• mmx

Oh damn, I see it now, its even writen on the black plastic which side is + and -. Thanks :))
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Just discovered the health stones Bud is selling fit perfectly in the lotus. This works great!
    0nf2vheq09tdl1xo.jpg
  • BobCat
    @Ctipp22 Check out @SouthboundPachyderm's above post.
  • BestBuds
    I discovered that trick too! It works really well. I used it through a j-hook and it collected a ton of reclaim then I rinsed it out with boiling water caught the water on the other side. I was able to pick out some of the reclaim and vape it again. It was like 85% as good as the first time through. Definitely worth it.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    i love stumbling on happy accidents.
  • mmx
    You use that with flower or concentrate? I saw Bud is using healthstones for better heat distribution, so you dont have to stir right? Not sure if this is the case here.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    using the healthstones for trates in the lotus
  • LabPong
    ↪mmx
    using the healthstones for trates in the lotus
    SouthboundPachyderm

:sparkle: :party:
  • mmx
    Wrong thread for this, but I will write it up :) maybe admin can move it to lotus thread..

Its nothing special, but its giving me great results so far. I wont say its always the same, because there is you - the analog guy, who controls the fire ;) I use lotus for like 3 months almost on daily basis.

First of always fill the bowl half full or just a bit more - max 3/4. Never tamp it down, just shake or knock it on the surface few times. I always do like a 5 seconds preheat before first hit. Then I do a long slow draw - using J-hook or vaporscope, you can clearly see, when vapor moves. When I feel the stuff on my throat, I stop heating but still drawing for another 2-3 seconds. First hit is always off the charts. Then I do second one, no need to preheat a lot - 2s. I stir the bowl every 2 hits. With half filled bowl its very easy to stir. No material is jumping out and shit the place up. I normally do like 6 hits with half filled bowl, then most of the flavour is gone - AVB is lightly brown.

Second the flame. I do it exactly as its stated here: https://lotusvaporizer.com/how-to-use-the-lotus/

If you put flame too close, your going to combust. That is why I always do it the other way. I rather burn a bit more butane with a blue flame end sticking direct to a plate or just a bit off. Heating will continue but it wont burn the material and kill the flavour. Like I said nothing special, just do a bit of experimenting with flame distance to plate. @onejuicyfruit
  • BobCat
    Thanks for the feedback. :up: This vape has been on my radar for a year. At the price point, it seems very reasonable. Which lighter are you using?
  • mmx
    @BobCat Yeah design of cap is sleek and build for a lifetime. I own the old model high temp cap, not the new sourcer one, but nothing changed - more wood, performance is the same.

I got the "their" Jobon ZB 673 Torch - well they call it that way. I only found vaporscope kit here in EU and the lighter was included. Then I ordered J-hook from Amedica (king Fez) ;)

The lighter is amazing. Ergo shape and really nice strong blue flame, perfect to use with all butane vaporisers. It has pretty decent tank, but the down side is that you cant see how full. Not seeing doesnt mean you cant use other senses. Shake it and hear how full it is or just refill on daily basis.

I need to get replacement one, because sometimes the lighter gets to hot and its good just to swap it out. I checked EU market and you cant get one here - but I found a solution. Black-grey version + a nice gift box :starstruck:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/with-box-1300-039-c-welding-jet-torch-lighters/414006770.html#s1-2-1;searl|1353889240
  • BobCat
    I'm in the U.S. so for their Jobron lighter I'll be fortunate. I think I read others say that lighter works well. Thanks again!!
  • LabPong
    I'm in the U.S. so for their Jobron lighter I'll be fortunate. I think I read others say that lighter works well. Thanks again!!BobCat

Yes....the Jabon lighter is pretty key for using the Lotus. It has the perfect size and shape flame to make the Lotus work fast.

From another thread someone was asking this:

would you explain or make a video of the technique you use with the Lotus?
    How long have you used it? I can't get a rhythm with its use to make it one which I can replicate every time.
    onejuicyfruit

If you get this Jabon lighter to use with the Lotus....it will be much easier to understand how to heat it well to get vapor. Other lighters like normal single jet torches you might use with say a vapcap....are not enough power in a small single jet flame to do it well. The Jabon makes a more focused and longer narrow flame that penetrates the Lotus's plates really well.

Plus.....the Jabon is the most ergonomic lighter you could use.....super low stress in holding position...and more importantly low pressure to hold the trigger....and it has a hold button for the trigger, though I never use it.

My quick tips for using the Lotus are:
    Preheat 3-5 seconds around the middle of the plate with no draws....then start drawing while moving the torch slowly around the inner plate over the width of the bowl area. Then to finish up the heating.......use the windshield pattern or similar so you just heat 1/2 of the full surface area only. They talk about it on the Lotus website...and if you try to do what I explain here, it should lead you to finding your own pattern and timing to make the Lotus sing!

But you need a good torch to do it consistently.......which is why they sell that cool Jabon torch with it.
  • treecityrnd
    Ditto, been on my radar forever. For-ev-er. For-ev-er.

Thanks for all the good info everyone! This & the Ember are the two I keep meaning to grab from VGoodiez & fam but I keep stalling. Time to shit or get off the pot, eh?
  • LabPong
    treecityrnd.....if you get a Lotus.....get the new wider one. It is just so much easier to handle and deal with.
  • BestBuds
    The lighter

I love the Lotus. It's my favorite butane vape a close second is the Elev8r.
  • onejuicyfruit
    vaporscopePhilly
    Thank you LabPong! I need to mess with my lighters, empty, refill, and set up the Jabon lighter. I will also try the half load. I just need to spend more time with the Lotus. My e-nano is just so easy it has been consuming my attention for a while. I just got an Omni vapcap during the Independence Sale so I'd better get more confident with butane lighters! :blush: embarrassed
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong

vaporscope — Philly

Thank you LabPong! I need to mess with my lighters, empty, refill, and set up the Jabon lighter. I will also try the half load. I just need to spend more time with the Lotus. My E-nano is just so easy it has been consuming my attention for a while. I just got an Omni VapCap during the Independence Sale so I'd better get more confident with butane lighters! :blush: embarrassed
    onejuicyfruit

Glad to help. Also, to note....i do not find a need to only pack half full......but I do find it better to not pack tight.....full but loose pack works for me.
  • Ctipp22
    Lotus still winning the flavor game
  • Taz
    Hello! Does anyone have any experience with Lotus when they have sent the wrong thing?
    I ordered the new Saucer cap and received the small one instead.
  • LabPong
    Hello! Does anyone have any experience with Lotus when they have sent the wrong thing?
    I ordered the new Saucer cap and received the small one instead.
    Taz

Taz....just email them.....Max is a cool dude and he will make it right!
  • Taz
    @LabPong Thanks Mate. I already did get a response to my email of Max. He offered me a small refund or to send back the smaller cap.
    I took the refund. Hence I could not wait until I hear back from Lotus and had to try it out.
    It was just the first moment of disappointment when realising I didn't get what I ordered.
    But it's all good now and I'm really happy about the nice service!

BTW I love that thing after one day! Flavour HEAVEN!
  • Auneance
    Looks interesting. But I have not come across such types yet.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet