

I use the lynx on my maxx and absolutely love the conditioning. Use filtered water and change it daily. The loss of flavor is made up for on the bigger hits.
  • Mr White
    does the enano not hit hard? I too have been trying to decide between the hydro brick Max and the enano
  • Baron23
    the E-nano is a great device, IMO. I’ll write more tomorrow
  • Baron23
    I love my Enano. Log vapes are typically desired for their real on-demand style (take a hit and set the stem aside until later), ability to work very efficiently with small loads (down to .05G), and their ability to be left on 24 x 7.

To hit an Enano hard, I do it like this....suddenly my tame little sipper becomes a 9 lb hammer

5ytdnrd815p5haaw.jpeg

I personally think every med patient should have a log vape for the reasons listed above.

As to Enano vs SB Hydro Max....I dunno...its like which is better, apples or oranges? I have seen a ton of "which is better, X or Y vape" and most of the comparisons seem false to me...that is, they are very different devices and it depends on what YOU want out of a vape, how you vape, and what are your objectives.

Enano is, IMO, wonderful and I wouldn't give it up.

Now, if I wanted REALLY hard hitting in something similar to a log vape, consider the VXH EVO with a Hydrotube. Mo' money, but a really hitter in my book.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
  • JMH
    man I like that setup it looks really awesome!
  • Mr White
    glad to hear that it was enough to push me to buy one today thanks my friendfn57fbxnc3u9kzz0.png
  • Baron23
    congrats. Come back and tell us how you like it. No pics, it didn’t happen. LOL haha
  • Mr White
    I was hoping it would've shipped today but when it gets here I post about it
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment