• KKAMC72
    I cleaned my ghost just last night. I tried to use it today with a full battery and for some reason it's not working. I didnt over do the cleaning process either, I was sure to be gentle have have no iso leak into the vape. Just like the videos on ghosts YouTube channel. Ive tried different batteries as well and I reset the firmware on it 2 times now. Its showing a solid green dot in the middle and its blinking on the left and right sides red. I'm not very sure what's going on but I very much live the vape and use it everyday. I kinda packed up a crucible dispenser so I could have a good night. Any help?
  • ZRN
    @KKAMC72 - What is going on when you try to use it? I would guess the heat sink is maybe not back together quite right. Try taking it apart and carefully reassembling it, even a slight leak there can cause problems. Is it heating up? You have already flagged Mark. Hope this gets you going, hope it's something simple.

ZRN
  • KKAMC72
    It's not seeming to heat up. It does everything but heat up and I truly do hope it's simple as I've had it for awhile and use it pretty often. Heat sink and everything Is air tight after testing
  • ZRN
    That's over my head, sorry, not heating up will have to wait for Mark. Have you pulled the heat sink to see if it heating up?
  • MustB

It could be the door not registering as being shut properly. Check the door mechanism, make sure nothing is blocking it (maybe the silicon has slipped down a little or something during cleaning) and push the door in as hard as possible, see if that clears it.
  • rft360
    another one bites the dust im starting a mv1 ghost death counter... : D
  • Baron23
    Have you opened a support ticket with Ghost via their website? If not, please consider doing so.

Tagging Ghost - @ghost-ops @GHOSTTEAM @GhostWhitney - hi Ghost, in addition to tagging for the above issue, I went to the site looking for a listing of error code displays (like green in the middle and blinking red on the sides) but couldn't find one. It would be helpful if you posted such a thing (if it exists) so that we can, for example, know what a door open error indication is and the like when we get inquiries like this. just a thought.
  • KKAMC72
    I wouldn't take it into that sort of consideration, this vape has been nothing but the best vape out of my collection. Keep counting cause theres few with issues with these vapes even under constant attention. Machines have mechanical errors, as could a brand new car. And brand new cars have more recalls. Lol

the door is seated properly and I do believe there isn't an indication for the door being open or shut. It usually would of heated being opened or closed. Could be possible about the silicon slipping.

I was planning on doing getting a ghost ticket but it was after hours, so I thought someone on the forum could help before I had went to bed lol. I will try to obtain a photo or video of the error.

I pulled out the crucible after multiple times of trying to heat it and the bottom wasnt any different temp. Nor was the heat sink. I watched the heating unit and it didnt even start to glow. Very weird as I couldnt find anything about this blinking light error
  • ghost-ops
    Thanks for the tag @Baron23 because for whatever reason I didn't get the one from @KKAMC72.

@KKAMC72 this does sound very much like a door sensor error - does it stop happening if you try and run a heating cycle while applying pressure to the door? @GHOSTTEAM will message you to get some details so we can arrange a return/replacement for you.

@Baron23 the signals sheet you refer to has been unavoidably delayed by some other projects but (like the manual calibration directions you referred to in another thread recently) we are going to make this available asap alongside the manual on our website.

Thanks

Mark
  • Baron23
    You are the best, Mark.
  • KKAMC72
    the problem does persist if I add pressure onto the door. I've also tried adding a bit of pressure on top of the heat sink to see if that does anything. Thank you again for all the help. But still to no avail she isnt gonna be available to vape me out today :lol:
  • LucMarcil
    Hi, my MV1 is no longer producing heat. Bought it January 30, 2018. I have a fast charger for the battery and there is no issue on this side. The unit's heater has simply given up. Before anyone start deflecting the issue, let me assure you that I rigorously clean the crucible, its cover (mesh), the metal part that holds the stem, the green rubber inside the unit as well as the various mesh inside the unit. There is nothing inside the unit that should obstruct air flow. I got really fed up with this product and purchased a Hydrology9 a few months back and just forgot about the MV1. By the way, the Hydrology9 is definitely a much better product, much less complicated to use and it produces consistent volume of vapours at any temperature settings. Believe me, this is a vape worth talking about... As for the MV1, I used it strictly for dry herb and I followed instructions religiously in terms of heating settings and everything. I just realized that I paid quite a bit of money for the MV1 and I'd appreciate if it worked as asvertized. What do I do to return this product?
  • Cl4ud3
    You should contact Ghost customer service directly though their website. All we can do here is tag @ghost-ops and @GHOSTTEAM for you.
  • LucMarcil
    Ok, Thank you for your response!
  • LucMarcil
    In any event, for those interested in comparing products, allow me share my experience with you. I started out vaping dry herbs many years ago using the huge desk contraptions that were sold in those years. Then, portable products started to come to market. The first portable vape I ever purchased was a Da Vinci (5 or 6 years ago). It produced great tasting vapour but was a nightmare to clean. After breaking too many stems and other glass items, I got rid of it and bought a Mighty. After about 4 or 5 months of use, the Mighty's battery and the whole unit went dead. I had to ship the unit back to the manufacturer, wait 1 month for the repaired unit to be shipped back to me, only for the battery and the unit to die again on me after only 2 months of use after the replacement. In addition, the manufacturer charged me $90 US for this repair that should have been free. I did not even want to bother with the manufacturer of this crappy product after the 2nd failure and just dumped this thing in the garbage. I then purchasd a Prima Vapir, which turned out to be an excellent little product. After a couple of years of use, this is when I bought the MV1 Ghost. Another bad product, way too complicated to use and now, with a defective heating unit. I became so fed up with the MV1 Ghost that I simply put it aside somehere in my house and I bought an Hydrology9 by Cloudious9. This is, by far, the best dry herb vaporizer that I have ever purchased. It's basically like the bongs of old days but with water filtered vapour and no combustion to kill your lungs. In terms of vapour production and consistency, this is definitely the best I've had so far. I find the MV1 way too finicky and complicated. The MV1 Ghost is simply not ready for mass consumption as far as I'm concerned. Cheers all !
  • ghost-ops
    @KKAMC72 if you’ve not already been contacted directly about arranging a replacement device please can you DM me your order number (or shipping address if you did not buy direct from Ghost) and device serial number and I will ensure this is taken care of tomorrow. I saw your post in another thread about having to buy another and this isn’t a path you should need to go down; we can have a replacement with you before the weekend.

@LucMarcil I’m sorry that you’ve relegated your MV1 the way you have but I’m confident that we can ensure the MV1 becomes your daily driver the same as it is for countless people both on and off this board. I know you’re in direct contact with our CS team now and they’ll keep you updated with the next steps to get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks

Mark
  • KKAMC72
    Tip of the hat to Ghosts amazing service. Thank you for all the help! I mean seriously guys, insane out of this world customer service. Couldnt ask for anything else! Great job @ the Ghost team for making this prideful service they offer to each of their customers as spectacular as possible. Been a rider since day one of the pre orders, cannot say I've been more pleased with my business. I wouldnt believe too much they say if it revolves around negative attitudes towards this company, hard to miss the truth!
  • LucMarcil
    Well folks, I definitely have to eat crow right now. As soon as I posted in this forum, someone from MV1 Ghost got in touch with me and I now have a replacement unit on the way. This is what I call great customer service! Thank you MV1 Ghost for taking care of my issues. It is much appreciated.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment