• Westkvw
    Does anyone on here own the lotus vape. I recently got a dynavap and love it. This vape looks on the same idea and also fun. Any thoughts?
  • earthling
    I have one. Combusted when first used, definitely a learning curve and no click to know when to back off with the flame. I've since sold my aluminum stem and original Lotus cap, but still have the water adapter that I can also use in my glass J-hook and the updated Lotus cap that is supposed to make it easier to avoid combusting. Can't tell you much from experience as I usually just defer to my Dynavap or Arizer Air 2.
  • Vapeur Rogue
    I absolutely love my lotus vape- was one of only 3 vapes that I had between 2013 and aug of this year. There is a new(er) high temp cap option - came out a few years ago but was newer to me when I returned to active shopping-, and a glass stem that came out this week - different from the J-hook recommended above. ( A lot of folks love the J-hook, I have no experience, but plan on getting this new stem.)
  • Magicman
    Hazel, the real pink ranger, owned the Lotus on sweater stream.
  • juxt
    Lotus Vape is cool right, I think Hazel did it amazing. I have a VAPMAN, similar concept,he had it out on the livestream but they didn't get to it I think. I only caught pieces of the stream because of the meds.

Lego Crazel easily smashes Lego JEFE ... and the Lotus Vape on livestream. DAT CHICKY HIT A CRACK PIPE! Ain't her crack, DAT HER SMACK.

Magicman didn't know it but it was I that requested the Lotus for the stream to give you evil troll fodder ... I however commit to rescuing this thread.
  • Ctipp22
    yeah she got it perfectly first try lol
  • LabPong
    juxt...cool.....I wanted to resurrect the thread as well. I am really interested in the Lotus. I have not been using my vapcaps much recently at all. I think maybe the Lotus could offer me smoother and better tasting vapor? I hope so......will find out in the future.

It was really nice to see Hazel get a big ol hit last night on the stream. I think she needs a couple more.....but with a j hook this time.
  • Taranta
    Maybe already mentioned in this thread and nice to know,
    daily useage of the Lotus requires renewing the Vapor Cap every 3 to 6 month.
    The price of the more resistant ceramic Black Vapor Cap is 90€.
    Not a bargain at all.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I wish that the lotus had a tempature indicator i love how it looks. I still might get one down the road in a few years just to have but its not something i need right away. If it had tempature indication i would prob have taken it over a vapcap.
  • juxt

They came out with one, but you have to buy it separate.
    Temp
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    finally a product that will help me find my cat faster when he is in the hedge! Or maybe he jumped pit of the boat at night and now i can find him! :lol:
  • juxt

I though you were looking for that secret grow op at your neighbor's house ;)

But hey, if your cat falls out the boat, for sure save that kitty. My cat is 28 pounds, I bet she would sink like a stone.
  • UbarDog

You have a Fat Albert then
  • Baron23
    Dat a fat cat, Jack! Wow
  • juxt

Mine fat MISSY..... DAT BITCH DANK
  • LabPong
    New Lotus Cap is out. It has a raised up bowled outer edge...Max said it helps keeping your fingers off the heater plate.

2019-Lotus.jpg

2019-Lotus-2.jpg
  • LabPong
    Ok all.....because there are a few threads talking about the Lotus....I think we should keep this one more prominent as the main thread about the Lotus vape.

Here is my hacked custom glass bowl setup for the Lotus.

LotusB.jpg

Lotu-Sbrah.jpg

LotusA.jpg
    To make this arizer wpa into a Lotus bowl.....

1. arizer wpa gong.

2. 1/2 or 7/16 food grade (silicone) o-ring around the screen level area
    teflon tape (plumbers tape) in strips of about 3-4 inches long but cut in half so
    the strips are about 4mm wide.

3. take out the metal collar with a socket or something that is wide enough to press
    it out of the wood piece....gently...slowly.

4. wrap a smaller piece of tape around the oring so you just cover that no more than 2 times around the wpa.

5. now use a longer strip of tape to start filling up the area from 1mm below the edge of the glass down to the o-ring. It might take a few pieces of tape to fill up the gap enough for the wood to fit around it fairly tightly. This will loosen up and compact as you use it several time...so you might need to put another piece of tape on it after it is worked it. You just need to have a semi decent seal to the wood. It will be perfect when you can always turn it upside down and the wood disk will not fall off.

6. Add some more o-rings or something around the wpa to help grab it off the rig when you clear your hit.
  • EconMan

How cool. So you can just buy the cap and use whatever jointed device you desire?
  • Ctipp22
    I’m gonna test it stock today, then gonna get the arizer stuff and orings.
  • LabPong
    How cool. So you can just buy the cap and use whatever jointed device you desire?EconMan

The stock configuration with the metal bowl and metal collar as the female end allow you to use the Lotus on any 14mm joint.

2019-Lotus-2.jpg
    Metal collar removed.

WPA1__55667.1452796843.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    This stock is the stock rig adapter. I opted to just get this and not one if their "pipes".

I suggest people to get the nice funnel Jabon lighter. It works really well as it has a nice longer narrow blue flame that is more concentrated then the average smaller single torches.

So, yes....you can just get the cap and go from there. The option for black or silver lotus...is just the top ring that has the lotus cutout in it. No difference in function here for the $ difference...but I do like the black one....I have both.
  • LabPong
    I’m gonna test it stock today, then gonna get the arizer stuff and orings. ↪LabPongCtipp22

:starstruck:
  • earthling
    I would so like a compatible glass bowl, but the suggested mod is not something I will do. Seems like some glass blower would pick up on this and make one that fits without removing the metal from the cap. Someone like DDave could have my money if one were offered.
  • LabPong
    I would so like a compatible glass bowl, but the suggested mod is not something I will do. Seems like some glass blower would pick up on this and make one that fits without removing the metal from the cap. Someone like DDave could have my money if one were offered.earthling

Yea....my hack is just temporary until I can find a better fix. I think a different collar might be a go as the arizer wpa's are like 0.25 to 0.5mm too wide to fit the metal collar.

The only other thing I would try is to drill out slightly and use a diff collar...but that collar could be impossible to find in stainless. So....yea a different or custom glass bowl/wpa piece.

Edit/Addition:
    I would never use the teflon or o-ring normally like this....but the only reason I did is because of the lack of heat or heat retention at the bowl. Even with the stock metal adapter....the Lotus bowl area does not get very hot at all. I can kill off a full bowl with the glass and take off the top....and then handle the glass bowl no problem.

It sort of amazed me at first how well this vape "flash heats" and has little heat retention except for the top plates....and those cool off pretty quick as well.

So this is the reason I did not have any problem with the o-ring and teflon hack....temporarily.
  • Ctipp22
    Just got a text that it’s been delivered. Just waiting to go home to open it
  • Magicman
    I will get one soon and start diary. Magicman's diaries are #1 on this forum.
  • BestBuds
    can't wait to hear what you think of it. You and I think very similar when it comes to vapes. I have noticed that for a while now. So your opinion is important to me. :up:
  • Ctipp22
    Honesty is my best policy. Ill give my immediate review but usually vapes reveal themselves fully over a couple days.
  • BestBuds
    Don't let my eagerness make you feel rushed. Take your time with it bro. :victory:
  • EconMan

As long as he does it tomorrow :rofl:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube